Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,032 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (300846 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
What is the essence of a research without recommendations for solutions to the issues.

Pls enough of the grammatical jargons. A pratical situation is before us and we need solutions not quoting of mediaval theories that hold no grounds.

SOLUTION, SOLUTION, SOLUTION YE ERUDITE SCHOLARS!!!
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 7:50pm On Jan 09, 2018
I’ve started hearing news of payments, this evening.
Please when you get yours, don’t forget to share, so that others can have hope. Especially as the release of the list is also tied to settlement of outstanding debt.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2018
ladybug2:

The latest I've heard is that payments have been authorised and the delay is from CBN. Please, can anyone verify this as well? And how long does it take CBN to process such transactions? I will keep bombarding NDDC higher-ups until I hear from them directly because as much as I want to believe this, it is still hearsay. The coordinator told me 2-3 weeks - that was since December 18th. Let's wait and see.

Have you been paid?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 09, 2018
Rejoice...Alerts have started rolling in as at 2 hrs ago...

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 10:14pm On Jan 09, 2018
agongajoseph:
Rejoice...Alerts have started rolling in as at 2 hrs ago...
I don’t think the choice of the word “Rejoice” is appropriate considering the delay.
Information I have is that everyone should expect payment between now and end of next week.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by kilmix: 10:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
ladybug2:

The latest I've heard is that payments have been authorised and the delay is from CBN. Please, can anyone verify this as well? And how long does it take CBN to process such transactions? I will keep bombarding NDDC higher-ups until I hear from them directly because as much as I want to believe this, it is still hearsay. The coordinator told me 2-3 weeks - that was since December 18th. Let's wait and see.

Respond if you've gotten alert let us the 2017 scholars begin our agitation.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 09, 2018
Nuel1647:

I don’t think the choice of the word “Rejoice” is appropriate considering the delay.
Information I have is that everyone should expect payment between now and end of next week.
Jeez.....why is dat?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 10:47pm On Jan 09, 2018
Good Good if this is true. Pls Owed Scholars kindly notify as u get credited so we can forge ahead cos there's no time. Thank You.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 11:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
dannysugar:
Good Good if this is true. Pls Owed Scholars kindly notify as u get credited so we can forge ahead cos there's no time. Thank You.

Some have confirmed it.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 12:03am On Jan 10, 2018
Nuel1647:

Have you been paid?

Still waiting. Will definitely inform the house as soon as I get paid.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 6:47am On Jan 10, 2018
Who are those that have been paid?
Cause it seems no one here has received any payment.
As much as I hope it's true, are we sure payments have started rolling in?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 9:03am On Jan 10, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4279290/apply-2018-2019-ptdf-scholarship.

PTDF scholarship is out for fresh applications! NDDC is still learning
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 9:35am On Jan 10, 2018
CSmooth:
Who are those that have been paid?
Cause it seems no one here has received any payment.
As much as I hope it's true, are we sure payments have started rolling in?
We will know the extent of payments by next week. So far, only an insignificant number of scholars have received payments. Something like that happened last year when only 32 people out of 220 scholars were paid.
Let’s keep observing.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 12:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
This is what they turned 2017 scholars to.

There is God ooooo

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
adayola:

There is God ooooo

My guy be tenacious. We shall all prevail. It is sad that we have to urge them to comply. Good to hear that payments have begun,lets continue till all are paid and list published

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 2:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
adayola:

There is God ooooo

I suggest you call them directly. The number(s) on their website was working this morning.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
irahub:

Lol. That is the typical mentality I had expected you and I to have. Because it is in our nature. Look at your words, " bet you, they won't do this with the ND militants because they are very much aware of the repercussions". Yeah! That is the only language that is understood in the animal world. Courts and justice system are not needed as long as you have wild animals as pawns such as fulani herdsmen. Kill!, fight!, destroy!, blood!, disease and guns. Any other thing?

You mentioned something about "hackers, social media influencers (sic) or intellectuals", I just laugh in Latin. What will those people do. Do you use intellectuals to talk to a lion in a jungle and convince the lion not to eat you up. Beside, who are the hackers? Where were they trained? What power will they use to keep their system on in order to "hack" in Nigeria. Do you think that going to one of those institutions of kinsmen we call Universities and study computer science for 4 years on a blackboard will make you become a hacker or intellectual. You are just a joker.

Hahaha. I like this guy! Actually there is a biological basis for black retrogression but the white man won't say this in the modern world because of the rascist dust it would raise! However, there are very few of us that are aware and was lucky to have a better brain. People like Obafemi Awolowo and early Nationalists come to mind!

The few of us must install order, create organisation, lead the country, give our lives for our country and not give up.

One thing is clear: we don't have natural instinct to build, for fairness, justice and science. At best, we can learn. So our task is to teach others to learn

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 5:02pm On Jan 10, 2018
irahub:

Lol. That is the typical mentality I had expected you and I to have. Because it is in our nature. Look at your words, " bet you, they won't do this with the ND militants because they are very much aware of the repercussions". Yeah! That is the only language that is understood in the animal world. Courts and justice system are not needed as long as you have wild animals as pawns such as fulani herdsmen. Kill!, fight!, destroy!, blood!, disease and guns. Any other thing?

You mentioned something about "hackers, social media influencers (sic) or intellectuals", I just laugh in Latin. What will those people do. Do you use intellectuals to talk to a lion in a jungle and convince the lion not to eat you up. Beside, who are the hackers? Where were they trained? What power will they use to keep their system on in order to "hack" in Nigeria. Do you think that going to one of those institutions of kinsmen we call Universities and study computer science for 4 years on a blackboard will make you become a hacker or intellectual. You are just a joker.

No wonder we are still where we are as a nation. For as a nation is, so are its people. We are the problems Nigeria is facing.

Obviously, some of us are comfortable with the status quo and the reasons are not far fetched.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by pbayagbon: 7:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
now we have heard alerts are rolling in and not 1 scholar on this platform can confirm by prolly showing us proof of payment
what happens if only 20 people get paid?

all d grammatical abracadabra about how intellectually empty the black man is have been said yet no credible solution?
you may not get justice in this part of the world but what I know about lawsuit based on experience that I once worked in a law firm is that people sue for the most insane things even in Nigeria.
it may not work but it will send shivers if properly handled that NDDC scholars sued the people that has cheated them over and over again.
do you know you can sue both present NDDC board, MNDA and even the past NDDC board members that sent you into limbo in a foreign land.
justice may not come but if scholars drag the issue even if it means an appeal and refuse to backdown even up.
we'll make frontpage for the world to see
besides there are lawyers that will accept such cases for the publicity it brings them and at very little cost too.
enuf said since God knows when
wise up Black man ...wise up

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 9:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
pbayagbon:
now we have heard alerts are rolling in and not 1 scholar on this platform can confirm by prolly showing us proof of payment

all d grammatical abracadabra about how intellectually empty the black man is have been said yet no credible solution?
you may not get justice in this part of the world but what I know about lawsuit based on experience that I once worked in a law firm is that people sue for the most insane things even in Nigeria.
it may not work but it will send shivers if properly handled that NDDC scholars sued the people that has cheated them over and over again.
do you know you can sue both present NDDC board, MNDA and even the past NDDC board members that sent you into limbo in a foreign land.
justice may not come but if scholars drag the issue even if it means an appeal and refuse to backdown even up.
besides there are lawyers that will accept such cases for the publicity it brings them and at very little cost too.

Well said and I totally agree with you because I will definitely take legal action if they have decided to play us as they did last time. For the benefit of doubt I am willing to give it until next week and if nothing happens, God knows they won't find it funny. Tomorrow I will email the coordinator and demand explanations as to how exactly the payments are being issued out.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
pbayagbon:

I have no notice of payment. I can check real time when it comes. I cannot verify if anyone had received payment. You make a valid point. Lawsuit is very effective in redressing wrongdoing. Again, Nigerians just have aversion for it. I know of a graduate student who sued a Nigeria University for keeping him for 4 years for a two years programme he was doing and how they have ruined his finances, time and career. He was awarded 5million naira for the delay by the court against his institution.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 11:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
ladybug2:

Well said and I totally agree with you because I will definitely take legal action if they have decided to play us as they did last time. For the benefit of doubt I am willing to give it until next week and if nothing happens, God knows they won't find it funny. Tomorrow I will email the coordinator and demand explanations as to how exactly the payments are being issued out.

Well I will encourage you to go ahead and email them. But information I got said some scholars details were incorrect and so they were sent back to our “competent” NDDC for verification/correction. But for this imbroglio, everyone would have been paid between yesterday evening and at most two days (depending on your foreign bank).

I also know that only one outstanding fee was paid (for all the people I know who got paid), despite the fact that the second/third year fee is also due. It is not sounding like there is a solid commitment to clear “outstanding debts”, will they have to wait till next year before payment for the current year is made?

One would have expected NDDC to settle both fees at the same time, maybe they are yet to receive the invoices for payment of the second or third year fee.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by knicks231: 6:25am On Jan 11, 2018
some scholars have been paid $30k (tutition and upkeep) expect for some still yet to receive. have received mine in UK

4 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 7:56am On Jan 11, 2018
Nuel1647:

Well I will encourage you to go ahead and email them. But information I got said some scholars details were incorrect and so they were sent back to our “competent” NDDC for verification/correction. But for this imbroglio, everyone would have been paid between yesterday evening and at most two days (depending on your foreign bank).

I also know that only one outstanding fee was paid (for all the people I know who got paid), despite the fact that the second/third year fee is also due. It is not sounding like there is a solid commitment to clear “outstanding debts”, will they have to wait till next year before payment for the current year is made?

One would have expected NDDC to settle both fees at the same time, maybe they are yet to receive the invoices for payment of the second or third year fee.

I have submitted both second and third year invoices to NDDC via scholarship coordinator so she in particular is very aware of my situation as my school has been on my case for unpaid debts. In September (2017), she emailed me to request for my personal and school bank address which I provided so I will really be pissed if for any reason I don't receive my dues cos they did this April Fool to us last year March. I have sent her an email as we speak to clarify.

I hope they pay both cos I have submitted all the invoices. Whatever the case, I will inform the house as soon as account gets credited in real time, God willing.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 8:43am On Jan 11, 2018
ladybug2:

I have submitted both second and third year invoices to NDDC via scholarship coordinator so she in particular is very aware of my situation as my school has been on my case for unpaid debts. In September (2017), she emailed me to request for my personal and school bank address which I provided so I will really be pissed if for any reason I don't receive my dues cos they did this April Fool to us last year March. I have sent her an email as we speak to clarify.

I hope they pay both cos I have submitted all the invoices. Whatever the case, I will inform the house as soon as account gets credited in real time, God willing.

I just checked my school account and found I have been paid. Whereas I have two sessions outstanding, only one session was paid for. Just letting you to know there is truth about received payment. I am hoping you receive yours today. Mine is in the United State anyway so it might be due to country difference. However it is good you constantly remind them as anything goes with this commission. Like you, I would be sending email for the second tuition. Without it, I am still in the wood.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 9:17am On Jan 11, 2018
irahub:

What animal is worst than this. Domestic animals are even friendly and loving while wild animals could be tame. This one went to military training to be foolish, wayward, retrogressive, inhumane and animalistic: Check out the thread. I am afraid for my people

https://www.nairaland.com/4282272/beautiful-man-compliments-female-soldier
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 10:32am On Jan 11, 2018
Mayflowa:

I just checked my school account and found I have been paid. Whereas I have two sessions outstanding, only one session was paid for. Just letting you to know there is truth about received payment. I am hoping you receive yours today. Mine is in the United State anyway so it might be due to country difference. However it is good you constantly remind them as anything goes with this commission. Like you, I would be sending email for the second tuition. Without it, I am still in the wood.

Thank you for letting us know. Yes, you are right country difference could be a factor (I am in the UK). I am still waiting and hoping. If you don't mind my asking, are you 2015 set? I need to be sure they are dealing with all scholars and not just 2016 set. I am 2015 and I owe two session's tuition. It is sad they have only settled one and as soon as I receive mine I will have to chase them again for the final session or all my hard work here will be futile.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by kilmix: 11:12am On Jan 11, 2018
Nigerdcritics

Plz any info on the 2017 list?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 2:38pm On Jan 11, 2018
ladybug2:

Thank you for letting us know. Yes, you are right country difference could be a factor (I am in the UK). I am still waiting and hoping. If you don't mind my asking, are you 2015 set? I need to be sure they are dealing with all scholars and not just 2016 set. I am 2015 and I owe two session's tuition. It is sad they have only settled one and as soon as I receive mine I will have to chase them again for the final session or all my hard work here will be futile.

Actually I am 2014 scholar but had my letter changed to 2015
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
Mayflowa:

Actually I am 2014 scholar but had my letter changed to 2015

Okay thank you.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
Abc

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (105) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.