Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Misconceptions On Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Misconceptions On Relationship (382 Views)

Misconceptions On Foreign Dating / Between Reno Omokri And A Lady On Twitter On Relationship Matters / Quotes On Relationship And Marriage For Wisdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misconceptions On Relationship by Philipirine(m): 12:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
Last week, someone asked me some funny questions. He asked if I drink, I answered in the negative. He asked a second question and asked if I smoke, I answered 'no'. He asked the third question and asked if I womanize, I answered 'no'. All those questions sounded funny to me, they are not 'too normal' for me, I don't know why he asked at that time. He then told me there is no way I won't be doing one of those three meaning I wasn't saying the truth, I was shocked. I tried to know from him who postulated that warped theory but as expected, I didn't get a logical answer. I've heard glimpses of that crazy theory before but it was the first time I was faced with it hence my surprise.

I don't like talking 'relationship' but I will talk about this. There is this wrong notion among ladies especially, that 'good' guys are the 'fake' guys, the 'bad' guys are the 'real' guys. When a 'bad' guy makes you know he smokes, he drinks, and he womanize, he is real. When you don't see those things in a 'good' guy, he is fake, he is hiding it, he is too good to be true. That is a crazy theory. I won't use myself as a case study here maybe I'm a 'good' guy or a 'bad' guy (I will leave that to the gods to decide) but I know a lot of 'good' guys out there who don't drink, smoke or womanize and are very lively (there is a wrong notion too good guys are boring, crazy one!).

The spotlight here is on that warped theory (of a guy must drink, smoke or womanize). There are other shortcomings too but I understand those three are more synonymous and more common with men. Many ladies prefer to go for a bad guy and leave the good guy out 'cos he is not 'real'. Very true there are pretenders, hypocrites (it makes it a hard choice) but then, there are ways you know when someone is for real and when the person is faking it. This theory is just like an unfouded theory that says 'all' ladies love for money (I partly agree with it too) but that doesn't mean it is 'all' that does that. It's just about following your instincts and trying to make a good decision and not working on a general rule (those are only probability, they are not necessarily true).

Ògún láákayé oshìnmolè postulated in 300BC, he said and I quote, "you are wholly responsible for your actions and inactions, both the right ones and the wrong ones, so don't start crying and blaming the 'gods' when the dire consequences comes (some doubting Thomases will doubt that theory given Easter was just few days ago but I don't care since I was with him during his thesis) or else, the gods will show you more pepper". So, aunty, if that 'real' guy 'do that thing' to you, don't start blaming your village witches or start saying "all men are the same" (it is a lie!). Don't judge based on unfounded theories.

By: Ibitoye Philip Eniola
All rights reserved.

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions On Relationship by SuperSuave(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
summary abeg angry
Re: Misconceptions On Relationship by 9jayes: 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
I don't understand swahili nah
Re: Misconceptions On Relationship by 9jayes: 12:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
Philipirine:
Last week, someone asked me some funny questions. He asked if I drink, I answered in the negative. He asked a second question and asked if I smoke, I answered 'no'. He asked the third question and asked if I womanize, I answered 'no'. All those questions sounded funny to me, they are not 'too normal' for me, I don't know why he asked at that time. He then told me there is no way I won't be doing one of those three meaning I wasn't saying the truth, I was shocked. I tried to know from him who postulated that warped theory but as expected, I didn't get a logical answer. I've heard glimpses of that crazy theory before but it was the first time I was faced with it hence my surprise.

I don't like talking 'relationship' but I will talk about this. There is this wrong notion among ladies especially, that 'good' guys are the 'fake' guys, the 'bad' guys are the 'real' guys. When a 'bad' guy makes you know he smokes, he drinks, and he womanize, he is real. When you don't see those things in a 'good' guy, he is fake, he is hiding it, he is too good to be true. That is a crazy theory. I won't use myself as a case study here maybe I'm a 'good' guy or a 'bad' guy (I will leave that to the gods to decide) but I know a lot of 'good' guys out there who don't drink, smoke or womanize and are very lively (there is a wrong notion too good guys are boring, crazy one!).

The spotlight here is on that warped theory (of a guy must drink, smoke or womanize). There are other shortcomings too but I understand those three are more synonymous and more common with men. Many ladies prefer to go for a bad guy and leave the good guy out 'cos he is not 'real'. Very true there are pretenders, hypocrites (it makes it a hard choice) but then, there are ways you know when someone is for real and when the person is faking it. This theory is just like an unfouded theory that says 'all' ladies love for money (I partly agree with it too) but that doesn't mean it is 'all' that does that. It's just about following your instincts and trying to make a good decision and not working on a general rule (those are only probability, they are not necessarily true).

Ògún láákayé oshìnmolè postulated in 300BC, he said and I quote, "you are wholly responsible for your actions and inactions, both the right ones and the wrong ones, so don't start crying and blaming the 'gods' when the dire consequences comes (some doubting Thomases will doubt that theory given Easter was just few days ago but I don't care since I was with him during his thesis) or else, the gods will show you more pepper". So, aunty, if that 'real' guy 'do that thing' to you, don't start blaming your village witches or start saying "all men are the same" (it is a lie!). Don't judge based on unfounded theories.

By: Ibitoye Philip Eniola
All rights reserved.

At the bolded, Op dem don born Adam Oshiomole in 300BC ?
Re: Misconceptions On Relationship by Philipirine(m): 1:10pm On Apr 29, 2017
9jayes:

At the bolded, Op dem don born Adam Oshiomole in 300BC ?

That is not Oshiomole, it is a yoruba word, Oshìnmolè

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways That You Can Flirt And Succeed At It / Is Cohabiting Healthy For A Relationship? / How To Get Over A Break-up - Bamisepeters' Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.