Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu (17087 Views)

Keyamo to Momodu: You’re A Hopeless Clown, Your Attempt To Save PDP Is Poor / Deji Adeyanju: The Attendance At Obi's Jos Rally Is Poor / "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by DAVIDAZ: 2:29am On Jan 10, 2020
Rotimi Akeredolu, governor of Ondo, says his state is poor.

Akeredolu said this on Thursday at the launch of the Western Nigeria Security Network (WNSN) codenamed “Amotekun” (leopard), a joint security initiative by south-west governors.

Reacting to the absence of Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos, at the event which held in Ibadan, Oyo state, Akeredolu said his Lagos counterpart wanted to fly into Oyo but could not do so because of the weather.

Akeredolu said he that is from a poor state had to travel down by road but because Lagos is rich, Sanwo-Olu opted to fly in.

“I must convey the apologies of two of our governors who are not here. What has happened is part of problems you face in harmattan period, particularly when you are from a rich state that you believe you can come with helicopter but helicopter now say that it cannot land,” Akeredolu said jokingly.

“But those of us who came by road, we arrived safely. You know Lagos is rich and they wanted to come by helicopter.

“Their vehicles came before them and they are here. So at times, it’s good to be poor. Ondo is a poor state and all of us are here now… but the two of them are part of this; let me assure all of us.”

Sanwo-Olu and Dapo Abiodun, governor of Ogun, are the only south-west governors that did not attend the event.

He said the governors in the region have grown worried over the consistent reports of killings and kidnappings in the zone, hence the need to initiate Amotekun.

“We cannot predict the exactitude of where these incidents will take place, hence we felt that combined efforts of all us will be very necessary. The current situation in the country requires pragmatic and proactive solutions. The south-west seems to be the centre of negative reports in recent times,” he said.

Akeredolu said Amotekun is only a complementary agency and not a replacement for the police, adding that they (south-west governors) do not plan to overstep their boundaries.

“Some of us cannot afford to break this country. I am married to an Igbo woman so what happens, where will my children go if we break this country. If they choose to follow their mother, what happens? We believe in Nigeria. Nigeria’s sovereignty is indissolvable,” he said.

“It will serve as an effective complement to the security measures put in place by the federal government. It is not our intention to erect any antagonistic structure. Amotekun is only one among the solutions to the socio-economic challenges we face in this region.

“Our initiative appears ambitious to a number of people and its operation looks opaque to the skeptics. We on our part are clear on the purpose and objectives we seek.

“This is not in any manner, a body which will operate as an alternative to the police force. Its role is mainly complementary.”

The governor said beyond the 120 vehicles procured by the states, they each have over a hundred motorcycles to be deployed in the operations.

He allayed fears that the group will serve as a form of state police, saying it will not be abused.

“No governor will use Amotekun for political activities,” he said.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/extra-ondo-is-a-poor-state-says-akeredolu/amp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by Nobody: 2:38am On Jan 10, 2020
We keep getting opposite messages about the economic situation in the south west. There is a big divide between what yoruba youths tell us online and what yoruba elders and leaders say to the media.

The elders and governors have been complaining of poverty and hardship that is shaking the fabric of yoruba society.

The youths online and social media keep telling us the opposite; that they are the most economically viable region.

So where does the truth lie?

Who is telling the truth and who is lying?

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by hisexcellency34: 2:39am On Jan 10, 2020
Who stole all the money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by slimfit1(m): 3:42am On Jan 10, 2020
Uncle Ondo state is not poor, they have one of the smartest people on earth, to say they are poor means they are being ruled by an idiot Mr governor.
Ondo state does have so many resources human and natural resources it's a shame that you don't have enough Wisdom to extract these vast resources. Ondo state is not poor the state is dominated by mentally poor leaders.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 10, 2020
Corrupt leaders stealing tax payers money since 1807,this one is saying ondo state is poor because he want bullhari to give him money so he can chop national cake.

Well, imes is coming sha...The end of days. We hope that he'll be coming to clarify the truth about life; the truth of which is hidden to many people.

imes, we await your coming. cheesy
Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by Citytrend: 6:18am On Jan 10, 2020
And it's my fault
Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by muykem: 6:36am On Jan 10, 2020
Mr. Man go and pay minimum wage in your state.
Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:40am On Jan 10, 2020
Na only govt allocation dem sabi
None can grow wealth

3 Likes

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by orisa37: 7:01am On Jan 10, 2020
The governors are probably lying.
Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:06am On Jan 10, 2020
The oil in ondo state is more than the oil in all the SE. grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by okpalaAnambra: 7:07am On Jan 10, 2020
We know most south west states are poor..that's why majority have inferiority complex and always claim Lagos...if you know you know

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by okpalaAnambra: 7:08am On Jan 10, 2020
NimrodEndOfDays:
Are you minding them..yet they're so poor

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by okpalaAnambra: 7:09am On Jan 10, 2020
slimfit1:
Uncle Ondo state is not poor, they have one of the smartest people on earth, to say they are poor means they are being ruled by an idiot Mr governor.
Ondo state does have so many resources human and natural resources it's a shame that you don't have enough Wisdom to extract these vast resources. Ondo state is not poor the state is dominated by mentally poor leaders.
You ended up saying the same thing as him...poor society(physically, mentally and spiritually) breed poor leaders and the whole people become poor..so Ondo state is poor and retched

24 Likes

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:43am On Jan 10, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

grin

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by Ezewuzie01: 7:57am On Jan 10, 2020
This is what they say when they lack ideas on how to run a state and provide the needed infrastructure. The same thing Peter Obi said when he was governor. Mediocres.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by Gabkosh: 7:58am On Jan 10, 2020
slimfit1:
Gbammest

2 Likes

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by Gabkosh: 8:00am On Jan 10, 2020
This idiot has gut to say ondo is poor, yet took his useless daughter's wedding abroad. May thunder scatter your head there.

10 Likes

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by IkeOnyia: 8:01am On Jan 10, 2020
Jesus Christ is merciful.

4 Likes

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by Gabkosh: 8:02am On Jan 10, 2020
NimrodEndOfDays:
Yes, that is the fact. Does the oil in south east up to 1%?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by OndoTrends: 8:03am On Jan 10, 2020
Bad journalism will burn Nigeria to the ground. The Governor only said Ondo State is poor compared to Lagos and Ogun.

24 Likes

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by updatechange(m): 8:06am On Jan 10, 2020
His already looking for fiction to suit his ineptness, dodging from the Amotekun staff salary.
Why haven't we been hearing this before, why now that it has been inaugurated? Bunch of criminals

7 Likes

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by jimyjames(m): 8:26am On Jan 10, 2020
All these south west states Ogun , Oyo, ondo ekiti and osun are poor states

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by Sammy07: 9:11am On Jan 10, 2020
jimyjames:
Ezewuzie01:
This is what they say when they lack ideas on how to run a state and provide the needed infrastructure. The same thing Peter Obi said when he was governor. Mediocres.
okpalaAnambra:

You ended up saying the same thing as him...poor society(physically, mentally and spiritually) breed poor leaders and the whole people become poor..so Ondo state is poor and retched
okpalaAnambra:

NimrodEndOfDays:
obowo69:
We keep getting opposite messages about the economic situation in the south west. There is a big divide between what yoruba youths tell us online and what yoruba elders and leaders say to the media.

The elders and governors have been complaining of poverty and hardship that is shaking the fabric of yoruba society.

The youths online and social media keep telling us the opposite; that they are the most economically viable region.

So where does the truth lie?

Who is telling the truth and who is lying?

Is like you guys went to a polytechnic or college of education.

You do not read the article, you only read the headline and comment.

The governor said and I quote.

"Akeredolu while speaking on the absence of Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos, at the event which held in Ibadan, Oyo state, said Sanwo-Olu had planned to fly into Oyo but could not do so because of the weather.

He said, “I must convey the apologies of two of our governors who are not here. What has happened is part of problems you face in harmattan period, particularly when you are not from a rich state."

Osaze007, Legendhero, Afamed.
I give up on SE guys...

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by jimyjames(m): 9:22am On Jan 10, 2020
How about this?

Sammy07:

"Akeredolu while speaking on the absence of Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos, at the event which held in Ibadan, Oyo state, said Sanwo-Olu had planned to fly into Oyo but could not do so because of the weather.

He said, “I must convey the apologies of two of our governors who are not here. What has happened is part of problems you face in harmattan period, particularly when you are not from a rich state."

I give up on SE guys...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by Afamed: 9:23am On Jan 10, 2020
Sammy07:

I give up on SE guys...
Are you new to those children? You should have known their style of operations. Pls ignore them

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by Sammy07: 9:25am On Jan 10, 2020
jimyjames:
How about this?

The picture means.
Yoruba leaders are calling the government to solve unemployment and security in the COUNTRY

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by Sammy07: 9:27am On Jan 10, 2020
Afamed:

Are you new to those children? You should have known their style of operations. Pls ignore them

Honestly, I don't wanna quote them b4.
Buh, I thought it could go on and on.
That's why I corrected them.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by jimyjames(m): 9:28am On Jan 10, 2020
Sammy07:

The picture means.
Yoruba leaders are calling the government to solve unemployment and security in the country

They said poverty is becoming unbearable in Yoruba land

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by Sammy07: 9:30am On Jan 10, 2020
jimyjames:

They said poverty is becoming unbearable in Yoruba land

Why do you keep your glasses?

It says in the COUNTRY.
I didn't see Yorubaland in your picture.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by Osaze007: 9:37am On Jan 10, 2020
jimyjames:

But south east is flowing in milk & prosperity

9 Likes

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by jimyjames(m): 9:37am On Jan 10, 2020
Sammy07:

Why do you keep your glasses?

It says in the COUNTRY.
I didn't see Yorubaland in your picture.

Yoruba's can't be crying on behalf of the whole country they are crying of the poverty in Yoruba land , or are you telling me Yoruba's are the cry babies of Nigeria?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo State Is Poor — Governor Akeredolu by Osaze007: 9:38am On Jan 10, 2020
Sammy07:

I give up on SE guys...

iPods and lies are 5&6

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Tinubu Has Secured $14 Billion In FDI Via G20 Summit - Temitope Ajayi / Edo 2024: Friday Itulah, Kenneth Ahbulimen Step Down For Asue Ighodalo / Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.