Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,533 members, 7,819,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? (4428 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by amencarmen: 6:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
biz2get:
First Off...

How old is this wife off yours.
?

Truth is.. You Married A Werey!!!! Called Wife.

I don't want to start Pointing Out All The Wrongs Right now bcus we dont know the other side of the story.

But If I was in your shoes...

I WILL OBSERVE CLOSELY AND KEEP CALM.

I WILL WORK ON MY ON LIFE AS A MATTER OF FACT. (Bring back the Things That Attracted Her To You Before Marriage)

From there. You would know what todo.

Shes 29. And there is no other side to any story, everything that I said here is the truth and nothing but the truth. And there is nothing as such as what attracted us together, she got pregnant for me in the time frame of 3 weeks, I told my family that I dont know her much,but they insisted that I marry her becoz i wont like the same fate to befall my own daughter in the future.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by LePrezident(m): 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
Ô.P sorry but you fvvvck uuuup... you should never have called the guy. That was a very serious sign of weakness and insecurity. That's where you lost it. It showed your wife that you were scared of the guy's ability to whisk her away from you.

See, I've had similar experience of a gf of mine (now ex) who I snatched from a guy. When my gf then broke the news to the guy that she's moved on to me, the guy managed to get my number and called me. I just replied him coldly and told him to call me back later cos I was busy working... That move there was the final nail that sealed the coffin, that was how my gf then made up her mind that the guy was not man enough. I have had other occasions where a gf will receive a call from a guy and ask me to speak to the guy cos the guy is disturbing her, I blatantly refused and asked her to solve her own issues with the guy.

I think you should have just simply given your wife an option, either her marriage or the guy and just keep mute about it and take needed action.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Homeboiy: 7:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
Op ur wife is a Nigerian, whether ur dating or ur married to a Nigerian girl, its synonymous to heart attack

I once tracked my gf's call, found out many things, my heart was heavy n i had to undo wat i did

unistall the app, act like u dont care for the moment

Fake calls to girls or better find a side chick(sex might nt be involved) make her put pressur on ur wife

Her brain will come back

or the best one is for u to plant Magun on her
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Fourwinds: 7:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
luscioustrish:

I know...it's frustrating.
d wife is already cheating...no two ways about it...

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Fourwinds: 7:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
LePrezident:
Ô.P sorry but you fvvvck uuuup... you should never have called the guy. That was a very serious sign of weakness and insecurity. That's where you lost it. It showed your wife that you were scared of the guys ability to whisk her away from you.

See, I've had similar experience of a gf of mine (now ex) who I snatched from a guy. When my gf then broke the news to the guy that she's moved on to me, the guy managed to get my number and called me. I just replied him coldly and told him to call me back later cos I was busy working... That move there was the final nail that sealed the coffin, that was how my gf then made up her mind that the guy was not mam enough. I have had other occasions where a gf will receive a call from a guy and ask me to speak to the guy cos the guy is disturbing her, I blatantly refuse and ask her to solve her own issues with the guy.

I think you should have just simply given your wife an option, either her marriage or the guy and just keep mute about it and take needed action.
I like ur method...to be sincere if I'm in such situation.., I will be very rutless with my decision....God knows my heart...I hate nonsense

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Fourwinds: 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
Aderola15:
Fvckin long.

Your wife sure doesn't respect you and once that is outta of any relationship, other vices drop in.

Like what responsible woman degrades her husband while talking to another guy? Does she think the other guy would value her? Guys aren't dumb. If you would happily disregard the father of your kids, how much more a side Nigga? Dayo will dump you after gbenshing... angry

Uncle, I'm very sure you don't trust her anymore and your ego has been seriously bruised with her choice of words. What's a relationship without trust let alone marriage? I'm trying not to suggest divorce but Iyawo alagbere ti ko ba pa ara e, a pa oko. lipsrsealed

Why get married when you know you ain't done messing around?
hmmmm.....I like what u wrote here... I'm always for d truth
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Fourwinds: 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
amencarmen:
I am currently down with depression from betrayal and degrading. I am looking for solution, cos at this juncture, I am actually very tired.
OP u need not trouble ur mind for ur health sake..it is a difficult decision u must make.....tell her to chose between u and dat guy...pls don't delete dat conversation she had with dat guy...keep it and watch ur children grow...for me if a woman is too sturborn to live under man den divoice is inevitable...dat convo will be ur witness when children ask u y u divoice their mother in d near future..
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by biz2get(m): 7:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
amencarmen:

Shes 29. And there is no other side to any story, everything that I said here is the truth and nothing but the truth. And there is nothing as such as what attracted us together, she got pregnant for me in the time frame of 3 weeks, I told my family that I dont know her much,but they insisted that I marry her becoz i wont like the same fate to befall my own daughter in the future.

Then My Assertions is Correct.

You Married A Werey Called Wife.

But I am amazed you both have 2kids.wonderful!

If all you wrote up there is the only story..

Then I must tell you this.

You need to bring your wife to the table.

And

GIVE HER THE BREAK DOWN OF THE CONSEQUENCES OF HER ACTIONS.

IF SHE DOESN'T ADHERE TO THE DETAILS YOU TELL HER.

THEN

SHE CAN GOTO HER PARENTS HOUSE AND BE CALLING THE OTHER GUY AND BE ASKING HIM "WHAT'S UP WHAT'S GOING ON" angry angry

Trust me. You don't want to be around anything or anybody that doesn't make you feel happy as a MAN.

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by serenegroup(m): 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
I feel for you brother. you are in a very depressing dilemma at this period. for your wife to replace the word husband with the word guy in her conversation shows a deep level of disrespect your wife has toward you. prayr to God for solutions and consult your pastor and her parents and equally someone she looks up to especially a respected female figure that can talk sense to her. she is really threading on a dangerous lane that will end badly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by LePrezident(m): 8:00pm On Apr 28, 2017
amencarmen:

Wait, how does a lady cofirm that she's pregnant in the space of 3 weeks, man I'm sorry but this does not sound right. From the biology I know and the several doctors I'm related to, a lady cannot categorically be sure of her pregnancy in less than 4 weeks or more... hmm!
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by yomi007k(m): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
Alphamale2017:

that ur last 2 lines is soo true. op take a drastic action now
. bring her before her parents and submit ur evidence .

u can't be a rag in ur own marriage .

see if ur wife can emotionally cheat on u, forget it, she will have sex with him . I swear . I swear . this is emotional cheating . u are isolated in ur own marriage . as it stands, she has more respect for the guy than u. simple

U r wise.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
oga u made a WRONG move with d 2nd buggin,if she's is going to cheat on u she's gonna be very careful.but she aint so keep ur mind at rest.u should work on ur marriage u have trust issues to sort out.apologize,4get d matter.but if she later cheats u would know.4get d oda guy,u're d one married to her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Missmossy(f): 8:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
You both can mend things and try to do more yourself, an average lady/woman craves attention i guess she isn't getting enough from you. It gives no room for infidelity though but first things first play your role properly.

She should be more sensible though, she isn't a teen. Above all communication is key. You both should always talk out your issues. She herself won't know when she would tell you things she considers secretive to herself. In the long run it would definitely get better.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by SafeDavid(m): 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
I honestly don't see any reason for your fears and I believe your'e insecured and your insecurities even manifests in your dreams.

The ball is inn your court anyways, you eaither set her straight with so.e rules about a king and keeping friends or you know the rest.

By the way, I think it's best if couples keep mutual friends that bother partners are comfortable with since it is inevitably not to keep friends of the opposite sex. Just be sure your partner is comfortable with them.

#Shikena
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by UIA04(f): 9:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
Aderola15:
Fvckin long.

Your wife sure doesn't respect you and once that is outta of any relationship, other vices drop in.

Like what responsible woman degrades her husband while talking to another guy? Does she think the other guy would value her? Guys aren't dumb. If you would happily disregard the father of your kids, how much more a side Nigga? Dayo will dump you after gbenshing... angry

Uncle, I'm very sure you don't trust her anymore and your ego has been seriously bruised with her choice of words. What's a relationship without trust let alone marriage? I'm trying not to suggest divorce but Iyawo alagbere ti ko ba pa ara e, a pa oko. lipsrsealed

Why get married when you know you ain't done messing around?

@amencarmen I think the second paragraph of this post says it all sit her down and tell her or let her parents do the telling
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by crystalclear93(f): 10:53pm On Apr 28, 2017
LePrezident:

But heels and shoes ain't the same hope you know tongue

Lol..all na for leg cheesy lemme joor tongue
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by LePrezident(m): 10:57pm On Apr 28, 2017
crystalclear93:

Lol..all na for leg cheesy lemme joor tongue

Lol ok o
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by TheAziz: 7:03am On Apr 29, 2017
so sad tho, how about you take her on a date and talk about it, just try to reignite her feelings for you, communication is key.
p.s. If it were you girlfriend, I'd tell you to leave her
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 29, 2017
LePrezident:

Wait, how does a lady cofirm that she's pregnant in the space of 3 weeks, man I'm sorry but this does not sound right. From the biology I know and the several doctors I'm related to, a lady cannot categorically be sure of her pregnancy in less than 4 weeks or more... hmm!

Oya, Bros, swerve! Don't open another can of worms in OP's marriage; I beg you.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by amencarmen: 8:43am On Apr 29, 2017
LePrezident:
Ô.P sorry but you fvvvck uuuup... you should never have called the guy. That was a very serious sign of weakness and insecurity. That's where you lost it. It showed your wife that you were scared of the guy's ability to whisk her away from you.

See, I've had similar experience of a gf of mine (now ex) who I snatched from a guy. When my gf then broke the news to the guy that she's moved on to me, the guy managed to get my number and called me. I just replied him coldly and told him to call me back later cos I was busy working... That move there was the final nail that sealed the coffin, that was how my gf then made up her mind that the guy was not man enough. I have had other occasions where a gf will receive a call from a guy and ask me to speak to the guy cos the guy is disturbing her, I blatantly refused and asked her to solve her own issues with the guy.

I sincerely disagree with you on this, even my wife knows I dont do such things, the days where i caught her saving her ex bf number as another name and figured out they were talking, I never for once called him, i know the dangers that lies within such actions. But on this one, she knows and I evene told her am not spose do call her, but since she wont listen to me as shes the most stubborn and stone hearted woman I have ever met, I had no choice bt to step in myself. I know I had to do what I needed to do, saving my marriage cos of my kids is key here.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Doctorfitz: 9:03am On Apr 29, 2017
Buh how did you end up marrying this kinda woman. This behavior didn't start over night. It has always been there buh u never paid attention.. I'm sorry to burst your bubble buh in no distant time ur marriage will crash. Buh if you can retrace your steps, find out y she doesn't respect you. The key word is respect. She doesn't even respect her marriage cos let's assume the case was reversed how would she feel..... U picked the wrong woman that's all I can say.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 29, 2017
yomi007k:
Where there is no law there is no sin.

What is you and your woman's stand on infidelity?

I have an understanding with my woman that if I suspect she is cheating n I can prove it, den dts d end.
And vice versa.

Its not by force to be in a relationship.

This is already' emotional' cheating.

Exactly

Honestly OP your marriage foundation is a little loose and trust seems to be waning when you are married you guys need to keep your friends but also be respectful of your marriage and have clear set boundaries between your platonic friends. Bugging her is the height of control and her daring disregard is her reaction to the whole thing.

She is cheating emotionally and that's the worst of them all it's up to you continue living like big brother or find a wife you won't even have to monitor

She has access to your phone yes but did she go as far as bug it ? I don't think so you will alwaysknow when it's time to have a serous heart to heart with your spouse you might think other people know best but in marraige when you lurk you always find but when you focus on what God wants for you and not what you want life becomes clearer
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by LePrezident(m): 9:28am On Apr 29, 2017
amencarmen:

I sincerely disagree with you on this, even my wife knows I dont do such things, the days where i caught her saving her ex bf number as another name and figured out they were talking, I never for once called him, i know the dangers that lies within such actions. But on this one, she knows and I evene told her am not spose do call her, but since she wont listen to me as shes the most stubborn and stone hearted woman I have ever met, I had no choice bt to step in myself. I know I had to do what I needed to do, saving my marriage cos of my kids is key here.

OK.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by LePrezident(m): 9:29am On Apr 29, 2017
iamadonis2:

Oya, Bros, swerve! Don't open another can of worms in OP's marriage; I beg you.

Lol, but gentleman it is the truth. Science hardly lies... this is basic science. But who am I to say. None of my B.I
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by amencarmen: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2017
Homeboiy:
Op ur wife is a Nigerian, whether ur dating or ur married to a Nigerian girl, its synonymous to heart attack

I once tracked my gf's call, found out many things, my heart was heavy n i had to undo wat i did

unistall the app, act like u dont care for the moment

Fake calls to girls or better find a side chick(sex might nt be involved) make her put pressur on ur wife

Her brain will come back

or the best one is for u to plant Magun on her

I was glad that I installed the app in the first place, I dont need any further evidence to know I am married to the wrongest of all women. What you guys saying I should find a side chick dont know his, this woman is also temperamental, one that if any chance am speaking to any woman be it family or friend without any evidence, she concludes its a sie chick and decides to yell, sometimes threatens me with knife and wanting to harm me with it back.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Elbizzcklinz(m): 10:32am On Apr 29, 2017
Pls amencarmen, am interested in d app, what's the name.
Am nt married but my girlfriend has taught me a lot of good. Am nt using d app for her.

First u made a mistake by bugging ur wifes phone, yeah my gf told me that it is normal for a guy to pester a woman but what matters is hw d woman responds.

Her response shouldn't pose a threat to her relationship, infact she should object and wade it off.

Any male friend of your wife should be known to you, you dnt have to sneak to find out.

*Your wife disrespected u, yes cos u found out, aside from that has she ever pose as a threat to u?.

Most fundamental>u guys lacks communication. Why did i say so, it is wrong to wake ur wife at late hour for discussion.
CONCLUSION> You made a mistake by bugging her phone, she disrespects u via her convo.

SOLUTION>Build up communication and trust.
Never suspect your wife.
Apologise(it will wow her).
Take her out for a dinner/lunch.
Let her knw u trust her again.
Build up ur sexual& romantic life with her

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Elbizzcklinz(m): 10:52am On Apr 29, 2017
Cont'd
You and your should make out time to empty your mind.
say what ever u feel she does that hurts u, let her do same. UNDERSTAND AND RESOLVE IT, dnt explain or urgue.

Treat her like u just meet her.

Brother pls, when doing all this be romantically observant on hw she reciprocate, if she does fine, good. If she doesn't, dnt flare up, never beg a woman. Let her knw what u like and dnt like in male friendship,
Give her time Trust her and never suspect her.
i hv much to tell u. but use this approach first.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Elbizzcklinz(m): 10:53am On Apr 29, 2017
Modified.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Homeboiy: 10:59am On Apr 29, 2017
amencarmen:

I was glad that I installed the app in the first place, I dont need any further evidence to know I am married to the wrongest of all women. What you guys saying I should find a side chick dont know his, this woman is also temperamental, one that if any chance am speaking to any woman be it family or friend without any evidence, she concludes its a sie chick and decides to yell, sometimes threatens me with knife and wanting to harm me with it back.

Threaten u wit a knife to kill u, hmm maybe ur soft on her, dont beat her bt each tym she does anything stupid. Vibrate like u never ,threaten with a knife urselve, hold her head n tell her anytime she disrespects u, u will do somethin bad

In the absence of ur kids oo
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Elbizzcklinz(m): 11:07am On Apr 29, 2017
Comments below>
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by Elbizzcklinz(m): 11:08am On Apr 29, 2017
Op from your comments that i've read, YOU SAID U ARE MARRIED TO D WRONGEST OF ALL WOMEN.
Pls hw did u meet her, was she is ur gf, did u guys date and what was her behaviour during that period, Whats her ethinic?.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes? by paulpery: 11:16am On Apr 29, 2017
I played it and she was like, remember I told u once that u dont give me much attention, and I was like, remember I told u that I shoulder 95% of the family's responsibility, I am human and I cant be physically and mentally exhausted and still expect me to be 100% Romantic, I said time is just the issue here, that when the time comes when we are fully established, she'll be able to enjoy all that she wishes for, sex is good, we also use toys to spice up the sex life, so I feel I have been man enough to handle my home. This is a quote from your write up. Let me analyse it: 1.she complained you don't give her attention. 2.your explanation tally with the complaint. From the above, I fee you should give her more attention, more romantic than the guy. Your work should not take her place. Don't let the guy take your place so to speak.bcause if the guy is giving her more attention, and you do less, then she will pay attention to the guy. Let me tell you women need attention. They need to be pet. Be more romantic toward her. Then forget this monitoring thing. The more you monitor her, the less the trust. Men must talk to women, even married ones. She will be the person to say yes or no. Then avoid pride.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor caught sleeping with Church members wife runs out Naked / My Fiancée I Wanted To Jailed Last Month Attempted Committing Suicide / Can you tell what's happening here (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.