Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? (1260 Views)

Girls Within 25-30yrs Are Evening Newspaper While Those Above 30yrs Are Old News / Am 18 And Am In Love With A 30yrs Guy / I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Ineedinfo(f): 8:41am On Apr 24, 2017
Hello nairalanders...

The assumption by most in our society that she's paying for her atrocities; for being wayward; shallow; is simply disgusting. when 're we going to stop this fallacy? Why lump people whom stories you're unaware of together and assume you know it all?

I came across a man mocking this category of ladies yesterday. Prattling on about how they rejected upcoming men while waiting for "rich" men. Were you there? Did she reject you? Even if she rejected you, so everyone else must be exactly like her?

Here's my thoughts on this- http://kareninspirational.com/2017/04/22/why-the-assumption-that-all-ladies-above-30-and-unmarried-were-shallow-and-wayward/
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by EXCUSEme2: 8:45am On Apr 24, 2017
undecided

Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by SINZ: 8:46am On Apr 24, 2017
Something definitely prompted it. I personally don't think they were the ones doing the rejecting during their prime. I think they may have been rejected a couple of times due to varying factors of which, BAD character takes the top spot.

1 Like

Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by pizzylee(m): 9:30am On Apr 24, 2017
doesn't necessarily mean dey r any of those tnz .......few may not av nt fault just time n destiny, most aw ever CNT settle for average, I mean money.... n d most insane ones r picky in dea 30's
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Ineedinfo(f): 9:42am On Apr 24, 2017
EXCUSEme2:
undecided
Lol. Why the face? You don't think the meme is right?
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Ineedinfo(f): 9:47am On Apr 24, 2017
SINZ:
Something definitely prompted it. I personally don't think they were the ones doing the rejecting during their prime. I think they may have been rejected a couple of times due to varying factors of which, BAD character takes the top spot.
You may be right- in some cases not all. A lot of women with "Bad" character are married too. Don't you agree?

1 Like

Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Sunnypa11(m): 9:50am On Apr 24, 2017
Because their puna might have suffered and the boobs might have fall like Naira grin cool cheesy smiley

Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Ineedinfo(f): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2017
pizzylee:
doesn't necessarily mean dey r any of those tnz .......few may not av nt fault just time n destiny, most aw ever CNT settle for average, I mean money.... n d most insane ones r picky in dea 30's
I quite agree with your first point but the last? Nope. So now that she's in her 30ties, she should marry whomever comes- ritualists, alcoholics, violent men and all...just to become a "mrs"? That could be risky.

I mean being too careful isn't wise but throwing caution to the winds just to tie the knots could be worse.

1 Like

Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Ineedinfo(f): 10:05am On Apr 24, 2017
grin grin cheesy
Sunnypa11:
Because their puna might have suffered and the boobs might have fall like Naira grin cool cheesy smiley
grin Funny you! Or maybe not....have you never seen a 60s Rolls-Royce still in good condition and stylish too?
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by SINZ: 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ineedinfo:
You may be right- in some cases not all. A lot of women with "Bad" character are married too. Don't you agree?

Yea you're right

1 Like

Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ineedinfo:
I quite agree with your first point but the last? Nope. So now that she's in her 30ties, she should marry whoever comes, ritualists, alcoholics, violent men and all...just to become a "mrs"? That could be risky.

I mean being too careful isn't wise but throwing caution to the winds just to tie the knots could be worse.
there are some ladies who go on dreaming about marrying davido or flavour and they believe such a union will be feasible.like linda ikeji who still day dreams about getting married to tyler perry even though perry is already married with a kid and lives in faraway america.
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Ineedinfo(f): 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
lefulefu:

there are some ladies who go on dreaming about marrying davido or flavour and they believe such a union will be feasible.like linda ikeji who still day dreams about getting married to tyler perry even though perry is already married with a kid and lives in faraway america.
Well...you 've a point. What I'm against is the generalizing. Some would be shallow of course but don't forget some married ladies 're awfully shallow as well.

1 Like

Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Doctorfitz: 4:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
If it took u 30yrs to find Mr Right and u still haven't found him, don't rush yourself u still have another 25yrs to do that.. Buh until u realise there's no Mr Right anywhere then u'd be wiser, no one is perfect in its entirety... Have you asked yourself if u might actually be the problem?

The truth is you are what you attract. Deal with it.
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Ineedinfo(f): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2017
SINZ:

Yea you're right
I'm glad we're on the same page finally.
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by SINZ: 5:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ineedinfo:
I'm glad we're on the same page finally.

You could make FP if you post the full story.
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Ineedinfo(f): 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
SINZ:

You could make FP if you post the full story.
grin

It's quite long...u know?
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by SINZ: 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ineedinfo:
grin
It's quite long...u know?
Crop it wink
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ineedinfo:
Well...you 've a point. What I'm against is the generalizing. Some would be shallow of course but don't forget some married ladies 're awfully shallow as well.
true

1 Like

Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Ineedinfo(f): 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
SINZ:

Crop it wink
cheesy Maybe some other time. This way everyone can contribute without me imposing my view on anyone.
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by SINZ: 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ineedinfo:
cheesy Maybe some other time. This way everyone can contribute with me imposing my view on anyone.

Alright barbie smiley

1 Like

Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Ineedinfo(f): 7:23pm On Apr 24, 2017
Doctorfitz:
If it took u 30yrs to find Mr Right and u still haven't found him, don't rush yourself u still have another 25yrs to do that.. Buh until u realise there's no Mr Right anywhere then u'd be wiser, no one is perfect in its entirety... Have you asked yourself if u might actually be the problem?

The truth is you are what you attract. Deal with it.
Lol. Easy man...do you know there're people who actually dread sharing their personal space with others, no matter how they like you? when a relationship gets intense, they deliberately cool it.

Are you also aware such personality exist(loners to be specific)? People afraid to commit- and 've to let someone else into their life?

The thing is once one realizes that marriage isn't a "do or die" affair. It becomes easy to ignore societal pressure and just live one's life. If it's destined to be- it will happen when you aren't even searching. But if one starts running around like a headless chicken. Of course she might achieve her dream...it could be the nightmare version due to desperation.
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by austine4real(m): 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2017
u don't mean it
orisirisi
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 24, 2017
SINZ:
Its actually not only about bad character, its actually about meeting the right person for you, if you meet the right person for you, he/she will tolerate you and love you notwithstanding, he will still go ahead and marry her.
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by SINZ: 9:23pm On Apr 24, 2017
MhizTenderly:
Its actually not only about bad character, its actually about meeting the right person for you, if you meet the right person for you, he/she will tolerate you and love you notwithstanding, he will still go ahead and marry her.

Do you know of anyone who actually desires a woman of questionable character?
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2017
SINZ:

Do you know of anyone who actually desires a woman of questionable character?
Love covers multitude of sins, a man can marry a woman with questionable, tolerable character if he genuinely loves her.
Re: Why The Assumption That All Ladies Above 30yrs Unmarried Were Shallow/ Wayward? by SINZ: 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2017
MhizTenderly:
Love covers multitude of sins, a man can marry a woman with questionable, tolerable character if he genuinely loves her.

The bolded is the keyword. smiley

Most of them are dealing with demons way older than them. It makes it sort of impossible to tolerate them.

(1) (Reply)

Wawu!!!see How A Pregnant Wife Took Revenge On Cheating Husband / Not All Long Relationships Leads To Marriage. / Is It Right To Call My Husband Like 40 Times?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.