Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,150 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (299760 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by visionphemy: 7:58am On Oct 12, 2017
hmmmmmn my people all is wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin. at last
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Alicella(f): 9:02am On Oct 12, 2017
visionphemy:
hmmmmmn my people all is wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin. at last
Please share ur good news with us.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 9:06am On Oct 12, 2017
iphyconsult:
Is there any 2016 scholars who are yet to be paid and are currently in UK (london precisely). 2015 scholars are working out some plans.

Pls contact me ASAP if you wanna join this movement!

I'm a 2015 scholar. I've not been paid for two sessions (we are now in a new session) - I'm not aware of any plan(s) either.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Bluethroat101: 10:19am On Oct 12, 2017
visionphemy:

Please share the good news with us.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by iphyconsult: 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2017

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by iphyconsult: 6:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
Can you help us this link.

This is a PROTEST at Abuja house London today
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by choicecad: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2017
iphyconsult:

This thread is very quiet, where has everybody gone, Resulst wasnt relaesed again Friday, Hmmmmm.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by kilmix: 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2017
choicecad:

This thread is very quiet, where has everybody gone, Resulst wasnt relaesed again Friday, Hmmmmm.

It is pitiable bro.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannycrane77: 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2017
kilmix:

It is pitiable bro.

Let's wait for next week. Maybe God will answer us.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BRAINNY(m): 7:24am On Oct 15, 2017
dannycrane77:

Let's wait for next week. Maybe God will answer us.

There's always gonna be a ‘next week.' The drama continues.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
BRAINNY:

There's always gonna be a ‘next week.' The drama continues.
Not always.... there is an end which is soon.
Maybe this week

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 6:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
iphyconsult:

This is good. I think it's time to write national assembly
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 10:29am On Oct 16, 2017
Very unfortunate that Nigerians will be subjected to this in foreign lands by our own citizens back home

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/100-nigerian-students-face-deportation-uk-debts/

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 10:31am On Oct 16, 2017
They may be coming home very soon if nothing is done. But we can prolong their stay there if we do something and that is by our collective outcry and protest to the NDDC and the federal government.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 10:40am On Oct 16, 2017
I don't understand why & how this 2015 Scholars' issue is still lingering up till now while 2016 scholars were paid. It doesn't add up to me. I knw Nddc is well funded. One doesn't knw what to believe anymore cos its getting complicated by the day. I only hope the tension ends this week.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2017
dannysugar:
I don't understand why & how this 2015 Scholars' issue is still lingering up till now while 2016 scholars were paid. It doesn't add up to me. I knw Nddc is well funded. One doesn't knw what to believe anymore cos its getting complicated by the day. I only hope the tension ends this week.

It simply due to the fact that no one wants to be held responsible for debts accruing from past administration, nobody wants to I repeat. Now my grievance is why tie 2017 set to 2015 set? That transition form PDP to APC is causing all these nonsense. But what have we 2017 set got to do with this, that's the part I don't understand

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by shophut(m): 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
I think our protest should go to the past governor of Rivers State, Gov. Amaechi because he brought in Mrs Ibim Seminitari to become the Acting MD/CEO, while it was still the turn of Akwa Ibom State to produce an MD.

He should be summoned on this as well and the backlog in fees and upkeep should be recovered from Mrs. Ibim Seminitari.

That is where we should start if actually we want to resolve this issue. The manner at which our so called leaders break rules and go and walk free is what we should stop. It is time we as scholars demand for the right processes if not they will continue in what they know how to do best.

The big question remains how would a scholar who didn't follow any due process in achieving the award end up in the UK? And now how do you intend to get justice. To start with you have been (those involved) found wanting and in a compromising position. So there is nothing you will say to defend yourselves.

I for one, will NOT be involved in any protest, because some scholars are guilty and responsible for what is on ground now. It is rather unfortunate that others who went through the process are involved in this mess. Well if deportation is the drastic measure the UK government wants to take, i will advice those scholars affected to come back home.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 3:38pm On Oct 16, 2017
shophut:
I think our protest should go to the past governor of Rivers State, Gov. Amaechi because he brought in Mrs Ibim Seminitari to become the Acting MD/CEO, while it was still the turn of Akwa Ibom State to produce an MD.

He should be summoned on this as well and the backlog in fees and upkeep should be recovered from Mrs. Ibim Seminitari.

That is where we should start if actually we want to resolve this issue. The manner at which our so called leaders break rules and go and walk free is what we should stop. It is time we as scholars demand for the right processes if not they will continue in what they know how to do best.

The big question remains how would a scholar who didn't follow any due process in achieving the award end up in the UK? And now how do you intend to get justice. To start with you have been (those involved) found wanting and in a compromising position. So there is nothing you will say to defend yourselves.

I for one, will NOT be involved in any protest, because some scholars are guilty and responsible for what is on ground now. It is rather unfortunate that others who went through the process are involved in this mess. Well if deportation is the drastic measure the UK government wants to take, i will advice those scholars affected to come back home.

I share your sentiments (I'm a 2015 scholar) but I don't think the blame should rest primarily on scholars who did not follow due process. They had enablers within their coffers that allowed this to happen. So the rest of us shouldn't suffer because of some few or perhaps many bad apples that the organisation itself help perpetuate.
When it comes to disbursing payments, NDDC has always been the latest to make payments, even my school acknowledged to us that they are well aware this particular scholarship tends to delay but this period takes the cake. Do you think they will automatically change with the new set?? I think not; mind you, during induction, we were all warned about nddc's consistent delays in remitting tuition/allowances and it gets worse every year.

They have claimed (as reasons for the delay) to do a total overhaul/audit on their database to verify genuine scholars and I have sent everything they asked for - my assessment paperwork (PhD), scanned ID card, sent student confirmation letter from the school, communicated via my school email address, every verification docs they asked for, I submitted. Nothing till this day. I sincerely hope the 2017 set do not go through what we have - let's hope for the best but they really need to settle their backlog.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 6:49pm On Oct 16, 2017
sethmelia002:

But what have we 2017 set got to do with this, that's the part I don't understand

I'm equally confused as well. I find it hard to believe that none of the 2015 Phd Scholars have been paid (genuine/non-genuine if anything like that even exist) ? Ibim Seminitari was there for about 9months and cldn't clear the outstanding payments? Now compounding the problems. Its an APC affair and ought to be sorted out easily cos their budget for it was approved. She even went ahead to publish a quartely report that she paid scholars.

This problem has caused so much pain.Strategic individual plans have been put on hold due to this silence & delay. NDDC shld jst let us know our fate.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=ladybug2 post=61478462]

If feel your pain cos this problem has become our problem too with this resultant delay of the 2017 list.
I hope and pray the Senate President will keep to his word of resolving this payment issues. It is well.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=dannysugar post=61485214][/quote]

Did the Senate president say that? On twitter?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by mcpreciousivan: 10:37am On Oct 17, 2017
I can see how meager your brain is@ shophut. you've clearly shown the level of your deprivity. Damn due Process...damn selection...damn the award and damn you.
I will say this again incase you don't know...those from oil community we be favour more than those who are not from oil community.
And also you are here shouting due process not due process oga who is stopping you from not using undue process? ''you're forgetting favour et speak than self confidence''.
you said something that sound too childish that they can't defend themselves because they didn't passed through due process, my brother was it written in their award Letter that this one is due process and that one is undue process...?
my question to you is, do those you said got it through undue process had the qualified documents for the award and are they from Niger Delta?... Award is award and as far as the awardees are from NIGER DELTA then he/she is qualified.
So stop ranting guy... This is not your Father company is a grant and even those that you tag as the undue might be far better than you ( your write up already shown that you only got the certificate and not the brain).
The whole selection process was damn from the time of CBT. please no one in here should blame any past scholars for anything, is their right in as much as they are Niger deltans. if you has any problem go cast your blame on the boards of directors for not releasing the fund for the Award. you should pray to make the list and stop the blame game. your present leaders tried it and is not working well for them.....learn from past. thanks.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
All they say is "Be patient, we are working on it" 2015 phd scholars have suffered enuff.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
agongajoseph:
All they say is "Be patient, we are working on it" 2015 phd scholars have suffered enuff.

They have been saying that since January this year. There is something systematically wrong with the way they run things over there - or perhaps it is deliberate. We have suffered enough, their excuses don't hold water anymore.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by nelsont1: 12:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
Guys calm down please. These leaders owe you nothing. They're just doing you a favour. Stop whining here because at the end, all you do is just waste your data typing your headaches here. The Nigerian youths I know can only fight themselves, but are not ready to face our old politicians. So all of you must just shut up and enjoy what you get. If you don't have money to further your studies, please leave nddc alone.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by nelsont1: 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2017
Outside this thread, most of you are notorious supporters of these politicians. If they pay us.. Good, if they don't...deal with it or go hang yourselves. We deserve them. When 2019 comes, go take money from them and vote for them again. Let this thread be silent until our political gods decide if we deserve the nddc scholarship or not.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
nelsont1:
Outside this thread, most of you are notorious supporters of these politicians. If they pay us.. Good, if they don't...deal with it or go hang yourselves. We deserve them. When 2019 comes, go take money from them and vote for them again. Let this thread be silent until our political gods decide if we deserve the nddc scholarship or not.
Lets just pray we get paid...there's really nothin we can do, common to tweet n retweet we can't....we are here argueing among ourselves. I pray God touch them

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 2:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
nelsont1:

'if they don't pay us, deal with it or go hang yourselves'

Very classy of you. We have been dealing with it since 2015. We know the system is flawed, we get that. But if they are unable to sustain the scheme anymore, why not outright say so?? That's my point. We are not here to demand anything we don't deserve. If they have sent us here for studies, then the least they can do is at least be honest with us rather than respond with cryptic automated messages. This NDDC situation has been on since PDP was in power. PTDF isn't perfect but their scholars have nothing to worry about. Hence if NDDC cannot sustain the scheme, there is really no need to embarrass us this way. Keep your misguided pessimism to yourself.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by shophut(m): 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2017
@ Mr. Nelson, i must say that i owe you a bottle of drink. Very well said. These scholars don't understand that the nobody owe them a dime in this country. Many of them are talking about tweeting, signing of petition and protest, when they are the one compiling the problems. Some go to the extent of signing agreement to part with a percentage of their upkeep if their names come out, and now you cry when they forfeit your tuition and upkeep. Some hang unto the premise that since all system is corrupt, we should all follow the trend. At times i ponder if these are really the would be future leaders of this country. It is such a shame. Moreover, we should all wake up, and wait for 2018, because 2017 is running out already.

nelsont1:

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by WhichWayNaija: 5:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
I actually have some direct contacts to share- Lai Mohammed, Udo Udoma, Adeosun, Saraki, Omo Agege etc. Just wondering if I should? I mean mobile phone numbers.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by nelsont1: 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
They decide which scheme to mess with and you will only compose long sentences on nairaland after that. If they decide to mess with PTDF, we will still do nothing. You think you deserve the scholarship because you're a Nigerian citizen? or because they love that you're too intelligent to pass any exam or their cbt? You think they're interested in whatever it is you'll contribute to the region after graduation? Lol... Wake up, they owe us only money for votes. You will be hurting yourself if you continue living your life thinking these men owe you anything whether APC or PDP. Better wake up and go find a way to further your studies. You talking about embarrassment lol, wait until they ban the youths totally from going to study abroad. We will still do nothing. Finally, please get us the scholarship with your guided positive belief. We are waiting.
ladybug2:

'if they don't pay us, deal with it or go hang yourselves'

Very classy of you. We have been dealing with it since 2015. We know the system is flawed, we get that. But if they are unable to sustain the scheme anymore, why not outright say so?? That's my point. We are not here to demand anything we don't deserve. If they have sent us here for studies, then the least they can do is at least be honest with us rather than respond with cryptic automated messages. This NDDC situation has been on since PDP was in power. PTDF isn't perfect but their scholars have nothing to worry about. Hence if NDDC cannot sustain the scheme, there is really no need to embarrass us this way. Keep your misguided pessimism to yourself.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by nelsont1: 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
Honestly, this matter does not concern God in any way or form. He has given us the brain and we not paralysed to make things work. God has ensured all that but we only complain when it touches us personally and we still do nothing afterwards. If God touches them in this matter, how about other matters?
agongajoseph:
Lets just pray we get paid...there's really nothin we can do, common to tweet n retweet we can't....we are here argueing among ourselves. I pray God touch them

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (105) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.