Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

NLC Cancels May Day Celebration In Kogi To Protest Non-payment Of Salary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Cancels May Day Celebration In Kogi To Protest Non-payment Of Salary (363 Views)

Makinde To Bello - I Am In Kogi To Screen PDP Candidates That Will Face You / Soldiers Storm Kogi To Stop Fulani Herdsmen Vs Farmers Clashes(pics) / Fayose Wore Shorts To May Day Celebration In Ekiti (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC Cancels May Day Celebration In Kogi To Protest Non-payment Of Salary by Baze1(m): 7:24am On May 01, 2017
The Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) in Kogi has canceled the celebration of this year’s May Day in the state in protest over the non-payment of workers’ salaries and monthly pensions of retirees.In a statement released on Sunday in Lokoja, (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) said the decision was taken in solidarity with the affected workers and pensioners.
The statement was jointly signed by the state Chairman of the NLC, Mr Onu Edoka and his TUC counterpart, Mr Ranti Ojo. According to unions, the non-payment of salary to a large number of workers and pensioners over the past 14 months has destroyed the civil service and the workforce of the state.

Re: NLC Cancels May Day Celebration In Kogi To Protest Non-payment Of Salary by ivandragon: 7:49am On May 01, 2017
even the FG hasn't paid salaries for the month of April...
Re: NLC Cancels May Day Celebration In Kogi To Protest Non-payment Of Salary by Defaramade(m): 7:53am On May 01, 2017
Pathetic undecided

Re: NLC Cancels May Day Celebration In Kogi To Protest Non-payment Of Salary by Nobody: 7:56am On May 01, 2017
Re: NLC Cancels May Day Celebration In Kogi To Protest Non-payment Of Salary by eyeview: 8:14am On May 01, 2017
I was in lokoja last week. The kind of suffering and lamentation I hear at every office and gathering was so disheartening.
Why has that boy called Yahaya bello sold his conscience?
And I heart what he enjoys best is to stop his convoy at any major bus stop or gathering to throw some cash in the air and watch people fall over themselves for it.
If there is something I loved about PDP, they could sanction erring and non performing PDP governors when their people's cry gets heard. If the governor won't heed to advice, they will deny him second term ticket. There are many of such examples and sadly many of such sanctioned non performing one term extra governors are now APC leaders.
But in APC, they are free to victimize and loot their state dry and nobody from the federal can question them. Infact, once you can become a friend of Buhari, you can return to your state and loot your workers salary freely.

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: APC Governor Pumping His Chest For Owning Workers 12 Months Salary / Gov Rochas Appoints Uriel, Bbnaija Star As Imo Carnival Ambassador (VIDEO) / FG Unveils N186m Maritime Security Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.