Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

He Donated His Liver To Her, She Falls In Love With Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Donated His Liver To Her, She Falls In Love With Him (833 Views)

Jennifer Oseh: Security Man Falls In Love With Working Class Lady, She Reacts / Slay Queen Poses With Man's Car While Taking Pics, He Drives Off As She Falls / 'I dont Deserve You-Lady Celebrates Her Husband Who Donated His Liver To Her(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Donated His Liver To Her, She Falls In Love With Him by ibibiofirstlady(f): 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
When a code-enforcement officer in Frankfort, Illinois decided to donate half his liver to someone that had never met before, in order to save their life, he had no idea that person would one day become his life partner.

In March 2014, completely out of the blue, 27-years-old Heather Kruger was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer, and learned that she only had a few months left to live. Doctors told her that her only chance for survival was a liver transplant, but with so little time left, waiting for a liver from the state’s transplant list was not the best option, so they suggested finding a living donor. “They immediately told me I was going to need a transplant,” she recalls. “There was not much time to find a donor. By that time I could really feel my body shutting down.”

Her salvation came from a total stranger. Code-enforcement officer Chris Dempsey was in the lunch break room when he overheard Kruger’s cousin, Jack Dwyer, talking about her health problem and how she needed to find a donor or she would die. Dempsey had never heard about this person, let alone met her in person, but he immediately knew he wanted to help. “I spent four years in the Marine Corps and learned there never to run away from anything. So I just said to myself, ‘Hey, if I can help, I’m going to help,'” he says. So Chris just approached Dwyer and told him he wanted to get tested to see if he was a compatible donor, and it turned out that the two were a perfect match

www.palmchatnow.com
Re: He Donated His Liver To Her, She Falls In Love With Him by MrSavage: 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2017
ibibiofirstlady:
When a code-enforcement officer in Frankfort, Illinois decided to donate half his liver to someone that had never met before, in order to save their life, he had no idea that person would one day become his life partner.

In March 2014, completely out of the blue, 27-years-old Heather Kruger was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer, and learned that she only had a few months left to live. Doctors told her that her only chance for survival was a liver transplant, but with so little time left, waiting for a liver from the state’s transplant list was not the best option, so they suggested finding a living donor. “They immediately told me I was going to need a transplant,” she recalls. “There was not much time to find a donor. By that time I could really feel my body shutting down.”

Her salvation came from a total stranger. Code-enforcement officer Chris Dempsey was in the lunch break room when he overheard Kruger’s cousin, Jack Dwyer, talking about her health problem and how she needed to find a donor or she would die. Dempsey had never heard about this person, let alone met her in person, but he immediately knew he wanted to help. “I spent four years in the Marine Corps and learned there never to run away from anything. So I just said to myself, ‘Hey, if I can help, I’m going to help,'” he says. So Chris just approached Dwyer and told him he wanted to get tested to see if he was a compatible donor, and it turned out that the two were a perfect match

www.palmchatnow.com
motive of the story
Re: He Donated His Liver To Her, She Falls In Love With Him by ibibiofirstlady(f): 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
MrSavage:
motive of the story
Love can be found anywhere

1 Like

Re: He Donated His Liver To Her, She Falls In Love With Him by dingbang(m): 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
Before nko.. Why won't they not end up getting married..
Re: He Donated His Liver To Her, She Falls In Love With Him by darbeelicous(f): 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2017
what's the title of the movie?
Re: He Donated His Liver To Her, She Falls In Love With Him by MrSavage: 8:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
darbeelicous:
what's the title of the movie?
kidney spoil
Re: He Donated His Liver To Her, She Falls In Love With Him by Osas1507(m): 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
You only transplant a liver, not donate
Re: He Donated His Liver To Her, She Falls In Love With Him by darbeelicous(f): 10:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
cheesy
MrSavage:
kidney spoil

(1) (Reply)

He Fell In Love, Tried His Luck And This Happenned.. / Nigerian Lady Advises Against Having One Boyfriend › Tweet Of The Day / term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.