Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You (18986 Views)

7 Different Churches In One Building in Lagos, See Nigerians' Reactions / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Signboard Of 4 Different Churches In The Same Building / Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by whirlwind7(m): 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
lightblazingnow:

He sent her to the UK and he stayed in south Africa, traveling the world without her in the end you heard the pains of the woman. She felt she is not having enough of the husband attention and caring. She even accused him of adultery which personally I don't believe such ever happened. I repeat pastor Chris whom I know and have met several times would never even contemplate of such.

When I got to that part in bold, I just shake my head.

Another sheep.
What do you even know about his personal life? Are you with him at all times?

2 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by promisechild(m): 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
Big lie
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
Oyind17:
You no dey go Church?
please leave me alone
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Empredboy(m): 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
I broke up with my fiancee of 5years because we couldn't take a decision about our faith. She attended four square while I attend catholic. I thought she was going to become a Catholic not that i was selfish but because she couldn't answer my questions.
The questions were
(1) if We attend different churches which one will our children attend? She said anyone . But i said family that prays together...
(2) her family has attended different churches since their birth until she settled for four square what is the assurance that she won't change church in future? But she said she won't. After 6 month she changed to an unknown church because she said she wanted a banking job from the pastors wife who had connection in one of these banks. Abeg it's not worth trying
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by noziz(m): 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2017
could u people help on how i can sue network providers? one of them jst made an unsolicited deductions of my credit, and i needed to subscribe for data with the money. i dey vex well well...

2 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by kevoh(m): 12:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
That is how people like op (Pentecostal stock) angry go about with their stupid religious opinion and destroying homes. Ex Governor Fashola a Muslim, is happily married to his Christian wife. I am yet to hear of divorce from their camp. I know a number of grand relatives who attend different churches till they passed away.

1 Like

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by OgidiOlu3(m): 12:34pm On Apr 30, 2017
TRAY2:
Op it depends on the couple.My Grandpa was a Cross bearer while my Grandma is still a Presbyterian till date, they lived and raised a great family happily together.
Are you a cross bearer bro?

1 Like

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by MakeADifference: 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
Empredboy

I know it is annoying, having experienced it first hand.

However, if the reasons for changing church is OK, no problems. I won't ever change churches cos of 'connection' etc.

But if you have a life that's currently mobile, you may experience the need to change.
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Boldtrust(m): 12:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
Seriously? There are many things that keep a marriage. Attending the same church is only 0.5% of them. My wife is a devoted Catholic while I'm an ardent member of Christ Embassy. We've been together for years but have no reason to despise each others religious views. We pray and preach together at home. It's a matter of mature mindedness coupled with spiritual maturity.

3 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Benekruku(m): 12:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
lightblazingnow:
Have you ever seen husband and wife attending different churches? I have. And it's the beginning of divorce. First of all couples need to realise that marriage is unity of the body. They have become one and none should divide them, not even a church membership.

The way and manner membership of divers churches is getting into the lives and marriages of several families in Nigeria and the world is alarming. Take for instance the marriage of one of the greatest preachers of our time pastor Chris of Christ Embassy, how his marriage hit the rock because of ignorance. He thought he was serving the living God and separated with his wife physically.

He sent her to the UK and he stayed in south Africa, traveling the world without her in the end you heard the pains of the woman. She felt she is not having enough of the husband attention and caring. She even accused him of adultery which personally I don't believe such ever happened. I repeat pastor Chris whom I know and have met several times would never even contemplate of such.

The point I am trying to make is, stop attending different churches husband and wife. If you are a pastor and you have branches, stay with your wife or husband in the same place. Hear the same message, pray the same prayer points and stay together. No man should divide them.

Just an advice oo. If you have any contrary view let me know.

Hello!

Never vouch for anything that blood runs within it. Never!

U would have done same for Suleman 2years ago

2 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Anusiemgood(m): 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
I think understanding is the main key to this, once the couple understand themselves things will go well with them but my question is this, What happens to the children if the man insist that the children will go to his church and you also aware that children are more closer to the Mother than the father.
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Anusiemgood(m): 12:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
Boldtrust:
Seriously? There are many things that keep a marriage. Attending the same church is only 0.5% of them. My wife is a devoted Catholic while I'm an ardent member of Christ Embassy. We've been together for years but have no reason to despise each others religious views. We pray and preach together at home. It's a matter of mature mindedness coupled with spiritual maturity.
bros, what about your kids, do you allow your wife go her church with them
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by sniperr007(m): 12:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
Lol.. There just has to be some room for compromise..

If I should marry a girl outside the catholic faith, well we can get married in her church.. But the kids will be baptized and brought up in the catholic church and we both will attend same church ..

U think ladies like catholic. The Mary aspect scares them
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
Lol.. There just has to be some room for compromise..

If I should marry a girl outside the catholic faith, well we can get married in her church.. But the kids will be baptized and brought up in the catholic church and we both will attend same church ..
how is that compromise

2 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by sniperr007(m): 12:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
optionB:
The most important thing is understanding despite religious differences.

This isn't religious difference. Its bigotry
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
Well its best for both husband, wife and kids attends the same church, no big deal in it .
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
Afam4eva:

Which is worse between being from different churches and religion.
bros I marry a Muslim, I know she worships in a mosque and not a church, but if my wife happens to be a christian, we both dresses up on Sunday morning, I go to one church and she goes to another undecided That's not really cool jor... Just my.opinion sha o
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
funmisticqueen:
how is that compromise
which part didn't I not compromise Funmi?,please try and read well
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by etzmiezbee(f): 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
it depend on d couple's decision. My dad attend CAC while my mum and we d kids attend TAC
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
sniperr007:

U think ladies like catholic. The Mary aspect scares them
lol and so does d speaking in tongues binding and casting aspect scares me.. I don't do all that shii

1 Like

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 30, 2017
Some people place their church above marriage. smh
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
which part didn't I not com
promise Funmi?,please try and read well
traditionally the marriage is done in the bride's church but you insisting that the children must be baptized catholic is plain selfishness and failure to compromise on your part. either two of you leave your church and go to another together or two of you alternate which child goes to which church on sunday and then later the child will choose. my dad is Baptist, my mum is redeemed when I went to baptist church at age 7. I hated it immediately and told my parents, later I stopped going to redeem and found a small pentecostal church which suited my needs.
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2017
onyenze123:
Some people place their church above marriage. smh
I tire o
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
funmisticqueen:
traditionally the marriage is done in the bride's church but you insisting that the children must be baptized catholic is plain selfishness and failure to compromise on your part. either two of you leave your church and go to another together or two of you alternate which child goes to which church on sunday and then later the child will choose. my dad is Baptist, my mum is redeemed when I went to baptist church at age 7. I hated it immediately and told my parents, later I stopped going to redeem and found a small pentecostal church which suited my needs.
for fvcks sake I am d man ... Must everything be done in her church? They are my kids ..

1 Like

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
funmisticqueen:
for fvcks sake I am d man ... Must everything be done in her church?

1 Like

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by uju22(f): 12:58pm On Apr 30, 2017
I am not saying you are wrong ohh, but understanding thus really matter between both parties. And the example of pastor Chris na na
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by aluko360(m): 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
people just carry this church matter for head like dandruff.

major causes of divorce are

*infidelity

* sexual incompabilty

*lack of trust

*finance

*infertility

btw, i have a neighbour who does not attend church but his wife and kids does.
They are still together after 15 years. The wife has chosen to love him the way he is.

4 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by emperormossad(m): 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
montezz:
No one knows what works and what doesn't in marriage. What actually kept mine might crush yours. It depends on mutual understanding and agreement. My mum attends RCCG, dad attends Deeper life. I don't go to Church at all. My siblings go to RCCG. They are the best couple I have ever seen. 27years and they are still together in love.
Abegi jare.
Same here. My Dad and Mom attended D.Life. My Dad called it quits with them when I was in high school. Now only Mom and last kid still goes there, the rest of us O.Y.O. Marriage still kicking strong. Distance matters though, out of sight sounds kinda terrifying to say the least. Boils down to individuals @ the end, they ought to find what suits them eventually.
27 no be small number oo...you go like share small gist na, make we learn small small. wink

1 Like

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Empredboy(m): 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
MakeADifference:
Empredboy

I know it is annoying, having experienced it first hand.

However, if the reasons for changing church is OK, no problems. I won't ever change churches cos of 'connection' etc.

But if you have a life that's currently mobile, you may experience the need to change.
that was my response to her too
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
for fvcks sake I am d man ... Must everything be done in her church?
and that is the genesis of wahala. really you just had to say that you are a man, you think she does not know that before, guys play that man of the house card the same way women play the victim card. continue o. after all it is you that is looking for a wife

2 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
please leave me alone
I no hold you
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by mysticwarrior(m): 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2017
space007:
bros I marry a Muslim, I know she worships in a mosque and not a church, but if my wife happens to be a christian, we both dresses up on Sunday morning, I go to one church and she goes to another undecided That's not really cool jor... Just my.opinion sha o
you married a Muslim woman and you are a christian, because muslims don't allow their women to married outside their religion and tend to see a non muslim as an infidel, pls how were you able to conquer that? pls note am a christian and I mean no disrespect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Things You Should Do Before You Die / Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Graduates With A Phd From Regent University, US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.