Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Meant To Be - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (409306 Views)

Meant To Be / GIVING UP ISN'T MEANT FOR YOU / Meant To Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by Akinwale14(m): 1:46pm On May 27, 2017
No update yet,i don dey vex o
Re: Meant To Be by austine4real(m): 2:31pm On May 27, 2017
marianneada:
thanks dear

Where is my cake?

Do u reside ln Abeokuta?
Re: Meant To Be by Akinwale14(m): 2:38pm On May 27, 2017
austine4real:

Where is my cake?

Do u reside ln Abeokuta?
Cake? after almost a week of her birthday.
Re: Meant To Be by Peterkeys6(m): 4:39pm On May 27, 2017
This story got me reading all day....#Awesome

NEXTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Re: Meant To Be by Dopeyomi(m): 7:56pm On May 27, 2017
Na wa ooO..
Re: Meant To Be by austine4real(m): 9:08pm On May 27, 2017
Akinwale14:
Cake? after almost a week of her birthday.

Is it ur birthday?
Re: Meant To Be by marianneada(f): 9:33pm On May 27, 2017
CHAPTER 7

**** Richard drove Angela to a good private hospital in Asaba owned by a family friend,...... He watched her come down from the car and walked into the hospital,... He wished he could hold her,....if wishes were horses.......they walked in and settled down outside the doctor's office awaiting their turn

When it was their turn to see the doctor, they went in together,..... The doctor was surprised to see Richard walk in with a pregnant lady,...

After exchange of pleasantries, they sat down,

"Emmm, Richard i'm sorry about what happened to your mother's hotel,... . "the doctor said

He was surprised at what the doctor just said,..

" You mean, my mother's hotel? "

." Yes, the murder and the sealing "

" Ooooh that?,.. It's nothing sha,... She's working on it,.. "he pretended knowing what happened

" Pls call in the lady's husband,.. I want him to be here while i talk to her,.. "he said pointing at Angela

" Errrrrr,.... I'm the husband " Richard lied

The doctor gave him a surprising look

" Richie, so you got married without inviting me,... Am i no longer a family friend? "

" It was just a low key traditional marriage,.... I'll invite everyone to my white wedding, "he lied

" No problem,..... She'll register for ante natal care,..... Give this note to the nurse outside, she'll take you to the scanning room, where your wife would be scanned,.... I'll prescribe some drugs for her,.... The fever and the abdominal pains will stop,...... "the doctor said handing the note to him

" thank you so much doctor,... "he took Angela outside to meet the nurse,.....

, ********** They spent hours at the hospital,...... finally they were done,.. The scan result came out too,... It was revealed that she was pregnant before she was kidnapped,..... Richard remembered the last time she called him telling him there was something important he needed to know,......

"Was it about the pregnancy?,....., maybe she wanted to tell me about her pregnancy,.... I've been sleeping with her without protection,....that means that the baby is mine,.... Angela can never cheat on me,... She was inlove with me,...... "he thought to himself as he drove out of the hospital

" What are you thinking about? "Angela brought him back to reality

" Just reminiscing the good times i've spent with someone dear to my heart, "he told her smiling

" You must surely love her so much,.... "she asked him

" Sure,.... I love her so much, she means the world to me,...i cant imagine a moment without her"he responded still smiling

"So where's she?,.... Hope she wont be jealous seeing the way you take care of me"she asked innocently

"Noooo,... She understands and trusts me,..... Infact as i'm talking to you, she's smiling at me,.... "

" Hahahahahahhaa, you're funny mr Richard,... So when will i meet her? "

" soon, very soon,... She's seems close to me but very far from my reach,.... "he said

" I'm so grateful for what you did for me today,....... "she said changing the topic

" what did i do,'miss'? "

" You saved me from the embarrassment i would have faced by revealing i dont know the father of my unborn child,.... I was ashamed of myself but you saved me, I'm really grateful,.... "she said thankfully

" It's nothing,... I'm ready to stand by you,.... Just see me as a friend,... "

" Thank you so much,..... "

" I know you're famished right now,... There's somewhere in town you would love to eat,... Their food is very tasty,.... Remember the doctor advised you need to eat very well for the sake of our baby,... Oooh,.... sorry i meant your baby,..... "

They both laughed,..... He drove her to her favourite restaurant, their hideout, she loved their food so much that he takes her there almost everyday,..he hoped the memories they shared there will resurface..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mrs Johnson walked into the commisioners office fuming with anger,.....

"Mr commissioner,.. How can you nullify my contract,..... This is unfair.... "she screamed

" Mrs Johnson i'm sorry,... You were no where to be found,and the governor needed the contract to be executed quickly, we had no other choice but to give it to another serious company,... "

" You must be joking,... Didn't my secretary inform you of my ill health?,.... Dont you have human sympathy? "

" The exact reason we gave the contract to someone else "

" Do you know how much i've spent so far on this project?,.... I even borrowed from the bank,... How can you do this to me,.... Do you want to ruin me?,..... "

" Pls madam,.... You can go to the governor and tell him all that, i only carried out an instruction,..... "

She stormed out of the office and left for the governor's lodge,........

Richard and Angela walked into the restaurant smiling at each other,... They settled down in a quiet corner and called the waiter for their order,......

"Aaaahhhhh, oga Richard, longest time,..... You both are married and you didn't invite us,.... Na wa oooo"the waiter said

"We?,..... Married? "Angela asked surprisingly

" Waiter come this way,..... "he called on the waiter

" He whispered something into the Waiter's ear,... The waiter smiled and left,....

"he didn't take my orders again,.. "Angela asked Richard

" He'll bring them right away,....,"

She glared at the restaurant again and again,.....

"This place looks familiar, it seems like i've been here before, not just once,..... "she said

The waiter arrived with their order,.... He placed them on the table,... And left...

" Oh my God!!!, my favourite,.. How did you know my favorite?,.... I love this,.... "she said getting up from her seat,... She moved to Richard and hugged him,..

" Thank you so much,.... You're indeed a friend,.... I cant stop thanking you,.... "she whispered into his ear

Richard felt an electric shock inside him,... He wished the hug would just continue,.... She went back to her seat and wiped the tears from her eyes,.....

" Pls stop this,... I dont ever want to see you cry,... Remember you're pregnant,... "

They both smiled at each other

She tried to eat the fresh fish pepper soup and rice she was served,... But she couldn't,.. She ate small,.... Richard forced her to eat more,....

" So tell me,... Why do you care so much about me,.... Have we met before? ,... And if we've met before, why cant i remember you?, "she asked

Richard wasnt expecting that question from her,. He needs to add intelligence in answering her question,....

" I met you when you were in Asaba with your family, but i never had the courage to approach you,.... I was your secret admirer,.... I approached your mother and told her about the feelings i had for you,... She advised me to give you time,..... She told me later about your father's death,... When i planned on approaching you, you disappeared,.... I always checked on you to know if you were back,... She called me an told me you had returned,..... That was why i came to your house,..... You see i'm just a harmless friend,... You being pregnant wont stop me from being your friend,....."he explained to her

"And you don't feel disappointed seeing me pregnant with another man's baby? "

" not at all,...i'll support you to the end,... Even if the father of your baby emerges, i'll still stand by you,i'm now a family friend to everyone in your family not just you... "

" "Thank you so much,......may God bless you,.... "

" it's ok,..... Drink a little juice,... It's getting late,.... I need to get some things for you and the baby,.... "

She was about taking the last sip when she saw a familiar figure walking towards them,.... Richard looked up at her and saw her attention was somewhere else, he followed her gaze and saw the least person he expected to see,... Not just today, a day he planned to spend with his love,..........

TBC

4 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by Akinwale14(m): 9:46pm On May 27, 2017
austine4real:

Is it ur birthday?
Ask.com
Re: Meant To Be by prey02(f): 9:48pm On May 27, 2017
Oh goodness another suspense!!! Thank you Marianneada wink

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Rhayne(f): 9:51pm On May 27, 2017
Please no..not Richard's momma sad
Re: Meant To Be by Akinwale14(m): 10:06pm On May 27, 2017
Hope no be his stupid step mother?,Marianneada weldon and God bless u,u made my night.
Re: Meant To Be by Jane1234f(f): 10:10pm On May 27, 2017
In Nollywood movie..... ghen ghen..ghen ghen
Re: Meant To Be by Jane1234f(f): 10:11pm On May 27, 2017
austine4real:

Is it ur birthday?
Lol
Re: Meant To Be by marianneada(f): 10:20pm On May 27, 2017
Akinwale14:
Hope no be his stupid step mother?,Marianneada weldon and God bless u,u made my night.
U're welcome dear
Re: Meant To Be by marianneada(f): 10:20pm On May 27, 2017
prey02:
Oh goodness another suspense!!! Thank you Marianneada wink
U're welcome dear
Re: Meant To Be by marianneada(f): 10:23pm On May 27, 2017
austine4real:

llnp

happy birthday to u
my cake has finished oooo
Re: Meant To Be by Akinwale14(m): 10:24pm On May 27, 2017
marianneada:
U're welcome dear
Yeah
Re: Meant To Be by WHOcarex: 11:05pm On May 27, 2017
Booked
Re: Meant To Be by Adefiery05(f): 12:24am On May 28, 2017
tnx marianneada......u ae u darlin..expecting mre
Re: Meant To Be by IfyOaks(f): 8:17am On May 28, 2017
Wooow good work dear,please am expecting the next episode

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Akinwale14(m): 8:25am On May 28, 2017
Watching and Waiting
Re: Meant To Be by marianneada(f): 8:49am On May 28, 2017

Tope catwalked to their table,.... She was surprised to see Richard and Angela together,.... Angela on seeing her stood up and hugged her,...

"How're you doing Tope,.. You look fabulous "Angela greeted her

" you too,.. So what are you doing in Asaba? "she asked wondering what they came to do in Asaba

Richard just waved at her

" i wasnt feeling too good, so he brought me here to see a doctor and also register for my ante natal care,.... "

" Hmmmmm, Richard did? "

" Yes,... Infact he's more than a friend to me,.... He has really done alot for me,.... "

" eeeenheeee,.. Richard, thank you oooo "Tope said eyeing him from behind

" Richard pls meet Tope, my best friend,... "Angela introduced them

" There's no need for the introduction, i've met her before,... She's really your best friend indeed"he said giving Tope a stern look

"Can i join you guys?,... "

" I'm sorry, we were on our way out before you came,.. "Richard said calling the waiter to clear their bill,...... After clearing his bill,... He went to Angela and helped her stand,.... They walked hand in hand out of the restaurant,.... Tope followed them behind,..... Richard opened the front door for Angela and she entered,..... He entered too and ignited the car,.. Tope moved to the passenger's side to open the door only to find it locked,.... She gave Richard a sign, signaling him to open the door for,..... Richard wined down his glass,......

"I believe you came for something important before you met us,..... We don't want to bother you or disorganize your plans .. You can go back into the restaurant and continue with what you came for,... You'll see your friend some other time,..... "he told Tope

Tope looked at him angrily,...

" But,..... I... "

" So have a nice day"he said cutting her short and driving out of the premises,..... Angela was waving at Tope,... Tope was lost in her thought,.. She waved back at her and walked back into the restaurant,......

Richard stopped infront of an exotic shop, where children's wears and toys are sold,.....

"I'm so sorry for stressing you today my dear,.... I'll drive you home immediately we finish shopping,.... "Richard told Angela as they made their way into the shop

" I'm ok,... I can manage"she replied him

Richard bought a lot of things for her baby,..... It was getting late,... He cut short their shopping and promised to bring her back to complete their shopping,....

Angela was all smiles as she watched him arrange all they bought in his car,... She was thankful,... After their shopping he drove her home,..........

"Tope,.. You won't seize to amaze me,... You mean you would've abandoned your date and follow the two love birds to wherever they were going to? "her friend Kemi asked her

" What stupid date are you talking about?,.... What does that guy have to offer,..... Seems you dont know Richard Johnson,.... I almost got him, if not for that girl's return? "

" Tope!!!!!, are you referring to Angela as that girl?,... I'm surprised at your sudden change,..... Why are you doing this?,.... You used to love this girl,.... You shared all you had with her,... You were more like sisters,.. You threw away everything you shared because of a man?,....... I'm disappointed with you,..... "kemi said in annoyance

" I loved her, i did everything for her,.. This is the only man i've loved all my life,... I loved him before Angela introduced him to me,.... I did my best to get his attention but he went for Angela,... When Angela disappeared, i broke up with my boyfriend just to be with him,.... Just look at me,... Cant you see how much i love that guy,... Oh gosh!!!, he's so handsome,.... I wanted to follow them around to be sure they won't do anything stupid,... "

" You better stop dreaming,... Everyone knows how much he loves Angela,.... Have you forgotten how you never supported their relationship?,.... I thought you never liked the guy,..... "Kemi asked

" I did all that out of jealousy,... I want Richard,.... "

" You're funny,.... You're dying for a man that is expecting his baby from a girl he loves so much,..... Dont you think you're fighting a lost battle?,..... "

" Lost battle?,..... Never? "

" Tope pls stop,..... I know you cant hurt a fly,... Why are you giving devil the chance to use you,..... You should be praying for your friend and her lover to amend their relationship,.... You told me all she passed through,... Dont you think she has suffered enough?,... Cant you just leave her alone to enjoy her relationship,..... "

" Kemi, i blame myself for involving you in an issue that is not your business,.... I'm now a villain,..... You now see me as a bad girl just because i'm fighting for my man,..... "

" He was never your man and he 'll never be your man,.... "

" Dont underestimate what i'm capable of doing,..... "

" Just look at how you're sweating over a man,a man who doesn't want to see you,.... Imagine the way he jilted you infront of the Restaurant ,.... Or have you forgotten how he abandoned you outside his house, or how he nearly beat the hell out of you in the hospital,... You better think about your actions,..... "kemi advised her

" Kemi,pls i want to be left alone,... I'll talk to you later,... I need to rest"

"Take all the rest in the world,... Think about your life,.... Pray that your friend regains her memory,...... "kemi said closing the door behind her

The last statement made her smile,......

" I forgot she still doesn't remember who Richard is,.. I'll pay her a surprise visit,.but wait oooo, how did Richard manage to convince Angela to follow him to the hospital ...i'll find out. "she said to herself,

She felt relieved, at least she hasnt lost the battle yet,.....

Mrs Johnson returned late at night and refused to eat, she locked herself in the room sulking,..... The governor was in a meeting and she didnt see him,... She came back home disappointed,.... Her secretary confirmed the accountant's theft,.a lot of problem on her head... She helped herself with a glass of whisky,.... She prepared a warm bath for herself, she filled her bath tub to the brim,.... She relaxed in the warm water sipping her drink and thinking of her life,......

"Is this Nemesis or what?,..... After all i suffered to attain this position in life,.... Was i being greedy?,.... My husband provided me with all i needed in my life but i wanted to be in charge, i wanted a name for my self,....What am i going to do now,... I dont have a child of my own,Vanessa has stopped picking my calls,..... I cant just sit and watch my world crumble,...... I need to go to Accra and meet Vanessa,..... My friend in Accra will help me locate her,..... I dont even know where Angela is,........ I caused my downfall, i should 've been more careful,... Richard and his sister must pay for this,....... "she thought to herself,..... She spent hours in the bathroom before coming out,......

She wore her night wear,. Relaxed on her bed and called her friend in Accra who promised to help her find Vanessa,..... She planned to leave for Accra in few days time,..........

Richard got home tired,.... He was happy with the scan result,.... He thought of how to take care of Angela and their baby,... If only she would agree to marry him,... He wants his child to be a legitimate child,.. He was confused on what to do,.... He remembered what the doctor told him about his step mother's hotel been sealed,.... He decided to pay her a surprise visit in her office the next day,.. He called Desmond and told him about the scan result,.... He promised to visit Desmond the next day in his office,......

Richard was happy his plans are going accordingly,.. He wished everything will return to normal , he cant stand watching his girlfriend and baby suffer in the village,.......

Before he slept, he sent a text message to Angela asking her how she and the baby are doing,..... He wished she was right there with him, so that he would watch her sleep peacefully just the way he used to do.......

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meant To Be by aprilwise(m): 9:02am On May 28, 2017
ok, becarefull of ur ememies for once nd ur friends a thousands time, that what Tope to Angela. for mrs. Johnson i pray she doesn't succed. weldone for this wonderful story.
Re: Meant To Be by urchman23: 9:46am On May 28, 2017
Kudos to you,nice write up.
Re: Meant To Be by austine4real(m): 9:57am On May 28, 2017
Jane1234f:
Lol
[/color] grin[color=#000099]

Y are u trying to toast me?
Re: Meant To Be by Jane1234f(f): 11:20am On May 28, 2017
austine4real:

[/color] grin[color=#000099]

Y are u trying to toast me?
toast you? You just want me to notice you abi?I have seen you
Re: Meant To Be by Jane1234f(f): 11:21am On May 28, 2017
Marianneada,well done...fire on
Re: Meant To Be by Akinwale14(m): 12:31pm On May 28, 2017
Tope get problem o i knw her plan no go work because i trust Marianneada,girls sha make God help us "boys",Marianneada weldon jare keep it up thumbs as well.
Re: Meant To Be by queenitee(f): 1:54pm On May 28, 2017
This Tope is stupid o. Mrs Johnson, you better give up
Re: Meant To Be by austine4real(m): 5:50pm On May 28, 2017
Jane1234f:
toast you? You just want me to notice you abi?I have seen you

U want me to noticed b4. Y putting mouth in what doesn't concern u?
Re: Meant To Be by HemHma(f): 8:02pm On May 28, 2017
austine4real:

U want me to noticed b4. Y putting mouth in what doesn't concern u?
pls don't fight ooo, aunty ada come and settle fight oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (52) (Reply)

When Love Speaks / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / Hidden Diamonds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.