Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Is The Recession Truly Over - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Recession Truly Over (305 Views)

How Saraki And Friends Will Plunge Nigeria Into Its Next Recession / Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria / Deji Adeyanju Says Buhari Is Wearing N2m Shoes Despite Recession (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Recession Truly Over by petra22(f): 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
Dear Mr President,

How are you doing? I hope this open letter meets you well. I bet you have eaten today and not just any meal but an exquisite meal with an appetizer, main course and dessert. Well, I had “dry noodles” for breakfast today. Before I forget, let me remind you that I bought this pack of noodles for twice the amount I bought it early last year. I’m sure you don’t know what dry noodles is but not to worry, I will explain. Dry noodles is a type of noodles eaten without any trace of garnishing except the seasoning provided in the noodle pack. Do you know how broke you have to be to eat such a plain meal? I was going to sulk and throw the food out until I remembered the millions of Nigeria who must be filling their stomach with water right now just to reduce the impact of the hunger pangs.

You say you and your team are working tirelessly to make life better for us but how much longer do we have to endure? Quit asking us for more patience because we have completely lost faith in your government. You should not be surprised that majority of the people who voted for you in 2015 regret doing so today. What is the one single promise you made during your campaign that you have fulfilled?

Even the constant electricity we experienced during your first few months in office has more than worsened while we pay through our nose for darkness.

A lot of dailies have been reporting that the recession is over because the naira is starting to gain strength against the dollar. These are all theories and mathematical principles as far as I and millions of Nigerians are concerned.

If the recession is truly over, we want to feel the impact. We want to see the price of fuel go back to N65 per litre from the current N145 per litre or just return it to the N95 per litre you met it at. We want to see prices of food items come down. Do you know that before you became President, I could fly from Lagos to Abuja for just N15, 000 or less? Also, the current price of an economy ticket could get me a comfortable seat in business class as at 2015. We want to see the average entrepreneur have access to forex at a very affordable rate. You promised to make N1 equivalent to $1, we are still waiting for that magic sir.

Until we start to see all of these changes, Dear Mr President, I put it to you that the recession is nowhere near over.

Source: https://loudnigeria.com/2017/04/is-the-recession-truly-over/

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Tackles Kidnaping With Security Buffer Zone / Peter Obi: Security Votes Unconstitutional, Biggest Source Of Waste / Black-out For Many Kaduna Residents Due To Slow Meter Migration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.