Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned (1626 Views)

Ebelechukwu, Willie Obiano’s Wife And Plastic Surgery Rumours (Photos) / Ayo Fayose And Wife, Feyisetan's Throwback Photos After 29 Years Of Marriage / The Condition Of Nnamdi Kanu's House After Second Military Raid In Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by Youngadvocate(m): 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
Yes, Governor Willie Obiano is working. We can see instances of change and improvement on the foundation his predecessors had laid. This has often been somewhat tremendous and laudable. But can we say that Willie is "sincerely" working. With much allegations of substandard projects, uncompleted ones, deliberate deferment of projects and some others serious enough to provoke deep thought, can we again, "truly" say that Willie is "sincerely" working?

A very reliable source shared these pictures on his Facebook page alleging that Anambra state government under Governor Willie Obiano had recently tarred the road. Imagine how substandard the road must have been to have retunred to ruins just a month after.

The source revealed that the government had even misrepresented the location of the tarred road to be Nnewi, right behind IFEANYI UBAH GAMES VILLAGE whereas, it is actually the Ozubulu- Ukpo Road.

He wrote: "Just one week after concluding the road tarred and a soft rain fell ,ladies and Gentleman see the result of what my state did in place of working against the interest of Ndi Nnewi and specifically IFEANYI UBAH . I present to us the state of the road..."

http://igbobia.com/?q=bikonu-could-this-be-trueis-willie-sincerely-working.html

Cc: Mynd44, Lalasticlala

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by Youngadvocate(m): 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by MXrep: 6:37pm On Apr 22, 2017
Willie and substandard projects........

2 Likes

Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by NOC1(m): 6:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
chai this one na just priming the did on that road.
so bad, because of the kickback involved the contractor will not be punished.
with what i know a representative from the state ministry of works is meant to monitor such project on weekly basis until it is completed, how did he submit his weekly and monthly reports, at the start of every milestone he is meant to be present, so many questions to ask. was he not visiting the project site under his supervision?
how did state ministry of works signed of for completion?.
sick country it is well.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by sybarite7(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
LOL, E BE LIKE SAY THEM SPREAD CARPET FOR GROUND AND THE CARPET DON TEAR

3 Likes

Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
Everything about these people is fake. Even their roads grin

7 Likes

Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by softmind24: 6:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
grin
Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by dominique(f): 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
This is baaaaad!!!

2 Likes

Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by centvin008(m): 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
Why are we doing this to ourselves?

3 Likes

Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by Igboesika: 7:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
See how posters above me are exhibiting their ignorance with pride. Who doesn't know that the road was under construction before it was disrupted by the rain , that's why you can't find any stone on the ground.
Even road that was onstructed years back that is no more motorable still have some pieces of stones on it. But this one, you can only find sharp sand.

1 Like

Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by Africonji: 7:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
I am not surprised. Willie Obiano has always been a fraud with his substandard projects all over Anambra. Anambra pipo are wiser now so he will not be reelected, mark my words. This is something Peter Obi and Ngige never did.
Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
This is road recently constructed and commissioned by Gov Ambode

3 Likes

Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by GameGod(m): 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
post=55816292:
Grow up! stop diverting issues.

4 Likes

Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by Africonji: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
post=55816292:

Is that the answer of your drunkard boss to Ndi Anambra? Okwute and Ngige built lasting roads still standing till today. Willie Obiano is the worst governor of Anambra and he should forget reelection. Mark my words.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by greatgod2012(f): 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
Honestly, we don't love ourselves in this country!
Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
Africonji:

Is that the answer of your drunkard boss to Ndi Anambra? Okwute and Ngige built lasting roads still standing till today. Willie Obiano is the worst governor of Anambra and he should forget reelection. Mark my words.
Why will I mark your words when you're irrelevant in Anambra politics.

4 Likes

Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by ZombieTAMER: 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2017
xstry:
Everything about these people is fake. Even their roads grin
These people ?

3 Likes

Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by Africonji: 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
post=55817254:

Why will I mark your words when you're irrelevant in Anambra politics.

Tell Willie Obiano that he should be ready to be disgraced like no other Anambra governor at the polls. Mark my words.
Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by EKITI001: 7:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hmmm.. Ibiano career oooo !!!
Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by Chapter5ive: 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
post=55816292:

Hoebiano loyal dog, you have no shame at all. Spits

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

These people ?
Dundee United
Re: Photos: After A Month, See The Condition Of Road Gov. Willie Obiano Commissioned by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

These people ?

by Aderogba

I crave the indulgence of my readers to this week ponder on the issue of roads in  Ogun State in continuation of our review of traffic situation from the past which has majorly been on Lagos State. This is because I was in some parts of the state last weekend and discovered the suffering road users in the state were encountering.

Ogun state has four divisions according to the ethnic or regional background. It is a convergence of the people from Abeokuta environ, the Egbas, people from Ijebuode environ, the Ijebus, the people from Sagamu environ, the Remos and the people from Ota/Ilaro axis referred to as Yewa/ Aworis.

Historically, Ogun state came into being on February 3, 1976 as a result of the creation of 19 states out of the then 12 states of the federation. Before the creation, Ogun state was part of Western Region, one of the four regions of old that made Nigeria. It was later called and addressed as Western State during General Yakubu Gowon’s regime when his administration created twelve states out of the four regions and which in the political history of Nigeria today, is known as South West. Incidentally, my residence is located in one part of the state, Yewa/Awori zone. Hence, with my stay in the area, I am able to capture some of the things happening on the Egba and Yewa/Awori axis at different times (if not in Physical terms, I get first hand information from people).

The express road linking Lagos and Ogun states through Sango-Ota to Abeokuta is now in a pure mess. I have written severally on this before and now warn against the danger and menace the bad portions of the road will cause when the rainy season is in full swing.  When one is on the road, by the time the journey at the Lagos end is concluded, the journey beginning from Sango-Ota where Ogun state begins on that axis is a big headache. Unfortunately, many people who have their residences  in the interior part of Sango and ifo have their work places in Lagos Island, therefore wake up to go to work at about 4:30 a.m, to get back home between 9 and10 p.m. However, since the rain began, people leave home at about the time afore mentioned and get back home at about 12 midnight and beyond, yet, such people still have to go to work the following morning.

The situation has made many to decide to rent houses elsewhere even though landlords, from where they go to work during the week to get back home at the weekend. Before the rainy season, a lot of fatal accidents involving trailers and other vehicles causing wanton destruction of lives and properties occurred. Apart from the express roads in this area, the inner and adjoining roads from towns to towns and villages are too bad to ply. The road that links Atan via Ilogbo and Iju up to the boundary of Nigeria and Benin Republic which took its source from Iyana-Ilogbo end of Abeokuta Express Way is too horrible and terrible to ply. It must be noted that the road in question is part of the roads constructed and tarred during pre-independence Nigeria by the government of Western Region under the premiership of Chief Obafemi Awolowo. One can still see traces of the 1950s tarred road in some portions of the road. Different successive administrations since the beginning of the present political dispensation in 1999 have promised to either reconstruct or rehabilitate the road but have not.

In fact the current Senator Ibikunle Amosun’s administration gave the indication during his first term that the road is one of those on its priority list to be done during the second term. But, nothing is done up till now; the first year of the second term has gone without any mark on the road. The Ilaro/Owode road has been reported condemned by motorists. Everybody in that area has resolved to move by motorbike (okada) which is rather hazardous or do with trekking.

I was at another end of the state last weekend; the border between Lagos and Ogun state at the end of Berger Bridge on Lagos-Ibadan Express Road. There you have places like Arepo (where we have Journalists estate located), Magboro, Mowe, Ibafo, Igodo, Ofada and lots more towns and villages located in the area. I precisely went o visit a family friend residing at the Magboro/Igodo end. The place is connected from Lagos/Ibadan Express Road by a bridge before the MFM prayer city. Alas! The state of the road leading to the towns and villages in this area is alarming.

It was reliably gathered that the government of Senator Ibikunle Amosun had started construction or rehabilitation of the major roads in the area sometime in his administration, but the road has now been abandoned. Many vehicle owners have left their vehicles unused because of the incessant damage on the vehicles caused by the road. Some portions of the road look more of  swimming pools.  Reliably gathered too, the people of Alagbole, Akute, Lambe and other towns and villages are of the opinion that they have been neglected or marginalized with the spate of horrible roads they daily ply.  However, as I have not been to or heard yet from other parts not mentioned in this article, I have no idea what the state of roads there look like but by the look of it all, it should be same.

In conclusion, where is the dividend of democracy for the masses or the commoners if the roads that connect cities, towns, villages and the people living there or plying them are not good enough to link each other and to carry out economic activities? It is high time the government of Ogun state rose to the challenges posed by deplorable roads in the state

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Senate Orders Probe Of Buhari’s $1b Ogoni Land Cleanup / List Of 30 Companies That Made Nigeria To Lose N40trn In The Maritime Sector / Abuse Of Judiciary: The Only Reason Nnamdi Kanu Can Dare The Courts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.