Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,713 members, 7,827,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement (23863 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan: Why I’m Staying Away From Partisan Politics / Sowore Speaks: My Connection With Tinubu And Jonathan, Why I Hate PDP (VIDEO) / "Why I Will Serve For Only One Term" - Buhari (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 9:08am On Apr 29, 2017
Babacele:
......this man just bungled a lifetime opportunity of ruling for 10 straight years if he had performed well given the enormous wealth that accrued to the nation that he couldn't translate to water,power, jobs, security etc for the people of this nation but left for all sorts of theives to steal.
Who cares if a bunch of old politheivchians got any pact or not if such does not mean better lives for the citizens? The masses and other political parties would have called the bluff of any useless pact if Gej had done well but Jona neither kept the mafian pact nor did he keep faith with the masses so he was given a bloody nose by a very large chunk of the Nigerian press,the commons and soldiers, some nobles and most importantly Gej's karma( Wike, PEJ, ffk, asari, PDP, Alison,Clark, 'stealing is not corruption', immigration fatal scandal,eponzi Iweala etc) in 2015.
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 9:10am On Apr 29, 2017
Aburi001:
So Jona truly agreed to the one-term deal?
Hmmmmmm........Politics is truly a dirty game!
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by seguno2: 9:25am On Apr 29, 2017
Aburi001:
So Jona truly agreed to the one-term deal?

Hmmmmmm........Politics is truly a dirty game!

Read again.
He PERSONALLY did not agree to such. Others did so on his behalf.
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by ladja2013: 9:25am On Apr 29, 2017
Why did you not include this in your book? Good luck is undoubtedly too small for the office of the President I can't imagine his having to be contradicting a book that is not yet in the market

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by ivandragon: 9:49am On Apr 29, 2017
seguno2:

And the frying pan is better than the fire.
What should we do to those who pushed us into the fire, like Tinubu who was hoping for VP in order to position himself as Acting president and finally president when his sick Buhari would have exhausted himself.

I do believe that my comment clearly infers that the 'frying pan' was far better than the open flames we have today.

but that does not exonerate the failings of GEJ. despite the tough circumstances GEJ found himself in ala the insurgency, he should have performed better in some areas of his administration especially with regards to ensuring that monies released for key projects were effectively utilised.

that being said, Nigerians need to get it right in 2019. amongst other qualities, we need a leader that strikes a positive balance between been economically prudent & sociopolitical savvy...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 29, 2017
okay.
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by seguno2: 10:24am On Apr 29, 2017
ivandragon:
I do believe that my comment clearly infers that the 'frying pan' was far better than the open flames we have today.

but that does not exonerate the failings of GEJ. despite the tough circumstances GEJ found himself in ala the insurgency, he should have performed better in some areas of his administration especially with regards to ensuring that monies released for key projects were effectively utilised.

that being said, Nigerians need to get it right in 2019. amongst other qualities, we need a leader that strikes a positive balance between been economically prudent & sociopolitical savvy...

2019 will be another big mess where godfathers package shitty people as our only saviour for as long as we don't ensure our local government officials are elected by us.
How many people in Lagos are concerned about the July local government elections and are identifying candidates to support with their own money, time and talents?
After we all will be complaining that our problem is our leaders?
When shall we be wise?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by ocelot2006(m): 10:41am On Apr 29, 2017
Nogodye:
You change you mind and we send you back to Otuoke...Ntor!

And what did you get in return? With the disaster you voted in, Who's laughing now tongue ?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by ndcide(m): 11:10am On Apr 29, 2017
Babacele:
......this man just bungled a lifetime opportunity of ruling for 10 straight years if he had performed well given the enormous wealth that accrued to the nation that he couldn't translate to water,power, jobs, security etc for the people of this nation but left for all sorts of theives to steal.
Who cares if a bunch of old politheivchians got any pact or not if such does not mean better lives for the citizens? The masses and other political parties would have called the bluff of any useless pact if Gej had done well but Jona neither kept the mafian pact nor did he keep faith with the masses so he was given a bloody nose by a very large chunk of the Nigerian press,the commons and soldiers, some nobles and most importantly Gej's karma( Wike, PEJ, ffk, asari, PDP, Alison,Clark, 'stealing is not corruption', immigration fatal scandal,eponzi Iweala etc) in 2015.

Is buhari performing well? Who does he blame.

Just a small vandalism in the south has such impact on the present government. What if it's sustained like how boko haram was sustained? What performance magic is buhari going to do.

I know the simple minds will say military options but we know that won't have any meaningful impact.

I pray you don't find yourself in such situation.

We are making excuses for buhari, who made excuses for GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Jesusloveyou: 11:46am On Apr 29, 2017
Jabioro:
Jona dull baba, changing promises, with language I will.Now the people Will has been done
you see your life,
Your ineffectual buffoon change his promise and you still zombie vote for him.
What a zombiism are you

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Jabioro: 11:52am On Apr 29, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
you see your life,
Your ineffectual buffoon change his promise and you still zombie vote for him.
What a zombiism are you
What are you talking about ?Can you read to understand or you're reading to make ineffective comment not related the issues?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by kingsley88(m): 12:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
I have a parcel of land for sale located at block 6 plot 34 Aguaba land awka south local government area.Anambra state.(opposite nnamdi azikigwe university awka) and beside wonderland in awka

PRICE TAG:- 4(FOUR) MILLION NAIRA.

INTERESTED BUYER SHOULD CALL ME ON
08063512129 OR 07036475339.

Please kindly note that every other documents in regard to this one plot of land is fully genuine and intact.Thanks

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by tete7000(m): 12:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
His wife made him changed his mind

Not only his wife. He has Edwin Clark, Dokubo and many others from his clan benefiting from the largesse of his presidency to contend with. Thats typical of Nigeria. Once you ascend to power people from your ethnic nationality surround you, goading you on. Some will even threaten you telling you you hold the power in stead for them and you can't relinquish it without their consent. You become a prisoner of power and it takes an utmost courage in that case to do the right thing. Buhari seems to be going through the same experience now. As far as his cabal are concerned, he better die in power than resign.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by brojoshua: 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
But we are really interested in why you and your family, party, friends, associates and team looted all Nigeria's money. Why, tell us that?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Jesusloveyou: 12:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
ocelot2006:

And what did you get in return? With the disaster you voted in, Who's laughing now tongue ?
see this one,who is laughing now and who is also crying now?
Is only iPods who are the supporters of corrupt people are the one's laughing and crying at the Same time

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by ivandragon: 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
seguno2:

2019 will be another big mess where godfathers package shitty people as our only saviour for as long as we don't ensure our local government officials are elected by us.
How many people in Lagos are concerned about the July local government elections and are identifying candidates to support with their own money, time and talents?
After we all will be complaining that our problem is our leaders?
When shall we be wise?

on one hand, you are right about the masses needing to do more in determining the leaders, but on the other hand, the idiosyncratic attributes of those leaders are a product/reflection of the general society.

& since we cannot exist in a state of nature, leaders would always play a vital role in the direction society goes. so, if in 2019 we, by some stroke of divine luck, elect a leader who is uncompromising in his/her quest for the betterment of Nigeria, such a person would naturally attract/nominate like minds to work with him/her.

so, a society with a large population of unwise people would more often than not produce unwise leaders.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Jesusloveyou: 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
Jabioro:
What are you talking about ?Can you read to understand or you're reading to make ineffective comment not related the issues?
i know is too difficult for you to understand,
You said your ineffectual buffoon fails to keep to his promise of one term.
And you iPods still vote for him for not keeping to his promise.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Jabioro: 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
i know is too difficult for you to understand,
You said your ineffectual buffoon fails to keep to his promise of one term.
And you iPods still vote for him for not keeping to his promise.
Check my moniker very well, to see if it has anything to do with IPOB.. not to waste your precious energy I am a proudly a Yoruba man, that would never used my left fingers to described my father home.. OYO. and YOU?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Chukazu: 1:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
really don't see any difference between one term of seven and two terms of eight years.
if you really desire to make a solid and lasting effect on our polity.. the best would have been to canvass for "one term of five years "

for Abdusalam Abubakar ..hope he doesn't mind for someone to write a book on how he squandered our external reserve just to conduct and election?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Babacele: 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
ndcide:

Is buhari performing well? Who does he blame.

Just a small vandalism in the south has such impact on the present government. What if it's sustained like how boko haram was sustained? What performance magic is buhari going to do.

I know the simple minds will say military options but we know that won't have any meaningful impact.

I pray you don't find yourself in such situation.

We are making excuses for buhari, who made excuses for GEJ.
excuse me please. I never mentioned PMB in my above submission sir, rather I talked about how GEJ missed a great opportunity to change the poor status quo he inherited. He simply left the country worse off, destroyed his own reputation ,and unintentionally sold the Muhammadu Buhari candidacy to us. Pmb can still turn back the hands of time but it is a pity that Karma,time and posterity won't afford GEJ that luxury, at least not in this lifetime .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by soflygerian(m): 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2017
Hope we all can argue this with class.

GEJ proposal was good economically and psychologically. The north backed out and besides he was not willing to run if only such a proposition was adopted. This idea of a single 7year term was brilliant if only ''we youths'' could meticulously choose a leader.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Jesusloveyou: 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2017
Jabioro:
Check my moniker very well, to see if it has anything to do with IPOB.. not to waste your precious energy I am a proudly a Yoruba man, that would never used my left fingers to described my father home.. OYO. and YOU?
so why are you behaving and reasoning like ipods

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Jabioro: 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
so why are you behaving and reasoning like ipods
Did my comments sounded like IPOB.. read very well, all the few line have meaning
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by suremanpatriot: 4:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
...Cant listen.He doesn't even deserve to speak...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by ndcide(m): 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2017
Babacele:
excuse me please. I never mentioned PMB in my above submission sir, rather I talked about how GEJ missed a great opportunity to change the poor status quo he inherited. He simply left the country worse off, destroyed his own reputation ,and unintentionally sold the Muhammadu Buhari candidacy to us. Pmb can still turn back the hands of time but it is a pity that Karma,time and posterity won't afford GEJ that luxury, at least not in this lifetime .

Don't pretend as if we don't know the implications of our constant attack on an administration that is now history.

A constant attack on GEJ administration is what this present government wants, it's an excuse for failure.

Isn't it shameful that when you point out anything that isn't right in this administration, GEJ'S government becomes the obvious reply. If we keep up with the narrative of a failed GEJ government, we surreptitiously give this present government a hypocritical validation.

Could you please mention any past leader who didn't miss any opportunity to change a poor status quo he inherited?

I think we should pause, think and be honest. GEJ is the biggest excuse we allowed this government to give for failure. We can't objective talk and evaluate governance because many are tone deaf. Their souls have been killed by a lie sold to them, they justify themselves being manipulated.

You don't know who sold the PMB candidacy to you. Obviously, the forces involve are beyond you.... This may be too much for you to understand

PMB is not turning any hand of time. His government is over...this statement is not politics.

If you want to know about it, go deep and find out for yourself.

Have a nice day.
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by slivertongue: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
this book sef!
GEJ has continued to maintain that there was no agreement so how come he is giving reason when he said it never existed?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by Babacele: 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
ndcide:

Don't pretend as if we don't know the implications of our constant attack on an administration that is now history.

A constant attack on GEJ administration is what this present government wants, it's an excuse for failure.

Isn't it shameful that when you point out anything that isn't right in this administration, GEJ'S government becomes the obvious reply. If we keep up with the narrative of a failed GEJ government, we surreptitiously give this present government a hypocritical validation.

Could you please mention any past leader who didn't miss any opportunity to change a poor status quo he inherited?

I think we should pause, think and be honest. GEJ is the biggest excuse we allowed this government to give for failure. We can't objective talk and evaluate governance because many are tone deaf. Their souls have been killed by a lie sold to them, they justify themselves being manipulated.

You don't know who sold the PMB candidacy to you. Obviously, the forces involve are beyond you.... This may be too much for you to understand

PMB is not turning any hand of time. His government is over...this statement is not politics.

If you want to know about it, go deep and find out for yourself.

Have a nice day.
GEJ is such a huge disaster that the consequences of his clueless wickedness and the attendant tragedies is still unfolding even after he had left 2 years ago or is it my poor granny that should be mentioned or held responsible for the recent $43m , the arms deal scandal etc if not the man that was in charge -GEJ? In politics , you take the smooches of history with its roughs, so we would continue to refer to any public officers as regards how they manage the trust we gave them.

Pmb is just too nice, for allowing the arms scandal - a treasonable irresponsibility that aided boko haram- ,and the chibok embarrassment alone. If na me ,i would have put GeJ in jail by now and heaven won't fall but would serve as a deterrence to others; that GEJ lacked the balls to probe the previous administration is his funeral ,and can't tell me ,the new president, about how I should stir the affairs of the nation.
God knows that the failure of this government are better than Gej's successes or why was he chased out in 2015 by the same Nigerians that had fought for his ascendancy? We are no fools and shall evaluate this administration at the appropriate time the way we have done to other politicians. Oh we would vote Buhari again and again over GEJ a million times for it is obvious Gej would have finished this country by now if he had continued; a PDP opinion poll few weeks ago said 65% of Nigerians prefer Pmb.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by citizenY(m): 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
Pavore9:
Power is addictive!

And sickening cry
Re: Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement by GavelSlam: 9:32am On Apr 30, 2017
Babacele:
GEJ is such a huge disaster that the consequences of his clueless wickedness and the attendant tragedies is still unfolding even after he had left 2 years ago or is it my poor granny that should be mentioned or held responsible for the recent $43m , the arms deal scandal etc if not the man that in charge GEJ? In politics , you take the smooches of history with its roughs, so we would continue to refer to any public officers as regards how they manage the trust we gave them.

Pmb is just too nice, for allowing the arms scandal - a treasonable irresponsibility that aided boko haram- ,and the chibok embarrassment alone, I would have put GeJ in jail by now and heaven won't fall but would serve as a deterrent to others; that GEJ lacked the balls to probe the previous administration is his funeral ,and can't tell me about how to stir the affairs of the nation.
God knows that the failure of this government are better than Gej's successes or why was he chased out in 2015 by the same Nigerians that had fought for his ascendancy? We are no fools and shall evaluate this administration at the appropriate time the way we have done to other politicians. Oh we would vote Buhari again and again over GEJ a million times for it is obvious Gej would have finished this country by now if he had continued; a PDP opinion poll few weeks ago said 65% of Nigerians prefer Pmb.
You've said it all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Come Home To Invest, Soludo Begs Anambra Businessmen In Lagos / Tinubu Govt Planning To Gag Media Ahead Of Release Of FBI Files – Atiku’s Aide / Unrest At OSHODI In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.