Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

NOBODY IS POOR!!! By Uba Chiemezuo Anyawu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NOBODY IS POOR!!! By Uba Chiemezuo Anyawu (249 Views)

Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu / "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce / "Why Kano State Is Poor" - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NOBODY IS POOR!!! By Uba Chiemezuo Anyawu by courage676(m): 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2017
NOBODY IS POOR!!!

"CBN says a poor man is one living below 1-dollar (385 naira) a day. So do you mean to say no one can afford to spend at least 400naira in a day? I definitely don't belief anyone is poor"

That's what a fellow said and I got pissed...

Why say no one is poor?
Why say no one needs help?

Is it to justify your inability to render help to the less privilege?
Or is it that you derive pleasure seeing people with gnashing teeth in your neighborhood?

Do you know there are persons who can't afford a 100naira cup of garri?

Have you been to the far north where a single family bears the population of a kindred in the East and yet the family as a whole lives below a dollar daily?

Have you been to the South where the peoples farms and rivers are destroyed by oil spillage and the citizens suffer to live?

That you are graced to be Rich doesn't mean no one is poor.
World Bank has it that only 1% of the worlds population is absolutely rich, and the rest 99% harbours those who can at least meet their daily needs and those who can't...

I visited my village for Easter and I got disturbed when I realize Kwashiorkor is still in existence in my dear Nation.

Why then can't you offer 10 naira, 20naira ,100naira , thousands and millions as alms to the less privilege?

Why then can't we all he philanthropists in the levels of our earnings?

I belief no religion preaches against alms.
So please help that poor boy/girl in the streets.

God Will Reward you richly.

#ShowSomeLove
© Uba Chiemezuo Anyawu

(1) (Reply)

You Are Invited / Ready for the ucomping elections? / Dickson: Their Welfare Remains A Top Priority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.