Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome (46413 Views)

Bisi Alimi Slams Gtbank For Inviting Jay Manuel, Gay US TV Host / I Am Your King -hushpuppi Slams Nigerians After Pictured With Designers Dsquared / Richard Quest With LAWMA Workers On Lagos Streets (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Ovokoo: 10:30am On Apr 25, 2017
Popular Nigerian gay rights activist, Bisi Alimi took to instagram to vent at the behavior of Nigerians for treating CNN business reporter, Richard Quest differently despite the fact that he's Gay.

"So I heard Richard Quest is in Nigeria and as usual, my people are drooling over him. These are the same Nigerians that will not allow an openly gay person on their screen, or even give one a job. What is different about Richard Quest that makes his homosexuality harmless but my homosexuality as a Nigeria scary and threatening? Is it that my people think my homosexuality is in some way earth destroying but that is Richard comforting or as a people we just lack pure emotional intelligence to appreciate our own? My heart bleeds for Nigeria, it does make me cry for my LGBT brothers and sisters."

Source: http://ovoko.com.ng/nigerian-gay-activist-angry-nigerians-treating-ccn-reporter-richard-quest/

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Omoluabi16(m): 10:33am On Apr 25, 2017
As you dey rant, don't forget to mend your already destroyed leaking anus. Is Richard quest a nigerian? Does he plan on becoming a resident? Oloriburuku, omo ale. Inconsequential fagg*t

284 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by raydatluvs(m): 10:56am On Apr 25, 2017
Omoluabi16:
As you dey rant, don't forget to mend your already destroyed leaking anus. Is Richard quest a nigerian? Does he plan on becoming a resident? Oloriburuku, omo ale. Inconsequential fagg*t
with all due respect, this makes no sense and tends to buttress the guy's point really. So the Richard guy's anus isn't leaking too since he too is gay? Or because he is white, his being gay is understandable or less evil?

I think it's fair that if we want to condemn being gay, do so totally. Don't destroy a black one and attempt to understand a white one! angry

353 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Omoluabi16(m): 11:21am On Apr 25, 2017
raydatluvs:
with all due respect, this makes no sense and tends to buttress the guy's point really. So the Richard guy's anus isn't leaking too since he too is gay? Or because he is white, his being gay is understandable or less evil?

I think it's fair that if we want to condemn being gay, do so totally. Don't destroy a black one and attempt to understand a white one! angry
I do not understand a white or black one. Mr quest is NOT A NIGERIAN, is on an official assignment. Whatever mr quest does with his life is his business. Nigerian laws do not apply to Mr quest, so of course..we'll welcome him with open arms, so long he doesn't foist his beliefs on us. On the other hand, BISI is nigerian. and the nigerian law forbids homosexuality.

253 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by raydatluvs(m): 11:49am On Apr 25, 2017
Omoluabi16:
I do not understand a white or black one. Mr quest is NOT A NIGERIAN, is on an official assignment. Whatever mr quest does with his life is his business. Nigerian laws do not apply to Mr quest, so of course..we'll welcome him with open arms, so long he doesn't foist his beliefs on us. On the other hand, BISI is nigerian. and the nigerian law forbids homosexuality.
the Nigerian law has bearing in nigeria only and not applicable to the bisi guy also. Anyway, so it doesn't feel like I'm justifying being gay, I'm saying in essence what is good for the goose should be good for the gander

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by liftedhigh: 12:08pm On Apr 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by greatwhite(m): 12:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
Dude you have dual nationality. Stay in your adopted country if their laws fit your life style.

14 Likes

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Afam4eva(m): 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
Omoluabi16:
You seem to be the fagg*t here as the guy made a whole lot of sense and instead of countering him, you chose to go petty.

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Kobicove(m): 2:35pm On Apr 25, 2017
Richard Quest gay?! shocked

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
Kobicove:
Richard Quest gay?! shocked

Yes , he is

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2017
Well, speaking as a born again Christian who holds firmly to what the bible says about sin, I would have no problems working with, living next door to an lgbtq person.

I may regard homosexuality as a sin, but then again, I am also guilty of sins that are in some respects worse than being gay. It is why we need a Saviour in the first instance.

I will say one thing about being free from sin. If your reason for being free from sin, or for wishing someone's freedom from sin is so that you or someone else might be perceived as normal, then God won't help you at all.Freedom from sin is not for our own glory, but for God.

And if your response to a sinner is to force him to some concept of normality, rather than point him to God, then God cannot help you with that.

In relating to gays, remember that they are your neighbour.Just like any other sinner.You can do that without approving of gay behavior, or violently suppressing it.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Dalastically: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
Mumu

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Papiikush: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nigerians are so hypocritical they will lick a white man's ass with pleasure.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by loomer: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
How this one take affect me?

Many people wey welcome am no know say na gay, plus including me

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by permsec: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
Shatap Gaybriel
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by burkingx(f): 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
grin

17 Likes

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by burkingx(f): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
shocked
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by nairalandfreak(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
So quest na gay?

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by worlexy(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
Naija home of hypocrisy!

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
So Richard Quest is gay...suprise, suprise

11 Likes

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by bumi10(m): 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
well I don't even know that Richard is Gay

Anyway Bisi or Simbi or whatever u call yourself, weda we embrace Mr. Quest or not, e no concern u

He is not a Nigerian any way

but for u eh, if we see you and that your man here (cuz i know say na u be the woman) we go throw una stone ooo

u better stay there

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
Papiikush:

Nigerians are so hypocritical they will lick a white man's ass with pleasure.

I'm sorry bro but I am racist, when it comes to such.

4 Likes

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by kolafolabi(m): 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
I will only talk if Lagos State or Federal Government gave him a warm welcome. The truth is that many people taking selfies with him don't know he is a gay. In fact I am just hearing he's a gay....

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
many Nigerians don't know about his sexual orientation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by movyyzz(m): 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
Noted
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hypocrisy on its high...

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by BlackDBagba: 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
grin
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Extrazee: 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
See pain.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by SIRmanjar(m): 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
Why im be say na yorubas dey lead for gay matter for Naija?e.g derele,bobrisky and co..Now dis guy man just pop out from no where.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Tazdroid(m): 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
"...hypocrisy as a Nigeria? undecided ... I guess being based in London no dey polish him English

Anyway, some Nigerians have been consistently shown to have more faces than Tuface. Some may not even know R. Quest's sexuality.

And why the grand welcome? undecided ..smh.... Some Naija people just can't get rid of that archaic mentality

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by fistonati(m): 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
The american presence must overshadowed this guy own. YOU DESERVED TO BE FLOGGED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Parents Of Mavin Records Act D'ija (Photos) / Woman Blasts Regina Daniels, Her Mother & Ned Nwoko / Okoro Blessing Shows Her Duplex House, 8 Years After Ex-husband Threw Her Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.