Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,278 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (429322 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by mechola(m): 12:55am On Jan 18, 2016
Greetings NL's. can anyone recommend any genuine and cheap land in Enugu metropolis, in a maximum price of 3million, God bless all of us
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by mayana7: 6:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
well researched post by the lawyer
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by chuks1000: 9:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
Pls I want to know, what is the easiest way of getting complete title over a property with deed of assignment to two people ( husband and wife). I a the husband and the marriage is about to go into divorce, what can I do to get complete title as i. Provide almost 99 % of the funds for buying and developing the property and only included my wife's name in good faith when then marriage was going well
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by PearlStreet(m): 11:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
chuks1000:
Pls I want to know, what is the easiest way of getting complete title over a property with deed of assignment to two people ( husband and wife). I a the husband and the marriage is about to go into divorce, what can I do to get complete title as i. Provide almost 99 % of the funds for buying and developing the property and only included my wife's name in good faith when then marriage was going well

Does the Deed of Assignment covering the property already have a Governor's Consent processed or it's unprocessed?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by chuks1000: 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
Yes it has governor's consent
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by chuks1000: 11:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
PearlStreet:

Does the Deed of Assignment covering the property already have a Governor's Consent processed or it's unprocessed?

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by PearlStreet(m): 11:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
chuks1000:

Hmmn... that's where a pre-nuptial agreement would have saved you. All subsequent transactions on that property must be executed by the two of you and endorsed by the Governor.

In any case, your wife also has eyes on that very property, so I advise that you don't do anything illegal so she doesn't hit you with a criminal case.

Sent you a PM, there may be other solutions you may explore.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by chuks1000: 7:57am On Jan 25, 2016
PearlStreet:

Hmmn... that's where a pre-nuptial agreement would have saved you. All subsequent transactions on that property must be executed by the two of you and endorsed by the Governor.

In any case, your wife also has eyes on that very property, so I advise that you don't do anything illegal so she doesn't hit you with a criminal case.

I ve replied ur pm
Waiting for ur response
Thx
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by chuks1000: 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2016
PearlStreet:

Hi Pearlstreet

I replied ur msg

Awaiting ur respinse

Thx
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by PearlStreet(m): 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2016
chuks1000:

Hi Pearlstreet

I replied ur msg

Awaiting ur respinse

Thx

Hello sir, would reply ASAP.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by eluquenson(m): 8:21am On Jan 27, 2016
Good day my able people, i have been following this thread for a while and i must admit...it's very interesting.
I will like you guys to advice me on what to do about this issue.

I bought a land precisely half a plot 30ft by 120ft at Aseese, Ogun State. I spoke with an Achy friend who now told me i can't get any documentation for half a plot except it's a 3/4 or full plot. I couldn't dispute that statement as am new to that, but i believe asking here will suffice.

I appreciate your candid opinions.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by AreaFada2: 9:44am On Jan 28, 2016
eluquenson:
Good day my able people, i have been following this thread for a while and i must admit...it's very interesting.
I will like you guys to advice me on what to do about this issue.

I bought a land precisely half a plot 30ft by 120ft at Aseese, Ogun State. I spoke with an Achy friend who now told me i can't get any documentation for half a plot except it's a 3/4 or full plot. I couldn't dispute that statement as am new to that, but i believe asking here will suffice.

I appreciate your candid opinions.

Following this. Responses would the appreciated.

@Eloquenson, what document did you get when you bought it? Just receipt?

Because I have seen some half plots with r/s in Lagos. Or were they fake? shocked shocked

Is this the case only in Ogun State or every state?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by eluquenson(m): 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2016
AreaFada2:

Following this. Responses would the appreciated.

@Eloquenson, what document did you get when you bought it? Just receipt?

Because I have seen some half plots with r/s in Lagos. Or were they fake? shocked shocked

Is this the case only in Ogun State or every state?
I only have a family receipt now. I will do the Land survey but intended to have a discussion with a friend who said in Lagos state to be precise, they don't issue documentation like c of o to a half plot owner.
He also said any document for such land is fake.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by AreaFada2: 6:56pm On Jan 28, 2016
eluquenson:
I only have a family receipt now. I will do the Land survey but intended to have a discussion with a friend who said in Lagos state to be precise, they don't issue documentation like c of o to a half plot owner.
He also said any document for such land is fake.
Wow! It seems the more you look the less you see with Lagos land matter o.
Oga NL lawyer, please come and clarify this o.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by haykay2005: 6:03pm On Feb 01, 2016
Following
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by meetvic: 5:59am On Feb 03, 2016
Good morning fellow nairalanders. I want to buy a property in Abeokuta Ogun state. I have done a land chat and was informed that the property is not under Acquisition. Now someone should guide me on how to get the true owner of the property. A lawyer is selling the property claiming he has been authorised to seĺl it. And he is selling through an agent. Please advice me on what to do to know the true owners of the property.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by PearlStreet(m): 12:31am On Feb 05, 2016
meetvic:
Good morning fellow nairalanders. I want to buy a property in Abeokuta Ogun state. I have done a land chat and was informed that the property is not under Acquisition. Now someone should guide me on how to get the true owner of the property. A lawyer is selling the property claiming he has been authorised to seĺl it. And he is selling through an agent. Please advice me on what to do to know the true owners of the property.

Since a lawyer is selling, my one and omly advice for you is to get a lawyer to advise you in this transaction. Otherwise, you wouldn't recognize a trap the selling lawyer sets for you until you're already in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
How true is this story o?

EFCC have charged Monan trading company and others including Mrs. Moji Yakubu for forgery of deed of assignment and the stealing of Oyetubo Joko Tade Estate Resources Limited’s land in Sango Tedo, Eti-Osa LG, Lagos State.
This is the culmination of a long drawn battle between the plot owners on one hand, and Monan trading company alongside some disgruntled family members (Omoniles) who allegedly aided the alleged forgery and resale of lands already sold and possessed by legitimate plot owners from Legal Partnership Consult, the authentic attorney to Oyetubo Joko Tade Estate Resouces Limited.
It has been a long walk to seek justice but we, plot owners, have faith that justice, equity and fairness will prevail. We have pursued legitimate route to address the matter and have also warned members of the public not to buy stolen lands from Monan.
In the course of such warnings, we encountered many attacks from the foot soldiers of Monan trading company, even on Nairaland. A respected lawyer on Nairaland is one of them.
Please see Punch report of the proceedings at the last hearing of the case. Case has been adjourned to 11th February for arraignment.

http://www.punchng.com/court-challenges-efcc-on-n800m-land-theft-charges/

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by clip: 5:09am On Feb 06, 2016
Thank you for the information
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lawyer(m): 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
3strike:
How true is this story o?
EFCC have charged Monan trading company and others including Mrs. Moji Yakubu for forgery of deed of assignment and the stealing of Oyetubo Joko Tade Estate Resources Limited’s land in Sango Tedo, Eti-Osa LG, Lagos State.
This is the culmination of a long drawn battle between the plot owners on one hand, and Monan trading company alongside some disgruntled family members (Omoniles) who allegedly aided the alleged forgery and resale of lands already sold and possessed by legitimate plot owners from Legal Partnership Consult, the authentic attorney to Oyetubo Joko Tade Estate Resouces Limited.
It has been a long walk to seek justice but we, plot owners, have faith that justice, equity and fairness will prevail. We have pursued legitimate route to address the matter and have also warned members of the public not to buy stolen lands from Monan.
In the course of such warnings, we encountered many attacks from the foot soldiers of Monan trading company, even on Nairaland. A respected lawyer on Nairaland is one of them.
Please see Punch report of the proceedings at the last hearing of the case. Case has been adjourned to 11th February for arraignment.
http://www.punchng.com/court-challenges-efcc-on-n800m-land-theft-charges/

The last time i joined issues with olaoreawofele because of Monan i regretted doing it because some people come to Nairaland to instigate fights to make people look stupid. I have learned not to do that again. I won't join issues with anyone again here. You can bring my name into your conversations to provoke comments but i won't not wrestle in the mud with you again. Monan issue is the only issue you bring to Nairaland and i gullibly got sucked into the conversation that went out of hand. You are free to update us on Monan but i would not be participating in it in anyway. If you say i attacked you back then, i am sorry and it was done in the heat of passion when you also provoked me me to react.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.