Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,364 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) (50845 Views)

Igbos Are From The Lineage Of Obatala- Ooni Of Ife(video) / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Biography, Age, Ooni Of Ife Prophetess Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Olu317(m): 2:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Bro, this your assumption is flawed
So, today is your birthday!. Happy birthday bro. Long life, fulfilled dream and established sound health is yours by the grace of God.

Enjoy your day.

Cheers
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by tosyne2much(m): 2:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
Olu317:
Assumption isn't what I postulated because I made reference to certain things OONI OGUNWUSI did in London, which need adjustment and remain as fact. Irrespective of the flaw that you see, which is POSSIBLE, with due respect to your opinion. Whether it is an assumption or a reality the reason for this issue will soon come out in one way or the other to public domain. And when it did come out, kindly do me a favour of informing my school of thought on the reason. My reason for this is because I am a humble Learner.
Now I know better bro.. I didn't even know you were the one I quoted cheesy
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Olu317(m): 2:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
seunoni34:
hmmn, let's watch and see how things unfold
with calmness, we will see the truth behind such action against OONI.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by salford: 2:55pm On Apr 26, 2017
Antoeni:
He is a made by TINUBU Oba , and a Police man for dat matter ,what do u expect, he should be punished by d council of real KINGs
LOL. they were both made by Tinubu.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Olu317(m): 2:56pm On Apr 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Now I know better bro.. I didn't even know you were the one I quoted cheesy
No qualms BIRTHDAY CHAP.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by tosyne2much(m): 3:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
Olu317:
So, today is your birthday!. Happy birthday bro. Long life, fulfilled dream and established sound health is yours by the grace of God.

Enjoy your day.

Cheers
Thanks for the wishes brother mi
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Olu317(m): 3:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Thanks for the wishes brother mi
Always man!
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by akigbemaru: 3:31pm On Apr 26, 2017
facebookceo:
A video in which the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu refused to shake the hands of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II has emerged and currently trending on social media.

The video shows the Ooni walking in and exchanging pleasantries, when it was time to greet the Oba of Lagos who was putting on a dark sun glass, he was snubbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV42xFPy6lw

Watch Video here: http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2017/04/kings-war-oba-lagos-refuses-shake-hands-ooni-ife/
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Syogbe(m): 3:45pm On Apr 26, 2017
This is not the avenue to insult an Oba from people who are congenially disrespectful, iconoclastic and acephalous. Traditionally, a king should not hug or shake hands. Ooni should have sat down gently.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Cityguy: 3:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
seunoni34:
Utterly disrespectful! That is what you get when you make a tout an oba. Ooni has more class than him. The shame and ridicule is on him now not the Ooni. He is just jealous!
Very true and I'm not really surprised. Whether retired or active, the thing no dey finish for police dem body. Classless.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by sunnyeinstein(m): 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
Olu317:
Trade caution my dear, because, no one know the reason OBA OF LAGOS did such although there is no smoke without fire. It can't be ordinary for the OBA OF LAGOS to have been bittered in his HEART. I am tempted to believe, ILE IFE CRISIS could be one of the reason, if a Yoruba king was arrested at ILE IFE by DSS for not directly involved in a fight between YORUBAS and HAUSAS . Ooni's voice is too diplomatic over this issue. OONI isn't outspoken as he ought to be. No Emir or any Islamic leader as such can be arrested for crime committed in his jurisdiction without him being participant. It is totally despicable that it is happening in a era of a man, Yoruba massively voted in as President. And up till now, no known Fulani herdsmen marceneries have been arrested or jailed as need be. It seem OONI OGUNWUSI doesn't know his role as SUPREME KING OF YORUBA. Perhaps, OBA of LAGOS isn't happy about his role in the issue at ILE IFE. It baffles me to see or bring out any sane reason, OBA OF LAGOS, will do such a thing without any concrete reason. OOni need set up and be more proactive to his calling. So, was the other time, OONI went to LONDON to collect tithe or offering in a church. This is totally out of BOUND for him. OONI can bow to GOD but collection of offering or tithe doesn't MEAN OONI IS HUMBLE. Infact ,money is the root of all Evil. However, it may be another issue but I truly don't expect such attitude from OBA OF LAGOS is outrightly unacceptable in YORUBA LAND irrespective of OONI's action in recent times.

I like d ile ife crisis angle u put to it, dint think dat sef. Ultimately, me think oba akiolu is jus saying d mind of other obas. Oba ogunwusi is not acting like an ooni, rather like a spoilt bratho got an official excuse to do as he pleases, belittling the obaship in d process. And yorubas say "oun to de ba ara ile, on bor wa ta ba ara oko" meaning his actions would make obaship become more meaningless sooner than they imagine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by sunnyeinstein(m): 4:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
Syogbe:
This is not the avenue to insult an Oba from people who are congenially disrespectful, iconoclastic and acephalous. Traditionally, a king should not hug or shake hands. Ooni should have sat down gently.

There are secret ways real obas greet themselves, not mere handshakes like gentlemen, real hand grabbings like d ogboni style. It still goes to show dat there's nothing traditional abt dis yahooyahoo king.

Plus, pple r tryn to make a mole out of an anthill here. What will they now say about the olubadan and alaafin's never-ending squabbles? Or d alake and awujale supremacy battles? These are example of kings that dont see eye-to-eye!
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by hadura29(m): 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2017
Deeypeey:
...well,m sorry to say...buh even the current Ooni is not bn "Ooni-ish" enuf jae...fr the records....he dares not try it with the Late Oba Sijuwade.
Happy Birthday to me..show me sum love guys... thanks, love y'all!!

If you know how much I miss that man een, He is a Don on his own, Mafia, soft spoken but principled... my great Uncle.. Akiolu knows what he is doing, spiritually dem go run him matter..
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Funky123(f): 6:45pm On Apr 26, 2017
Famocious:
Oba of Lagos just ridiculed himself and everything he stands for ...jealousy baba

He must definitely be a sore loser, he couldn't even hide his volatile emotion.. Shior, agbaya undecided

Oni for don tear am dirty slap self make that ugly shades fling away
smiles, u gat no chill at all
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by jagbajantus: 3:49am On Apr 27, 2017
Is this the same guy who threatened to "kick" innocent Ibo residents out of Lagos but then when Fulani people were doing all their attacking and making all kinds of threats and noise in Lagos, he just acted like the coward that he really was - just like a tamed "ologbo" or a scared pussy cat.

Oba of Lagos ko. Oba of Isaleeko ni. They should just call him Oba of Sogal (as in Lagos spelled backwards). He should be ashamed of himself. The man should be demoted to a 3rd rank ordinary chief. Yeye bush man. E no get class. No manners at all.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by OlaoChi: 8:53am On Apr 27, 2017
rigarmortis:

are you insane?..........go and tell your father to shut up

Obviously you and probably your father too are insane
It definitely takes insanity to conjure the stupidity you posted

If you still have not realised that Oyo empire is dead then insanity is just your case
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by rigarmortis: 10:23am On Apr 27, 2017
OlaoChi:

Obviously you and probably your father too are insane
It definitely takes insanity to conjure the stupidity you posted

If you still have not realised that Oyo empire is dead then insanity is just your case

you must have landed on your head the day you were expelled from your mothers fetid cvnt.

all empires in west africa were conquered by the Europeans, bringing about their end, who is arguing that?

i said in yoruba land, the Great Alaafin is the real emperor while the Ooni is like a spiritual head, if you dont understand then go and ask your uncles in the village.

ode oshi
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Myself2(m): 5:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
Famocious:
Oba of Lagos just ridiculed himself and everything he stands for ...jealousy baba

He must definitely be a sore loser, he couldn't even hide his volatile emotion.. Shior, agbaya undecided

Oni for don tear am dirty slap self make that ugly shades fling away

Mr Rilwan Akiolu makes me wonder why they address the traditional ruler of Lagos Island as Oba of Lagos.Baale of Lagos Island would be more appropriate and even that post ought not to be occupied by such a little minded dimwit like Rilwan Akiolu.I ain't Yoruba but I have maximum respect for our traditional institutions and the Ooni is among the top 4 leading traditional rulers in Nigeria and culturally,he is the leader of the Yoruba race, so if Akiolu should be ashamed of himself for acting like a little girl whose candy was taken away from her.He should be put in his place.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by OlaoChi: 2:35am On Apr 28, 2017
rigarmortis:

you must have landed on your head the day you were expelled from your mothers fetid cvnt.

all empires in west africa were conquered by the Europeans, bringing about their end, who is arguing that?

i said in yoruba land, the Great Alaafin is the real emperor while the Ooni is like a spiritual head, if you dont understand then go and ask your uncles in the village.

ode oshi

Foolish child of a useless woman. If your dunce of a mother hadn't brought you up you might have turned out better

A dead empire doesn't have an emperor, therefore no matter what historical martial might of Oyo's history it's king is no emperor anymore.. simple thing that my 10 year old cousin understands

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Olu317(m): 7:24am On Apr 28, 2017
sunnyeinstein:

I like d ile ife crisis angle u put to it, dint think dat sef. Ultimately, me think oba akiolu is jus saying d mind of other obas. Oba ogunwusi is not acting like an ooni, rather like a spoilt bratho got an official excuse to do as he pleases, belittling the obaship in d process. And yorubas say "oun to de ba ara ile, on bor wa ta ba ara oko" meaning his actions would make obaship become more meaningless sooner than they imagine.
Honestly, I don't see any reason, Ooni Ogunwusi would like traveling as such while the land we called SPIRITUAL HOME is having one of relevant son in DETENTION . Truthfully,nothing happens physically without it to had happened in the SPIRITUAL WORLD. Whatever, was the reason, that made OBA AKIOLU did such wrong thing, must increase the potency OONI and to SEE HIMSELF as the most Supreme king and the only pride of the people called YORUBA ethnicity, that sees ILE IFE as our pride. The issue on the last fracas between Hausas and Yoruba which led to a relevant king to be arrested and the head of Yoruba land, see it as following due process, without considering the implication ,when a king can never be directly involved in mayhem, yet he was arrested. What is the role of OONI in all these? It hurt me the most if you don't know because, Ooni OGUNWUSI represent my father's Lineage as well many other children of Odua and yet Ooni refused to play the Warrior King's, even in a Modern Way. The insult on Ooni's cannot happen in the OLDEN DAYS because, he will be well placed after consultation from IFA to know if he ought go out on that PARTICULAR DAY or not. BUT here we are in a modern day ,seeing the Son of ALAAGBA, disrespecting the throne of Of Adimula. Isn't it foolhardy? Although there is no smoke without fire considering this sensitive matter. All things being equal, irrespective of my bitterness, I admire OONI's position when he said, he still has regard for OBA EKO, despite, the anomaly. However, if Yoruba can't put their house in order, how will the Yorubas in diaspora and other tourists see this and be comfortable to visit during Yoruba festivals? Almighty God will heal Yoruba land.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by rigarmortis: 8:47am On Apr 28, 2017
OlaoChi:

Foolish child of a useless woman. If your dunce of a mother hadn't brought you up you might have turned out better

A dead empire doesn't have an emperor, therefore no matter what historical martial might of Oyo's history it's king is no emperor anymore.. simple thing that my 10 year old cousin understands

your father just wasted his life savings educating an imbec1le. educating you is like trying to soak stones in water.

the whole point about monarchies now is historical since their power is no longer absolute.

when some villages in delta and edo pay homage to the oba of benin and seek consent before appointing chiefs, its not because he has the power to raise an army and sack them if they dont, like he would have done before, its because of the historical relevance.

now listen you stewpeed b1tch, the Ooni is like the ruler in Nri kingdom in anambra and parts of delta, its a spiritual head stuff, they didnt conquer territories like the attah-igala, oba of benin, or THE GREAT AALAFIN, IKU BABA YEYE OF OLD OYO AND PARTS OF KWARAFARA.

i refer to those old times, and reiterate, that if any crown deserves that title of emperor in k'aro o'ji re, it is the seat of the Aalafin, IKU BABA YEYE.

LONG LIVE THE OYO KINGDOM. eni se bi oyo la n ri, oyo o se bi baba enikan.........including your drunk father.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Olu317(m): 9:26am On Apr 28, 2017
rigarmortis:

your father just wasted his life savings educating an imbec1le. educating you is like trying to soak stones in water.

the whole point about monarchies now is historical since their power is no longer absolute.

when some villages in delta and edo pay homage to the oba of benin and seek consent before appointing chiefs, its not because he has the power to raise an army and sack them if they dont, like he would have done before, its because of the historical relevance.

now listen you stewpeed b1tch, the Ooni is like the ruler in Nri kingdom in anambra and parts of delta, its a spiritual head stuff, they didnt conquer territories like the attah-igala, oba of benin, or THE GREAT AALAFIN, IKU BABA YEYE OF OLD OYO AND PARTS OF KWARAFARA.

i refer to those old times, and reiterate, that if any crown deserves that title of emperor in k'aro o'ji re, it is the seat of the Aalafin, IKU BABA YEYE.

LONG LIVE THE OYO KINGDOM. eni se bi oyo la n ri, oyo o se bi baba enikan.........including your drunk father.
I have watched and read about your condemnation. But you know, what? You are not CORRECT ABOUT OONI'S HISTORY. ALTHOUGH, TRUTHFULLY, OYO WAS THE more advanced around 15th century. BUT ODUA SONS GOT SWORD AT ILE IFE AND ONLY SON COULD RULE AND DID RULE INCLUDING THE FOUNDER OF OYO EMPIRE, WHOSE REAL NAME WAS ODÈDÈ

So, no need for this bantering online if you as you claimed to be A YORUBA SON

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Kaymaxine(m): 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2017
i fink d issue is ooni's age.
he disregarded him cause he blivd dt ooni is small boy wif a powerful title.
he dare nt to av tried that shit wif oba sijuade(wen he alive),soun of ogbomosoland,alaafin(iku baba yeye)...na thunder go tear dt venue to pieces.
i trust dos obas,dey wudnt av left dier seat to greet him in d first place...yeye dey smell.
and for the foolish idiotic fool tryn to defend his actions,d video said it all...see d countenance dt he greeted d ooni wif sef.
dts how i wuld greet someone am keepn malice with.
oba of lagos,governor of lagos...

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by OlaoChi: 9:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
rigarmortis:

your entire lineage is filled with madness, the deranged waste of space you have for a father didn't teach you anything meaningful in his entire wasted life of multiple disappointments

Yoruba language doesn't even have a word for "emperor " neither does the idea of an "empire " exist culturally speaking. It is simply by using western ideas people call Oyo or Bini empires.
These are simply by Yoruba culture "ilu nla" great kingdom. And Ife is an "Ilu nla" itself, ibadan is "ilu nla".

Oyo was great due to military power which it has lost

Oyo is no more an ilu-nla, Oyo town is as economically and infact culturally insignificant as Ede. Ogbomoso is today greater than Oyo town talk less of Ile-ife

Yoruba tradition is not by military power, if it was Alaafin should be bowing to the Olowu of Owu, because Oyo-ile was once under Owu before shango saved your asses.

Oponu oshi

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Olu317(m): 7:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
Kaymaxine:
i fink d issue is ooni's age.
he disregarded him cause he blivd dt ooni is small boy wif a powerful title.
he dare nt to av tried that shit wif oba sijuade(wen he alive),soun of ogbomosoland,alaafin(iku baba yeye)...na thunder go tear dt venue to pieces.
i trust dos obas,dey wudnt av left dier seat to greet him in d first place...yeye dey smell.
and for the foolish idiotic fool tryn to defend his actions,d video said it all...see d countenance dt he greeted d ooni wif sef.
dts how i wuld greet someone am keepn malice with.
oba of lagos,governor of lagos...
To be honest with you on my opinion, something isn't right. In fact, some of the older king today mounted on the throne even younger than the age of the current OONI. The Alaafin of this world , Awujale of this world to mention a few, were younger in age when they were chosen as kings . So, I don't see the age issue because ONCE OONI is enthroned, he becomes the oldest KING, IRRESPECTIVE OF HIS AGE. The person seated on the throne has become the MOST DREADED AND ALL SUPREME KING. There was a reason, OBA AKIOLU DID WHAT HE DID. What conspiracy that was involved or motive, backfired on OBA OF LAGOS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by rigarmortis: 9:46am On May 02, 2017
OlaoChi:

your entire lineage is filled with madness, the deranged waste of space you have for a father didn't teach you anything meaningful in his entire wasted life of multiple disappointments

Yoruba language doesn't even have a word for "emperor " neither does the idea of an "empire " exist culturally speaking. It is simply by using western ideas people call Oyo or Bini empires.
These are simply by Yoruba culture "ilu nla" great kingdom. And Ife is an "Ilu nla" itself, ibadan is "ilu nla".

Oyo was great due to military power which it has lost

Oyo is no more an ilu-nla, Oyo town is as economically and infact culturally insignificant as Ede. Ogbomoso is today greater than Oyo town talk less of Ile-ife

Yoruba tradition is not by military power, if it was Alaafin should be bowing to the Olowu of Owu, because Oyo-ile was once under Owu before shango saved your asses.

Oponu oshi

you are a complete dunce, that there is no yoruba word for emperor doesnt mean that the alafin wasnt one.

at one time in history there was no yoruba word for gun or aeroplane, because it wasnt in the consciousness of africans at that time.

there was no yoruba word for ultraviolet rays, though the sun was beaming it on west african..........i doubt if you would still get my analogy, cos you are a dunce.

the thing is, once you conquer your home state, install yourself as ruler, and then proceed to conquer other territories not previously annexed and force them to pay homage or install a proxy as their king, then you are an emperor.

the oyo empire/conquest stretched as far as dahomey in the present benin republic. into parts of kwara, kogi, ekiti. these people were not oyo proper, but they payed homage and their men were conscripted. thats the makings of an empire. idiot.

and that oyo empire fell is no disgrace, it is the way of all empires, rome, greco-roman, macedonian (alexander the great), hun, ming, egyptian, zulu (chaka d'zulu) all fell, but it doesnt take away the glory of the empire at its peak.

ife deserves respect nnnnnnnnoooooooo doubt, it is the spiritual home, but it wasnt achived by conquest like oyo, hope you get waht i mean and desist from thy futile rants.

i doubt if you will tho, cos your are the definition of a total waste of sperm, your father should have jerked you off into the pit latrine. uncultured fool from the wilds of sambisa.

cheers.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Customer80: 5:01pm On May 04, 2017
shigothang:

Stop dropping shit online . I don't think that's the reason he acted that way . He is the main person that facilitated the move for Lagos to join and be part of ownership of Odua investments, a Yoruba nation company ( property).
Hope you read oba akiolus interview? He's loyalty lies to benin
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Nobody: 1:47am On May 05, 2017
hm
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Olu317(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2017
shigothang:

Saw it but not dropping comments yet, and thats not new maybe to the new kids on the block out there . There is historical link between Benin and Lagos likewise Ife and Benin . So what's your point ? The link is just Lagos islands and environs not Lagos state . You guys need to understand this and more so Aworis are Yoruba sub group same applies to the ilajes . What's the population of Lagos island people . The king he's only covering up his errs . Forever Yoruba owns lagos island and environs and the entire Lagos state . This is just a wake up call for the Yoruba to assert their ownership on the state more and more .
Whatchout for reactions on all fronts .
Don't mind OBA EKO, the king blundered against Ooni . And again he blundered on his utterance on his own lineage by SHORT CHANGING WITH ANOTHER EVEN IF HIS MOTHER WAS CLAIMED TO BE FROM BINI . When in fact, the true story is known everywhere. I have asked EDO people to mention the part of OBA BINI'S lineage that bore ASHIPKA OR ASHIPA, apart from the Man that gave birth to ADO. Something is fishy! After all, 17th century when Ado led Idungaran is still a child's play compared to 14th century history . How come there was only one Ashipa of BINI? Wait and see, who will associate with OBA OF LAGOS again. OBA of Lagos has lost it all.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2018
te]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial / Kyari El-Kanemi, Shehu Of Bama, Died Of Coronavirus Disease - Sahara Reporters / Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.