Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Bride To Be - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bride To Be (19062 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio / The Child Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bride To Be by mhizgap(f): 10:29pm On May 30, 2017
She slid her arms up his shoulders and brought her mouth to his. He welcomed her kiss, which was slow and deep. Hot excitement poured into her blood. Soon the kiss was no longer slow, but hungry, needy.
Gift felt Jason’s chest lift with a shuddering intake of breath.
“I want to make love,” she said against his lips.

Jason went still. His hand, which was sliding up her thigh, stopped at her hip.
“You’re sure?”
It was the first time she’d ever made the request, the first time she’d ever initiated their lovemaking.
“Yes.”
Lightning briefly brightened the room, shadows frolicked and danced against the walls, followed by the roar of thunder. The bedroom vibrated with sound.
Jason, ever-sensitive to her moods, paused, but she refused to allow any hesitation. She drew his mouth down to hers and they kissed, until Gift whole body seemed to throb with excitement.

Gently Jason removed her nightgown, pulling it over her head. He’d awakened her to an entire world of sensual pleasure in the months since their marriage, a world she wanted to explore now.
He hungrily covered her mouth with his own and her head spun, her nails digging into his back. Abruptly she broke off the kiss, her shoulders heaving. “Jason, please…I want you.”
He didn’t need any further encouragement….
“Okay, so far?” he asked sometime later.

“Oh, yes,” she whispered, smiling her assurance. The pleasure was so keen it was almost beyond bearing.
Lightning flashed and thunder rolled, punctuating their lovemaking. “Jason…oh, Jase,” she cried out, her voice a trembling wail of pleasure as her senses caught fire, exploding into a mindless madness. Her body shuddered as she gave herself to the storm, to her husband, to the night.
Afterward, when he, too, had reached completion, they were both panting. Jason gathered her in his arms, and they were silent, words between them unnecessary.

Eventually their breathing steadied.
“I still have trouble believing how good this is,” Gift whispered. “Making love, I mean.”
Jason kissed the crown of her head. “It always has been.”
“Not in the beginning.”
“It was,” he said. “Because you let me try to prove how much I love you.”

Gift was quiet for a moment as she absorbed his words. Their first attempts at making love, on their honeymoon, had left her frustrated and in tears. She was convinced Jason had made a terrible mistake in marrying her. He wouldn’t allow her to criticize herself, though. His patience astonished her and gave her the courage to keep trying.
She’d struggled with her inadequacies, silently condemning herself, but on the seventh night of their stay, they’d broken through the restraints and made beautiful, intoxicating love. Gift had wanted everything to be magically different from then on, but that would have been unrealistic. Her fears were unpredictable and continued to be for weeks. But now, four months after their wedding, loving Jason was the most incredible experience of her life.
Tears slipped down Gift cheeks as she recalled the first weeks of their marriage—his gentleness, his unwillingness to give up, his love.
“You’re crying,” he whispered, his lips against her hair.
“You’re not supposed to notice.”
“But I have. Are you going to tell me why?”
Emotion clogged her throat as she struggled to hold back the tears. “In a minute.”

Jason’s brow creased with a thoughtful frown. “Is it something that came from your meeting with Bill?”
Bill was her counselor; she saw him twice a week. She shook her head. “You promise you won’t laugh?”
“I’ll try.”
“I’m crying because I’m so happy.”
“Happy,” Jason repeated slowly. “But if you cry when you’re happy, what do you do when you’re sad?”
“Cry,” she returned with irrefutable logic. “Now aren’t you going to ask me why I’m so happy?”
“I don’t need to. It’s obvious.”
“It is?”
“Of course. You’re married to me.”
Gift laughed at his mock arrogance. “Carrie cried, too.”
“Carrie’s that happy?”
“It’s the reason she’s spending the night with a friend. I wanted the evening alone with you.”
Jason snickered. “If that’s the case, why’d you go to bed at six-thirty?”
“I didn’t plan that,” she murmured, “but I think it’s going to be pretty much the norm for the next few months. I couldn’t seem to get enough sleep when I was pregnant with Carrie, either.”

“Cute, Gift, very cute. You couldn’t possibly be—” He stopped cold, his eyes widening.
“It’s true,” she said, pressing her head to his chest. She smiled as the erratic beat of his heart sounded in her ear.
“How far…?”
“A month.”
He shook his head as though in a trance.

“It was inevitable, you know,” she told him, happiness spilling from her heart. “How could I not be pregnant? We’ve been making love for months. And we decided not to use birth control for this very reason.”
“Yes, but…”
“When the lovemaking’s this good, doesn’t it make sense that the result will be equally beautiful?”
Jason kissed her again, his mouth worshipping hers. “I love you so much.”

Gift sighed and closed her eyes, utterly content. She’d conquered her fears, begun to heal her pain. She’d survived the memories and triumphed over her past.
The future stretched before her, filled with bright promise. She wasn’t going to miss a single moment.

1 Like

Re: Bride To Be by mhizgap(f): 10:37pm On May 30, 2017
Hello am done typing this and I rest my hands

Actually am saying again and again that this piece belongs to Debbie Macomber one of my favorite Author.

I probably made a mistake at the beginning by not making use her name while creating the topic. Am a new bea here on NL so didn't understand the rules yet.

I dedicate all to Her Debbie

I dont do copy and paste I actually typed word for word.

Hope you all enjoyed the story line?

1 Like

Re: Bride To Be by mhizgap(f): 10:40pm On May 30, 2017
genius43:

If you are not plagiarising, are you not commiting copyright infringement?
Miss High IQ

Thanks man

No need to exchange words.

You can call the on authorities now.
Re: Bride To Be by EbonyQueen001(f): 12:38am On May 31, 2017
Beautiful story.
I noticed the name change, but I chose to be quiet till I get to a logical conclusion on that. Yes, you should have included the author's name at the beginning in case some of her ardent fans stumble upon it, but then, you did good by pointing it out later on that the work is not yours.
That said, no need beating her over it. When correcting someone, our tone should not be so harsh as if we had a previous issue with the person. Social media should not be an avenue to lash out anyhow, however bad we feel someone may have behaved. Correct in love and Connect for future friendship.

Peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride To Be by genius43(m): 6:48am On May 31, 2017
EbonyQueen001:
Beautiful story.
I noticed the name change, but I chose to be quiet till I get to a logical conclusion on that. Yes, you should have included the author's name at the beginning in case some of her ardent fans stumble upon it, but then, you did good by pointing it out later on that the work is not yours.
That said, no need beating her over it. When correcting someone, our tone should not be so harsh as if we had a previous issue with the person. Social media should not be an avenue to lash out anyhow, however bad we feel someone may have behaved. Correct in love and Connect for future friendship.

Peace.

Objectively stated. Peace wink

1 Like

Re: Bride To Be by Precious111(f): 10:41am On May 31, 2017
Welldone
Re: Bride To Be by EvaJael(f): 10:41am On May 31, 2017
Wow! I must say it's a nice piece. Thanks for posting ot here for us to read
Re: Bride To Be by mhizgap(f): 3:57pm On May 31, 2017
EvaJael:
Wow! I must say it's a nice piece. Thanks for posting ot here for us to read

You're welcome.

How is your health ?
Re: Bride To Be by nkemdave(m): 5:41pm On May 31, 2017
mhizgap:
Hello, Marking of names start if you are here kindly reply present.

Adeyife

splendidiva

nkemdave

Bollie29

iohnfa466 , Johnfa466

alamiendagash

hadampson

wisolzy

Blissfuljeff

Jasmine2013

Kingphilip

Toyin223

Evageal

precious111

bummybummy

shakyroh320

Ebonyqueen001

To those that wasn't mentioned and the ghost readers you're all welcome.

I have updated o Aunty Evageal before you crucify me.

Enjoy!!

I heard my name from afar.
This must be the voice of Mhizgap.......................... says to myself *she has a melodious voice*
Runs to the thread and sit in the front sit grin
Re: Bride To Be by mhizgap(f): 6:11pm On May 31, 2017
nkemdave:

I heard my name from afar.
This must be the voice of Mhizgap.......................... says to myself *she has a melodious voice*
Runs to the thread and sit in the front sit grin

lol... funny dude. welcome Nkem

1 Like

Re: Bride To Be by Adeyife(m): 7:34pm On May 31, 2017
Nice write up.... Kip it rolling
Re: Bride To Be by Hadampson(m): 9:30pm On May 31, 2017
mhizgap:
Hello, Marking of names start if you are here kindly reply present.

Adeyife

splendidiva

nkemdave

Bollie29

iohnfa466 , Johnfa466

alamiendagash

hadampson

wisolzy

Blissfuljeff

Jasmine2013

Kingphilip

Toyin223

Evageal

precious111

bummybummy

shakyroh320

Ebonyqueen001

To those that wasn't mentioned and the ghost readers you're all welcome.

I have updated o Aunty Evageal before you crucify me.

Enjoy!!

Present Ma'am
Re: Bride To Be by WHOcarex: 11:14pm On May 31, 2017
I'll check it out
Re: Bride To Be by LauretteB: 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
Erhm..

#clears throat# grin

I wanna express my profound gratitude to the poster of this story. Honestly, I got a lot of lessons from it, not just reading for the fun of it. God bless you richly with everything you desire smiley

You could actually start to write your own stories, you know... Judging from how explicit you posted this wink
Re: Bride To Be by mhizgap(f): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2017
LauretteB:
Erhm..

#clears throat# grin

I wanna express my profound gratitude to the poster of this story. Honestly, I got a lot of lessons from it, not just reading for the fun of it. God bless you richly with everything you desire smiley

You could actually start to write your own stories, you know... Judging from how explicit you posted this wink

Amen bro, thanks
Re: Bride To Be by BlissfulJeff(m): 9:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
nice update
Re: Bride To Be by nkemdave(m): 11:27am On Jun 07, 2017
Dear Mhizgap,

I just want to express my profound gratitude for this wonderfulistical and metroexlovical piece of art. *breathing heavily after speaking this grammar* grin grin

Please, dont ask me the meaning oohhh, because I have forgotten it cheesy cheesy

Learnt alot.

Cheers and God bless.
Re: Bride To Be by theSpark(m): 2:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
jasmine2013:
You're doing a great job. Well done!
When are you writing a story?
Re: Bride To Be by jasmine2013(f): 6:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
theSpark:
When are you writing a story?
Someday!
Re: Bride To Be by mhizgap(f): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
nkemdave:
Dear Mhizgap,

I just want to express my profound gratitude for this wonderfulistical and metroexlovical piece of art. *breathing heavily after speaking this grammar* grin grin

Please, dont ask me the meaning oohhh, because I have forgotten it cheesy cheesy

Learnt alot.

Cheers and God bless.

I won't bother asking.

Glad you like it.

And Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bride To Be by BlissfulJeff(m): 7:52pm On Jun 16, 2017
more update pls
Re: Bride To Be by abskidodawinner(m): 5:53am On Sep 08, 2017
Great story

Re: Bride To Be by Lildiamond: 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
Lovely story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Killer Leggings / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.