Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,468 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (299954 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 10:22am On Jan 03, 2018
I wish we know what these people are planning. It's a new year and people need to make plans.
God help us all.
cry
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 9:57am On Jan 04, 2018
Goodmorning Comrades And Happy New Year.

I had a unpleasant conversation with one of the media aids to this board. The fellow tried to exonerate the board of any wrong doing and passing the blame on " FG" for the delay of this funds. I told him to relate the message well to his bosses that soon we'll be advocating louder than ever from all angles in demand for the pay/list as they resume work next. week.

I Hope this problems end soon.

5 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 05, 2018
Abc
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 8:54am On Jan 05, 2018
irahub:

Thanks for your effort brother. However, this does little to help. It is better for NDDC to state a tentative date to expect the payment. You can't just keep people in limbo with a lot of uncertainties. Even if they state it is going to come by March, then one can make plans and know how to package himself or herself. But with each day, "the payment will be made soon", it only leaves uncertainties everywhere. I wonder when we the black people will simply have common sense and understand how the world works.

I appreciate the effort as well, and thank you. To be fair, I was informed to expect payments within 2-3 weeks and I was told this on the 18th of December (2017). The coordinator was also quickly to point out to take into account the festive season so it may be a week further than what she speculated. I know you are using March as an example, but by God, we need the payments NOW. My school has given me an ultimatum (14 days to settle all my debts), and I am severely depressed this new year so pushing it further is not an option. I have waited almost 2 years for payments to be made (a colleague of mine close to 3 yrs), they need to settle us now 'cos there is really no reason whatsoever to delay payments.

7 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2018
ladybug2:

I appreciate the effort as well, and thank you. To be fair, I was informed to expect payments within 2-3 weeks and I was told this on the 18th of December (2017). The coordinator was also quickly to point out to take into account the festive season so it may be a week further than what she speculated. I know you are using March as an example, but by God, we need the payments NOW. My school has given me an ultimatum (14 days to settle all my debts), and I am severely depressed this new year so pushing it further is not an option. I have waited almost 2 years for payments to be made (a colleague of mine close to 3 yrs), they need to settle us now 'cos there is really no reason whatsoever to delay payments.

You are not the only one in this situation, the silence since September was because very few people resumed in September. As January and February approaches more people school fees will be owed for one year and their schools will prevent them form registering for the next year.

It’s time for us to start putting pressure on this insensitive board to do the needful. If it hasn’t come to your turn you need not wait. It is imperative that all outstanding fees for which NDDC has received an invoice, is paid this month, as quickly as possible.

NDDC has no excuse, yes, TSA will delay things because after NDDC approves payments CBN will have to process it, unlike before when NDDC approves and processes the payments. This means NDDC should have factored this 2-3 weeks delay into their plan to give CBN enough time.

But Why will it take a whole three weeks for CBN to process approved payments?, they can’t complain of being understaffed, not when there are many highly qualified unemployed people looking for CBN JOB.

Our country’s condition defies logic.

Information I got so far indicates the federal side of the divide are pushing NDDC to pay, and I also know that NDDC has approved payments. The only important missing link is CBN, I’ve tried using some sources but haven’t gotten any relevant or reliable information.

4 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
Nuel1647:

You are not the only one in this situation, the silence since September was because very few people resumed in September. As January and February approaches more people school fees will be owed for one year and their schools will prevent them for registering for the next year.

It’s time for us to start putting pressure on this insensitive board to do the needful. If it hasn’t come to your turn you need not wait. It is imperative that all outstanding fees for which NDDC has received an invoice, is paid this month, as quickly as possible.

NDDC has no excuse, yes, TSA will delay things because after NDDC approve payment, CBN will have to process it, unlike before when NDDC approves and process the payment themselves. This means NDDC should have factored this 2-3 weeks delay into their plan to give CBN enough time.

But Why will it take a whole three weeks for CBN to process approved payments?, they can’t complain of being understaffed, not when there are many highly qualified unemployed people looking for CBN JOB.

Our country’s condition defies logic.

Information I got so far indicates the federal side of the divide are pushing NDDC to pay, and I also know that NDDC has approved payments. The only important missing link is CBN, I’ve tried using some sources but haven’t gotten any relevant or reliable information.

Yes you are right with regards to approval as all evidence indicates payments have been authorised (even the scholarship coordinator informed without prompting that the officials and higher up have approved payment). It beats me why transfer via CBN will drag out for 3 weeks and some folks in this forum has said it shouldn't take more than 3 days for it to reflect. Fingers crossed. I am not sure what I will do if payments do not reflect this month. I keep hounding them on twitter to the point of embarrassment and they are all mute. A bit of assurance will help at least but as it is with this incompetent administration (the worst by far), they have chosen not to engage with their scholars at all. God help us.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
Guys, can you verify this (spotted it on my twitter feed)?

https://naijajobnews.com/nddc-scholarship-2018/
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
ladybug2:
Guys, can you verify this (spotted it on my twitter feed)?

https://naijajobnews.com/nddc-scholarship-2018/

The post is false. I just checked the link, all they did is copy the one from 2017. Looks like NDDC doesn't want us to go to school this January again cause schools are already resuming.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 9:15pm On Jan 07, 2018
CSmooth:

The post is false. I just checked the link, all they did is copy the one from 2017. Looks like NDDC doesn't want us to go to school this January again cause schools are already resuming.

I guessed as much. Checked their website, nothing like that. Nddc is playing games with our future.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 8:09am On Jan 09, 2018
NDDC denied us the opportunity to go to school in September, now they're determined to take away January from us as well. This is so unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2018
Like I said earlier, the power is within us to effect the change. If we don't pull our resources together to force them to act, they won't.

We are scholars; we are all graduates and all of them put together is no match for a 10th of us by mental and intellectual valuation. So why allow ignorance to govern knowledge?

We need to act, and there is no better time to do that than now!

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 09, 2018
Gh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 09, 2018
irahub:

Well, I like your courage and your conviction of using intellectual prowess against a supposedly beast of a people in human skin. Even though I am a scholar, I have learnt to zero my mind and accept our fate. Don't ever think we can get organized to effect any meaningful pressure - evidence have shown that black people are incapable of sustaining any course.
I will also invite you to delve into our history and precedence such that we will not kill ourselves with high BP. We as black people have, from the time of history shown tendencies that greatly suggest of lower quality of human specie across all facets of human endeavor. Has it not surprised you that we cannot pinpoint any achievement made as black people without the help of white man. We were unable to build any ship, no car, no civilization, no written language and of course no way of rendering historical events to generations. Since 1960s, the little sanity that was left in us has dwindlled as we continually head towards our precolonial era. Our histories are categorized by barbaric acts among ethnic groups, lack of planning and strategy for future generation, non existent innovation and high migratory instinct. Has it not surprised you that black people are the only race that can be easily enslaved. After we sold our own to the Americas in trans Atlantic slave trade and our own people were yoked for close to 400 years, are you still surprised that we are about to witness such again under our own nose. We are now being enslaved in Libya and once again I have seen black people being whipped in ships. If at all we are human enough, we will all spill our blood as a people to make sure slavery does not return. But here we are, it is happening in our own eyes. Fulani herdmen are on the rampage reminiscent of a typical jungle where the stronger or most violent animal like the lion dominates and kills the other. Yet the lion cannot plan for the future even after domination. Have you ever seen any garki that Hausa people are, no matter where It is located - they take their level in terms of dirtiness.
I want to let you know that a lot of things boils down to IQ. The choir as people make and they way problems are solved related to IQ. A low IQ person in addition to muscular development is a perfect recipe for violence which we have seen around us on daily basis.
I can write on and on. In summary, just know that what we are seeing with NDDC is typical of us and our nature. It is more like animals fighting animals. If you can win, you fight one. Don't ever think we can be organized in any way to have a sustained protest in a civilized manner. It will never work because in general majority of us are of low IQ and only think of what to eat today with no future plan. However, what can work is something like destroying nddc offices or attacking Nsima or maybe holding a 10 man protest while the government will tell you we are on top of the situation. That is our nature. We can only argue but we cannot change nature or have a valid alternative proof. Even if you build a monkey a house, a road and put it there to fend for himself, the monkey will always behave like one
wonderful piece.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 10:10am On Jan 09, 2018
irahub:

Well, I like your courage and your conviction of using intellectual prowess against a supposedly beast of a people in human skin. Even though I am a scholar, I have learnt to zero my mind and accept our fate. Don't ever think we can get organized to effect any meaningful pressure - evidence have shown that black people are incapable of sustaining any course.
I will also invite you to delve into our history and precedence such that we will not kill ourselves with high BP. We as black people have, from the time of history shown tendencies that greatly suggest of lower quality of human specie across all facets of human endeavor. Has it not surprised you that we cannot pinpoint any achievement made as black people without the help of white man. We were unable to build any ship, no car, no civilization, no written language and of course no way of rendering historical events to generations. Since 1960s, the little sanity that was left in us has dwindlled as we continually head towards our precolonial era. Our histories are categorized by barbaric acts among ethnic groups, lack of planning and strategy for future generation, non existent innovation and high migratory instinct. Has it not surprised you that black people are the only race that can be easily enslaved. After we sold our own to the Americas in trans Atlantic slave trade and our own people were yoked for close to 400 years, are you still surprised that we are about to witness such again under our own nose. We are now being enslaved in Libya and once again I have seen black people being whipped in ships. If at all we are human enough, we will all spill our blood as a people to make sure slavery does not return. But here we are, it is happening in our own eyes. Fulani herdmen are on the rampage reminiscent of a typical jungle where the stronger or most violent animal like the lion dominates and kills the other. Yet the lion cannot plan for the future even after domination. Have you ever seen any garki that Hausa people are, no matter where It is located - they take their level in terms of dirtiness.
I want to let you know that a lot of things boils down to IQ. The choir as people make and they way problems are solved related to IQ. A low IQ person in addition to muscular development is a perfect recipe for violence which we have seen around us on daily basis.
I can write on and on. In summary, just know that what we are seeing with NDDC is typical of us and our nature. It is more like animals fighting animals. If you can win, you fight one. Don't ever think we can be organized in any way to have a sustained protest in a civilized manner. It will never work because in general majority of us are of low IQ and only think of what to eat today with no future plan. However, what can work is something like destroying nddc offices or attacking Nsima or maybe holding a 10 man protest while the government will tell you we are on top of the situation. That is our nature. We can only argue but we cannot change nature or have a valid alternative proof. Even if you build a monkey a house, a road and put it there to fend for himself, the monkey will always behave like one

What makes ours different is that we all graduates. We are not the a mixture of impurities like crude oil, but a band of mentally refined people like fuel and can burn anything intellectually when we hold our hands together.

Again, the NDDC and the fed govt are taking advantage of us because we allowed them to. I bet you, they won't do this with the ND militants because they are very much aware of the repercussions.

In the new world order, being a militant may not necessarily carrying arms and ammunitions.

Is someone telling us that we don't have hackers, social media influencers or intellectuals who can use our expertise to force them to act?

What then are we clamoring for?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by shophut(m): 10:18am On Jan 09, 2018
Though i quite agree with you @irahub, our major problem is selfishness. Many scholars here thought that because they have Mr A or B at the commission, there was absolute no point to work with the general group. Well i discovered this long ago, if you havent. By February, a fresh application will be issued by the commission. The status quo will be sustained. There's absolutely nothing our rantings here will do. The only way forward is for us to come together as a group and fight no matter where anyone is. The time is now.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 10:31am On Jan 09, 2018
shophut:
Though i quite agree with you @irahub, our major problem is selfishness. Many scholars here thought that because they have Mr A or B at the commission, there was absolute no point to work with the general group. Well i discovered this long ago, if you havent. By February, a fresh application will be issued by the commission. The status quo will be sustained. There's absolutely nothing our rantings here will do. The only way forward is for us to come together as a group and fight no matter where anyone is. The time is now.

Right!

We have all what it takes to correct the norm and to chart a pathway for subsequent scholarship programs. If we fail to act now, the status quo continues, with the tendency of extending into that of future scholars.

The ball is in our court.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by xenaaa: 10:55am On Jan 09, 2018
This has got to be the biggest pile of crap I have read here.

@irahub Don't find a reason to put your weaknesses and your inadequacies on your skin colour.

History and precedence happened so people like you can say "enough is enough" NOT indulge learned helplessness or tell others why they can't be great.

History don't define you, it gives you perspective.

Open your mind, start with you,start with positive ideas, finding way out, encouraging and uplifting others thats how you bring out the best in people (Black,Brown or white).

Drop your anecdotal idea that the black man is a lesser human.

Find a way. Be great.

irahub:

5 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 09, 2018
Gh

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 09, 2018
Gh

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 11:57am On Jan 09, 2018
Ladies & Gentlemen, now that we have identified some of our problems can we profer solutions and building a united front?

In 2014, a similar case as now occured until the scholars acted in unison despite the cogs in their wheel of progress that sought to derail their cause. However, the present situation has surpassed our wildest imaginations of how insensitive the current mgt is.
We must (prospective scholars) know that without the financial settlement of owed scholars nothing can be done in our case.
2) Being indifferent on the current issues while others take up the challenge of confronting the devil won't make it any better for you.(if u talk, u die. if u no talk u still die. i'd rather talk & die)
3) "e no concern me" has brought us to where we are. Most of us where mute because the timeline of delay wasn't affecting us until the very obvious starring us in the face.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
4) We may have lost much but we can't afford to loose out completely.

so i'll suggest that we all unitedly join the campaign for scholar to be paid / list be released. For as long as these problems remain unresolved, it'll affect our strategic plans for 2018.

Before the electioneering begin in full swing at least lets try and get things done b4 governance end.

The floor is open for timeline suggestions on how to go about tackling these problem. N/B Payment And Award of scholarship in a given period. No VAGUE statements. Thank You

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
dannysugar:
Ladies & Gentlemen, now that we have identified some of our problems can we profer solutions and building a united front?

In 2014, a similar case as now occured until the scholars acted in unison despite the cogs in their wheel of progress that sought to derail their cause. However, the present situation has surpassed our wildest imaginations of how insensitive the current mgt is.
We must (prospective scholars) know that without the financial settlement of owed scholars nothing can be done in our case.
2) Being indifferent on the current issues while others take up the challenge of confronting the devil won't make it any better for you.(if u talk, u die. if u no talk u still die. i'd rather talk & die)
3) "e no concern me" has brought us to where we are. Most of us where mute because the timeline of delay wasn't affecting us until the very obvious starring us in the face.

The main issue was derailed at some point, and while I do not completely agree with @irahub's take on the issue, I understand the sentiment. If we had a working legal process in Nigeria, NDDC will not play this silly games with us. Everything is chaotic and reinforces this idea of our inferiority exemplified in this case by NDDC in their handling something as easy as a scholarship (NDDC is now a joke in my school). The worst part is that the corrupt elites in NDDC do not care. I troll all of them on twitter; plague their timelines, nothing. I am particularly disappointed in Hon Abike Dabiri, to be honest as she too has gone mute on this issue. I am seriously considering legal action overseas if something is not done as soon as possible - on human rights ground at least.
Bottomline, you may not agree with irahub's thesis but let's be real to ourselves, Nigeria has been on a downward spiral ever since we gained independence and don't heap the blame on our colonial past or any outside force for wrecking things for us 'cos at some point we have to take responsibility.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2018
[quote author=ladybug2 post=64033376]

I troll all of them on twitter; plague their timelines, nothing. I am particularly disappointed in Hon Abike Dabiri, to be honest as she too has gone mute on this issue. I am seriously considering legal action overseas if something is not done as soon as possible - on human rights ground at least.

Weldone to you and others trying. However your voice and a handful of others isn't going to be loud enough to all of us combined. Jst as Abike pretenciously responded due to the level of your shouts others will if it gets louder and firing from all angles. We must not under-estimate the power of social media. Even a top functionary complained with disgust how this problem is becoming embarassing to them so we must not relent.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2018
@irahub What is your suggestion to tackling and solving the problem at hand?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 1:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
I've read all the interesting comments but the pertinent question is "what do we do?"
How do we compel NDDC to step up to their responsibilities?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 3:18pm On Jan 09, 2018
I’m sensing NDDC will dodge a bullet if they pay now.
Every fire starts with a small spark.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2018
Nuel1647:
I’m sensing NDDC will dodge a bullet if they pay now.
Every fire starts with a small spark.

The latest I've heard is that payments have been authorised and the delay is from CBN. Please, can anyone verify this as well? And how long does it take CBN to process such transactions? I will keep bombarding NDDC higher-ups until I hear from them directly because as much as I want to believe this, it is still hearsay. The coordinator told me 2-3 weeks - that was since December 18th. Let's wait and see.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
@irahub, I enjoyed reading your piece we share similar ideologies but I reckon since we are aware of this stigma attached to black people the best we can do as informed ones is to seek to change the status quo and preempt further discerning opinions from other races.

Back to the original matter the news coming through is that we all prospective awardees from 2017 should prepare for fresh applications before the first quarter of the year runs out. This is still consistent with feedback from last year concerning the status of the 2017 scholarship.

One word is enough for the wise.I still support a protest but to be honest I doubt if it will take us far
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2018
irahub:
In general, I do not like ranting a lot online but as days go by and I see the deteriorating nature of things among us, I am forced to at least put down my words even though it will at most fall on deaf ears and will just end up in nairaland. I will stand firm to state that black people cannot sustain anything be it protest, civilization or value system. During the time of Arab spring, some folks envisaged a sub-Saharan revolution where we Africans will rise up against the useless leadership across the continent. I only laughed and stated firmly - Black people cannot have any revolution. What we can have is only coups and counter-coups. The reasons I state this is simple - nature and a supposedly average lower IQ among us. I will will want to put these few points down for us to seat back and think deep within us
1.We as black people tend not to have any standard or value system - Where is black lives matter? Why are they not protesting anymore. Well, the black lives matter will help you to understand what I mean by value system. What do we define as wrong in our societies. If an Igbo man is killed in the north, Igbos will rise and shout and some may even hold a 2 day protests (which will of course take a natural death within days) , we will then understand that killing is bad. We will shout for justice. All the shouting and protest have more to do with hatred of other ethnicity that committed the killing rather than justice for the victim. But when igbos kill themselves, of course it will degenerate to different sub-igbo group while people that are not connected keep shut. When you see black people protest on whites killing blacks, there would not be any
mention of thousands of black crimes against fellow black. We have seen these countless number of times. When the military went for Ipod, the rest of the country kept shut - of course we can justify anything. Now may be the turn of the Benue people, I can tell you that not many Igbos have empathy for their situation. What of us the so called Niger Delta people. How do we stand firm to justice and stick to our value system even when the outcome does not affect us. For societies like these, the people that are likely to benefit are the ones that act in a more animalistic or violent nature since civility only ends in front of television screens. Think of what happens when protests are called up. If we decide to protest against Buhari, you will be rest assured that it is going to be a sectional protest only in the South and vise versa. Do you remember the 2012 fuel subsidy protest against GEJ administration? Why are we no longer protesting.
2. Constantly denying a fact does not change the fact to falsehood - Have you noticed everything about black people sounds racist to us. We are always looking out for racist white people and we tend to deny any fact that is not in our favour. When you talk about civilization and the fact that there is not evidence of modern civilization in sub-Sahara Africa, you will only see people shouting on top of our voices of how white people destroyed our civilization. How we built Egypt bla bla bla. Have we thought within ourselves if we were able to build Egyptian civilization, why are we not able to replicate any across the Sahara.
3. Have you noticed that after white people left us after independence, we are just nose-diving. Think of the products of western influence in Nigeria - Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, Chukwuememeka Ike and many more product of University of Ibadan of Old (part of University of London), prestigious government college Umuahia and many much more. What sort of people are we producing today that black people are in charge. All you see are touts that are rich and controlling wealth they don't know what to do about it. No innovation whatsoever. Today, you hear of Asari Dokubo, billionare Ayari Emani, Babangida, Alikija, etc. If you ask what do these people do, you can't point anything except that they reaped from government. All we do is to support them because we might be gaining temporarily.
I even get tired of looking at facebook feed these days. Everything about their facebook post is either sex, marriage or religion. You only see idiots posting comedy all focusing on sex or one silly media person asking people questions about sex and the position that suits them and then we laugh and have fun. If not that, we get to see people dancing. That is all we can do. You hardly see anything beneficial to our society that are posted. How many black people have you seen delivering University level academic lectures on youtube even though there are millions of these lecture video on youtube ( I have only seen 1). My dear colleagues, we have a lot facing us as a people.

I love this piece,but I do not agree with your views a 100percent the reason being that some clever and very organized people have emerged from this black stereotype.You need to read about the Moors who conquered Europe. Spain comes to mind. The Moors are regarded as the Berbers a group dominated with the presence of black skin and fits into the description of the Zanj tribe in the Arab scholars narrative. You will be impressed by what the Black skin can do. They are direct ancestors of the Somalian race and inhabited the region called Maghreb
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2018
irahub:

My brother, you must be very delusional to think that what differentiates you from a white man or an Asian (Chinese, Japanese and Koreans) is just skin color. You know you are just telling yourself lies. Even though sciences have not yet found any biological basis for race, evidence and what you see around you should tell you that there must be a difference. Have you sat down to think about the advances that white people pioneered. Have you delved into quantum chemistry/physics and the building block of the universe and see how they have developed working theories for the universe. When you jump into an aircraft, have you just sat down to think of its mechanisms and what our people contributed to its making. A chimpanze and human share about 99% of genes but even at that, a chimp is not human. I do not want to keep writing. I will only write some of the quotes about black people. Of course we have to call the originators of all these quotes racists.

"My research leads me inescapably to the opinion that the major cause of the American Negro's intellectual and social deficits is hereditary and racial genetic in origin and thus not remediable to a major degree by practical improvements in environment".
...William Shockley (Nobel prize winner)
When it comes to transistors, the name William Shockley is familiar - he first invented it. And you will argue he is racist and hates black people.

Similar quotes are attributed to James Watson (another nobel prize winner) who unraveled the DNA. You think there is no little sense in what they are saying. It is simple, we have to call them racists so that we don't face the arguments. Perhaps, you need to go through these quotes about black people (referred to as Zanj) based on the writings of Arabs in medieval times.

"As for the Zanj, they are people of black color, flat noses, kinky hair, and little understanding or intelligence."

"We know that the Zanj (blacks) are the least intelligent and the least discerning of mankind, and the least capable of understanding the consequences of actions." Jahiz (d. 868 AD), Kitab al-Bukhala'

"Like the crow among mankind are the Zanj for they are the worst of men and the most vicious of creatures in character and temperament." Jahiz, Kitab al-Hayawan, vol. 2

"[inhabitants of sub-Saharan African countries] are people distant from the standards of humanity" "Their nature is that of wild animals...." Persian geography Hudud al-`alam, 982 AD

"They [the Shu`ubiyya] maintain that eloquence is prized by all people at all times -- even the Zanj, despite their dimness, their boundless stupidity, their obtuseness, their crude perceptions and their evil dispositions, make long speeches." Jahiz, Al-Bayan wa`l-tabyin, vol. 3

"Galen says that merriment dominates the black man because of his defective brain, whence also the weakness of his intelligence." Mas`udi (d. 956 AD), Muruj al-dhahab

"As regards southern countries, all their inhabitants are black on account of the heat of their climate... Most of them go naked... In all their lands and provinces, gold is found.... They are people distant from the standards of humanity." Hudud al-`Alam, Persian geography, 982 AD

"The Zanj are so uncivilized that they have no notion of a natural death. If a man dies a natural death, they think he was poisoned. Every death is suspicious with them, if a man has not been killed by a weapon." Abu Rayhan al-Biruni, India, 1030 AD

About the Zanj: "Their nature is that of wild animals. They are extremely black." About the Sudan: "Among themselves there are people who steal each other's children and sell them to the merchants when the latter arrive." Hudud al-`Alam, 982 AD

"If (all types of men) are taken, from the first, and one placed after another, like the Negro from Zanzibar, in the Southern-most countries, the Negro does not differ from an animal in anything except the fact that his hands have been lifted from the earth,--in no other peculiarity or property,--except for what God wished. Many have seen that the ape is more capable of being trained than the Negro, and more intelligent." Philosopher-theologian Nasir al-Din Tusi (1201-74), Tasawwurat

"Therefore, the Negro nation are, as a rule, submissive to slavery, because [Negroes] have little [that is essentially] human and have attributes that are quite similar to those of dumb animals, as we have stated." Ibn Khaldun, Muqaddimah, 14th century AD

"A man of discernment said: The people of Iraq ... do not come out with something between blonde, buff and blanched coloring, such as the infants dropped from the wombs of the women of the Slavs and others of similar light complexion; nor are they overdone in the womb until they are burned, so that the child comes out something between black, murky, malodorous, stinking, and crinkly-haired, with uneven limbs, deficient minds, and depraved passions, such as the Zanj, the Somali, and other blacks who resemble them. The Iraqis are neither half-baked dough nor burned crust but between the two." ibn al-Faqih al-Hamadani, Mukhtasar Kitab al-Buldan, 903 AD

"beyond [known peoples of black West Africa] to the south there is no civilization in the proper sense. There are only humans who are closer to dumb animals than to rational beings. They live in thickets and caves, and eat herbs and unprepared grain. They frequently eat each other. They cannot be considered human beings." Ibn Khaldun, Muqaddimah

"[Blacks] are ugly and misshapen, because they live in a hot country." Ibn Qutayba (828-89 A.D.)

"The Zanj are slight-witted (kam 'aql), and God, most high, has created them stupid, ignorant, and foul (palid)." anonymous, Iskandarnamah, 1343 AD

@ Irahub I like your piece but you need to read more about the Moors ,who where characterised as predominantly black skinned with high level of intellectual capacity. They are direct ancestors of the Somali tribe that inhabited the Maghreb region and fits the description of the Zanj people in the Arab scholars narrative. This tribe is ruled Europe during the Medieval times,the Country Spain will attest to this.They were capable of organising an effective system of governance and effectively built massive structures, castles, edifices and proved to the White folks who were under their auspices that a black skin can deliver when ready and willing to. So yea,it's just to add up to your narrative the little bits missing. Your narrative can fit the description of some blacks or rather most blacks but not all.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by xenaaa: 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2018
irahub:

My brother, you must be very delusional to think that what differentiates you from a white man or an Asian (Chinese, Japanese and Koreans) is just skin color. You know you are just telling yourself lies. Even though sciences have not yet found any biological basis for race, evidence and what you see around you should tell you that there must be a difference. Have you sat down to think about the advances that white people pioneered. Have you delved into quantum chemistry/physics and the building block of the universe and see how they have developed working theories for the universe. When you jump into an aircraft, have you just sat down to think of its mechanisms and what our people contributed to its making. A chimpanze and human share about 99% of genes but even at that, a chimp is not human. I do not want to keep writing. I will only write some of the quotes about black people. Of course we have to call the originators of all these quotes racists.

"My research leads me inescapably to the opinion that the major cause of the American Negro's intellectual and social deficits is hereditary and racial genetic in origin and thus not remediable to a major degree by practical improvements in environment".
...William Shockley (Nobel prize winner)
When it comes to transistors, the name William Shockley is familiar - he first invented it. And you will argue he is racist and hates black people.

Similar quotes are attributed to James Watson (another nobel prize winner) who unraveled the DNA. You think there is no little sense in what they are saying. It is simple, we have to call them racists so that we don't face the arguments. Perhaps, you need to go through these quotes about black people (referred to as Zanj) based on the writings of Arabs in medieval times.

"As for the Zanj, they are people of black color, flat noses, kinky hair, and little understanding or intelligence."

"We know that the Zanj (blacks) are the least intelligent and the least discerning of mankind, and the least capable of understanding the consequences of actions." Jahiz (d. 868 AD), Kitab al-Bukhala'

"Like the crow among mankind are the Zanj for they are the worst of men and the most vicious of creatures in character and temperament." Jahiz, Kitab al-Hayawan, vol. 2

"[inhabitants of sub-Saharan African countries] are people distant from the standards of humanity" "Their nature is that of wild animals...." Persian geography Hudud al-`alam, 982 AD

"They [the Shu`ubiyya] maintain that eloquence is prized by all people at all times -- even the Zanj, despite their dimness, their boundless stupidity, their obtuseness, their crude perceptions and their evil dispositions, make long speeches." Jahiz, Al-Bayan wa`l-tabyin, vol. 3

"Galen says that merriment dominates the black man because of his defective brain, whence also the weakness of his intelligence." Mas`udi (d. 956 AD), Muruj al-dhahab

"As regards southern countries, all their inhabitants are black on account of the heat of their climate... Most of them go naked... In all their lands and provinces, gold is found.... They are people distant from the standards of humanity." Hudud al-`Alam, Persian geography, 982 AD

"The Zanj are so uncivilized that they have no notion of a natural death. If a man dies a natural death, they think he was poisoned. Every death is suspicious with them, if a man has not been killed by a weapon." Abu Rayhan al-Biruni, India, 1030 AD

About the Zanj: "Their nature is that of wild animals. They are extremely black." About the Sudan: "Among themselves there are people who steal each other's children and sell them to the merchants when the latter arrive." Hudud al-`Alam, 982 AD

"If (all types of men) are taken, from the first, and one placed after another, like the Negro from Zanzibar, in the Southern-most countries, the Negro does not differ from an animal in anything except the fact that his hands have been lifted from the earth,--in no other peculiarity or property,--except for what God wished. Many have seen that the ape is more capable of being trained than the Negro, and more intelligent." Philosopher-theologian Nasir al-Din Tusi (1201-74), Tasawwurat

"Therefore, the Negro nation are, as a rule, submissive to slavery, because [Negroes] have little [that is essentially] human and have attributes that are quite similar to those of dumb animals, as we have stated." Ibn Khaldun, Muqaddimah, 14th century AD

"A man of discernment said: The people of Iraq ... do not come out with something between blonde, buff and blanched coloring, such as the infants dropped from the wombs of the women of the Slavs and others of similar light complexion; nor are they overdone in the womb until they are burned, so that the child comes out something between black, murky, malodorous, stinking, and crinkly-haired, with uneven limbs, deficient minds, and depraved passions, such as the Zanj, the Somali, and other blacks who resemble them. The Iraqis are neither half-baked dough nor burned crust but between the two." ibn al-Faqih al-Hamadani, Mukhtasar Kitab al-Buldan, 903 AD

"beyond [known peoples of black West Africa] to the south there is no civilization in the proper sense. There are only humans who are closer to dumb animals than to rational beings. They live in thickets and caves, and eat herbs and unprepared grain. They frequently eat each other. They cannot be considered human beings." Ibn Khaldun, Muqaddimah

"[Blacks] are ugly and misshapen, because they live in a hot country." Ibn Qutayba (828-89 A.D.)

"The Zanj are slight-witted (kam 'aql), and God, most high, has created them stupid, ignorant, and foul (palid)." anonymous, Iskandarnamah, 1343 AD

So you read these 14th century studies and bought them because they are confirmations to what you see in you and around you ok I get it.

Scholars and smart people question studies and theories. Even better, some try to find answers and solutions NOT resign and blame their nature.

I don't care how well you have managed to convince yourself that your nature is disadvantaged, whatever is wrong with Nigeria is learned and can be unlearned.

And you u wrote "my brother" didn't even pause to think I might be a lady... Hmmmmmm, sisters post here too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (105) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.