Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized (18467 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Signs The 2017 Budget Bill Into Law (Photos) / Police Carted Away 2017 Budget Documents, Goje Tells Senate / El-Rufai Published State Security Budget, Not His Security Vote"– Reps Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by mmsen: 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
mapet:

While I laugh at your vendetta-drive against Tinubu grin grin grin grin grin grin I will imagine that a simple approach is to get a whistle blower....and much more bring indictment against him. How come this has been impossible since the days of Y'ardua, GEJ till now

Somebody must either be lazy in their research or they are flogging a dead issue

Or he has insulated himself by allowing many people to chop alongside him.

It's the same thing that Abacha did. Clearly a crook but many others were able to profit, including some who are still involved in government.
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by gudnex22(m): 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
AntiWailer:

Heavy punch for light brains.

light brain is better than empty brain

zombie D;
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by famology(m): 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
Lordsocrates:
Can you imagine, corruption has eaten so deep that someone having 18mn plus 16,000 pounds is viewed by Poverty ravaged Nigerians as nothing.. can you imagine what corruption has turned our mindsets into.

When a member of Parliament in the UK resigned for less than £1000 pounds he had/used without good explanations...

shame on u dumb commenters...
God bless u wit more wisdom.
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by jnrremedy(m): 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:

Which law of the land

State the law of shut up.

ignorance is truly a disease to be feared
why do Nigerians like arguing ignorantly
serious it beat my imagination
imagine someone happily, foolishly and ignorantly jubilating over what a ten year old boy shouldn't say openly
pls pick up ur phone go to the google search bar and type money laundering laws in Nigeria
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by mapet: 2:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
mmsen:

Or he has insulated himself by allowing many people to chop alongside him.

It's the same thing that Abacha did. Clearly a crook but many others were able to profit, including some who are still involved in government.

Nope. I believe the first starting point is to bring evidence against him. If not, speculation will amount to nothing
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by mapet: 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
Adecks01:

how did efcc kidnapped someone's "CofO" and were later found in the market?
What is executive files transferred to Buharis house?

1. Whose CFO was kidnapped and later found in the market?
2. Is Aso Rock "Buhari's House"?
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by mmsen: 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
mapet:

Nope. I believe the first starting point is to bring evidence against him. If not, speculation will amount to nothing

Where did I say that he should be prosecuted without evidence?
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by mapet: 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
mmsen:

Where did I say that he should be prosecuted without evidence?

So what/where is the evidence? That you don't like him? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by mapet: 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
docadams:

ocelot2006: :

Pls do tell how having 18mil plus £1000 (imagine!!) in one's possession is corruption. Is it a crime for anyone to keep money at home? Do you have any proof that the money was stolen?

Oh btw a few weeks ago I had a bit over £1000 in my possession. Oya, go and blow whistle na.
Please mister, try and expand your horizon of knowledge. Every nation is governed by laws. There is a Money Laundering Act which forbids individuals from being in possession of more than N5m cash outside of the premises of a financial institution

When I see this generation talk about wanting a shot a leadership, and you see these kinds of warped reasoning and orientation, you wander if our generation is not almost doomed. Imagine, something a quick google search would have shown him, he came here to argue foolishly
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by Adecks01(m): 2:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
mapet:

1. Whose CFO was kidnapped and later found in the market? 2. Is Aso Rock "Buhari's House"?
1.the CofO of an ex-Gov 2.maybe you don't even know the difference between Residents and office. Or you choose to ignore it.
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by mapet: 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2017
Adecks01:

1.the CofO of an ex-Gov
2.maybe you don't even know the difference between Residents and office.
Or you choose to ignore it.

1. Pls furnish us with the link to the story
2. Educate me on the difference. Tell me what differentiate the context in the residence of a president. What law preclude the president from taking documents to his official residence, Airforce 1 or any other designated place?
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by Adecks01(m): 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
mapet:

1. Pls furnish us with the link to the story
2. Educate me on the difference. Tell me what differentiate the context in the residence of a president. What law preclude the president from taking documents to his official residence, Airforce 1 or any other designated place?
but there is a law that preclude senator from taking a document to be work on at home right?
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by mapet: 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2017
Adecks01:

but there is a law that preclude senator from taking a document to be work on at home right?

Yes................
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by Adecks01(m): 2:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
mapet:

Yes................
educate us on that law
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by kinibigdeal(m): 3:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
abescom:
Jesus!!! Did you actually mean this or just on a wind up? The law of this land doesn't permit you to have 18m in your house.

Your hate for everything about this administration is not making you and your kind thing. Which law allows you to have so much money in your house? I was arrested with 1.5m worth of foreign currency years ago by NDLEA at the Seme bother because it exceeded the limit but was freed when they discovered it was legit money. Goje should prove the source of the money and he will be freed.

Defending corruption the pastime of Igbos and wailers.

I will have to know your occupation before responding to yout gay
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by goldedprince: 5:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
Thejustw14:
Mschew...
Is that one money?
bro, i was wondering same o.
imagine small money like this efcc go begin trail person. i tire for this country o

1 Like

Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by goldedprince: 5:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
this news just made me so scared of this country now.
considering the fact that i make 2 times that cash monthly, i think i need to buy another country citizenship.
looks like nigeria is now a country for poor peasants
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by honeymix77(m): 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
I feel this politicians thrive when there is confusion, the senator is just diverting people's attention. This is late April budget has not been passed, is it only one copy that the president presented? Goje is not the only one in the committee, copies where also given to the lower chamber, seriously what does the police want to do with the budget? I have a feeling it was money they where after probably the information was not correct, but they still found incriminating files to use against goje. Nigerians should try and look at all this issue with open mind.
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by Ikpemziethene(m): 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
[color=#990000][/color] corrupt nigerians
Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by sshalom(m): 7:04pm On Apr 27, 2017
Thejustw14:
Mschew...
Is that one money?

Compared to $43Million abi?

1 Like

Re: Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized by Fourwinds: 8:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
Lordsocrates:
Can you imagine, corruption has eaten so deep that someone having 18mn plus 16,000 pounds is viewed by Poverty ravaged Nigerians as nothing.. can you imagine what corruption has turned our mindsets into.

When a member of Parliament in the UK resigned for less than £1000 pounds he had/used without good explanations...

shame on u dumb commenters...
I'm even shocked too....the way people are calling it change...I pity d youths of this country...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abiola: 'Jail Babangida' - I Go Dye Writes Buhari / How Will You Rate Fashola's Performance As Minister Of Power? / Soldiers Rescue 29 Women, 25 Children From Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.