Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:05 PM

Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs (44726 Views)

Isiaka Adeleke Died Of Drug Overdose – Sahara Reporters / Isiaka Adeleke's Corpse Being Buried In Osun (Photos) / Osun Residents Storm Residence Of Isiaka Adeleke Who Died This Morning. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by wirelessmaster: 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nobody has commiserated with Davido on the lost of his uncle. I used this medium to send my condolence to Davido's dad, Deji Adeleke on the sudden death of his elder brother. This is an indeed a trying period for the Adeleke Family of Osun State. May God give the entire family, a great fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2017
neocortex:

People can only speculate regarding the"circumstances", but we are sure of is that he died of
drug overdose, whether it was induced, no one knows.

I strongly doubt he died of an overdose.

His symptoms seem to be those for Left Ventricular failure. The pain meds were useless.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by Adebowale89(m): 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nigeria politics, tales by moonlight

this man death is not ordinary. I really don't want to pull myself speedily to a logical inference because of emotional incident but am damn sure his death is political

this is what they called SILENT KILLING
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
Most nigerians doctors are just in for the prestige, they don't know jackshit about the medicine.

Just go to school, cram and dump just like every other nigerian graduate.

I don't blame anyone traveling out of the country for medical attention.

Its better to visit harbalist sometimes than nigerian doctors who only know how to prescribe malaria drugs.

My friend, no doctor who is worth a senator visiting can ever make an overdose mistake unless he was paid to kill the senator. So stop going around talking that incompetent bullshit of Nigerian doctors. How many times have you heard that a local chemist gave an overdose talkless of a trained clinician. Unless the overdose was deliberate or paid for, the post mortem will likely be poisoning or CVD

1 Like

Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by FunkyMetahuman: 2:56pm On Apr 25, 2017
Shayetet13:

My friend, no doctor who is worth a senator visiting can ever make an overdose mistake unless he was paid to kill the senator. So stop going around talking that incompetent bullshit of Nigerian doctors. How many times have you heard that a local chemist gave an overdose talkless of a trained clinician.
oga ade, how did you know this?
Senator visiting for small check ups like blood pressure or slight fever treatment doesn't make the doctor a superman.

How will the doctor deliberately kill with pain killer overdose when he knew autopsy will trace it back to him if he was truly hired to do so? (Isn't that stup1d?)

Init obvious he doesn't know what he is doing? He Just bought pain killer and inject the poor man like a bacon probably not minding his medical history of heart related problem because he has been giving other people same dosage and nothing happened.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by madjune(m): 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
Fact is, few Nigerian doctors can safely manage anybody with bp or heart problems.

They dont keep up with modern medicine with fewer side effects but rather keep giving you outdated medication that weakens your heart or aggravates your condition.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by stdammis(m): 3:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
When people talk like that, it makes me wonder if they have ever had a job. If you have a job, you won't be saying someone that has been practicing probably for few years doesn't know what he/she is doing. Sure people make mistakes. But stilll...
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by jonnytad(m): 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
We like romancing rubbish in this country, the Man is dead and He's even buried, why all this witchhunting?
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by eyinjuege: 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
Overdose of what pain killer did he die of.?

At least the autopsy must have shown the exact medicine from toxicology.
Was the medicine self administered, or he was given through the veins?
There should still be samples of what's left of the medicine, or did he take all at a go?

He had a leg pain.

?DVT which travelled to become a PE possibly?
Who performed the autopsy, and where was it performed?
Even when Michael Jackson died, When George Michael died, their toxicology reports didn't come out that fast.
I know most labs in Nigeria send serious toxicology samples to South Africa, so I'm wondering which lab did the toxicology of the samples.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by AreaFada2: 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
always blaming the facilities and the government never the dummies.
Most hospital death in nigeria are as a result of human errors which everyone just blame on facilities or just call it act of god and don't go further to actually investigate the actual cause of death.

You are not close to these so called doctors or lose someone very close to you to these quack cram and dump graduates that call themselves doctors, if you have, you won't even blame facilities for one minutes.

most of them don't even have human feelings which should be the main reason they wanna become doctors to begin with. just derived so much joy, walking like a million men just because they are doctors ( a prestigious job) not because they give a hoot about the job of people.

Seriously, I don't have problem with doctors generally, just nigerian doctors and nurses.

I gave three reasons among others why things including medicine are not working in Nigeria, but you chose to pick up on one only. Your right but very shallow.
Now let me tell you: a high number of young doctors abroad find out right from medical school that they are mentally or emotionally not cut out for medicine. But is too late by then. Only very few have the guts to quit. Upon completion of mandatory postgrad training, some chose to further train for research, pathology (still called morbid anatomy in 9ja speak) and other stuff that involve less patient contact. A few leave medicine altogether.

Medicine is prestigious everywhere. Maybe more in Nigeria where fewer reliable relatively decent paying jobs are to be had. Or any jobs at all.

Why do doctors get away with whatever impunity you allege they carry out in 9ja? Because the system (Nigerian society) is poor in accountability generally. Is it Nigerian politics that stands out as a beacon of responsibility or integrity? Or the police force, customs, civil service or what?

Hear this: as a teenager, I refused to study medicine in Nigeria despite family pressure. In my teenage mind, I could only associate hospitals with "bringing out a corpse from the mortuary" as was common on weekends then. Even made worse with my dad's frequent story of how his niece (actually old enough to be my mum but she used to live under my dad as a school girl) died in his arms. She was talking one minute and was dead the next. Right there in the hospital. She was a beloved "auntie" of mine. So abroad was it for me.

But I later realised that doctors work hard in 9ja. Do you know how many doctors there are to a patient in Nigeria? How much is healthcare spending per Nigerian citizen in our FG budget? How much is spent on all the teaching hospitals per year in 9ja? Meagre by all standards.

An overworked, underpaid, under-motivated, under-trained & largely demoralised staff cannot be very productive anywhere. Take that to the bank.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by FunkyMetahuman: 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
AreaFada2:

I gave three reasons among others why things including medicine are not working in Nigeria, but you chose to pick up on one only. Your right but very shallow.
Now let me tell you: a high number of young doctors abroad find out right from medical school that they are mentally or emotionally not cut out for medicine. But is too late by then. Only very few have the guts to quit. Upon completion of mandatory postgrad training, some chose to further train for research, pathology (still called morbid anatomy in 9ja speak) and other stuff that involve less patient contact. A few leave medicine altogether.

Medicine is prestigious everywhere. Maybe more in Nigeria where fewer reliable relatively decent paying jobs are to be had. Or any jobs at all.

Why do doctors get away with whatever impunity you allege they carry out in 9ja? Because the system (Nigerian society) is poor in accountability generally. Is it Nigerian politics that stands out as a beacon of responsibility or integrity? Or the police force, customs, civil service or what?

Hear this: as a teenager, I refused to study medicine in Nigeria despite family pressure. In my teenage mind, I could only associate hospitals with "bringing out a corpse from the mortuary" as was common on weekends then. Even made worse with my dad's frequent story of how his niece (actually old enough to be my mum but she used to live under my dad as a school girl) died in his arms. She was talking one minute and was dead the next. Right there in the hospital. She was a beloved "auntie" of mine. So abroad was it for me.

But I later realised that doctors work hard in 9ja. Do you know how many doctors there are to a patient in Nigeria? How much is healthcare spending per Nigerian citizen in our FG budget? How much is spent on all the teaching hospitals per year in 9ja? Meagre by all standards.

An overworked, underpaid, under-motivated, under-trained & largely demoralised staff cannot be very productive anywhere. Take that to the bank.
we are saying the same thing except you still wanna heap all the blames on the government and system instead.
While I will admit that government should do more in our health care especially in the northern part of the country but I stand by what I said that most hospital death in nigeria, especially southern part of the country is usually due to human errors by health care workers.

Those who ought not to even come close to the job are the ones doing it in nigeria and that's the problem I'm pointing out.

Like you said, they tried to force to study medicine in nigeria, and I can authoritatively tell you that 50-70% (if not 90% self) nigerian doctors are like that. They were forced or compelled by either their doctor relatives or prestige of the job and not that they really care about the people.

Medicine is not for half assed swagga ediot, its for tough hard workers who know exactly what they are doing. but that's not the case with nigeria. Every tom dick and harry wants to be a doctor.
Majority of them don't know what they are doing, they just love to be called a doctor

to the last paragraph;

Over worked? Really? Are you sure you are close to nigerian doctors?
May be you meant british doctors. grin
Plus doctors supposed to be hard worker naturally unlike nigerian doctors that will go on strike for god knows what.

Under motivated? How exactly?

Under paid? May be, (at least compared to what western doctors receive) but you do realize doctors are one of the highest paid workers in the country probably after politicians? With so many allowance and vacations.

Under trained by who? By the same doctors init?
Bad doctors trained bad student and the cycle continues. So I'm right, Yeah?

N:b: my problem is not just the doctors but health care workers generally. (The nurses are worse than the doctors)
They suck.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
oga ade, how did you know this?
Senator visiting for small check ups like blood pressure or slight fever treatment doesn't make the doctor a superman.

How will the doctor deliberately kill with pain killer overdose when he knew autopsy will trace it back to him if he was truly hired to do so? (Isn't that stup1d?)

Init obvious he doesn't know what he is doing? He Just bought pain killer and inject the poor man like a bacon probably not minding his medical history of heart related problem because he has been giving other people same dosage and nothing happened.

The issue is that port motem has not indicated overdose of any drug. It is just speculation! It is possible the doctor is being framed. You have not checked other angles of expired or adulterated drug. If he is being framed he needs not worry, we all know that a simple forensic investigation will get him out.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by onyxo76(m): 5:24pm On Apr 25, 2017
that doctor will never be stupid enough to give such a VIP an overdose of painkillers since it will be traced back to him, Biket hospital where he died is owned by a consultant physician who is a medical elder in Osun state, he has consultants working for him in different units, quacks cannot be found in such a hospital.
I still want to believe the late Adeleke suffered a cardiac arrest or there are some other things involved.If that doctor is harmed or anything happens to him, believe no doctor will attend to any politician or high profile figure should in case anything happen to them.
I personally don't like attending to all those VIP patients, their wahala dey always dey too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by FunkyMetahuman: 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2017
Shayetet13:

The issue is that port motem has not indicated overdose of any drug. It is just speculation! It is possible the doctor is being framed. You have not checked other angles of expired or adulterated drug. If he is being framed he needs not worry, we all know that a simple forensic investigation will get him out.

Post-mortem also means autopsy.

Autopsy or post-mortem shows he died from heart attack triggered by pain killer overdose, That's why the doctor was arrested.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by juman(m): 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
Fake news.

Shayetet13:

My friend, no doctor who is worth a senator visiting can ever make an overdose mistake unless he was paid to kill the senator. So stop going around talking that incompetent bullshit of Nigerian doctors. How many times have you heard that a local chemist gave an overdose talkless of a trained clinician. Unless the overdose was deliberate or paid for, the post mortem will likely be poisoning or CVD

You are right. Even chemists dont give overdose talkless of trained doctors.

The story was just to quell down his supporters anger.
He died of natural cause.

1 Like

Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by Coolgent(m): 5:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
I never for once blame OGA's for going abroad to seek medical care
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by Jman06(m): 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
I reserve my comment until the result of the post mortem is out.

But the truth is that many of these doctors lack knowledge of drugs, and their big ego would not allow them to consult a Pharmacist.That was how one doctor prescribed tramadol for my aunt to treat contraceptives-induced hypertension. If not that my brother who happened to know the drug for another use became suspicious and called me to confirm, maybe the hypertension would have gone worse b4 they realize the error.

R.I.P to the dead man.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by Origin(f): 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2017
How can you make arrests when the autopsy is not yet ready. How do you know cause of death.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by buffalowings: 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2017
Alikote:
karma at work ...when u chop money collectively as elite for education and university and u under fund it then they graduate half baked doctors this this is what you get as result ...

1 Like

Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by mytym(m): 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
neocortex:

People can only speculate regarding the "circumstances", but what we are sure of is that he died of
overdose-induced heart failure.

What you are sure of? Or What you are told...

The APC woman leader who shared the meal with the senator is also dead! And buried.
Adeleke had to switch cars on Saturday coz the one he came in with had been gased (poisoned).
Someone who is that light skinned turned dark seconds after his death.

Those who planned his death can't even show their face around Ede lest they'd be stoned. The incumbent deputy couldn't. None! The only representative of their cabinet - a commissioner designate (yet to be screened) was Mobbed! I mean that is all over the media...Even a foetus in Osun knows he was eliminated.

They needed a fall guy....Now tagged him "quack" You honestly believe a Senator of Federal republic will be attended to by a "quack"... Biket hospital is one of the best privates in the city and Adeleke was neither a poor man nor an illiterate who will allow a "quack" to handle him.

Funny "one thing we are sure of"... You Abi who are the "we"?
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by mytym(m): 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2017
onyxo76:
that doctor will never be stupid enough to give such a VIP an overdose of painkillers since it will be traced back to him, Biket hospital where he died is owned by a consultant physician who is a medical elder in Osun state, he has consultants working for him in different units, quacks cannot be found in such a hospital.
I still want to believe the late Adeleke suffered a cardiac arrest or there are some other things involved.If that doctor is harmed or anything happens to him, believe no doctor will attend to any politician or high profile figure should in case anything happen to them.
I personally don't like attending to all those VIP patients, their wahala dey always dey too much.

Thank you.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by neocortex: 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2017
mytym:

What you are sure of? Or What you are told...

The APC woman leader who shared the meal with the senator is also dead! And buried.
Adeleke had to switch cars on Saturday coz the one he came in with had been gased (poisoned).
Someone who is that light skinned turned dark seconds after his death.

Those who planned his death can't even show their face around Ede lest they'd be stoned. The incumbent deputy couldn't. None! The only representative of their cabinet - a commissioner designate (yet to be screened) was Mobbed! I mean that is all over the media...Even a foetus in Osun knows he was eliminated.

They needed a fall guy....Now tagged him "quack" You honestly believe a Senator of Federal republic will be attended to by a "quack"... Biket hospital is one of the best privates in the city and Adeleke was neither a poor man nor an illiterate who will allow a "quack" to handle him.

Funny "one thing we are sure of"... You Abi who are the "we"?

I am not your regular gullible folk, you have to provide proof for yours conjectures
or eat your words. As I said before, anyone can speculate but very few has any facts
to back it up.

APC women leader dead ? no name, no medical report ?

The APC women leader(Alhaja Kudirat Fakokunde) in Osun state is alive, hail and hearty.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by mytym(m): 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
neocortex:

I am not your regular gullible folk, you have to provide proof for yours conjectures
or eat your words. As I said before, anyone can speculate but very few has any facts
to back it up.

APC women leader dead ? no name, no medical report ?

The APC women leader(Alhaja Kudirat Fakokunde) in Osun state is alive, hail and hearty.

Thought you wouldn't request for proof since we were all told C.O.D "heart attack from drug overdose administered by a quack" and you didn't need any proof but you're so sure.

Nobody assumed you're gullible, maybe a lil naïve and you were not in Kuta on Saturday. Were you?
Also, I never said women leader of APC Osun state.

Read my entire post again.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by neocortex: 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2017
mytym:

Thought you wouldn't request for proof since we were all told C.O.D "heart attack from drug overdose administered by a quack" and you didn't need any proof but you're so sure.

Nobody assumed you're gullible, maybe a lil naïve and you were not in Kuta on Saturday. Were you?
Also, I never said women leader of APC Osun state. Read the line again.

I ask again, the woman has no name, no family, no body ?
You should be the one educating the less-informed folks that
are spreading unfounded rumours not the other way round.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by mytym(m): 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2017
neocortex:

I ask again, the woman has no name, no family, no body ?
You should be the one educating the less-informed folks that
are spreading unfounded rumours not the other way round.

Please provide the name of the Doctor and the medical technician that administered the said painkillers.

2. Adelekes vehicle was gased at Kuta on Saturday.
3. You were not there.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by neocortex: 11:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
mytym:

Please provide the name of the Doctor and the medical technician that administered the said painkillers.

As to the name of the doctor, that is public knowledge which you alluded to
in your initial conspiracy theory;
They needed a fall guy....Now tagged him "quack"
and his name add nothing to the discussion, the important thing is
that he exists and has been arrested, you could easily have googled
the name if you consider it that important.

2. Adelekes vehicle was gased at Kuta on Saturday.
3. You were not there.

With your two points above, this debate is over, passing off opinion
and hearsay as a fact only points to your unwillingness to have a
factual debate.
Making categorical statements with nothing to back it up only works
in a shouting contest not a civil discourse.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by mytym(m): 8:07am On Apr 26, 2017
neocortex:

As to the name of the doctor, that is public knowledge which you alluded to
in your initial conspiracy theory;

and his name add nothing to the discussion, the important thing is
that he exists and has been arrested, you could easily have googled
the name if you consider it that important.

With your two points above, this debate is over, passing off opinion
and hearsay as a fact only points to your unwillingness to have a
factual debate.
Making categorical statements with nothing to back it up only works
in a shouting contest not a civil discourse.

Yes Sir.
Re: Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:

Post-mortem also means autopsy.

Autopsy or post-mortem shows he died from heart attack triggered by pain killer overdose, That's why the doctor was arrested.

Funny you. Post mortem conducted by a forensic pathologist has not been released at the time of the report. Police arrested him for investigation while waiting for result of post mortem. Read the article again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB Protesters Shot & Tear Gassed As Buhari Visits South Africa. / Gunmen Kill Driver, Set Bus Ablaze In Enugu / Addresses/Centers To Buy The FG ₦40,000 50kg Bag Of Rice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.