Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,224 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard (1851 Views)

Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori / Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi / $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ourema(f): 8:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ill-health and his limited activities notwithstanding, Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari "is fit enough" to stand for reelection, the country’s transport minister has said.
Rotimi Amaechi, a former governor of Rivers State, one of the oil-rich states in the Niger Delta and currently of the two so-called super ministers in Buhari’s cabinet, believed the president's infirmity was not serious enough to preclude him from putting in one more term.
“If you look at the president since he came to the country, you will see there is a huge improvement,” Amaechi, who was the director-general of Buhari’s campaign said on Channels Television’s
Hard Copy. “He’s regaining his weight. This is a 74-year old man, he is no longer a 58-old man, he is not 50...he is not a young man."
Buhari left Nigeria on January 19 for London to “undergo routine medical check-ups” during a short holiday. He only returned on March 10 after an extended period of medical treatment. He also hinted at the possibility of him going back for more treatment.
But what Nigerians should be more worried about, Amaechi said, is his ability [or lack thereof] to provide good leadership and deliver on the campaign promises he made, which were just three, according to the former Rivers governor.
“He made three [campaign promises]. The rest are propagandas, social media propagandas,” he said.
When asked if he would support Buhari if he stands for re-election in 2019, Amaechi replied in affirmative. “I will advise that he should,” he said.
"The president is fit enough to govern and if he makes the decision to run again, if he does, I don't think there is anything wrong in supporting him."
Kaduna State governor Nasir El-Rufai recently expressed similar sentiments.
But in spite of Amaechi’s vote of confidence in Buhari’s health, there are still questions to be answered.
Shortly after his return from London in March, Buhari acknowledged he was terribly sick but did not disclose the true nature of his ailment.
"I couldn't recall being so sick since I was a young man," he said at a meeting with security chiefs and ministers. He also confessed to receiving "blood transfusions” and “going to the laboratories and so on and so forth".
He has also been absent from the last couple of Federal Executive Council meetings usually held at the presidential villa, leaving Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to chair those meetings. Moreover, The Guardian reported that he was also missing the Juma’at prayer at Aso Villa mosque last Friday.
But the presidency insisted that there was no reason for Nigerians to panic. It said Buhari scale down his activities at the Nigerian seat of power on doctors’ advice.
"As eager as he is to be up and about, the President's doctors have advised on his taking things slowly, as he fully recovers from the long period of treatment in the United Kingdom some weeks ago," Buhari's media aide Garba Shehu said.
His absence at the last FEC meeting was a last minute decision, he said without stating what informed the decision.

http://m.guardian.ng/news/buhari-healthy-enough-for-a-second-term-says-amaechi/
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by cuedish: 8:10pm On Apr 30, 2017
I wonder if this ame-thief has a brain.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ourema(f): 8:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
cuedish:
I wonder if this ame-thief has a brain.
The man is protecting his belly and you are here talking

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by cuedish: 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2017
ourema:

The man is protecting his belly and you are here talking

Nigeria is almost in a dead state....we don't need hopeless politicians.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ourema(f): 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2017
On the other hand these are the people worsening the health of the President. They are the people over heating the process of healing. Simply say the president is sick. We will be OK with that. But when you keep on projecting the president for an election that is 2yrs away and the people know that the person you are projecting is not OK. The entire nation becomes over heated
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2017
Now I'm convinced that we are being led by money-driven zombies....
Nigeria don suffer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ourema(f): 3:51am On May 01, 2017
OrestesDante:
Now I'm convinced that we are being led by money-driven zombies....
Nigeria don suffer.
I have known this for a while now
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by opalu: 4:08am On May 01, 2017
Healthy enough
But not young enough
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by Vicolan: 6:38am On May 01, 2017
Finally am convinced that they really want this buhari to die on seat.....So greedy cabals .........Let's wait and see comes 2019 then
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ajebuter(f): 6:41am On May 01, 2017
Only 2023 sir?

Methink 2050 is more apt sir.

Sai Buhari everybody ...
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by Nobody: 7:03am On May 01, 2017
ourema:
I have known this for a while now
Clap for yourself.
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by Busuyep: 7:12am On May 01, 2017
I think our politicians should not drive this man to his grave earlier. Let Buhari speak for himself...he knws what goes on in his body. He is the best to tell whether his strength can outlead 2019.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ourema(f): 8:02am On May 01, 2017
OrestesDante:

Clap for yourself.
Why did you say so? I said I have known this a while now and you are saying that I should clap for myself as if the clapping I did in the church is not enough
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by hardywaltz(m): 8:13am On May 01, 2017
Sai Baba
We will vote for you again
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by Defaramade(m): 8:16am On May 01, 2017
Amaechi you well so

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by Krossbow123: 8:45am On May 01, 2017
amechi...may God dash u brain
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:47am On May 01, 2017
I'm sure none of his ministers have seen him for the past three weeks. Everybody is just acting the cabal script. Spits for this country.
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by Jesusloveyou: 9:09am On May 01, 2017
Vicolan:
Finally am convinced that they really want this buhari to die on seat.....So greedy cabals .........Let's wait and see comes 2019 then
just 4month final treatment will be enough to run for 2019 election

1 Like

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ourema(f): 10:02am On May 01, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
I'm sure none of his ministers have seen him for the past three weeks. Everybody is just acting the cabal script. Spits for this country.
So every one of the minister is now claiming Presidency
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by Vicolan: 10:04am On May 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
cheesy
Jesusloveyou:
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ourema(f): 9:16pm On May 02, 2017
Busuyep:
I think our politicians should not drive this man to his grave earlier. Let Buhari speak for himself...he knws what goes on in his body. He is the best to tell whether his strength can outlead 2019.
That is what they are trying to do
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ourema(f): 10:54pm On May 02, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
The Constitution says the president of the nation can remain away from his seat for a period of 90 days after which the National Assembly can declare the president seat vacant and a new election conducted
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ourema(f): 11:53am On May 04, 2017
opalu:
Healthy enough But not young enough
The president is young at heart in his ripe age of 74yrs
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by phemmie06(m): 12:02pm On May 04, 2017
Ameachi does that mean that none of your age group are intelligent to govern this country or you are using PMB to cover your evil deeds. South South are not proud of you
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by mekaboy(m): 12:20pm On May 04, 2017
He will contest from home. Let buhari come out and say it with his mouth. Or will osibanjo represent him during campaign like he does in FEC?
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ourema(f): 12:38pm On May 04, 2017
phemmie06:
Ameachi does that mean that none of your age group are intelligent to govern this country or you are using PMB to cover your evil deeds. South South are not proud of you
He is actually saying that in a polite way
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by osile2012: 1:23pm On May 04, 2017
lets see
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ourema(f): 11:01am On May 06, 2017
ajebuter:
Only 2023 sir?
Methink 2050 is more apt sir.
Sai Buhari everybody ...
Seriously? 2050?
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ajebuter(f): 11:24am On May 06, 2017
ourema:
Seriously? 2050?
.Emma..identify sarcasm sharp sharp..
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ourema(f): 2:40pm On May 06, 2017
ajebuter:
.Emma..identify sarcasm sharp sharp..
OK o!
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by ourema(f): 8:14pm On May 06, 2017
hardywaltz:
Sai Baba We will vote for you again
Seriously?
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard by hardywaltz(m): 8:31pm On May 06, 2017
ourema:

Seriously?
Yes we will

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Are We Going To Have An Igbo President / IPOBR Declares Nnamdi Kanu Wanted, Says Anambra Election Must Hold / IPOB Using Fake Videos To Hoodwink International Community – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.