Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,713 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction (69900 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:04pm On May 19, 2018
Jackossky:
You know, i was reading this story and I can't help but say that 'You are good'
Apollux, I'm beefing you; do you know why? How can you start the literal ingenious piece without giving me a mention?
And you know I am one of your ardent reader back then, who even had the pdf file you sent to me. How come it all changed?
Apollux, Sola is beefing you seriously.
Ohhhhh so sorry. You know concentrating on typing this story takes a lot of my attention. Pls forgive me. But I did notice that I haven't seen your comment on this story.
I just assumed most of Marvel fans will be able to see this story from the post I made about it on the part one and on MEMOIRS OF BLOOD AND STEEL, then join me here. Sorry if you missed that. Glad you are here though.
Please o, hope no more beef?
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:10pm On May 19, 2018
neyohpee:
A Pollux,you have to tell us How marvel survive that explosion?
Lol, that's trade secret.

Actually, the car was already at thruster speed above that of the explosion but the difference been that the Nexon 3 air car propulsion kicked in a little later than the explosion. So the periphery of the fire ball was still able to get the car before it pulled out safely. The car's armored covering gave it some amount of protection. But it still got damaged. Marvel didn’t return with the car to Nuterra.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by neyohpee: 11:17pm On May 19, 2018
Apollux:

Lol, that's trade secret.

Actually, the car was already at thruster speed above that of the explosion but the difference been that the Nexon 3 air car propulsion kicked in a little later than the explosion. So the periphery of the fire ball was still able to get the car before it pulled out safely. The car's armored covering gave it some amount of protection. But it still got damaged. Marvel didn’t return with the car to Nuterra.

haha, thanks. Trying to imagine Jade's reaction when she discovered he's not dead. Glued to this masterpiece. well done
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Jackossky(m): 10:19pm On May 20, 2018
Apollux:

Ohhhhh so sorry. You know concentrating on typing this story takes a lot of my attention. Pls forgive me. But I did notice that I haven't seen your comment on this story.
I just assumed most of Marvel fans will be able to see this story from the post I made about it on the part one and on MEMOIRS OF BLOOD AND STEEL, then join me here. Sorry if you missed that. Glad you are here though.
Please o, hope no more beef?

On my way to read the memoirs of blood and steel.
You haven't seen my comment because I just came across it 3days ago.
Used a day to finish reading it. Waiting for more.
Don't mind me, should have left some for another day but I was too enthralled by your mastery piece that I couldn't stop till I finished everything.
In a simple term,
You rock.

Signed,
Sola.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 4:19pm On May 22, 2018
Apollox what happen na...show us some love
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:11pm On May 22, 2018
After James was taken out of the room, almost every one heaved a sigh of relief. Marvel laughed loudly despite himself and Hardwire was having a self satisfied smirk on his lips.
“Gotta admit general, I never saw this coming. “
“It’s been a long time coming, too long as a matter of fact . “ the general pulled out a stim soda can, popped the lid and poured himself a drink. He sipped a little then grimaced. “There is so much his political cover can over look. Right now the Senate and President are in panic mood, needing heads to roll over all these fiasco, I gave them his. “

“Well this more than make up for the bad day I was having previously. “
“So Marvel what are the chances of getting anything from the data we lost? “
“You will have to ask the cyborg about that. “
“Dr. Bryant? “ General Leyland asked facing the cyborg.

“A possibility exists. The data console has to be open and the storage compartment thoroughly looked over by deep scans. Traces of earlier stored data can be found. But I can’t do that here. “
“Alright, let me know about anything you need to get that done. The retrieval of that data takes priority. “

“No sir my payment takes priority. “ Marvel cut in. “I rescued the senator and his family as requested. But a whole lot got involved in that job that I believe our initial agreed amount of remuneration was not adequate to cover all of that. “
“Occupational hazard is what I termed that. You took the job, finished it and get paid the agreed fee. All other happenings weren’t part of the deal. “ The general said in jest.

“Seem I was too patriotic, offering all those information and debriefing for, how it now appears, free. “
“Well I would have been forced to come and arrest you myself son. “ Leyland laughed. “That would have been pretty interesting. Well you just showed us how loyal you are to your government. “
“I’m loyal to no one, patriotism never gets anyone fed. Sir you are owing me big time for this. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:14pm On May 22, 2018
“Yes I’m aware of that and I will pay you handsomely for it. The earth government are sparing no expense to getting this done. “ Taking a quick swig of the soda with his lips curling disdainfully, he hissed . “Damn I hate this thing, tastes like cat urine. “ Turning to face the bounty hunter again, he concluded. “Help me clear up this Marvel and I’d triple the agreed amount. “
Marvel turned to look at the Mole who was slowly nodding his head in agreement and his teeth flashing a greedy smile. “Alright sir, we are in business. “ Marvel threw the watching general a perfect salute though he was still sitting.

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

Few days have passed and Marvel had taken the time to rest and treat his injuries. Scar tissues that have criss crossed his body are almost all but disappeared leaving just faint marks on his skin. The micro surgeries had worked their wonders and spending some time under the rejuvenating machine at the hospital has helped healed his strained muscles.

At the moment he is in his private quarters in the new place he had set up as a base of operations. Doctors Guthrie and Bryant, had really worked hard to bring this place up to his expectations. Security is top notch and the surveillance equipment were well done. The new addition to this place absent from the other places he had used in the past was a new kind of cloaking technology that both doctors have cooked up.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:19pm On May 22, 2018
In a way Marvel has had a soft spot for the city of Imra where he had taken his residence for some years now. Despite the destruction of his house during the Mantis troops attack, he had still refused to totally uproot him self from the small city. Though that is a dangerous way to live for someone in his line of work. He had desired to get a base of operations in Imra, which has led to this.

The major natural features of this city is the massive lake Imra, from which the city has gotten its name. The lake has been termed an inland sea because of its size and depth. The city is located at the western shore of the lake, while towards the north are the tall dome silos of the corporations that had taken the advantage of the fertile lands around the lake to build huge agricultural facilities and factories.

These were surrounded by the dense forest covering about three quarters of the lands around the lake. At some time in the past a small corporation had wanted to build a biogentic kind of food, hoping to accelerate the process of growing food much faster than the mega corporations already on ground at that place. Their method is by bioculturing, using a certain genetically enhanced bacteria that acts like yeast, injected into certain seeds and crops causing a huge out put per harvest.

The corporation had built an under water lab, in the lake, to create and culture these unique food enhancement bacteria, as under the lake was seen as the ideal place to conduct the experiment. Had it worked, it would have driven the prices of food down and the other mega corporations would have had their strong monopoly over the prices of food challenged and forced to lower their prices.

Something happened though. The experiment failed, the corporation went bankrupt and was bought over by another corporation in New Haven. Though rumors had been flying that the more powerful mega corporations had sabotage the efforts of that company, by infiltrating it and setting up a spy to ruin the experiment. Because they were afraid to loose their fangled hold on food monopoly in Nuterra. Well there was never any proof of that, so the matter had died down and faded from most memories.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:25pm On May 22, 2018
Marvel had acquired the under water lab from a rich family who had also acquired it from another person, through a long line of purchases . The lab has been more than adequate for what Marvel needed. It was isolated and located deep beneath the waves of the lake, covered from all sides by the uneven layers of the lake bottom.

And with the cloaking tech added, this place will be almost impossible for anyone to locate except those that know it is there, where to look, how to look and the security codes to see it. It generates its own power by taping from a natural under ground thermal vent of hot steam which in a way is caused by a deep fault line of molten lever that runs deep below the lake bed and stem from the dormant volcanic mount Virtue several miles deep within the Imra forest.

The hot vent serves to hide the heat signatures generated by the lab using self propelled energy. Which gives the cloaking tech a more sure coverage. The lab was actually a lot bigger than the name suggests. Marvel has been able to carve out of it a small garage for his MAX 2 flyer and a newly ordered Nexon 3 air car that is yet to undergo the usual intensive modifications.

Since his last trusted armored Nexon 3 air car didn’t survive intact after his last job in Puerta del Cielo. Six sleeping quarters, a rec room, an armory, a training hall and a repair/building area, which took the greater bulk of the place. Communication and security space and a storage compartment. There are still empty places Marvel haven’t decided on what to use them foe yet.

He was alone at the moment having woken up from his medically induced sleep a while ago. The Mole might still be sleeping, recovering from the heavy battering the last job gave him. Guthrie was here with them going over Hardwire’s damaged portable data console with the cyborg, to see what can be salvaged from it.

Now Hardwire is the only one Marvel couldn’t really talk about. Since they got here, he has been acting kind of strange and secretive, taking only Dr. Guthrie and the cyborg into his confidence. He has been spending unusual amount of time in the repair room than with the cyborg and Dr. Guthrie in the communication area to help with the data retrieval.

Marvel has seen him several times lost in thoughts, scrolling through data on the holo projection from his wrist comm, then always going to Dr. Guthrie with questions on some advance mathematical equations and figures which he has been very guarded to say anything about and making sure Marvel gets to know nothing about. Marvel has been too tired to pay attention to him and demand for explanations because his treatment had taken most of his attention.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Olatoman(m): 5:39pm On May 22, 2018
Guess Hardwire doesn't want to bother his boss yet seeing the supposed direct link he has with the Earth Government.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by ninihorlah: 5:45pm On May 22, 2018
more, more and more
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 5:48pm On May 22, 2018
What is Hardwire hiding now.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by TeameeMoses(m): 10:15pm On May 22, 2018
At last the war is getting over/..... The story is gonna take a new turn now..
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Jackossky(m): 12:17am On May 25, 2018
I guess Hardwire is still loyal and want to surprise mar*** with his invention.
Still, there is a possibility of him being turned but that would shatter the root of the root of the story
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 9:07am On May 25, 2018
Apollox...show us love na..mean why Madrid go ripe Liverpool apart

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:47am On May 25, 2018
“You are awake sir. “ came a soft spoken cold female voice after which a holographic image of a female flashed on having a blue colored halo all round its frame.
“Yea ADA, but that doesn’t mean I’m ready to get up just yet. “ Marvel addressed the life sized hologram as he sat up on the pull out bed in his quarters. The first thing he had requested while the reconstruction and modification of this place was going on, is that ADA’s program should be first integrated into all the security systems and put in such a way that the Artificial Defense Assistant should run everything. “So any pressing thing of importance that requires my urgent attention? “

“Yes sir. Dr. Guthrie and Dr. Bryant have obtained partial reconstruction of the data recovered from the vault. They have instructed me to let you know of their success the moment you are awake. “
“Alright ADA, that’s enough to kick my ass outta bed. What about Mole? “ He asked the hologram as he lazily stretched his hand beyond the bed to the side table on which he had dropped his fatigue t-shirt.

“He’s been up about two hours earlier, already with the doctors in the communication room. They all await your presence. “
“Damn that Mole, he had to make me look bad by recovering much earlier than I did. Sometimes I feel that man is more mechanical parts than human. “ Marvel grumble as he staggered up on unsteady feet, kinks causing his joints to pop with sounds.

“Sir will you want the Mole to be removed from this facility then? “ ADA asked.
“Hell no, you want the Mole to wipe his ass with a kerchief made from the skin ripped off my face. “ Marvel walked towards the door. “Tell them all I’m joining them now. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:55am On May 25, 2018
Walking out of the room, he heads to the lift which took him to the communications room two levels above. This place have six levels, and the communications room is among the compartments at the very top. Getting to the top level, the door to the room recognized his bio signatures as a green light played over him close to the entrance. The door opened.

The communications room was very wide that it looks almost empty as vast spaces in it was still not being used. Some of the bulgy equipment haven’t been brought in here yet. But the basic things needed are already installed and working at full capacity. There were modems connected with large data consoles. Several holo monitors were on before the data consoles, at one wall is a full roof to floor 3D screen but off.

He saw the cyborg standing with Dr. Guthrie putting on a simple syth-shirt under a long white lab coat. They were both looking at something showing on screen of a big fixed data console on which is connected the damaged portable console belonging to Hardwire. The room was brightly lit and clean with white ceramic tiled ceiling and floor coated with plas-screen. The Mole was conversing with the doctors, while the holographic image of ADA was standing close by.

“What’s up guys, hope it was worth it enough to wake me from a much needed sleep?” Marvel said as he got in.
“Well depending if you are interested on the result of the data recovery efforts. “ the Mole turned to him at the sound of his voice. “Hope you are well rested? “
“I am. “ He glanced casually at the screen that they were looking at as he got close enough. He saw different folders on a menu, with some showing in ghost image icons, then there are those showing errors. “Where’s Hardwire? “
“He is in the repair area, going over some new modifications, at least that is what he said. “ Dr. Guthrie said as he scratched his bearded thoughtfully, still looking at a second monitor intently studying the words and figures appearing on it.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 12:00pm On May 25, 2018
“So I heard you guys were able to retrieve some of the data downloaded into Hardwire’s console. “ Marvel said not actually directing his words to anyone in particular.
“Yes but we were waiting for you to get here before reporting our results. “ Dr. Guthrie said. “Moreover general Leyland asked us to fill him in once we get any result. “

“ OK, make the call and get the general online. “ Marvel said looking at ADA. “Screen the call and bounce off the trace even from the general. No one except us in here must know this place exist. “
The 3D screen came on showing multiple colors as the call was screened and the encryption codes working to secure the call. While waiting for the call to go through, Hardwire walked in with a shocked look on him as he saw Marvel in the room as if he wasn’t expecting to see him there. He quickly averted his gaze and threw a quick look at Dr. Guthrie which the doctor returned back acknowledging with a short nod that was barely perceptible. Marvel caught all these, then turned to the Mole to see if he was aware of what just happened. The Mole was just staring at the colored 3D screen, but the smile plastered on his face was odd.

Marvel was wondering what could be going on? There definitely is a joke being made behind him and he seem to be the butt of the joke. Before he could think further on it, the screen changed and the face of general Leyland appeared on the it.
“Glad you are fully recovered Marvel to join us, “ the general said after taking a while to view those who makes up his audience. “Dr. Guthrie, hope you have some good news for me now?”
“Won’t really call any of what I have to say good news, but yes we have had some success in data retrieval. “ the doctor replied his voice sounding like a lecturer in front of his students.
“That shouldn’t be a problem, just give me what you have. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 12:04pm On May 25, 2018
“Alright general. “ Dr. Guthrie touched some control buttons on the consoles which made the 3D holo screen with the general’s face split into two, with one side replicating the same figures on the holo monitor of the console before him.

“The first item of real interest on the partially recovered data is human genetic modification and enhancement. We had a bit of evidence on that after the raid on AgroGen facility where six human sized pods were recovered with genetic materials that were in advanced stages of decay. The test results on the recovered samples showed they once belonged to humans. The degenerated stages of the tissue samples didn’t tell us much. But with what we have gotten now, it showed, the mega corporations, Trans Terra International, Iris System Securities and Syntech Industries were all involved in illegal genetic bioengineering experimentation. They aimed to create super human slaves or soldiers. “

After allowing the dramatic silence to have the desired effect, general Leyland asked. “So where are the test subjects? Any information on the level of their successes? “
“The full data on that was recently added. The six decayed corpses recovered from AgroGen showed they had some measures of failures.” Clicking on a the keyboard linked to the console, a new row of data appeared on the screen. “The partial reconstruction from what I have showed, that the other four test subjects all died too. The genetic bioengineering experimentation was a total failure. The reason I could get was that, the process worked in theory and single cell organisms but on more complex test subjects, the cellular bounding just couldn’t hold together. So it is safe to bet that the indicted mega corporations don’t have super soldiers hidden anywhere. “

“I for one I’m glad I don’t have to deal with super strong opponents. “ the Mole said in a manner uncharacteristic of him.
Leyland nodded his acknowledgement and faced the doctor. “Well that is still good news. So what else have you got for me? “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 12:14pm On May 25, 2018
“Well the new weapons they employed on the attack on Trans Terra tower, I’m ashamed to say was the logical conclusion to the cybernetic research project I was handling when I was still in the employ of the mega corporations. “

Pulling up some diagrams, half made figures and phonographs of mechanical parts, he continued . “My job was creating heavy duty mechanical covering to use for working in extreme conditions and hazardous surrounding. There are already huge mechanical constructs doing that but they are too big , slow and ungainly. Consume huge amounts of energy and can’t be as dexterous as humans. So smaller sized flexible and more maneuverable kinds were needed. The cybernetic concept was my invention but as at my last input there, we still have not solved the power supply issue. For Dr. Bryant here, his was successful because of the item we jointly call an ion crystal. It supplied the power and infused the cybernetic makeup with unexpected benefits and enhancements I am still studying.

“So the final act I did back then was a full cybernetic construct with no power source and not well working artificial intelligence programs to run it. But with the machines that attacked the tower, it showed they had perfected my designs, improved on it, solved the power problems and instead of using an artificial intelligence program have opted to put humans in it to drive it.
"But from the video clips I have seen, the machines were too well coordinated to just be piloted mechanically. The data here just proved the men who controlled the machines had on them helmets of cyber-neuronethic control which source I can’t say. I would believe the mega corporations have a brilliant neuro-cybernetic inventor. The data here didn’t state his or her name. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 12:41pm On May 25, 2018
Wow...alot of secretz in there u knw,kontinue man..mean why Madrid are going to Ripe Liverpool apart

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by TeameeMoses(m): 12:48pm On May 25, 2018
This is getting interesting.... Weldone Appolux.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Ultimategeneral: 1:42pm On May 25, 2018
neuro-cybernetics! hmm have never had of such before Bt was surprised dictionary had it.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:12pm On May 26, 2018
“Any idea how many of these machines exists? “ Marvel asked taking some interest on the figures showing on the monitor. “
“Ten were made. Though there was an initial prototype, but I don’t think it was successfully completed. “ Dr. Guthrie folded his arms on his chest as he replied. “But if they had created any after that ten, is unlikely, because their use here was maybe the first real life testing. Though I can’t say if the information here are reliable on that due to time lapse and lots of it were not recovered. “

“One was destroyed during my work on planet Puerta del Cielo. “ Marvel said.
“From my count at the site of the attack, another four were destroyed. “ Hardwire spoke throwing another knowing glance at the two doctors’ direction.
“So just five of them to still deal with. Seems like a formidable odd. “ Leyland said with a kind of dismissive air. “Anything on how and where these things were created? “

“Nothing concrete came up. While I was still working for the corporations on their special projects, they have lots of secret spots, hidden from the watchful eyes of earth government were illegal activities go on. So there isn’t really any specific place I can point out, but… “ at this Guthrie turned to the cyborg.
“I was able to pull out a highly secured data that took several cross references before it could become legible. “ the cyborg took up the narration as he moved his arm close to the console and delicate cables snaked away from it and connected to one of the port on the console. “There is a secret facility owned by all the corporations concerned jointly. It is code named Omiron 09, that is where these weapons were constructed.”

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:16pm On May 26, 2018
From the other side, general Leyland punched in the name to the data base available to him. He shook his head sadly after a while. “That name doesn’t exist. I have just accessed all known official, none official, clandestine and underground data systems, that place doesn’t come up. “
“It’s not a name I’m familiar with. Even with my close relationship with pirates and the information gathered from them, that name has never come up once. “ the Mole said, his face a show of deep concentration. “If anyone can know of this place, it will be a space pirate. “

“There is a familiar name tied to that place, Iron Bed Cluster.” The cyborg said again.
“Now that is a familiar name, and one that is never a good news in any of the telling. “ The Mole said shaking his head in disbelief. “That area is far away from any star system colonized or space lanes. There is nothing in that place. It’s just an area in space of densely packed rocks that is believed to have been a massive planetary body that broke apart millions of years ago. The gravity field within that area is strong enough to hold the rocks in place around each other. Initially, it was a place space pirates had thought they can hide from pursuit by the authorities.

"But the Iron Belt Cluster have proven to be a place that cannot be navigated. Thousands of kilometers of tightly packed stones and space rocks. Almost all the pirates that have sought to hide within the cluster had perished. None has ever survived except one. A retired pirate called Rabel Fisher. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:20pm On May 26, 2018
“From our deduction we believe the Omiron 09 is somewhere within the Iron Belt Cluster. “ Dr. Guthrie picked up the narration as the cyborg remained silent. “Either the mega corporations we are after have found a way to safely navigate the Iron Belt Cluster, and set up a secret facility there or this may be a misleading information. “
“I doubt that doctor, so far all other data recovered has proven accurate, besides they went to a great length just to keep these from outsiders. “ After a while the general faced the Mole. “Any possible way this single space pirate that has survived going into the Cluster can be the one that the mega corporations had used to successfully cross that area ? “

“If that was the case then Rabel would have disappeared. “ The Mole replied after some thoughtful moments. “But the last I heard of him was that he is still very much in view of everyone, openly making it a point that all should know he is retired from active buccaneering. “
“Clearly this is the only existing possibility of been able to locate that place successfully. We might need to seek his assistance. “

“Well general, that may not be so simple. “
“Why think so, Mr. Mole? “
“Because, Rabel even suspects someone in authority is looking at his direction, he will disappear underground and may never be found again. He is that good. “ Taking a hard look at Marvel with a smile that Marvel failed to return as his eyes were on Hardwire with a queer look on his face. “He should anyway if he had thrived as a successful pirate in the past. “

“Your speech seem to indicate you might know how to get to him before he disappears for good. “
“Maybe general but I’m not saying this with any hint of certainty, so I’m promising nothing. “
“That’s all I ask for. “ Turning once more to Dr. Guthrie, he asked. “Any other surprises from the data? “

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by TeameeMoses(m): 10:01am On May 28, 2018
Thanks for the update, Good job there by the cyborg and Doctor Guthrie
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 11:05am On May 28, 2018
A series of amazing updates,any new surprise from the data, I just can't wait.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 4:31pm On May 28, 2018
Wow that was waaaaaaa
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Taniaa(f): 11:23am On May 29, 2018
Apollux:
“From our deduction we believe the Omiron 09 is somewhere within the Iron Belt Cluster. “ Dr. Guthrie picked up the narration as the cyborg remained silent. “Either the mega corporations we are after have found a way to safely navigate the Iron Belt Cluster, and set up a secret facility there or this may be a misleading information. “
“I doubt that doctor, so far all other data recovered has proven accurate, besides they went to a great length just to keep these from outsiders. “ After a while the general faced the Mole. “Any possible way this single space pirate that has survived going into the Cluster can be the one that the mega corporations had used to successfully cross that area ? “

“If that was the case then Rabel would have disappeared. “ The Mole replied after some thoughtful moments. “But the last I heard of him was that he is still very much in view of everyone, openly making it a point that all should know he is retired from active buccaneering. “
“Clearly this is the only existing possibility of been able to locate that place successfully. We might need to seek his assistance. “

“Well general, that may not be so simple. “
“Why think so, Mr. Mole? “
“Because, Rabel even suspects someone in authority is looking at his direction, he will disappear underground and may never be found again. He is that good. “ Taking a hard look at Marvel with a smile that Marvel failed to return as his eyes were on Hardwire with a queer look on his face. “He should anyway if he had thrived as a successful pirate in the past. “

“Your speech seem to indicate you might know how to get to him before he disappears for good. “
“Maybe general but I’m not saying this with any hint of certainty, so I’m promising nothing. “
“That’s all I ask for. “ Turning once more to Dr. Guthrie, he asked. “Any other surprises from the data? “

carol cimdy baddiezz etheraeal Pamela zync
Updated version is enthralling.
High five.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 10:39am On May 30, 2018
“There are lots here that the Colonial Tax Bureau will be interested in. Figures of huge unremitted taxes, under the books funding for illegal projects and undeclared substantial assets acquisition which were done but records for them doesn’t exist on any official records. “ Shaking his head with disbelief, he continued. “Names of public government officials under their payroll, yearly payments for bribes and the list for the beneficiaries. Then there is something called Alpha, Beta and Gamma projects. “

“What are those? “ Marvel beat the general to asking the question first.
“Gamma project, seem to be the genetic experimentation, which failed and the creation of the machines, which are called ADMEC, Advance Defense Machine, according to what we could garner from the recovered data. That is all we could decipher from what we now have. “ Dr. Guthrie touched more controls which brought up a new menu on the monitor, with files crossed red with glowing words also in red which says “CORRUPTED”.

“As for Alpha and Beta projects, we know next to nothing because the files outlining them were among the most secured and most fragile, and were already damaged during the recovery. But I can make some presupposition. I think the Beta project involves massive building of something that might be weapons but will require huge amounts of fusion fuel, that getting it will draw unwanted attention from CSC to them. But seem they have discovered a way to do that without eye brows being raised.

"They may have completed part of that project. But what it really is, I can’t tell. Then for the Alpha project, it has to do with a radio signal sent to a particular part of unexplored region of space, which really is stupid any way. And Dr. Bryant name came up as part of the Alpha project. But what it is, I cannot tell. But please remember all I just said are just guesses. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 10:46am On May 30, 2018
Eli mono as usual,Apollux just made my day more interesting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply)

Baggage Claim / Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers / Matrimony Of Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.