Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect (530 Views)

Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo / 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate / Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by divinehand2003(m): 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
- Agbakoba wants the government to repair the current Niger Bridge or build the Second Niger Bridge which has been abandoned

- The lawyer is also seeking the creation of two more states in the southeast region for the sake of political balance

- Agbakoba says the damages he is asking for, if granted, would be jointly shared by the current five states in the southeast region

Ex-Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) president Olisa Agbakoba has sued the federal government for a whopping N1trillion being damages for the neglect of the southeast region of the country.

The Guardian reports that the lawyer filed an application before a Federal High Court in Enugu in which he challenged the total neglect of the Southeast zone.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: DSS raids PenCom after ex-DG refuses to hand overBREAKING: DSS raids PenCom after ex-DG refuses to hand over

Agbakoba said the sum of N1trillion that he is seeking as damages will be shared among the five Southeast states in the region.
Olisa Agbakoba says he wants FG to pay N1trillion that will be shared by states in the southeast region.

The report says the fundamental rights class action is before Justice A. R. Mohammed and was filed on behalf of Agbakoba and the Southeast zone on the grounds of discrimination, pursuant to Section 42 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended).

Agbakoba says there is total neglect of the geopolitical zone by the Federal Government, in terms of infrastructure and general federal presence.

He accused the FG of leaving the Niger Bridge to collapse.

He noted that failure to build the ‘Second Niger Bridge,’ is making him, the applicant, and the region feel isolated from other parts of the country.

He said it is also causing him worries about disaster of crossing the existing bridge.

READ ALSO: The story of Emmanuel Nwude who carried out the biggest scam in Nigeria

Agbakoba is also seeking an order directing the FG to swiftly create two additional states in the Southeast geopolitical zone.

According to him, such move would bring a balance with the seven states in the Northwest, thereby ending the discrimination against the Southeast zone both legislative representation, political and judicial appointments terms and not federal allocation accruing to the zone.

A date has yet to be fixed for the hearing of the application.

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com gathered that there is presently a hot battle between the southeast and the northeast for the job of David Babachir Lawal, the suspended secretary to the government of the federation.

Leading members of the ruling All Progressives Congress from the southeast have begun a race for the top job which they say the region deserves in order to bring a great sense of belonging within the federation to that part of the country.

https://www.naij.com/1100789-olisa-agbakoba-sues-fg-n1trn-southeast-neglect.html

Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by adeniyi3971(m): 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
Story Story
Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by Young03(m): 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
He wants to be noticed like falana
bt nna anyi deje oo
Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by Obinoscopy(m): 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2017
Won't be surprised if he contests for something in 2019
Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by sarrki(m): 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
I tho Gej has fixed everything

Bros Agbakoba you can make that money without court case

Be a whistle blower

You will be glad you did
Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by sarrki(m): 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
Agbakoba is a well known supporters if corrupt politicians

Since time immemorial
Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by pazienza(m): 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
Odika Agbakoba enwe go political ambition. Ocholu iji "babayaya" a o na-eti, mee onwe ya, eze okwulu ora Ndiigbo nke mbu.

Nna anyi, onye olu. Jisike.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by DickTator1: 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
Moderators please stop this annoying habit by sarrki.

sarrki can be very annoying, why the moderators refuse to ban him is strange.
There's a modify button on any post you make, learn to modify your post rather than clicking on "reply".
In some thread make 4 or 5 post when you can modify your existing post.
It is very annoying, I hope moderators take a look at it.
We can all do it you know.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by sarrki(m): 5:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
DickTator1:
Moderators please stop this annoying habit by sarrki.
sarrki you can be very annoying, why the moderators refuse to ban you is strange.
There's a modify button on any post you make, learn to modify your post rather than clicking on "reply".
In some thread make 4 or 5 post when you can modify your existing post.
It is very annoying, I hope moderators take a look at it.
We can all do it you know.

Noted

Do you agree on what I said on Agbakoba ?
Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by DickTator1: 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
sarrki:

Noted

Do you agree on what I said on Agbakoba ?
Thank you. I don't agree with your view on Agbakoba.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by Origin(f): 5:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
5666321 things wrong with the southeast but its the Niger bridge we are shouting about.
Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by AshiwajuFoward: 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
This must be fake news joo. The same yeibo people that have the 'most developed' region in Nigeria and by extension Africa, that have developed the SE into the African Dubai and in their magnanimity are spreading/helping to develop Lagos, Abuja, Thailand, Indonesia, India, China, SA, etc are the ones supposedly suing the FG for underdevelopment
Definitely this must be fake news.

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by sarrki(m): 5:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
DickTator1:

Thank you. I don't agree with your view on Agbakoba.

I see
Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by odogwubiafra: 5:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
That is why they can't bear the greatest challenge of their life. The great Biafrans are not asking for anything, just let us be, not minding the Nigeria we all laboured for.

JUST LET US GO and develop ourselves as you have defied development since 1914.
Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG For N1trn Over Southeast Neglect by Justuceleague2: 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2017
So, Barawo-bá wants to fight for 5 states but the damages is to be paid to him

(1) (Reply)

I Can Never Denigrate My People, Says Adewale, Ekiti PDP Guber Aspirant / IGP Plotting To Kill Me, Raids My Abuja Home - Wike / Who Are The Toilet Washer In Aso Rocks??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.