Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement (23864 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan: Why I’m Staying Away From Partisan Politics / Sowore Speaks: My Connection With Tinubu And Jonathan, Why I Hate PDP (VIDEO) / "Why I Will Serve For Only One Term" - Buhari (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Naruto87(m): 8:11am On Apr 29, 2017
its amazing how anybody can write a post on their website and everyone believes it.
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by deebsman1(m): 8:12am On Apr 29, 2017
Jona roforofo,let's hear word. A man who doesn't honors his words
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:14am On Apr 29, 2017
The more this man speaks the more I get irritated. It's too late to cry over spilled milk. U had every power at that time u decided not to use it. Now uare grumbling. Coming from a strong Jonathan supporter.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by emmyreelz(m): 8:14am On Apr 29, 2017
Do these people really think we are so interested in all these stories hmmm...I will just pass..
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Basic123: 8:14am On Apr 29, 2017
Babacele:
......this man just bungled a lifetime opportunity of ruling for 10 straight years if he had performed well given the enormous wealth that accrued to the nation that he couldn't translate to water,power, jobs, security etc for the people of this nation but left for all sorts of theives to steal.
Who cares if a bunch of old politheivchians got any pact or not if such does not mean better lives for the citizens? The masses and other political parties would have called the bluff of any useless pact if Gej had done well but Jona neither kept the mafian pact nor did he keep faith with the masses so he was given a bloody nose by a very large chunk of the Nigerian press,the commons and soldiers, some nobles and most importantly Gej's karma( Wike, PEJ, ffk, asari, PDP, Alison,Clark, 'stealing is not corruption', immigration fatal scandal,eponzi Iweala etc) in 2015.
I love this.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 29, 2017
greenermodels:
why make such a demand on him if not for the north's addiction to power? who made such requests from the born to rule Fulani herdsmen yardua and buhari?

Was thinking the same.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Basic123: 8:15am On Apr 29, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
His wife made him changed his mind
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by juman(m): 8:16am On Apr 29, 2017
Contesting for second term was his legitimate right.

There are many examples like that in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Aburi001: 8:18am On Apr 29, 2017
Nogodye:
You change you mind and we send you back to Otuoke...Ntor!
So Jona truly agreed to the one-term deal?

Hmmmmmm........Politics is truly a dirty game!
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by seguno2: 8:18am On Apr 29, 2017
ivandragon:
the comments & positions of GEJ as contained in the book further justifies the position of Nigerians to deny him a 2nd term.

its just too bad that PMB was chosen as the option. a classic case of frying pan to fire.

And the frying pan is better than the fire.
What should we do to those who pushed us into the fire, like Tinubu who was hoping for VP in order to position himself as Acting president and finally president when his sick Buhari would have exhausted himself.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by seguno2: 8:18am On Apr 29, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
His wife made him changed his mind

In the kitchen or in the other room?
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by lailo: 8:21am On Apr 29, 2017
“""""I had made a proposition for a single term of seven years. That was the context in which I spoke in Addis Ababa that if the idea was accepted, I would not run again. It was not in the context of a second term of four years."""

Oga ogogoro drinker,how can u propose A SINGLE TERM of 7 years and as well and make it look like you are giving a sacrifice of not running d second term.Are u to run for second term before?in a SINGLE TENURE of 7years

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by juman(m): 8:21am On Apr 29, 2017
Babacele:
......this man just bungled a lifetime opportunity of ruling for 10 straight years if he had performed well given the enormous wealth that accrued to the nation that he couldn't translate to water,power, jobs, security etc for the people of this nation but left for all sorts of theives to steal.
Who cares if a bunch of old politheivchians got any pact or not if such does not mean better lives for the citizens? The masses and other political parties would have called the bluff of any useless pact if Gej had done well but Jona neither kept the mafian pact nor did he keep faith with the masses so he was given a bloody nose by a very large chunk of the Nigerian press,the commons and soldiers, some nobles and most importantly Gej's karma( Wike, PEJ, ffk, asari, PDP, Alison,Clark, 'stealing is not corruption', immigration fatal scandal,eponzi Iweala etc) in 2015.

You are correct.
Despite unprecedented amount of money came into the country purse, the clueless one could not win.

He performed very badly.
He is a disgrace to common man on the street.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by danot1030: 8:23am On Apr 29, 2017
It was a big error that Jonathan was ever made to rule this country. A man that lacks integrity, it's just too unfortunate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by coolk(m): 8:23am On Apr 29, 2017
Jonathan said this. Jonathan did that.
Blaady liars. As if dem be Jonathan shadow, abi na him confidante.

This is begin to piss me off.
Seems the author has a media centre in Nairaland that are bombarding the forum with lies to ensure the book sells.
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by zoedew: 8:23am On Apr 29, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by seguno2: 8:24am On Apr 29, 2017
juman:
Contesting for second term was his legitimate right.

There are many examples like that in the country.

Obasanjo did exactly the same thing in 2003 and killed Atiku's ambition forever as a result of having to prostrate and beg him for support in exchange for his own support to Atiku in 2007. Obasanjo changed his mind on that also.
Fashola and Tinubu had a similar story in 2011 about whether Fashola agreed to do only one term or not and Muiz Banire was Tinubu's choice to replace him.
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by juman(m): 8:30am On Apr 29, 2017
danot1030:
It was a big error that Jonathan was ever made to rule this country. A man that lacks integrity, it's just too unfortunate.

Yeah.

Obasanjo brought and forced on nigeria a half dead yaradua and the clueless one as his vice.

One can see clearly why yoruba leaders rejected obasajo representing them as president.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by seguno2: 8:32am On Apr 29, 2017
danot1030:

Does Buhari have integrity?
A man who claims to be fighting corruption but has failed to publicly declare his assets as he voluntarily promised unlike Jonathan who did so alongside Yar'Adua?
A man who protects corrupt people and clears them before our senators. He has done so for Magu and Babachir Lawal.

https://www.nairaland.com/3590235/buhari-clears-sgf-babachir-lawal

Is Buratai no longer our COAS despite owning multi million dollar mansions in Dubai?
Many are fools but only few recognise their foolishness.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by juman(m): 8:33am On Apr 29, 2017
seguno2:

Obasanjo did exactly the same thing in 2003 and killed Atiku's ambition forever as a result of having to prostrate and beg him for support in exchange for his own support to Atiku in 2007. Obasanjo changed his mind on that also.
Fashola and Tinubu had a similar story in 2011 about whether Fashola agreed to do only one term or not and Muiz Banire was Tinubu's choice to replace him.

You are right.
But fashola overwhelmed performance earned him the second term.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by seguno2: 8:36am On Apr 29, 2017
juman:
Yeah.

Obasanjo brought and forced on nigeria a half dead yaradua and the clueless one as his vice.

One can see clearly why yoruba leaders rejected obasajo representing them as president.

Did Obasanjo not win the south west overwhelmingly in 2003 with PDP sweeping the governorship and legislative elections except for Lagos state?
The rejection is what you have fantastical invented.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by seguno2: 8:38am On Apr 29, 2017
juman:
You are right.
But fashola overwhelmed performance earned him the second term.

Fashola changed his mind.
Jonathan changed his mind.
Obasanjo changed his mind.
They all exercised their constitutional rights
Performance is subjective and irrelevant to this discussion.
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by juman(m): 8:40am On Apr 29, 2017
seguno2:

Did Obasanjo not win the south west overwhelmingly in 2003 with PDP sweeping the governorship and legislative elections except for Lagos state?
The rejection is what you have fantastical invented.

That 2003 was rigged election.

Obasanjo lacked the ability to conduct free and fair election.
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by seguno2: 8:41am On Apr 29, 2017
coolk:
Jonathan said this. Jonathan did that.
Blaady liars. As if dem be Jonathan shadow, abi na him confidante.

This is begin to piss me off.
Seems the author has a media centre in Nairaland that are bombarding the forum with lies to ensure the book sells.

Save yourself the stress.
Find the book and read it.
Wait for Jonathan to deny he said these things AND sue for defamation.
Until then, the excerpts from the book are true.
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by ransomed: 8:42am On Apr 29, 2017
A truce breaker is a public enemy and should never be trusted in life.
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by juman(m): 8:43am On Apr 29, 2017
seguno2:

Fashola changed his mind.
Jonathan changed his mind.
Obasanjo changed his mind.
They all exercised their constitutional rights
Performance is subjective and irrelevant to this discussion.

Fashola got second term because he performed very well in his first term.

While jonathan didnt get second term because his performance was very bad.
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by seguno2: 8:51am On Apr 29, 2017
juman:
That 2003 was rigged election.

Obasanjo lacked the ability to conduct free and fair election.

Your consolation story.
Was their an agreement with the Alliance for Democracy, AD that held sway in the south west?
Yes.
Was there a presidential candidate for AD in 2003 as a result of the agreement with Obasanjo?
No.

http://m.polity.org.za/article/19-candidates-on-nigerian-presidentialrace-list-2003-02-20

Why did Obasanjo have to rig in the south west?
Again, I say that is something that you have fantastically invented.
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by omenkaLives(m): 8:54am On Apr 29, 2017
Babacele:
EOD!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by seguno2: 9:00am On Apr 29, 2017
juman:
Fashola got second term because he performed very well in his first term.

While jonathan didnt get second term because his performance was very bad.

Your personal opinion to which you are entitled.
Others are also entitled to a different opinion that Jonathan performed well in

- reviving our agricultural, automotive and railway sectors.
- Implemented minimum wage increase and proposed fuel subsidy removal/ deregulation,
- conducted free and fair elections,
- interfered less in other democratic institutions and tiers of government- state and local governments.

Buhari has only recorded success in continuing the initiatives of Jonathan. Nothing new. Absolutely nothing new that is positive except indecision, confusion with over five exchange rates leading to round tripping by the cabal and leading us into recession.
We jumped from frying pan into fire. Surely.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by GavelSlam: 9:03am On Apr 29, 2017
seguno2:

Does Buhari have integrity?
A man who claims to be fighting corruption but has failed to publicly declare his assets as he voluntarily promised unlike Jonathan who did so alongside Yar'Adua?
A man who protects corrupt people and gives them clears them before our senators. He has done so for Magu and Babachir Lawal.

https://www.nairaland.com/3590235/buhari-clears-sgf-babachir-lawal

Is Buratai no longer our COAS despite owning multi million dollar mansions in Dubai?
Many are fools but only few recognise their foolishness.

Be writing nonsense thinking the rest of the populace are illiterate.
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by seguno2: 9:06am On Apr 29, 2017
lailo:

“""""I had made a proposition for a single term of seven years. That was the context in which I spoke in Addis Ababa that if the idea was accepted, I would not run again. It was not in the context of a second term of four years."""

Oga ogogoro drinker,how can u propose A SINGLE TERM of 7 years and as well and gave a promise of not running d second time as condition for it's acceptance.Are u to run for second time before?in a SINGLE TENURE of 7years

If you have comprehension challenges, simply own up.
A single term of seven years instead of the four he was currently serving would mean a single tenure, not so?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by seguno2: 9:08am On Apr 29, 2017
GavelSlam:
Be writing nonsense thinking the rest of the populace are illiterate.

If you are not writing nonsense as an illiterate, please point out the specific sentence that is nonsense in my post that you quoted.
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Govt Planning To Gag Media Ahead Of Release Of FBI Files – Atiku’s Aide / Unrest At OSHODI In Lagos / FG Pays 20 Whistleblowers N375.8M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.