Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. (3370 Views)

Troops Renovate Road Leading To Boko Haram Hideout In Borno / Road Leading To New Afrika Shrine Gets Rehabilitated Ahead Of Macron's Visit / The Road Leading To Otuoke, Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan's Village (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by legislatively: 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2017
This is 2nd gate Oshodi Apapa ,Tincan port , 2nd highest generating revenue to FG , yet the abuja Airport only took weeks to fix

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by greatnaija01: 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
there is nothing wrong with it.... THE SEA ONLY CAME OUT TO GREET PEOPLE... grin grin grin

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by mikeweezy(m): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
our government has allocate money for that ask lia mohammed ...........
Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by missioner(m): 6:26pm On Apr 22, 2017
No alarm for cause. I say no to increment of the heat already in polity.
Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
The Nigerian federal Government is a monumental failure. State governments have fulfilled their roles better than the FG even though it takes 52% of allocations accruing to both levels of Government. If Lagos was In charge of the Ports and the road leading to it this road would have been better.

18 Likes

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by ChimaAdeoye: 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
There was a country...

2 Likes

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by Kdon2: 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
mikeweezy:
our government has allocate money for that ask lia mohammed ...........

Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by citizenY(m): 6:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
This is beyond shame.

5 Likes

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by Montaque(m): 6:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
Yes, we don't have an alternative, if we had agreed to have one other port, we wud have shut down apapa to do repairs, just like we did with abuja airport using kaduna as alternative.
So let's suffer it till we get objective about national development

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by MXrep: 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
Abuja was not the only functional airport, if we shut down this port for repairs how are we going to cope?? Before Abuja was repaired, Kaduna airport was upgraded to do exactly the type of job Abuja airport was doing, so you should advocate that Calabar port to be upgraded to Lagos standard, cargo diverted to Calarbar, then Lagos repaired
Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by Blue3k(m): 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
Lol Nigeria and infastrure. The Government lets it break down to the point you have close the whole road to fix this monstrosity. Regular maintenance wouldn't allow roads to get this bad.

Seriously if you guys are honestly concerned about this development contact the port manager. Telling jokes on nairaland only gets so far.

AISHA ALI-IBRAHIM (MRS)
Port Manager, Lagos Port Complex

a.aisha@nigerianports.org

2 Likes

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by Blackfire(m): 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
Am sorry did someone provoke the sea..
Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by gberra: 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
Blue3k:
Lol Nigeria and infastrure. The Government lets it break down to the point you have close the whole road to fix this monstrosity. Regular maintenance wouldn't allow roads to get this bad.

Seriously if you guys are honestly concerned about this development contact the port manager. Telling jokes on nairaland only gets so far.

AISHA ALI-IBRAHIM (MRS)

Na the port manager go fix the road?..Na real wa! . We know who is telling jokes now .

The smiling one cheesy

1 Like

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by pinkcottoncandy: 8:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
STUPID LEADERS!!!!

TO THE YOUTHS OF NIGERIA!!

All those youths who are against restructuring of our government, we all know the system as it is is not working to benefit us talkless of our children or generations to come.

As an alternative, have you ever stopped to think of the benefits of restructuring?....instead of drawing conclusions from beer parlor politicians of why Nigeria should remain the way it is.

In my opinion, Nigeria should be restructured to follow the United States Government System...into UNITED STATES OF NIGERIA, where each state will have:

1) Its own Independent government with its own elected legislature,(even if such legislature will be under the umbrella of the federal government - This will take into account each tribal cultures which I think is one of the biggest issues in Nigeria - So that anyone going to live or do business in a state will know what they are getting themselves into.

2) Each state will be able to issue its own municipal bonds to raise capital for its state projects like building roads,schools, hospitals etc

3) Instead of waiting for federal hand outs, Each state will be able to create its own business friendly laws and harness its own resources and taxes to develop the state and create employment for the youths.

4) Each state will be able to have its own industry.....with business friendly laws, they can invite foreign brands, whose goods are imported into the country, to come establish their factory in Nigeria...if not their goods will be banned from the country. That way OUR goods will be made by Nigerians and consumed by Nigerians....JOBS WILL BE YAKATA

I am sure there are loads of benefits, but I have highlighted these three to get the conversation going.

Youths, Every corner you look....everyone is selling the same thing, every body is roasting plantain and fish,as a result, they go to juju up and down to undo their competition.

We look down on our own made in Nigeria products...VERY STUPID indeed.

I remember my German neighbor when I was younger....who bought made in ABA sandals ...he was amazed...he was like " SUCH HIGH QUALITY...I CAN USE THIS FOR 4 YEARS"

Imagine the lifecycle of a toothpick made in

CHINA

1 The farmers that grow the bambooo ---Jobs
2 The labourers that cut the bamaboo ---Jobs
3 Those that transport bamboo to factory ---jobs
4) Those that manufacture the toothpick ---jobs
5) Packing the toothpick for shipment ---jobs
6) Transporting the toothpicks to ship ---Jobs

WHEN THE GOODS GET TO NIGERIA WHAT WE GET FOR CONSUMING THESE GOODS IS HIGH INFLATED PRICES DUE TO MIDDLEMEN...AND WE WILL BE CRYING DOLLAR!!!...MTCHHHHEEEEEEWWWWWW...as if dollar is our currency

Just toothpick alone creates at least 50,000 Jobs for the Chinese....you can imagine all the other products we use in Nigeria....

PLEASE...LET US USE OUR BRAINS FOR ONCE.

If only one person can steal $9 million...the other $45 million....that is only 2 people stole almost $60 million....out of over 100,000 fat bellied politicians....there will never be hope for us youths as long as things remain the way they are.

RESTRUCTURING IS THE ONLY WAY OUT

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by legislatively: 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
Where's lalasticlala sef?

1 Like

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by Blue3k(m): 8:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
gberra:
Na the port manager go fix the road?..Na real wa! . We know who is telling jokes now .

The smiling one cheesy

Who would be then? From what I can tell from the picture the road part of the port. I only suggest her since I assume she would care most about efficiency of port. Feel free to post their contact info. Since everyone supposedly concernes.

It reminds me if Airport management at Abuja who let runway get potholes before they decided to fix. They should have been relaying messages about needing funds to maintain runway to avoid shut down.
Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by aloziedaya(m): 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2017
Why should it be the only functional seaport in a nation as big as Nigeria. This road is good compared to the one leading to square bonded terminal.
There was a country

1 Like

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by meezynetwork(m): 8:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
Eyesore

1 Like

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by Omoluabi16(m): 8:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
I think it's only fair the SS also has a seaport. It's shameful We only have lagos seaport.

1 Like

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by Noneroone(m): 10:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
Zo*

1 Like

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by Okoyiboz3: 2:21am On Apr 23, 2017
Omoluabi16:
I think it's only fair the SS also has a seaport. It's shameful We only have lagos seaport.

If there is no security, there can't be development. That is the problem the SS has.
Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by mikolo80: 4:46am On Apr 23, 2017
MXrep:
Abuja was not the only functional airport, if we shut down this port for repairs how are we going to cope?? Before Abuja was repaired, Kaduna airport was upgraded to do exactly the type of job Abuja airport was doing, so you should advocate that Calabar port to be upgraded to Lagos standard, cargo diverted to Calarbar, then Lagos repaired
Cameroon Ghana Togo de dia

1 Like

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by mikolo80: 4:47am On Apr 23, 2017
Blue3k:

AISHA ALI-IBRAHIM (MRS)

how else will you know they are working close to election time

1 Like

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by mikolo80: 5:03am On Apr 23, 2017
pinkcottoncandy:
STUPID LEADERS!!!!

TO THE YOUTHS OF NIGERIA!!

All those youths who are against restructuring of our government, we all know the system as it is is not working to benefit us talkless of our children or generations to come.
who youth epp

sir
As an alternative, have you ever stopped to think of the benefits of restructuring?....instead of drawing conclusions from beer parlor politicians of why Nigeria should remain the way it is.
define restructuring

In my opinion, Nigeria should be restructured to follow the United States Government System...into UNITED STATES OF NIGERIA, where each state will have:

1) Its own Independent government with its own elected legislature,(even if such legislature will be under the umbrella of the federal government - This will take into account each tribal cultures which I think is one of the biggest issues in Nigeria - So that anyone going to live or do business in a state will know what they are getting themselves into.
which power do our states lack. apart from youth who vote for rice sharers
abi do Hausa men fill your senatorial ministerial assembly gov commissioner chairmen or councillor slots?

2) Each state will be able to issue its own municipal bonds to raise capital for its state projects like building roads,schools, hospitals etc

Lagos does this
ogun gap done it
so what are you talking

3) Instead of waiting for federal hand outs, Each state will be able to create its own business friendly laws and harness its own resources and taxes to develop the state and create employment for the youths.

who hol you

4) Each state will be able to have its own industry.....with business friendly laws, they can invite foreign brands, whose goods are imported into the country, to come establish their factory in Nigeria...if not their goods will be banned from the country. That way OUR goods will be made by Nigerians and consumed by Nigerians....JOBS WILL BE YAKATA
see above

see
I am sure there are loads of benefits, but I have highlighted these three to get the conversation going.
you're just travelling to sokoto to look for what is already in your sokoto

Youths, Every corner you look....everyone is selling the same thing, every body is roasting plantain and fish,as a result, they go to juju up and down to undo their competition.
una gree enter farm
nobody wan suffer
all looking for easy money

you gree
We look down on our own made in Nigeria products...VERY STUPID indeed.

who wan use substandard at same price with Mr even cost more than original. that is the real stupidity. I should waste money because it's made in Nigeria

I remember my German neighbor when I was younger....who bought made in ABA sandals ...he was amazed...he was like " SUCH HIGH QUALITY...I CAN USE THIS FOR 4 YEARS"

Imagine the lifecycle of a toothpick made in

CHINA

1 The farmers that grow the bambooo ---Jobs
2 The labourers that cut the bamaboo ---Jobs
3 Those that transport bamboo to factory ---jobs
4) Those that manufacture the toothpick ---jobs
5) Packing the toothpick for shipment ---jobs
6) Transporting the toothpicks to ship ---Jobs

]1 and 2 and 4 and 5 are the same ppl runs manufacturing figures

WHEN THE GOODS GET TO NIGERIA WHAT WE GET FOR CONSUMING THESE GOODS IS HIGH INFLATED PRICES DUE TO MIDDLEMEN...AND WE WILL BE CRYING DOLLAR!!!...MTCHHHHEEEEEEWWWWWW...as if dollar is our currency

as long as we keep importing dollar IS our currency bobs

Just toothpick alone creates at least 50,000 Jobs for the Chinese....you can imagine all the other products we use in Nigeria....

PLEASE...LET US USE OUR BRAINS FOR ONCE.
this is not matter of brain but one of laziness

If only one person can steal $9 million...the other $45 million....that is only 2 people stole almost $60 million....out of over 100,000 fat bellied politicians....there will never be hope for us youths as long as things remain the way they are.

[/quote ]

what are you waiting for
better go and steal your own and build toothpick factory
[quote]
RESTRUCTURING IS THE ONLY WAY OUT

one more time define describe, what the Bleep is restructuring?

2 Likes

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by mikolo80: 5:04am On Apr 23, 2017
Blue3k:

Who would be then? From what I can tell from the picture the road part of the port. I only suggest her since I assume she would care most about efficiency of port. Feel free to post their contact info. Since everyone supposedly concernes.

It reminds me if Airport management at Abuja who let runway get potholes before they decided to fix. They should have been relaying messages about needing funds to maintain runway to avoid shut down.
better to get post office address. they can't block or ignore physical letters.
Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by mikolo80: 5:05am On Apr 23, 2017
Omoluabi16:
what does fair have to do with anything. is it fair that lions eat gazelles. man up bra
Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by mikolo80: 5:06am On Apr 23, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

If there is no security, there can't be development. That is the problem the SS has.
says who. how many security in Israel

1 Like

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by Okoyiboz3: 10:24am On Apr 23, 2017
mikolo80:
says who. how many security in Israel

This one thinks security is limited to uniformed personnel!
Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by SalamRushdie: 10:27am On Apr 23, 2017
Nigerians are really wicked and insensitive to everything around them
Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by midol: 11:03am On Apr 23, 2017
Even if you repair that road 30 times it will still be destroyed 30 times until you decongest the port by reducing the number of trailers and containers plying that road. How do you decongest? develop other ports East of lagos like PH, calabar, Warri, Onitsha. Common sense! but will our muslim skulls agree? grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by Kdon2: 11:50am On Apr 23, 2017
greatnaija01:
there is nothing wrong with it.... THE SEA ONLY CAME OUT TO GREET PEOPLE... grin grin grin

Thank you!
Re: See The Road Leading To Nigeria's Only Functional Seaport. by Kdon2: 11:51am On Apr 23, 2017
greatnaija01:

Thank you! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check The Cheeks Of General Ojukwu And Biafra Army / APC Guber Candidate In Sokoto Is A Notorious Homosexual, Rapes Young Boys-report / Buhari Nearly Fell From Stage In Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.