Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You (18993 Views)

7 Different Churches In One Building in Lagos, See Nigerians' Reactions / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Signboard Of 4 Different Churches In The Same Building / Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
for fvcks sake I am d man ... Must everything be done in her church? They are my kids ..
they are her kids too, besides she carried them for 9 months and phished them out of her body into the world
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Kenfil(f): 1:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
emmabest2000:
I know one family their father a Catholic while their mother attends white chapel , they are still living together happily till date with many grandchildrens ...

Thank you!!! My father is Anglican while my mum is pentecostal... they are still married. Marriage is what u make of it, if u attend d same church o and u don't work on it, e go hit rock bottom

1 Like

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2017
funmisticqueen:
and that is the genesis of wahala. really you just had to say that you are a man, you think she does not know that before, guys play that man of the house card the same way women play the victim card. continue o. after all it is you that is looking for a wife
and what's dat supposed to mean by me looking for wife.. With dis ur mentality I think u will be a trouble maker
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2017
Oyind17:
I no hold you
oya no dey ask me nonsense kwesion
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
mysticwarrior:
you married a Muslim woman and you are a christian, because muslims don't allow their women to married outside their religion and tend to see a non muslim as an infidel, pls how were you able to conquer that? pls note am a christian and I mean no disrespect.
bros it's an assumption I'm not married o
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by shestrong(f): 1:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
Lol.. There just has to be some room for compromise..

If I should marry a girl outside the catholic faith, well we can get married in her church.. But the kids will be baptized and brought up in the catholic church and we both will attend same church ..

that's the problem with dating a Catholic, my relationship with them never works or even begins.lol
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
shestrong:

that's the problem with dating a Catholic, my relationship with them never works or even begins.lol
hahahhahhahahhahahaha. Because you are not willing to submit. . dats ur problem.. Aren't christian women marrying Muslims? Na today e start? No make me vex o
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by lightblazingnow(m): 1:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
Perfect
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by wolverine1987: 1:21pm On Apr 30, 2017
it may not mean there's discord btw them, it may b due to circumstances. let's take my neighbour for instance we were all attending dunamis before buh we moved to a different location that was far from dunamis n the closest church to us is redeemed n living faith as dunamis is far. buh the husband is in the accounting department of d church @ dunamis so he still attends buh the wife n daughter couldn't continue to attend due to distance n not being mobile so she attends redeemed while the husband still attends dunamis n it works perfectly. the redeemed pastor is aware of the situation n is ok with it even the dunamis pastor is ok with it. and the couple are still strong as ever. so it depends on d circumstances or the reason they attend different churches it May not leaď to divorce. my opinion though
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by lightblazingnow(m): 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
Time will tell
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by DavidEsq(m): 1:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
emmabest2000:
I know one family their father a Catholic while their mother attends white chapel , they are still living together happily till date with many grandchildrens ...
U no well o! U just wan make e pain OP, na e make u add "s" for the grandchildren abi cheesy. OP no pass English language o.
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Lumig: 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2017
Attending the same church does not add any value to anyone - husband or wife. There are many lies we tell ourselves in Christiandom, which comes out of personal point of view which is neither biblical nor social . why not say husbands and wives must work in the same office to avoid divorce? All these are just SHOWMANSHIP

2 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by shestrong(f): 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
hahahhahhahahhahahaha. Because you are not willing to submit. . dats ur problem.. Aren't christian women marrying Muslims? Na today e start? No make me vex o

lol
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Ebije1(m): 1:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
I strongly disagree..i knw more than 2 couples who attend different churches that have been married for many years and are still togeda. Trust is what matters in marriage nt church.

1 Like

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
oya no dey ask me nonsense kwesion
Lol, go Church grin
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
This is the same as when one attends church and the other doesnt, it happens.......everyday.

People getting HBP from everything.
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by lightblazingnow(m): 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
And
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Unekz(m): 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:

If I should marry a girl outside the catholic faith, well we can get married in her church.. But the kids will be baptized and brought up in the catholic church and we both will attend same church ..
what if she refuses
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
Unekz:

what if she refuses
depends on which part she is refusing.. And which part I am refusing as well
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by doyinbaby(f): 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
I parted ways with my ex(a catholic) because I could not attend catholic church...I couldn't find any biblical basis for some of their practices...he said in marriage he would not allow me attend another church ...We had issues based on religious differences...I had to quit the relationship

1 Like

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by chocolatelady(f): 2:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:

Bros, if u are practising catholic, u have to get married in catholic. U will not be able to receive holy communion if u did not do ur wedding in catholic. Thats the reason why catholic ladies that marry outside the catholic faith try as much as poasible to wed in catholic church so that they can still be receiving holy communion. My 2 kobo
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by theboydisharp007(m): 2:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
taaa sharap there @op. where d f do u go about getting all these crazy ideas from? I for one I'm a Catholic as are my dad and brothers. my mum goes to assemblies of God with my sister.
in spite of all that we live in perfect harmony and you wouldn't even notice if we didn't tell u. it has never been an issue at all in our family.
so don't go about ranting about things you know nothing about. I can tolerate a lot of things in life but fallacy of hasty generalisation is not one of them.
op personally I think you're on some cheap drugs. but hey, what do I know.

1 Like

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 3:01pm On Apr 30, 2017
chocolatelady:
Bros, if u are practising catholic, u have to get married in catholic. U will not be able to receive holy communion if u did not do ur wedding in catholic. Thats the reason why catholic ladies that marry outside the catholic faith try as much as poasible to wed in catholic church so that they can still be receiving holy communion. My 2 kobo
so what if I love a girl who is not from d catholic church? How do I go about dat?
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by sosa993: 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
so what if I love a girl who is not from d catholic church? How do I go about dat?

wouldn't it just be better if you just marry someone from Catholic to avoid unnecessary fight every Sunday morning with your wife. You can also fall in love with someone from Catholic very possible. I as a person cannot marry a man from certain churches it can't just happen, because what's the point , when I can get to marry someone with the same belief as mine

I dated a jeovah's witness years back and I hated myself.

in order to avoid trouble you can just marry a Catholic.
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Unekz(m): 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
depends on which part she is refusing.. And which part I am refusing as well
shes insisting that she won't follow you to Catholic, but your children must practice the Catholic faith, she has no business with that
what would you do in such instances
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by sunnyeinstein(m): 4:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
Afam4eva:
Not necessarily..

What about couples that are not of the same religion and still married for decades?

Going to the same church doesn't mean jack sh1t. Most divorces of today are of couples who attend the same church or mosque, so spare me that BS.

Pls educate d sheeple op. Ignoramus too plenty for naija abeg
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by glamay(f): 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided A COUPLE THAT ATTEND DIFFERENT CHURCH, IS THAT ONE A COUPLE?

Yes!
We (I mean, I and my hubby) attends different churches. I have seen so many couples attending different churches and they still live in harmony and peace.

It's all boils down to their understanding
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 4:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
sosa993:

wouldn't it just be better if you just marry someone from Catholic to avoid unnecessary fight every Sunday morning with your wife. You can also fall in love with someone from Catholic very possible. I as a person cannot marry a man from certain churches it can't just happen, because what's the point , when I can get to marry someone with the same belief as mine

I know but my mum wasn't catholic when my dad married her but now she is very much involved in the catholic faith.. So its not a new thing..
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 4:25pm On Apr 30, 2017
Unekz:

shes insisting that she won't follow you to Catholic, but your children must practice the Catholic faith, she has no business with that
what would you do in such instances
two cannot come together if they cannot agree... There are other ladies willing to follow their man to his church for service... So what I will do at dat moment is to be patient a little first.. Dats if I really do love her and can't love any other woman again..

I will still try to talk to her ...
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by sosa993: 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
I know but my mum wasn't catholic when my dad married her but now she is very much involved in the catholic faith.. So its not a new thing..

your mum is different you have to know that, what works for one woman wouldn't work for the other that's the truth. even if at all you'll probably make your wife become Catholic, it's better you ring it in her ears while dating so she'll know.
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
sosa993:

your mum is different you have to know that, what works for one woman wouldn't work for the other that's the truth. even if at all you'll probably make your wife become Catholic, it's better you ring it in her ears while dating so she'll know.
of course I will do dat... Even without me asking she will loooooooove to attend my church grin
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Anusiemgood(m): 4:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
sosa993:

but when all you looking for in a woman, you find it her but she disagree not to associate her self in my church.. what will you suggest on that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA / Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" / 5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.