Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition (32134 Views)

Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die / Pastor Jean Pierre-Maywa Beaten By Seventh Day Adventist Church Members In Kenya / Thunder Lightning Strikes At Rwanda Seventh-Day Adventist Church Kills 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 30, 2017
Expected....prophecy unfolding.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by k9ine(m): 8:00pm On Apr 30, 2017
Why the restriction, are you averse to religion?
Would you also restrict political activities to offices of political parties, labour union activities to their offices or union headquaters?
It's evident you are against lawful assembly of any and all religious faithfull.

mansakhalifa:
I see nothing wrong with the law from what I have read so far. As far as I am concerned,all religious activities should be restricted to places of worship e.g.churches,mosques. I would implement a similar law here in Nigeria if I had my way.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by romioray: 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

If christianity were true, why would evangelism even be necessary? God could just beam the knowledge of christianity directly into everyone's heads, or at very least talk to them like he talked to Paul or the prophets. Hell, instead of running off to heaven and never being seen again, the risen Jesus could just travel the world proclaiming the truth of his resurrection and performing miracles to prove it. It's not like he has anything better to do.

Why would an all powerful god need flawed, ignorant humans to communicate his message, especially when that message is the most important thing a human being could possibly know?

From the way you sound you are NOT a Christian. Even though you don't believe in Jesus Christ, I believe your religion talk about God and the creation.

You sound like someone who would ask God; Why did you put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden of Eden? Why did you command Adam and Eve not to partake of the fruit of that tree? after all, all that you created are good!! Why didn't you create all human beings at once and people them on earth and all having perfection instead of passing all the rest through birth? You may even ask, why can't he create and place you in celestial heavens forever instead of an earth where there is suffering and sorrow?

My dear, It is true Jesus Christ died for you, me and everyone irrespective of his religious affiliation. His Grace is for everyone who would claim it. His teachings are true. His church is divine and provides a pathway to salvation and exaltation. We are to walk by faith and not by sight.

Even if Jesus Christ appears to many and show them the nail prints in His hands, feet and side today and ascend in their presence to heaven, that cannot guarantee that all will live a holier life for the rest of their life. My brother, I bet you after some years many will have past feelings and dwindle in sin as if they never had such experience.

Should I plead with Christ to make such a remarkable event occur in Nigeria? I bet you that will not stop the political class to loot the country dry and increase crime rate. Lols!!!

Bro, blessed are those who do not see but believe. We are to walk by faith and not by sight. This is the only way we can grow to be like our Father in heaven. The experiences of our earth life are worthwhile. If we choose the good pathway God placed before us we will be crowned with eternal glory!! WALK BY FAITH AND NOT BY SIGHT PLEASE.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by TalkingBird: 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
It will eventual happen that UN will destroy false religion.

Rev. chap.17 Vs. 15-17

Rev. chap.18 Vs. 8-10

Could Russia be the testing ground?

Great tribulation is loading.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by paulpery: 8:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
The Russian Orthodox Church, a powerful Kremlin ally that has traditionally been hostile to minority faiths, has not been affected, and Orthodox officials have dismissed criticism of the law, saying it does not prevent believers from sharing their faith. Russia’s Muslims, who make up some 10 percent of the population, seem divided on the legislation, with regional muftis split on whether it’s a gross violation of human rights or a necessary step in the fight against Islamic extremism... see newsweek.com

1 Like

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by enimooko: 8:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

If christianity were true, why would evangelism even be necessary? God could just beam the knowledge of christianity directly into everyone's heads, or at very least talk to them like he talked to Paul or the prophets. Hell, instead of running off to heaven and never being seen again, the risen Jesus could just travel the world proclaiming the truth of his resurrection and performing miracles to prove it. It's not like he has anything better to do.

Why would an all powerful god need flawed, ignorant humans to communicate his message, especially when that message is the most important thing a human being could possibly know?
Creative reply. Just like NollyWood.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by enimooko: 9:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
BTW, this reveals the similarity of objective. Russian Orthodox Church = JWfacts.com = @paulGundy=HairyPussy =DumbBenny7= PsychedeliQ = Haters=Fighters-Against-God. Same results will occur. Loss

1 Like

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Goodnuel: 10:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
ahahnow:

Hope you know they hate black people. Mumu
Am not black grin grin

Foolish fool.. tongue tongue
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by EagleNest(m): 6:28am On May 01, 2017
I fail to understand how Jehovah Witness and 7th day Adventists all of a sudden became terrorist organisations in Russia and classed in the same category as ISIS.

Do they carry gun while preaching or throw bomb or by any other means kill in the name of God. Someone please help me understand.

I see Bible prophecy being fulfilled but I least expect it will come from Russia. Read between the lines.

1 Like

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Kfed4ril(m): 12:44pm On May 01, 2017
mansakhalifa:
I see nothing wrong with the law from what I have read so far. As far as I am concerned,all religious activities should be restricted to places of worship e.g.churches,mosques. I would implement a similar law here in Nigeria if I had my way.

And if you had your way you also stop mosque from using loud speakers that's disturbs.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by joyandfaith: 4:28pm On May 01, 2017
DonBenny77:
Jehovah's witnesses are extremists though the funny thing is that even some of their members don't know it.

if you have doubts just google.... Laws of jehovahs witness

you will marvel

they believe if u are not one of them you are an unbeliever

their rules are man made

they are like a fraternity

post is about adventist, you are talking about jehovah witnesses.

1 Like

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Jessicha(f): 5:38pm On May 01, 2017
joyandfaith:

post is about adventist, you are talking about jehovah witnesses.

well done Sir , has anyone confirmed this news as true . I dont trust Foxnews24.com that much

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele: Aso Rock Might “lose Another Special Aide" / Omega Power Ministries (OPM) Builds Free Hospital For All In Rivers State / Don’t Blame Buhari For Hunger In Nigeria – Fr. Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.