Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome (46445 Views)

Bisi Alimi Slams Gtbank For Inviting Jay Manuel, Gay US TV Host / I Am Your King -hushpuppi Slams Nigerians After Pictured With Designers Dsquared / Richard Quest With LAWMA Workers On Lagos Streets (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by holyfather(m): 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
9jakohai:
Well, speaking as a born again Christian who holds firmly to what the bible says about sin, I would have no problems working with, living next door to an lgbtq person.

I may regard homosexuality as a sin, but then again, I am also guilty of sins that are in some respects worse than being gay. It is why we need a Saviour in the first instance.

I will say one thing about being free from sin. If your reason for being free from sin, or for wishing someone's freedom from sin is so that you or someone else might be perceived as normal, then God won't help you at all.Freedom from sin is not for our own glory, but for God.

And if your response to a sinner is to force him to some concept of normality, rather than point him to God, then God cannot help you with that.

In relating to gays, remember that they are your neighbour.Just like any other sinner.You can do that without approving of gay behavior, or violently suppressing it.
Well, an armed robber or even an ordinary thief is also your neighbour.
Let's take a balanced stand on this issue.
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Kakamorufu(m): 8:54pm On Apr 25, 2017
how many of those people snapping selfie with him know he's gay. even I am just finding out he's gay just now

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
holyfather:

Well, an armed robber or even an ordinary thief is also your neighbour.
Let's take a balanced stand on this issue.

As are those who commit adultery, those who look with lust at members of the opposite sex, greedy people, liars, gossips, etc.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by chiraqDemon(m): 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
Kakamorufu:
how many of those people snapping selfie with him know he's gay. even I am just finding out he's gay just now
Tru bro, even I just found out today

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 25, 2017
9jakohai:

Well., considering that I began my comment by saying that i hold to what the bible says about sin.....my beliefs on what is wrong should be very very very clear.

But then the rest of your comment can be classified as a "weak no", liberal folks like you is what makes gay (psychological defect) people think they can convince sane people that they were born that way and that God made a mistake by creating male and female. This liberality has festered stupidity, instead of strongly condemning wrong, we say "let them come as they are" and now the world is now churchly and the church is now worldly. you even had to hide under your own short comings as an excuse not to strongly condemn gays,smh

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Aburi001: 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
Omoluabi16:
I do not understand a white or black one. Mr quest is NOT A NIGERIAN, is on an official assignment. Whatever mr quest does with his life is his business. Nigerian laws do not apply to Mr quest, so of course..we'll welcome him with open arms, so long he doesn't foist his beliefs on us. On the other hand, BISI is nigerian. and the nigerian law forbids homosexuality.
Both Bisi and Richard are guilty before God as far as Bible is concerned.

We should allow God to perform his duty and don't be surprised that both of them ( Bisi and Richard Quest) could open a new leaf in the nearest future
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
engrchykae:
please stop disturbing me about one paranoid gay man.what is exactly your interest. are you one of the shameless misfits?the only group of people i can kill without remorse are gays.

I prefer a 100 000 gays to one dvmbazz like you are

4 Likes

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by holyfather(m): 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2017
9jakohai:

As are those who commit adultery, those who look with lust at members of the opposite sex, greedy people, liars, gossips, etc.
Exactly... Those who drafted the law know why certain penalties are attached to some while others are treated differently.
If an armed robber gets life imprisonment and a thief gets some years and an adulterer is allowed to go, is there no explanation for all that?
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Noblesoul123: 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
burkingx:
grin
Epic!
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by chiraqDemon(m): 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
OBIGS:
the news tire me oo. Am just knowing today and i do follow his programme
Bros me too o
Whats our next line of action now cos since this afternoon everytime i de see him face i de think gay.
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by engrchykae(m): 9:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
Mindfulness:

I prefer a 100 000 gays to one dvmbazz like you are
science taught me that like attract like.so you can see that i am not your type.now run along.
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by chiraqDemon(m): 9:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nma27:
Hypocrisy on its high...
Nope, not at all. Most nigerians just learnt that he is gay, including myself... if it was well known info, trust nigerians. U should know that nigerians do not like gays no matter who they are or what they do.
If they knew
Nigerian Tweeters would have been like, they have sent this one to push gay agenda again, it will not work.
Churches would have already planned crusades to pray against him n so on n so forth.

When next quest comes here, u should expect a different response(a negative one) from nigerians because by that time the information would have spread to every nook and cranny of the country.
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
Is Richard gay?
I thought Anderson Cooper was the gay CNN has undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by vislabraye(m): 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ovokoo:
Popular Nigerian gay rights activist, Bisi Alimi took to instagram to vent at the behavior of Nigerians for treating CNN business reporter, Richard Quest differently despite the fact that he's Gay.

"So I heard Richard Quest is in Nigeria and as usual, my people are drooling over him. These are the same Nigerians that will not allow an openly gay person on their screen, or even give one a job. What is different about Richard Quest that makes his homosexuality harmless but my homosexuality as a Nigeria scary and threatening? Is it that my people think my homosexuality is in some way earth destroying but that is Richard comforting or as a people we just lack pure emotional intelligence to appreciate our own? My heart bleeds for Nigeria, it does make me cry for my LGBT brothers and sisters."

Source: http://ovoko.com.ng/nigerian-gay-activist-angry-nigerians-treating-ccn-reporter-richard-quest/

Shattap and stop whining. Nigerians accepted him because of his celebrity status and nothing to do with gayism. Btw, the same Nigerians welcomed Mark Zuckerberg.
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

[s] 98% politicians in Nigeria are gays and bisexuals.[/s]They hurry to make laws that they can't keep.

BTW.........THUNDER GO FIRE ndi homo if them no repent.
oga. You don't go about throwing statistics like a Neanderthal. How did you know?!
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Image123(m): 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
i don't know if Quest is gay, but he certainly doesn't go about doing interviews or talking on social media about being gay or right. People know Quest and accept him for something else, not for being gay. Alimi is off the point as expected.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
beardlessdude:
oga. You don't go about throwing statistics like a Neanderthal. How did you know?!

Is that the way you talk to your father at home
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 25, 2017
DON'T U KNOW BLACKS WORSHIP WHITES..... STARTED FROM WORSHIPING OF JESUS
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by dammyagboola(m): 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
Afam4eva:

You seem to be the fagg*t here as the guy made a whole lot of sense and instead of countering him, you chose to go petty.
Yes that is what he is (omo irankiran, omo alee)You better stay where you are. Because this is Nigeria in Africa not Europe.
Your colleague QUEST that you are talking about is neither a nigeria nor coming to live in nigeria.
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 25, 2017
engrchykae:
science taught me that like attract like.so you can see that i am not your type.now run along.

Has science also taught you that CNN agents can make people be gay? grin grin
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Bobinovic: 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2017
raydatluvs:
with all due respect, this makes no sense and tends to buttress the guy's point really. So the Richard guy's anus isn't leaking too since he too is gay? Or because he is white, his being gay is understandable or less evil?

I think it's fair that if we want to condemn being gay, do so totally. Don't destroy a black one and attempt to understand a white one! angry
Mr man, Richard Quest is being welcomed not because of his sexuality but of his trade which he is very good at. The only thing I know abt Bisi is that he's gay, does that call for celebration? And for the record I just found out that R.Q is gay.
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

Is that the way you talk to your father at home

its obvious you're an idiot. The facade is clear and i can see your proclivity to stupidity clearly.

You not only accuse 98% of our lawmakers of involving in a hideous crime as homosexuality, but when asked to back up ur accusations, you start acting autistic. You definitely need a brain massage.
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by grandstar(m): 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
SIRmanjar:
Why im be say na yorubas dey lead for gay matter for Naija?e.g derele,bobrisky and co..Now dis guy man just pop out from no where.

Its actually Igbo's that lead. A gay chsp who isn't fond of Igbo's told me so.

To buttress my point, his last 2 boyfriends were Igbo's .

The problem lies with Igbo culture

Igbo's are by nature believe in individuality, being bold, daring and manly.

While others may be timid about their sexuality, an Igbo man is more likely to give in and be who he feels he is.

I don't support homosexuality but I condemn homophobia and the hypocritical self righteousness that drives it.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by jonbellion(m): 10:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
chiraqDemon:

Gbam
[b]U see that the moment being gay is taken a s a normal thing, more people will want to become gay.
[/b]I dont believe that gayness is natural, anyone born gay is like one born with a mental problem and needs to get help just like sum1 born with mental problem would.

Saying we should accept gay ppl and try to make them belong is like saying everybody should either behave mad or accept madness as a way of life to make a mad man feel comfortable.

#istandagainstfagging

I also feel nigerian govt is not doing enough to kick against it, there are laws which talk about jail terms for gays caught in naija, but day in day out i see a lot of nonsense on social media and i wonder "why are these ones still roaming free?".
Wow!
A thinking mind said this
The stupidity of the average Nigerian is rather nauseating

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
grandstar:

Its actually Igbo's that lead. A gay chsp who isn't fond of Igbo's told me so.

To buttress my point, his last 2 boyfriends were Igbo's .

The problem lies with Igbo culture

Igbo's are by nature believe in individuality, being bold, daring and manly.

While others may be timid about their sexuality, an Igbo man is more likely to give in and be who he feels he is.

I don't support homosexuality but I condemn homophobia and the hypocritical self righteousness that drives it.
mention just 1 igbo gay celeb or go to bed.

Na yorubaass sabi faqqotry.

Bisi, denrele, bobrisky even wizkid was seen in a faq club the other night, Dbanj sef that rumor has it that he's gay.

I can bet Awolowo was a faqqot too, it's in yorubas DNA mehn
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by engrchykae(m): 10:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
Mindfulness:

Has science also taught you that CNN agents can make people be gay? grin grin
yes dear. science also taught me that gays are very troublesome and love exchange of words.personal experience also taught me that gays smell awfully like rotten fish due to inflamed wall of the anus.
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by jonbellion(m): 10:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
gypsey:
all the people who are so frightening about gays perhaps they have something to hide in their closets[b], i am not bothered by any one being gay as long as they don't come near me[/b], infact the more gays there are the more women for me, means I can have as many women as i want because there are not enough straight men.

for those of you who don't know the real meaning of gay. GAY means HAPPY, as in he is gay ( happy ) . ciao! grin
simple!!
Though "come near" is not the correct phrase something more like "as long as they don't try nasty shit with me"
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by youngbelieve(f): 10:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
hey who is seeing wat am sawing grin dis bisi guy is handsome tho, too bad he's gay
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by raydatluvs(m): 11:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
Tonymario58:

Gay nigga spotted and his brethren liking gayish comment
I thought someone might go this low... Really!!
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by raydatluvs(m): 11:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
Bobinovic:

Mr man, Richard Quest is being welcomed not because of his sexuality but of his trade which he is very good at. The only thing I know abt Bisi is that he's gay, does that call for celebration? And for the record I just found out that R.Q is gay.
you think I don't know this! The guy I replied was pulling a black or white stunt for the same sin
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by raydatluvs(m): 11:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
jaxxy:

I think i need to shed light on this alittle Richard quest is being celebrated for his postive position and achievements dat we know him for. Im sure half of d people celebrating him don't even know hes gay or don't care cos hes shown himself in a very positive light and influence also.

I have against and know about bisi except hes gay and fighting for it. Thats not going to be easy here now if dats d the 1st thing people see and know about u. Thats d difference i think.
Well, I didn't know he was gay either. Or do I give a hoot about bisi, my point is not accepting the white gay and lashing the black one
Re: Richard Quest In Nigeria: Bisi Alimi Slams Nigerians Over His Heroic Welcome by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
beardlessdude:
its obvious you're an idiot. The facade is clear and i can see your proclivity to stupidity clearly.

You not only accuse 98% of our lawmakers of involving in a hideous crime as homosexuality, but when asked to back up ur accusations, you start acting autistic. You definitely need a brain massage.

I'm sorry for addressing you in such a manner. I only asked a simple question but you just displayed your ignorance. Your mum must be in trouble for having a son that rants like a bitch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yvonne Nelson Is Pregnant! Small Marriage Already Done / Pictures From The Burial Of Comedienne, Mmesoma Mercy Nnadi (Ada Jesus) / #BBNaija: Nina Slams Miracle After He Denied Telling Her Alex And Tobi Had Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.