Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) (8681 Views)

Reno Omokri Disgraces Lola Shoneyin, Wole Soyinka’s Daughter-in-law’ / Reactions As Oshiomhole Exposes & Disgraces Okorocha, Casting & Binding Governor / Igbo Man Disgraces The Entire Igbo Race On An African American Youtube Channel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by ovokooo: 11:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
Royal Highnesses such as the Oba of Lagos, Obi oof Onitsha and the Ooni of Ife gathered at an event. The latter who arrived the venue after the first two went over to greet the Obi of Onitsha which went well but as soon as he attempted to greet the Oba of Lagos, he was shoved aside with a casual waving of the hand.

Watch the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBbNmj_3H48

Source: http://ovoko.com.ng/oba-lagos-publicly-humiliates-ooni-ife-lagos-video/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by ovokooo: 12:01am On Apr 26, 2017
Cc: mynd44, lalasticlala
Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by Grundig: 12:06am On Apr 26, 2017
This oba of Lagos is an unrefined, unenlightened, crass, Crude man.

Dude isn't even a first class king as I was made to understand.

Rasclaat!

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by Afam4eva(m): 12:12am On Apr 26, 2017
There's a saying that goes thus "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere". When this same oba made the lagoon statement, a lot of his kinsmen came out to hail him and agreed with his verbal vituperation. The thing with supporting an evil person at a moment because it favours you is that the same evil person will come for you in due course.

What this Oba of Lagos has just done has shown that he is not refined. He has so much bitterness in his heart and i won't be surprised if he has done a lot of jazz in his lifetime. Judging the fact that he is a ex policeman, i'm not surprised.

I've been indifferent about this Ooni of Ife but this singular act has made me like him and i hereby pronounce him as my favorite traditional ruler in Nigeria. I like the way he handled himself.

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by Darammliveth(m): 12:16am On Apr 26, 2017
He mst be a rascal!

6 Likes

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by Vicolan: 12:16am On Apr 26, 2017
Jealousy in davido rant

8 Likes

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by sagitariusbaby(m): 12:21am On Apr 26, 2017
Is there an Oba in Lagos? Jealousy Na hin go kill the lagoon man

15 Likes

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by yomz1e(m): 12:25am On Apr 26, 2017
oba of Lagos was trying to dab, it's all been blown out of proportion

Afam4eva:
There's a saying that goes thus "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere". When this same oba made the lagoon statement, a lot of his kinsmen came out to hail him and agreed with his verbal vituperation. The thing with supporting an evil person at a moment because it favours you is that the same evil person will come for you in due course.

What this Oba of Lagos has just done has shown that he is not refined. He has so much bitterness in his heart and i won't be surprised if he has done a lot of jazz in his lifetime. Judging the fact that he is a ex policeman, i'm not surprised.

I've been indifferent about this Ooni of Ife but this singular act has made me like him and i hereby pronounce him as my favorite traditional ruler in Nigeria. I like the way he handled himself.

7 Likes

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by joeyfire(m): 12:26am On Apr 26, 2017
This man is just incorrigible mehn grin

A real shame to the institution of The Oba of Lagos. A truly razz display. Very unfortunate that after the class of men like Oba Oyekan this type of man sits on the throne today.

Isn't the Ooni supposed to be his senior sef?

15 Likes

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by dunkem21(m): 12:28am On Apr 26, 2017
Afam4eva:

You're right. Ooni *Yeye* is a refined and thoroughbred gentleman. I have said that countless times here.

Any comment I make here will be misunderstood, so..

Obi of Onitsha is a charismatic leader and that's all.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by Opharhe: 12:33am On Apr 26, 2017
Lagoon Oba.
Oba Lagoon.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by NevetsIbot(m): 12:39am On Apr 26, 2017
lol. This is the real jagaban!

1 Like

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by MedicalSamwise(m): 12:52am On Apr 26, 2017
We are our own enemy in Yoruba land

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by chiefolododo(m): 1:07am On Apr 26, 2017
Akiolu should be hanged for disgracing OONI OF IFE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by donsteady(m): 1:07am On Apr 26, 2017
Political Oba.... very shallow minded person. Acting like Mrs. Jagaban....

9 Likes

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by lilfreezy: 1:18am On Apr 26, 2017
The oba of Lagos was like..

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by kessgreen(m): 1:50am On Apr 26, 2017
The Oba of Lagos just showed to the whole world he disrespect not just the office of the Ooni but indirectly also dragged his own office into disrepute if not disgrace. In as much we may not know what transpired behind the scene, this is not enough to behave like this in public. Very disgraceful and unfortunate. cool

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 1:57am On Apr 26, 2017
This Oba lilwayne is not well o. What nonsense!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 2:23am On Apr 26, 2017
For real? What kind of leader does that.
Youruba Leaderz

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by paramakina202: 2:28am On Apr 26, 2017
Oba Lagoon is a criminal!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by fergusen: 2:35am On Apr 26, 2017
So much for decorum...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 2:41am On Apr 26, 2017
If not a tout , what kind of OBA wears a sunshade indoors. The OBA of Lagos is not an example of nobility in any way. Neither speech nor action. He is a shame to the stool he sits on. He has desecrated the stool. This is likely the beginning of the end.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by MayorofLagos(m): 2:44am On Apr 26, 2017
In heirarchy of Obaship and protocol of honor, Ooni has tarnished his stool.

Dont blame Oba Akiolu.

In normal order Ooni is supposed to be seated. Obi should get up and go pay him homage. Akiolu should get up and go pay him homage.

I wonder if as prince Ojaja II was groomed on sovereingty and what the Ooni crown stand for.

Have you ever seen Alaafin walking over to shake and hug with subperiors? Akiolu dare not treat Iku Baba Yeye like that....he will receive a calabash with parrot's egg in it before next sunrise. He knows!

Dont blame Akiolu, ask why Ooni is distributing handshakes and hugs and high fives to his subordinates.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by Afam4eva(m): 3:04am On Apr 26, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Dont blame Oba Akiolu.

In normal order Ooni is supposed to be seated. Obi should get up and go pay him homage. Akiolu should get up and go pay him homage.

I wonder if as prince Ojaja II was groomed on sovereingty and what the Ooni crown stand for.

Have you ever seen Alaafin walking over to shake and hug with subperiors? Akiolu dare not treat Iku Baba Yeye like that....he will receive a calabash with parrot's egg in it before next sunrise. He knows!

Dont blame Akiolu, ask why Ooni is distributing handshakes and hugs and high fives to his subordinates.
You must be high on cow dung if you think the Obi of Onitsha will pay homage to the Ooni when the Ooni is not hosting him. The Ooni is not higher than the Obi because they're from totally different ethnicities. Now, the Oba of Lagos is a different issue considering that he's from the same ethnicity as the Ooni and according to Yoruba oral tradition the Alaafin of Oyo Ooni of Ife is the highest in rank.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by Lordxeer(m): 3:09am On Apr 26, 2017
Shaking my head

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by Emassive(m): 3:18am On Apr 26, 2017
Mumu.... the Obi of Onitsha is a first class King
MayorofLagos:

Dont blame Oba Akiolu.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by Igboesika: 3:21am On Apr 26, 2017
I wonder how that Oba got to where he is today as Oba.

Anyways, if there anything like votes to b cast between the two traditional rulers by the people to chose their favourite , trust me, Oni wl beat him hands down.
Oni is repected more even beyond Yoruba land unlike this one that's forming wetin I no I no.
Make I no talk everything we dey my mind before people start crying that I am insulting their traditional ruler
Who does he think he is?
Rubbish!!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by Rayd502(m): 3:29am On Apr 26, 2017
I m sure there is an underlying ish why the Oba of Lagos behaved that way,but to exhibit such pettiness and in the full glare of the public is an action unbecoming of the revered position he occupies...

12 Likes

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by MayorofLagos(m): 3:38am On Apr 26, 2017
Afam4eva:

You must be high on cow dung if you think the Obi of Onitsha will pay homage to the Ooni when the Ooni is not hosting him. The Ooni is not higher than the Obi because they're from totally different ethnicities. Now, the Oba of Lagos is a different issue considering that he's from the same ethnicity as the Ooni and according to Yoruba oral tradition the Alaafin of Oyo Ooni of Ife is the highest in rank.

Obi of Onitsha is under the sovereingty of Benin.

Amongst the sixteen sovereingties created by Ife, Benin is one of them.

Obi of Onitsha is subordinate to a lower Crown heirarchy of Ile Ife.

You are mixing traditional Imperial Sovereingty with federal character artificially created by Nigerian rulers to balance distribution of power.

How many sovereingties has the stool in Onitsha created in its history? Answer that logically, not emotionally, if you can.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by Afam4eva(m): 3:43am On Apr 26, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Obi of Onitsha is under the sovereingty of Benin.

Amongst the sixteen sovereingties created by Ife, Benin is one of them.

Obi of Onitsha is subordinate to a lower Crown heirarchy of Ile Ife.

You are mixing traditional Imperial Sovereingty with federal character artificially created by Nigerian rulers to balance distribution of power.

How many sovereingties has the stool in Onitsha created in its history? Answer that logically, not emotionally, if you can.
The length that people go to support their stupid point...Sovereignty of Benin ko, democracy of Ife ni.

Like i said, the Obi of Onitsha is an Igbo king and has nothing to do with Oba of Benin or Yoruba Monarchy. If the Oba of Benin accepts that he's under the Ooni, that's his business, but no Igbo king has anything to do with any monarchical system outside Igboland.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by MayorofLagos(m): 3:44am On Apr 26, 2017
Igboesika:
I wonder how that Oba got to where he is today as Oba.

Anyways, if there anything like votes to b cast between the two traditional rulers by the people to chose their favourite traditional ruler , trust me, Oni wl beat his hands down.
Rubbish!!

Yorubas dont vote Obas in. These are sovereingties, crown heads!

1 Like

Re: The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video) by MayorofLagos(m): 3:46am On Apr 26, 2017
Afam4eva:

The length that people go to support their stupid point...Sovereignty of Benin ko, democracy of Ife ni.

Like i said, the Obi of Onitsha is an Igbo king and has nothing to do with Oba of Benin or Yoruba Monarchy. If the Oba of Benin accepts that he's under the Ooni, that's his business, but no Igbo king has anything to do with any monarchical system outside Igboland.

Its on record that your Obi derived his power from Benin. You can dispute and revise it and position it in any ethnic color you like....if you like sef call him Jewish King, still....the stool he sits on came from Benin.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

P&ID: FG Issues Statement On Thursday’s Ruling / BREAKING: Jegede Wins!!!!! / Court Urged To Restrain Apc’s Committee Over Planned Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.