Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,040 members, 7,810,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo (67783 Views)

Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi / Lawyer, Malcolm Omirhobo, Appears In Traditional Outfit At Supreme Court / Sunday Igboho's Bullet Proof With Arabic Inscription On It (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by soloenzo(m): 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
A Nigerian lawyer and Human Rights activist Barr. Malcolm Omirhobo has Thursday sued the Federal Government, Central Bank of Nigeria, Nigeria Army, Ministry of Defense and Attorney General of the Federation over the continuous Arabic inscription on the naira notes and the flag of the Nigerian Army without considering Nigeria to be a secular nation.

He is seeking a Federal High Court to interpret the provisions of Section 10 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He filed two suits.

The defendants in the suits are Central Bank of Nigeria, Attorney-General of the Federation, the Nigerian Army, as well as the Ministry of Defence.

Plaintiff is seeking a court interpretation whether by a community reading of Sections 10 and 55 of the 1999 Constitution, it is lawful and constitutional for the defendants to permit the Naira notes to be adorned with Arabic inscriptions.

In the same vein, the plaintiff is asking whether by a community reading of Sections 1(1)(3), 10 and 55 of the 1999 Constitution, it is proper for the defendants to permit the Nigerian Army logo to be adorned, or inscribed in Arabic insignia.

He is seeking a court interpretation whether by the true letter and spirit of Section 10 of the 1999 Constitution, Nigeria is a secular state without any official religion.

He wants the court to declare that it is  illegal, unlawful, and unconstitutional to allow the Nigerian Army logo to be adorned, and inscribed in Arabic language, instead of the official English language or Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo which are the three main languages or ethnic groups in Nigeria.

The defendants are yet to reply. The Court also is yet to fix a date for the hearing of the case.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MalcolmInfiniti/status/1215275147537666048

129 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by ghettokid1(m): 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
Kudos to the Lawyer.

879 Likes 69 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by Righteousness89(m): 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
Finally someone Eyes has been open!!

Good one!!

595 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by Oxb90: 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
i wish him luck. some one pls remind me, who is the current minister of justice/attorney general of Nigeria, and from which religion

166 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by SUPERPACK: 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
Yes, we should also ask them why we have " God" in the national pledge since Nigeria is a secular country and not a christian country.

143 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by Turantula(m): 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Yes, we should also ask them why we have " God" in the national pledge since Nigeria is a secular country and not a christian country.
Because God > Allah

344 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by daddytime(m): 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
I've been trying to locate the Arabic text on the naira notes....

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by Nukilia: 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
Terrorist would be unhappy with this news grin grin grin grin grin

296 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by mrvitalis(m): 2:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
SUPERPACK:
English is our official language

392 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by PointZerom: 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
You didn't tell them to remove the Cow on 200Naira Note?

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by Kundagarten: 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
Great

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by Mynd44: 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
daddytime:

Dead case.

FG will kuku tell the court there is no Arabic insignias there since it is Ajami that is there

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by pesty100(m): 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
Finally somebody is doing something, i have always wondered whether Nigeria is a secular state

141 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by PointZerom: 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
daddytime:

It is there. Check well at the bottom of 200 and 500 notes etc.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by Racoon(m): 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2020
Good one! Imagine if it were a bible verse that was inscribed on these symbols of our nationhood.MURIC what sayeth thou?

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by Pentasoft1978: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2020
Oxb90:
i wish him luck. some one pls remind me, who is the current minister of justice/attorney general of Nigeria, and from which religion
Then what, it is timidity that is killing us in this country, allow that man to exercise his fundamental human right, Let them kill him if they like. Are they God..

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by soloenzo(m): 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2020
Oxb90:

His name is Abubakar Malami, d name speaks now, Malami, a Malam..... An aboki from the owners of Nigeria's region

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by Afolabimills(m): 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
Where is mumuric

14 Likes

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by Subduer: 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
The matter should reach The Supreme Court, especially during this tenure of Honourable Tanko, CJN.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by saaron(m): 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
PointZerom:

Each time I come across those people, I weep for Nigeria. They don't contribute any progressive thing to their immediate environment. They don't pay house rent or any utility levy. They don't go to school or involve in any mental development program.

Nigeria will never move forward with them.
At the bolded. It's a fact that some settlements in the north don't pay electricity bill. But electricity officials will not hesitate to disconnect Middle belt and Southern Nigerians who don't pay electricity bills. I know places in Middle belt states where almajiris living in a location don't pay a single kobo as electricity bill and they are enjoying constant power. This is what they call One Nigeria.
A country where two set of laws (constitution and sharia) are applied to two set of people in the same geographical location! A country where almajiris, fulani terrorist and boko haram members are considered first class citizens. A country where a brilliant child that scores 250 and above is not given admission, but a dull almajiri from north that scores 5 is given straight admission to unty schools in the name of quota system.
Nigeria is nothing but a geographical deception.

152 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by daddytime(m): 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
PointZerom:

It is there. Check well at the bottom of 200 and 500 notes etc.

Ooh okay...

No mind my frail old eyes.

I never knew that was Arabic. What does it say? grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by saaron(m): 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
Subduer:
The matter should reach The Supreme Court, especially during this tenure of Honourable Tanko, Sharia CJN.
Let's call the CJN by what we know him - Sharia CJN.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by BuhariAdvocate: 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
if its me that will handle this case this man will first put in jail for the public disturbance .
Again he will pay 1billion for damage his action would cause society.

8 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by ursullalinda(f): 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2020
Aboki's won't see anything wrong with that....assuming is a Christian writing.....Nigeria will boiling for nothing

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by TheSourcerer: 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
Sadly it's a failed cause , and why are Christains threatened by the Arabic inscriptions
There's English , Igbo, Yoruba ,Hausa and Arabic on the currency
Why tickle your butthole over Arabic
Are they forcing you to speak it?

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by Hisxellency: 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
During the Centenary..
GEJ Govt tried removing the Arabic inscription on One hundred naira note by putting that of Jewish own there, it was heavily criticised by the powers that be!
Till date.. We have "Home and Away" Hundred naira note!!!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by Pabloosas(m): 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
angry
Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by Badmod: 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
We need more people with balls like this man...
Buhari will report the guy to Saudi Arabia.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo by Aldebaran(m): 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
grin

Drunk Lawyer...

A Case You Can Never Win... grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Sits On The Floor At Emir Of Ilorin's Palace (Photos) / How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.