Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

2017 Budget Is Missing, The Nigerian Police Stole It - Says Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2017 Budget Is Missing, The Nigerian Police Stole It - Says Senate (402 Views)

Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate / Yemi Osinbajo Signs The 2017 Budget Bill Into Law (Photos) / SERAP Exposes Fresh Padding In 2017 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017 Budget Is Missing, The Nigerian Police Stole It - Says Senate by RapportNaija(m): 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
The Nigerian Senate, on Wednesday, disclosed that the 2017 budget is missing and alleged that the Nigeria Police stole the documents that are needed to pass the 2017 National budget.

The allegations were made following a presentation by the chairman of the Senate Committee on Appropriations, Sen. Danjuma Goje, regarding the invasion of his home last week, by officers of the Nigerian Police Force (NPF).

Goje said the policemen took away N18 million, $19,000 and 4,000 Saudi Riyadh from his house.

“In addition, they also took my laptop and to make matters worse they took 18 files from my office. I am so traumatised now and I don’t know which files are missing, which files is available now. Some of these files have to do with the work I am doing,” Goje said.

“Like I told you, we are holding a meeting on the budget that lasts Thursday that they came. So from Thursday to now, we have not been able to meet because some of the papers are not around, many of us are traumatised, my house as a politician is a beehive of activities; people are coming from all over the country to sympathise with me. I have no time to sit and from today we are trying to start sitting again as appropriation committee to see what we can do with the budget."

He added: “I want to apologise to my colleagues that we could not keep to the timetable you gave us to lay the budget yesterday (Tuesday) and to get it passed (Wednesday); and I think it is not our own fault, it is the fault of the police because the police interfered with the whole of the budget process and I hope Nigerians will not turn out to blackmail the national assembly because the process was truncated by the police.”

Subsequently, the Upper Legislative Chamber directed the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mr Ibrahim Idris, to immediately return those documents and a computer which were taken away from the official residence of Sen. Goje. In addition, the Senate also asked the Police to tender a public apology to the National Assembly.

Read more from source: http://www.rapportnaija.com/2017/04/2017-budget-is-missing-nigerian-police.html
Re: 2017 Budget Is Missing, The Nigerian Police Stole It - Says Senate by GloriaNinja(f): 12:40pm On Apr 27, 2017
undecided I NO GET TIME TO TALKU TALKU, BECAUSE NIGERIAN POLICE SABI THIEFU THIEFU.
Re: 2017 Budget Is Missing, The Nigerian Police Stole It - Says Senate by lwise(m): 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2017
Confirmed. Wahala dey
Re: 2017 Budget Is Missing, The Nigerian Police Stole It - Says Senate by okunfemm(m): 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
what a funny country
Re: 2017 Budget Is Missing, The Nigerian Police Stole It - Says Senate by psucc(m): 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
Let me also think from this angle:

Could it be the invasion of Senator Goje's house has to do with the budget?

Could this be a repeat of the 2016 budget saga?

Could it be the Presidency wants to replace some sheets or pages in the document?
Re: 2017 Budget Is Missing, The Nigerian Police Stole It - Says Senate by ourema(f): 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nigeria can still move forward without a budget. They can still pass the budget next year. Zombies thinking
Re: 2017 Budget Is Missing, The Nigerian Police Stole It - Says Senate by Swahili0(f): 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Those Days Are Gone / Buhari And The Enemy Within / I’ve No Plan To Leave Pdp – Ta Orji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.