Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,428 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy (1048 Views)

I Finally Proposed Love To My Crush And She Said This.. / My Female Nairalander Crush And How I Will Bleep Them / This Are My Nairaland Crush, And What I Think About Them (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy by ThatNaijaOlivia: 8:00am On Apr 30, 2017
Hi guys so i need advice, I am an Igbo girl in diaspora. Never been into Nigerian guys or black guys. I have a really good friend whom is Yoruba and we are great friends. Well when we first met i found him attractive but we became close and I was a bit interested in another guy (WHITE Guy) then I visited Naija and came back the white guy started dating someone else. I am 19 and this Yoruba guy is 23. He lived in Nigeria all his life and I am confused because i dont know how to approach a Nigerian guy and what they consider okay and not. We get along so well, we can talk about anything and i value our relationship sometimes we throw around 'Ode' 'Werey' Ewu' like banter and tease both our cultures. I have known him for over a year and he is a really great guy, compared to other guys he has never spoken to me about sleeping with me or anything. Once he called me a little sister he never had which hurt because with white people thats 'sisterzone' then afterwards he tells his friends and my friends i am his special trouble maker. Whenever we are at a party i catch him looking at my direction when i am laughing or talking to other guys, its strange when i asked him what his preference was he said he didn't have any and was into older women for now and just last week he was confiding in me about his future aspirations and life and how he wants a proper girlfriend. We were supposed to go out two weeks ago he said he would confirm that day with me and he never did. Rather in the night i got a call with a strange number which my gut said it was him because of the groan and when i said hello he dropped the call.

Please help a sister out, i am so confused. I actually do like this guy and i have suppressed it for a while convincing myself not to head that path but praying to God he seems to only come closer not drift apart. Advice please and i don't want any Yoruba Demon accusations here because we all know thats a myth anyone is capable of cheating. Naija guys and ladies advice please and Thank you !!

1 Like

Re: Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy by dingbang(m): 8:03am On Apr 30, 2017
You have already answered your question so I don't need to advise further.. Bye
Re: Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy by Equal2DeTask(m): 8:06am On Apr 30, 2017
Follow ur mind...since it accept him.

Making another options U might regret.
Re: Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy by ikp120(m): 8:17am On Apr 30, 2017
Can't you see that you've been zoned? undecided undecided undecided When you're in love with a guy and you're behaving like a sister to him, why won't he put you in that zone? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy by ThatNaijaOlivia: 9:01am On Apr 30, 2017
Equal2DeTask:
Follow ur mind...since it accept him.

Making another options U might regret.

I don't know how to go about it, do nigerian guys see girls as desperate for expressing their feelings
Re: Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy by Equal2DeTask(m): 9:45am On Apr 30, 2017
ThatNaijaOlivia:

I don't know how to go about it, do nigerian guys see girls as desperate for expressing their feelings

You don't need to Generalize issues here...

All Nigerian Guys can't be the same. Everyone have His own personnal attribute...

U should be able to decode any body sign language from the guy to know if he truly feels for U... Maybe He has uncover that from U...

I will advice u not to be too quick to express ur feelings.. Most Nigerian guys sees it that waY but not all..

1 Like

Re: Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy by 48noble(m): 9:49am On Apr 30, 2017
GIRLS NAMES AND THERE BEHAVIORS.. Na joke oooooo Mary.........boys snatcher Brenda.......... Never satisfied Rose............ Big headed Deborah.......liar Patience.........snub Gloria.....downto earth Esther.........Crazy in bed Princess..... Wife material Mercy.... Stubborn Monica.... Proud Melissa....Happy for Nothing Franca ...... Troublesome Maryann.......thief Agness.... Attention seeker Diana........ don't know how to scream in bed Jessica...... sex hunter Theresa....Loving Maureen.....Gold digger Eliza.... Back ward in love Ruth..... Cheater Natasha...... Crazy Sarah..... poisonous Sandra.... Bitter Jackline..... Silent burner Favour .... Heart breaker Lydia... Quite Eve...... makes boys to suffer Marian..... Friendly Christine.... Humble Joan......Complicated Racheal ..... Cool Annie.... Not sexy Juliet.... Prostitute Precious.... Not good in bed Helen..... Wise Grace..... Dry Emmanuela...lazy in bed Catherine..... Selfish Emelda...... Quarrelsome Josephine....... Confused Cleopatra..... talkative Margaret ....... Lost Sylvia.........nite dancer Violet.......... Drunkard Doreen.........Shy Christabell...... Careless Faith..................sweet Winifred........ Unfashionable Lilian............ Sex machine Jennifer...... Dick slayer Judith.........intelligent & dynamic Agatha..... Wayo life Cynthia.... Criminal Act, but they are not (play play) Oya,Op which one is ur own ??.. lol
Re: Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy by Headlesschicken(m): 10:57am On Apr 30, 2017
undecided lipsrsealed Just 19
Re: Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy by kings20(m): 12:36pm On Apr 30, 2017
He is also interested
forget all his sister attitude
This ur age though

1 Like

Re: Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy by ThatNaijaOlivia: 10:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
kings20:
He is also interested

forget all his sister attitude

This ur age though

Loool my age. I like a guy older than me not my age bracket because I'm act way matured and I don't want to seem like the mum ahahahah. And this guy once said age is just a number to him. I get the feeling he is interested but I don't want to dive and realise I was reading too much, I mean we were supposed to go out and he said he will confirm the date because he might be working on that day but he never did rather I got that random call in the night around the time he would have finished from work. Omo I don't know what he is thinking or why guys do that
Re: Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy by ThatNaijaOlivia: 11:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
Headlesschicken:
undecided lipsrsealed Just 19

Lol what's wrong with 19 ?
Re: Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy by NeeKlaus: 11:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
ThatNaijaOlivia:

Lol what's wrong with 19 ?
Is it just me or have you been sisterzoned already?? sad

1 Like

Re: Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy by ThatNaijaOlivia: 4:05pm On May 04, 2017
NeeKlaus:

Is it just me or have you been sisterzoned already?? sad

Because he called me 'sister' ? He hasn't called me that since that time he said it. Sisterzoned how so ?
Re: Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy by ThatNaijaOlivia: 4:08pm On May 04, 2017
I am so tired of bottling these emotions its been 1 year and 2 months now and its heightening by the moment. Just few days ago a friend told me he noticed ages ago that i liked the guy because i am always on edge or quickly change the subject whenever his name is mentioned and how i act when the guy is around, now i am nervous probably the guy knows i like him. I just want to set my heart free and tell him but i'm scared of rejection

(1) (Reply)

A concerned nairalander / Please Be The Judge In This Matter! / Igbos Are The Smartest Tribe In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.