Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Meant To Be - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (409494 Views)

Meant To Be / GIVING UP ISN'T MEANT FOR YOU / Meant To Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by Jane1234f(f): 8:34pm On May 28, 2017
austine4real:

U want me to noticed b4. Y putting mouth in what doesn't concern u?
you get mouth shall
Re: Meant To Be by Jane1234f(f): 8:36pm On May 28, 2017
HemHma:
pls don't fight ooo, aunty ada come and settle fight oo
don't worry,we won't fight
Re: Meant To Be by Dopeyomi(m): 8:43pm On May 28, 2017
HemHma:

LoL God will punish anybody that settle them...

#Adults
Re: Meant To Be by austine4real(m): 8:53pm On May 28, 2017
Jane1234f:
you get mouth shall
u get mouth like kettle
grin
Jane1234f:
you get mouth shall
u get mouth like kettle
Re: Meant To Be by austine4real(m): 8:55pm On May 28, 2017
HemHma:

who is fighting?

if I tear u hot slap u will 4get ur name

grin
HemHma:

who is fighting?

Re: Meant To Be by tbrown90(m): 8:58pm On May 28, 2017
feed me more ayam hungry pls
Re: Meant To Be by HemHma(f): 9:26pm On May 28, 2017
Jane1234f:
don't worry,we won't fight
ok ma

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by HemHma(f): 9:28pm On May 28, 2017
Dopeyomi:

#Adults
Ahhh.aunty dope, Se u dnt no that fighting is not gud ni.Let settle it nah. cry
Dopeyomi:

#Adults
Ahhh.aunty dope, Se u dnt no that fighting is not gud ni.Let settle it nah.
Re: Meant To Be by HemHma(f): 9:30pm On May 28, 2017
austine4real:

who is fighting?

grin
who is fighting?

Yeee,let me come and be going oo
Re: Meant To Be by IfyOaks(f): 10:03pm On May 28, 2017
Really enjoying deez story..nice work more grease to ur elbow
Re: Meant To Be by austine4real(m): 10:13pm On May 28, 2017
HemHma:
Yeee,let me come and be going oo
run n Neva look back
Re: Meant To Be by Dopeyomi(m): 11:59pm On May 28, 2017
HemHma:
Ahhh.aunty dope, Se u dnt no that fighting is not gud ni.Let settle it nah. cryAhhh.aunty dope, Se u dnt no that fighting is not gud ni.Let settle it nah.

Where u see aunty

Na bobo i be ooO..
Re: Meant To Be by HemHma(f): 12:25am On May 29, 2017
austine4real:

run n Neva look back
ahhh, I go look ooo,I no fit miss aunty ada story
Re: Meant To Be by HemHma(f): 12:27am On May 29, 2017
sad
Dopeyomi:

Where u see aunty

Na bobo i be ooO..
sowi sir,na mistake
Re: Meant To Be by austine4real(m): 6:52am On May 29, 2017
HemHma:

na u sabi grin
HemHma:

na u sabi
Re: Meant To Be by mercyymai(f): 7:47am On May 29, 2017
front page thingz....... update to celebrate front page sis
Re: Meant To Be by sirzee1660(m): 7:47am On May 29, 2017
marianneada:

*******Angela returned home to meet her mother and siblings watching television,...... Her mother opens her shop anytime She has the strength to do so,...... Her husband spoilt her so much when he was rich,..... She used to be a housewife before things turned sour for them,..... She was forced to open the kiosk by her family members,....her laziness has contributed to the suffering of the family,... Angela opens the shop anytime she returns from her teaching job, it's her efforts that has kept the kiosk growing,...... Her three sibling,Eric, Chinedu and Ebube are helping out the little way they can,....... Eric is in his SS2,Chinedu is in JSS 3,While Ebube the last child is in JSS1,they attend a public school because there's no money to train them in a private school,.......

Angela brought down the things she bought from Keke, the driver helped her bring down the bag of rice, groundnut oil,1 carton of tin tomatoes, 1 carton of indomie, and other foodstuffs ,... The sound of the keke that drove out caught their attention,.... They all ran out to know who the visitor is,....

"Mama come and see what sister bought oooo"Ebube screamed out of joy,.... Their mother ran outside immediately
"Angela,. You bought all these with your money.... Chaii my daughter, my God will bless you,.... "she hugged her so tight,

" Oya help your sister pack those things inside the room,be fast about it"

They carried everything inside while Angela took the chicken to the kitchen,
"Mummy, where's daddy? "
" Your father has gone for his shift,.... I know it's not yet time for him to leave, i dont know why he left so early,..... "

" Hope he ate before leaving? "

" I was sleeping when he left"
"you are always sleeping,...... Why are you not at your kiosk,.... You know this is where we get our dialy money from? "

" I wanted to rest, so i closed for the day,... Or do you want me to die before my time? "

" How can you allow daddy to go to work without eating,......You dont care about your husband,... Mama i'm not happy with your attitude towards daddy "

" I'll quickly slaughter the chicken and prepare a delicious meal for him,.... I'll take it to him later in the evening "

" You're really taking proper care of your daddy,.... Pls cook fast, we're all hungry too"she said going to open her kiosk which is infront their compound.

Angela went to the kitchen to prepare dinner for the family when she found out that there was no water in the house,.....

"Eric!!!, Chinedu!!!!! "

They ran to her
." So two grow up men like you are at home and there's no water in the house,.... What have you been doing? "

She ran inside and came out with a long cane,... She doesn't spare her younger ones anytime they misbehave,... She took up the responsibility of being an elder sister and a mother to her siblings since her mother has failed in her duties.

" Sister pls we're sorry,.... We told mummy to give us money to buy water,.... She said she doesn't have money,.... Pls it will never happen again,. "Eric pleaded

She was angry at her mother's negligence of her responsibilities,....... How can a mother be so lazy,.. She can't take proper care of her family,....
She angrily went inside and brought out money and gave to her brothers.. They rushed down the street to fetch water.

***********She was done in some hours time, she prepared rice and chicken stew,.. She packed her father's food neatly in a foodflask and headed to where her daddy walks as a security guard.

******* Daddy Joe was so happy for having a daughter like Angela, she has helped healed his wound these past years, she has sacrificed alot for his family,..... Daddy Joe was an international business man, he owned many chains of businesses,..... He was loved by all because of his generous nature,...... His friend introduced him to a new business, but unfortunately for him,..... The ship surveying their goods capsized, he lost everything,...... He even borrowed money from the bank using his house as collateral,...... The bank seized his house and cars,..... He went bank rupt in one month,..... This was how he ended up working as a security guard in one of the soap producing company in his new area,...

Angela loves her father so much, she is ready to sacrifice all she has to make her father happy,..... The bond between them is inseparable,.... Her father confides in her as a wife,..... And she doesn't disappoint in giving him listening ear.unlike his wife....

"my daughter, how did you manage to prepare such a sumptuous meal, it's been long i ate such food,...... "her father asked devouring his meal

" Daddy i've been saving since i started work,..... I collected all my savings and bought things for the house,.... "

" My daughter, God will bless you,.... He'll surely bless you with a good man to always make you happy,...... "

Her mind went to Richard,... Is he going to make her happy,....she remembered she have not switched on phone since Tope threw it inside her bag,.......

" Daddy i need to start going,...... It's getting dark, make sure you return early in the morning,.... I'll keep on praying for you "

" thank you my daughter "

She boarded a bike and went home......

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Richard couldn't stop crying at the thought of what transpired in the sitting room some hours ago,.. The sight they met in the living room was pathetic,......... It shattered his heart,........he ran to his room and locked himself after the incident............. ..he has attended to his wound and it has stopped bleeding,....... He took a warm bath and retired to his bed,........ He needed someone to talk to,.... He went on Skype,....thank God his sister was online.... The sight of his
Sister lightened him up a bit

He has been secretly chatting with his sister without the mother's knowledge,....

"" Wowwwwwwwwwww, what happened to your eyes Richie? .... You have a swollen eye"

"Yeah, the tigress hit me"

"Oooooopss, sorry about that,... Hope you locked your door"

"Sure "

" So what happened again "

He narrated to her what happened at the restaurant, and how he spoke to her,.....

"Sorry about that,.... Just remember you're the man in the house,...... Don't allow her to dictate your life to you,...... I really need to see your lover 's face,..... She must be a goddess to charm mummy' s boy,.... "

" Yeah she is, i love her so much,.... You need to see this girl,..... She's so beautiful and i love her guts,....... "

" Enough of your girlfriend abeg,..... Remember our plan,..... Act the fool and get what we want,..... "

" Yeah, i wont forget that, how's Jeff,.... And my cuties"

She brought her two lovely twins before the camera to say hello to their uncle

"Hello uncle,....... "they chorused

" My bundle of joy,...... I love you all so much,..... "

Drop of tears could be seen flowing down his chics

" Richie boy, pls dont start,.... This is not our agreement,..... I'll stop talking to you if you continue like this,....... "

" Sis, i'm sorry,.... Just that each time i remember how shattered our home is, it tears me apart,.... I cant visit my niece and nephew,...... Cant we just have a happy family?,.. Why is God punishing us through mummy,...... Why is mummy so heartless,. In the quest for power and fame,.... She's becoming powerful as the day goes by,..... I don't have a life of my own,...... My friends are all laughing at me.... "

" It's well,.... Very soon, all these will end,.. Trust me,..... Ok?, now wipe your tears,..... "

She cheered her brother up by telling him how successful her husband has become,...... They would be going to The States for vacation,.... He was so happy for his sweet sister.

They ended their chat,...... He remembered his girlfriend, he checked the time and it was 11pm.....he decided to allow her sleep,.... He would call her first in the morning.
i love this,nice and interesting story, but is not complete na pls i want to see the ending

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by mypulus: 8:40am On May 29, 2017
At first, u used second person point of view.
Angela returned home to meet her mother and siblings watching television later u switch to first person point of view as seen below.
" How dare you talk to my mother in such manners"Richie asked me in anger.
Make the necessary correction. I love ur story, keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 10:13am On May 29, 2017
For the first time in my life....this has made me shade tears...i really love this
Re: Meant To Be by Akinwale14(m): 11:04am On May 29, 2017
No update still.
Re: Meant To Be by Dopeyomi(m): 1:59pm On May 29, 2017
HemHma:
sadsowi sir,na mistake

Sorry for wah?

ure a fine girl u don't need to be sorry
Re: Meant To Be by bimberry1307(f): 2:10pm On May 29, 2017
sirzee1660:
i love this,nice and interesting story, but is not complete na pls i want to see the ending
And you have to quote the whole update?
Re: Meant To Be by jbaby265(f): 3:32pm On May 29, 2017
finally am here..
Marianne.. thank you for this wonderful piece.. sorry I did not start on time but am here now
Re: Meant To Be by pearl009(f): 3:48pm On May 29, 2017
bimberry1307:
And you have to quote the whole update?
can you imagine?
Re: Meant To Be by marianneada(f): 4:05pm On May 29, 2017
mypulus:
At first, u used second person point of view.

Angela returned home to meet her mother and siblings watching television
later u switch to first person point of view as seen below.

" How dare you talk to my mother in such manners"Richie asked me in anger.

Make the necessary correction. I love ur story, keep it up.
Yeah, i'm used to using first person point of view, when i started the story, i had little problem adjusting,.... But as i progressed i was able to adjust, thanks so much for your correction,... smiley
Re: Meant To Be by marianneada(f): 4:06pm On May 29, 2017
wadaz:
For the first time in my life....this has made me shade tears...i really love this
it wasn't intentional,.... wink
Re: Meant To Be by marianneada(f): 4:06pm On May 29, 2017
jbaby265:
finally am here..
Marianne.. thank you for this wonderful piece.. sorry I did not start on time but am here now
U're welcome dear
Re: Meant To Be by marianneada(f): 4:08pm On May 29, 2017
Akinwale14:
No update still.
my Mb finished this morning, my daughter exhausted it , i just recharged now,.. Update will drop this night,.
Re: Meant To Be by Twinkle004(f): 5:28pm On May 29, 2017
marianneada happy Birthday in arrears. Though it coming in late. I love your story. It kept me glued to my phone for the past 2 days.
Why are friends always jealous of their fellow friends success especially with the female folks?
Re: Meant To Be by Akinwale14(m): 6:06pm On May 29, 2017
marianneada:
my Mb finished this morning, my daughter exhausted it , i just recharged now,.. Update will drop this night,.
No p i'm waiting.
Re: Meant To Be by Angelina996(f): 6:45pm On May 29, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]
Marianneada, I'm glad to have stumbled on this thread today...it kept me glued to my phone since morning. Happy born day in arrears (better late than never), and kudos for this good job you are doing. Keep at it, the Lord is your muscle. But.......pls, again, pls don't be like some Nairaland writers o....leaving story/novel unfinished. I hate stumbling on such thread, let yours be different pls. More data to your phone! I'll be waiting...
Re: Meant To Be by Chifax(f): 6:49pm On May 29, 2017
Marie,I want to say a big thumbs up for the gud work ur doing.Am sori I didn't commend ur 1st story.It was soooooooo interesting.Your stories gets me glued to my phone,always checking for new updates.Also,thanks for the regular update(even though its not like b4...lol).Don't know what more to say,but just have to add that''CONTINUE THE GOOD WORK''.(*^_^*)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (52) (Reply)

When Love Speaks / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / Hidden Diamonds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.