Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You (18991 Views)

7 Different Churches In One Building in Lagos, See Nigerians' Reactions / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Signboard Of 4 Different Churches In The Same Building / Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Anusiemgood(m): 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2017
glamay:

Yes!
We (I mean, I and my hubby) attends different churches. I have seen so many couples attending different churches and they still live in harmony and peace.

It's all boils down to their understanding
mummy can I chat you outside here, I like to learn one or two from you coz am having an exact issues as this, she has all I need in a woman for a wife but from different church with me. I love her so very much but do the fact I have many roles in my church and is going to be a look down for me to leave my church and follow her.. please if you don't mind, I like to chat with you outside here.
This is my Whatsapp number 08103990240
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Unekz(m): 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
two cannot come together if they cannot agree... There are other ladies willing to follow their man to his church for service... So what I will do at dat moment is to be patient a little first.. Dats if I really do love her and can't love any other woman again..

I will still try to talk to her ...
okk
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by DLioness(f): 5:32pm On Apr 30, 2017
Marriage is for the body and mayb spirit inclusv bt nt d soul. Aftr death ntn lik marriage. y must ur wife folw u to ur church if she feels her soul is underfed there? I dnt knw wat u men tink marriage is all abt @lightblazingnow.
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
and what's dat supposed to mean by me looking for wife.. With dis ur mentality I think u will be a trouble maker
let me sing "he who finds a wife, has found a good thing. and obtains favor from the lord already" it is even in the bible.
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2017
funmisticqueen:
let me sing "he who finds a wife, has found a good thing. and obtains favor from the lord already" it is even in the bible.
lol dat doesn't mean u should misbehave.. wink
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by lightblazingnow(m): 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by sosa993: 6:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
Anusiemgood:

but when all you looking for in a woman, you find it her but she disagree not to associate her self in my church.. what will you suggest on that.

then truth be told that's not the woman for you, you'll always find a woman who would not only love you for who you are but wouldn't mind changing her religion or her belief
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by lightblazingnow(m): 6:15pm On Apr 30, 2017
Long
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by lightblazingnow(m): 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
Love
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by DonMekino(m): 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
In as much as its not proper, it still boils down to understanding and maturity.... I think during Obasanjo tenure one of his ministers then was a Muslim but the wife was a Christian and they lived in peace then, I don't know of now.... I think one Jibril Martins-Kuye... From wat I read though.... If only ppl can see religion in the light of God and not to please man.... But for avoidance of problems... Same church is d way to go
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by lightblazingnow(m): 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
You
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
lol dat doesn't mean u should misbehave.. wink
how is this misbehaving
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
funmisticqueen:
how is this misbehaving
misbehaving is when u allow pride to set in ur marriage .. Goodnyt
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
misbehaving is when u allow pride to set in ur marriage .. Goodnyt
typical Igbo man
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 30, 2017
@mr OP.
There are few things to point out for you.
This is a sensitive issue and before you post things like this, pls do a thorough research.
You seem not to understand your own post. Your topic sayS a thing, your explanation says another thing, your example is also confusing.
Understanding is what matters in Marriage. If The preaching you hear cannot be tested with the word of God,pls don't apply it to your life. Our God is not an Author of confusion. As long as you are attending a Bible believing church, itS OK.
It is lack of personal relationship with God that puts you at risk.
If you know the word of God properly, no pastor can confuse you with his theory. Going to different churches is not what causes divorce.lack of understanding of the word of God is what putS you at risk.
Meanwhile, if any of you have not received Christ as your Lord. Repent now, confess your sins, pray and ask for forgiveness and accept Christ before it is too late. Bible says(Hebrews 9:27) For it is appointed for a man to die once and after death, judgement . Tomorrow maybe too late.
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by lightblazingnow(m): 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2017
So high
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by prosperofficial(m): 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
My Dad attends Dunamis and my mum attends Assemblies of God church, infact non of us their children attend the same church and we are living happily. Infact my parents are my role models, so what is the OP saying...?
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by MarieSucre(f): 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
montezz:
No one knows what works and what doesn't in marriage. What actually kept mine might crush yours. It depends on mutual understanding and agreement. My mum attends RCCG, dad attends Deeper life. I don't go to Church at all. My siblings go to RCCG. They are the best couple I have ever seen. 27years and they are still together in love.
Abegi jare.

Sorry not looking to preach to you or anything, I honestly don't care, to each her own.

But why do you not attend a church?
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by lightblazingnow(m): 8:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
Speak
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by montezz(f): 9:04pm On Apr 30, 2017
MarieSucre:

Sorry not looking to preach to you or anything, I honestly don't care, to each her own.

But why do you not attend a church?
Long story my dear
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Dollabiz: 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
I disagreed
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by mystikal(m): 9:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
Wrong logic.

A quick example that comes to mind would be that of fashola and his wife. Both belong to different faiths, one a christian, the other a muslim, both are still happily married
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by sameagles(m): 12:08am On May 01, 2017
Nice Topic, I think this material will help somebody

"Is it wrong for a Christian husband and wife to attend separate churches?"

Answer: A husband and a wife attending separate churches is a situation that is more common than one might think. It’s also common for the children of such a couple to be divided between the two churches, thereby creating a rift in the family that is never healthy. In order to determine whether or not it is “wrong” for a husband and wife to attend separate churches, we must first look at marriage as a relationship instituted by God.
Genesis 2:24 tells us God created man and woman to become “one flesh” when they marry, not two separate beings who go their own separate ways. There is a unity in marriage which is unique and holy. Moreover, marriage is the picture of Christ and His church (believers) as described in Ephesians 5:31-32. The marriage covenant between a man and a woman is symbolic of the covenant between Christ and those for whom He died. His is an everlasting covenant and one that is holy and sacred, just as marriage is to be holy, sacred and unbroken. This unity of two people into one reaches its most sacred in the spiritual realm, where the two are to be of one mind regarding the basic doctrines of Christianity – God, Christ, sin, salvation, heaven/hell, etc. This unity of understanding through the ministry of the Holy Spirit unites a husband and wife in a bond unlike any other on earth.
While it’s possible for a husband and wife to have differing tastes as far as music, preaching or worship styles, children’s programs, etc., none of these things are significant enough to break up the family into two parts so they can attend different churches based on tastes. It is clear that if both churches are Bible-based and Christ-honoring, there is no reason why one spouse can’t bend a little and put his/her personal preferences aside. An even better alternative is for the couple to join together to seek a church where the Word of God is preached as the only guide for faith and practice, where the entire family can learn the true gospel of Jesus Christ, and where the family can fellowship with like-minded believers. In this, the husband, as the spiritual head of the family, should take the lead and make the final decision, lovingly taking his wife’s input into consideration.
Sadly, the two-church family most often crops up in marriages where one spouse was raised Roman Catholic and the other was raised in a Protestant denomination. In situations such as these, it would have been wise for the couple not to marry. If a marriage has already taken place, the couple should strive for spiritual unity. Two people entrenched in their different doctrinal positions often find it very difficult to compromise and reconcile, but with God, all things are possible. A couple in such a situation may be forced to attend different churches, especially if one or both spouses consider the other spouse's beliefs to be unbiblical. In such a situation, both spouses should commit to praying that truth be revealed and spiritual unity be achieved.
These doctrinal conflicts must be resolved in a family before true unity can be achieved. A couple attending different churches must be willing to hold everything they are taught up to the light of Scripture and be ready to discard anything that is contradicted by the Bible. They must “test all things and hold fast to that which is true” (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

copied..........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by lightblazingnow(m): 7:52am On May 01, 2017
Good
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by MarieSucre(f): 7:58am On May 01, 2017
montezz:
Long story my dear
I can be patient. smiles. Anytime you're ready.
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by lightblazingnow(m): 8:26am On May 01, 2017
Wake up
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by sameagles(m): 10:45am On May 01, 2017
mystikal:
Wrong logic.

A quick example that comes to mind would be that of fashola and his wife. Both belong to different faiths, one a christian, the other a muslim, both are still happily married

but you can't tell if they are joyfully married, for to be happy is just for a season but to be joyful is forever irrespective of circumstances.
there are a lot of political marriages all over the world, some we know here in our Nigeria.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by lightblazingnow(m): 10:53am On May 01, 2017
Why
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Boldtrust(m): 11:28am On May 01, 2017
Anusiemgood:

bros, what about your kids, do you allow your wife go her church with them
Yes. When the grow up, they can make their own choices. My job job is to keep them morally and religiously fit/healthy. I grew up in a Catholic home, yet I'm not a Catholic today.

The going-to-the-same-church thing is highly over rated.
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by montezz(f): 2:37pm On May 01, 2017
MarieSucre:

I can be patient. smiles. Anytime you're ready.
Aiit love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA / Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" / 5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.