Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction (68283 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by ayshow6102(m): 7:40pm On Jun 18, 2018
hi sir i am a huge fan of your works and i love all yours stories but i need a copy of the marvel chronicles 1&2 sent to my mail which is aytimothy7@gmail.com if you can send it to me i'll be very happy thanks in advance sir
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2018
✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

Marvel sat before a holo screen watching the data as it scrolled across it. The data cube taken from the ex pirate he had connected to a data console, going through the route that has been plotted to pass safely through the Iron Belt Cluster. ADA had run several simulation on all available data on that cube and it all seem dicey, just a tiny bit of error will cause total failure in been able to successfully navigate the dense area of the Cluster.

“There are thousands of moving space debris around that sector, an auto set navigation route will doubtlessly fail. “ The calm cold voice of ADA said as her holographic figure came in. “To successfully cross the Iron Belt Cluster, it has to be with manual control to compensate for the sudden and numerous unpredictable movements of the debris. Thousands of auto navigation simulation I have ran with the available data all failed “

He was worried about this though he shouldn’t have been surprised. If the Iron Belt Cluster have been such an easy place to cross it wouldn’t have the status it presently enjoy. Marvel knows he is not a top notch pilot, neither is any of those with him. He kept wondering how Rabel has been able to cross the place in the first instance.

During interrogation, the ex pirate had admitted, he had several close calls. It was while he was trying to escape pursuit from a rival pirate group that he had cheated that the idea of dashing into the Cluster had come to him. He had lost his pursuers at the peripheral area of the Cluster. Those who were smart stayed back from plunging into the area but the determined ones have chased him with their ships.

They were stupid to have put their vessels on auto piloting, a mistake Rabel didn’t make. Those who came after him then all had their ship crashed and destroyed in the dense debris. Rabel didn’t go far when his ship got damaged. He stayed there for days till he did a partial repair and piloted his craft limping out of the Cluster and was rescued by a ship that responded to his SOS distress call. His other pursuers that didn’t get into the Cluster after him thought he was dead as they witnessed the destruction of several ships.

After repairing his ship, dealing decisively with them, he had come back to the Iron Belt Cluster to navigate it successfully because he had seen the usefulness of the place. The successful plotting of a navigable path through the gigantic space rocks was a slow work that took him all of two years with several failures and near death misses. But he had succeeded and that has made him the most respected pirate among those he worked with. This was his best kept secret.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
Recalling the first words ADA had told him the first time he gave her the data to analyze and bring out a successful auto plotted part from the one Rabel has given them, she has said that the successful path used by the ex pirate to cross the Iron Belt Cluster defies logic. And Marvel has to come up with something concrete to justify the huge sum paid to him by general Leyland.

But so far it’s just what Rabel has given them which Marvel was sure will not satisfy him. The general has to answer to the senate arms committee, the president and the top security council on earth. Though from the agreement, he will have to personally go to the Iron Belt Cluster, navigate it successfully before he can send a reliable report back. Seems he will have to go in there with an unreliable Intel and try to navigate a dangerous place depending only on the information given to him by a two faced pirate who probably hates his guts. But go, he will have to and complete this assignment.

“ADA where are the others? “ He asked.
“Dr. Guthrie and Dr. Bryant are with the Mole in the control room, awaiting you at your earliest convenience. “ the Artificial Defense Assistant responded, the holographic female image came to stand before Marvel. Its light image glowing blue, she appears in the image of a corporate secretary.
“And where is Hardwire? “
“In the storage area is where his heat signature is located. “
“What does that mean? “
“Hardware has manually disconnected all video and audio devices in the area he is in. “
“What the blazes is he doing that he is hiding? “ Marvel asked angry.
“I have no data on that sir. “ ADA’s electronic voice replied. “Hardwire have gone to great lengths to hide his activities from me. But Dr. Guthrie and Dr. Bryant appears to be aware of his clandestine activities.”

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 9:31pm On Jun 19, 2018
I guess we will soon know what hardwire is hiding.'Alpha project just had a hit' have they discovered an alien specie, just wonderful.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2018
“Time to get me some answers. “ Marvel stood up, unplugged the data cube from the console as he heads out of his personal quarters. “Tell the others that I will be joining them and inform Hardwire to leave whatever he is doing and join me at the control room, tell him it is a direct order. “

“Yes sir “ then the hologram vanished.
“As far as I can see, we will have to go directly to the Iron Belt Cluster and verify the information we will be passing to the general. “ Marvel said as soon as he got to the control room.
The Mole slowly nodded with understanding while Dr. Guthrie sat on a chair going through some figures on a holo display from his wrist comm. The Cyborg was jacked in to the main data console in the room but Hardwire has still not appeared.

“Don’t worry Hardwire is on his way, he seem to be engrossed in something he cannot just drop. “ The Mole said to Marvel as he saw his eyes roving around.
“He better have something worthwhile to tell me or else… “
“Ease Marvel, he is just preparing a surprise for you. “
“I never told him I wanted any surprise. “ Turning at the door’s direction when it open giving a cold stare at Hardwire as he came in walking stiffly with an awkward smile on his face. “Glad you can join us, I was about starting. “

Turning his attention to everyone in the room as Hardwire looked for a seat he continued. “With the camouflaged improvements on the Max 2, that will make it the it the perfect choice to navigate the Iron Belt Cluster both for its size and clandestine abilities. Though it doesn’t have enough fusion drive to carry us to that area on time. Then the size of it will not convey all the people I would want to accompany me there. Going solo on this mission is out of it. “

“I don’t think going with the Max 2 is a viable option… “
“That’s what I’m trying to get at doc. “ Marvel interrupted Dr. Guthrie before he could finish.
“You should listen to the doc Marvel, I think he has something to say. “ the Mole said.
“Ok doc, what do you suggest?”
“Just that I have a much better alternate solution. “ Dr. Guthrie deactivated his wrist comm as he addressed the bounty hunter. “Wanted to inform you that a project we have started a while back is completed. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
Walking to the control of the huge 3D display, putting it on, he came back to one of the data console in the room, touching some buttons, he called up some images which he then transferred to the 3D display. An image of a cruiser looking vehicle was floating from the 3D display. The cruiser like vehicle has a cylindrical shaped body tapered by its ends giving it a kind of flat shape with a concave appearance. The fore area is curved to a rounded edge with the view port above it. Its wings is at the aft of the cruiser, four stubby wings in X format surrounding four thrusters. It has a smooth surface.

“We have been working on this project as per your instructions, when you told us you needed a stand by replacement for the Max 2, so this is the result. Though as equally successful as the experiment of our camouflage make over on the Max 2. Your testimony shows the camouflage on the Max 2 was very effective in getting you close to apprehending Rabel without him knowing. “

Walking close to the 3D image, he pointed at different areas of the vehicle as he talked. “Though I’m forced to admit that one area of concern for this project was the camouflage fittings, that was why we needed a test run for it on the Max 2. Well this here is what I and Dr. Bryant have jointly agreed to call Max Neo. Unlike the Max 2 that is a modified and upgraded flyer, the Max Neo is much larger than that. We decided to make something bigger than the Max 2 because we felt there might be a need to have something that can go interstellar, having hyperspace fusion drive capabilities which is solely lacking on the Max 2.

“The Max Neo however is made from several pieces of cannibalize parts of different vehicles but we improved on everything. The body is composed of three layers, the outward and inner layers are made from super dense matrix composite alloy, a combination of tungsten, titanium and chromium. Sandwiched between them are hexagonal honeycombed carbon fiber and thermoplastic. Given it a slightly light weight but still with enough tensile strength and impact resistant to survive most attacks. Also they contain the Phototrophic Nano particle Receptors-PNR for short, this is the camouflage material that covers all area of the Max Neo. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2018
Spreading his hands over the large size holo image of the Max Neo, he continued. “The PNR are nano sized photo receptors mixed in with the alloy plating cover of it that absorbs light and radiation, then re-emitting the light toward the source by lowering it to blend with the ambient light around making it physically invisible.

"Then for heat signatures, especially those coming from its fusion thrusters behind, the nano particles will render the moving molecules of the heat inert, virtually causing them to freeze. Also the nano particles have self repair or healing abilities, to repair damages done to the Max Neo, using extra stored raw composite alloy kept within the walls of it. “

He paused for a while, did a little shrug with his shoulder as he said this. “Sorry Marvel, I know you wanted something small like the Max 2,that wouldn’t look too outstanding but we felt you needed something bigger. This Max Neo is not for regular use. It is far larger than a flyer or yacht, it’s closer to the size of a cruiser-a mini cruiser actually but with the teeth of a super cruiser.

" It comes equipped with the usual weapons on the Max 2 but and other additions , a mini energy ship cannon, ship buster missiles and torpedoes and super pulse lazer cannons. Then the usual sensors arrays, hyperspace communications equipment. The Max Neo is virtually a space ship on its own with cabin room enough for twenty people. What do you think, hope it meet your expectations? “

“I’m actually impressed. This just seems to come in at the right time. “ Marvel said coming close to observe the floating 3D image of the Max Neo. “So how much do I owe you for this? “
“Nothing much really, “ Dr. Guthrie said awkwardly with some measure of discomfort. “It was actually a side project of Dr. Bryant and I. “
“Being a cyborg is boring unless I get doing something. “ Dr. Bryant came in. “So many ideas and innovations running through my mind it almost driving me nuts, I have to put them down and bring them into reality in other to calm the logic part of me. “

“We also made do with some of the left over resources from building this place. “ Dr. Guthrie continued after the cyborg stopped. “The camouflage technology is something I have been secretly working on way back in my days when working under the mega corporations. Though it had experienced repeated failures but with the input of Dr. Bryant it has worked out perfectly. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2018
I am lo ving this te am.....kontiue the lord is ur strength....

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
Turning Marvel faced Hardwire who hasn’t said anything since he came in. “What’s been up with you? “
“Me? “ Hardwire made a face like he was in serious disbelief. “I don’t get what you mean boss. “
“Quit the bullshit Hardwire, I don’t won’t to have to go the hard way in finding out. “ Marvel said with a deadpan look on him. “I have given you enough space to have your fun at my expense. Enough of that, time to speak up or… “

“Alright alright, chill boss, some times you act like you have no sense of humor. “ Hardwire lifted his hands in form of surrender.
“Not when I’m been made the butt of a joke I know nothing about. “
“It’s really nothing serious, just something I’m working on. Needed to be fully sure of it before showing it to you. Couldn’t have continued to keep it hidden beyond today anyway. “

“What is it Hardwire? “
“It’s better I show you. “ with that Hardwire walked out the door of the control room, beckoning on Marvel to come with him.
Turning to look at others, the cyborg’s face was unreadable, Dr. Guthrie just shrugged and headed after Hardwire while the Mole hid a snicker behind a palm covering his mouth as he stood up to join the departing doctor. Marvel took the hint, joined them as the cyborg followed him behind with heavy pondering feet.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hardwire led them to the repair area which Marvel discovered have been made larger than it was. Most of the unused empty spaces there have their walls broken down and the floor paved with duracrete mixed with ferrocrete. The roof is about ten levels high which Marvel was sure could shoot out above the floor of the lake. He knows the extra space had to be created to make room for the newly built Max Neo, a more that fifty meter length slick body all painted matte black.

The mini cruiser was imposing on close real life inspection, its rounded angular edges kind of dented the dangerous predatory image it was supposed to exude. The Max Neo appearance is made to draw very little attention and to be under estimated. Well it was still large enough for Marvel to require it being registered as a space vehicle and log in all his flight plans and paths to the planetary space port control.

Well he will deal with that when the time comes. He had been able to take the Max 2 off planet because he had used a cargo ship to fly it off planet and close enough to the Tau Ceti star system too far out for Rabel ship’s scanner to pick up, then had gone in system with the Max 2 camouflaged. Looking up, he saw Hardwire tapping his feet impatiently waiting for him all the while he was standing admiring the Max Neo. He ignored the dazzling sight of the mini cruiser and headed Hardwire’s direction, curious to see what he has to show as the others where already therw before him.

“While being caught in the middle of the attack at the Trans Terra tower, seeing the ADMEC in action gave me some inspiration. I was able to salvage some parts of the damaged ones before they could be carried off into evidence by the CSC. “ Hardwire started saying as soon as Marvel got close enough to hear him. Then he turned to where the two doctors were standing, pointing at them he continued,

“I had to meet them first and explained my idea to them, Dr. Guthrie being an expert in cybernetics, was the one that showed me how my idea can work. Taking some plans from the creation of Dr. Bryant cybernetic make up and the available, though damaged chassis of the ADMEC, I was able to come up with something unique. Though I had to illegally hack into the design format of the Mobile Attack Space Marine combat armor. This is the result. “

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2018
Touching some controls on his wrist comm unit, a side of the floor by his feet slid back and a rack lifted up from it. On it was something that looked like a full combat armor complete with helmet with dark visor, all on reflective black with slashes of red and yellow. Though on closer look, the make is much more bulkier than a combat armor. While standard combat armor are mostly made from super tensile plastic and hardened rubber with titanium iron mesh underneath, this appeared to be made of some form of metal.

“I call this Augmented Armored Suit. While you can wear it like a combat suit, it can give you the performance of the ADMECs. “ Coming close to the suit, he rapped on the frame lightly with his knuckle creating a dull low thud. “I took an idea from the armored material used on the ADMEC to create the material used in building it. I borrowed some of Dr. Guthrie’s super tensile titanium, compressing it tightly packed molecules further by holding them together by nano alloy adhesive. This makes it extremely strong, durable but relatively light. I stole an idea from the heat sink tech on your body armor, making this suit heat resistant to a heat that is up to 5000 degree Celsius.

“I have made it to be worn like a combat suit, it has a size adjustment mechanism that can make it fit most human sizes . I had to created a miniature power source for it because wearing it normally will prove too heavy for the user, hence the power source to serve as a support function. As for control, there’s a neuro-cybernetic interface in the helmet that automatically links to the overall function of the suit which the helmet directly interfaces with the wearer’s cerebral cortex. This suit doesn’t come with any attached weapons but it has the ability to carry heavy ordinances of the level carried by armored tanks. But the other good stuff about it is it enhances the users strength considerably and accelerates his speed and movement, though I have yet to test its top speed . “

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2018
Moving away from the rack holding the suit, with quick touch of other controls on his wrist, another part of the floor slid apart bringing out another rack, this one holding just two major guns that almost about two meters in length.

“These are the customize weapons the suit is meant to use. “ Hardwire pointed at one of them.” This is a high capacity blaster rifle, it’s custom made so I haven’t given it a serial number yet. Quad muzzles for both lazer bolts and solid projectiles., the other I call a TEC 10 RPG, for heavy rockets and mini missiles launching. With time though improvements can be made in upgrading its weapon use capabilities. Well I have to say that I made this not for the regularly fight but to give Marvel an edge when he goes one on one with those ADMECs and be able win. “
Moving away from the rack, he walked toward his audience with a beaming look. “Oh least I forget, this suit doesn’t mean if you go one on one with an ADMEC, you will win. It’s just to give you an edge when you go against it. On a head to head confrontation, the ADMEC will tear this suit apart. “

Marvel felt impressed, Hardwire has always shown his brilliance on intuition. Still he has to do something. “Really nice Hardwire but I will dock you a week’s pay. “
“Aw boss what did I do wrong? “ Hardwire wailed.
“You were hiding things from me. “
“C’mon boss, that was not how it happened. I wasn’t sure if the idea will work, had to take it to Dr. Guthrie and the cyborg. A lot of details had to be taken care off and constant modifications needed to be done. “

“Yes I understand all that that is why I’m not slashing you a month’s pay. “ With a grim smile, Marvel tapped the younger man’s shoulder gently. “You don’t get to screw with me and go unscathed. “
Hardwire turned to the others with a pained expression silently asking for help. The Mole shrugged in helplessness with a witty smile and his single eye glinting as it looked at Marvel. The cyborg stood silently and impassive while Dr. Guthrie threw his face away. Just then ADA’s holographic image appeared.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Jackossky(m): 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2018
Sitting to learn. I want to see more than my eyes can.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2018
“Sir, general Leyland is on the line. “
“Alright, let the call through. “ Marvel said sharing a private smile with the Mole as Hardwire sunk down dejectedly on an empty closed plyo-fibre crate.

“Marvel what’s the report on a safe passage through the Iron Belt Cluster? “ The general said immediately the call came through. “By the way I have received your gift wrapped package of Rabel, this showed me you were successful with that. For now, I’m keeping him locked up and hidden, so no one gets to know his whereabouts until we get through this problem. “

“We have been able to get the route from Rabel, though I can’t be sure of the validity of it. Which has led me to decide on taking a personal on the site assessment. I want to head down there, do a recon flight then provide you with a detailed and reliable Intel on that area. “
“That is an excellent idea Marvel. “ The general said, his eyes looking briefly at something off screen before turning to face him. “The idea is such a brilliant one that as I matter of fact I’d have to accompany you. “

“Accompany me? How will that be possible? “ Marvel asked a bit taken aback. He has known the general for years now and he is not someone who is overly given to levity on serious missions.
“As at this moment I’m in orbit around Nuterra, at the head of a task force team made up of a dreadnought class ship, four destroyers and six lancer class ships. I’m on a private and direct order of earth government president to see this thing through. “

Though Marvel was at first shocked at this, earth government hardly go this far in the quelling of possible insurrection. Nothing that is going on now actually warrant the use of this force on Nuterra or the colonies on the Proxima Centauri star system. If this is a show of force on the side of the earth government, it is way too excessive. Knowing general Leyland, he won’t normally allow himself to be coerced into doing something stupid, he will rather resign his commission. So what else is behind it? Marvel knows he won’t find out standing here.

“What’s going general? “
“ Can’t speak about it here and now. “ Taking a quick look around him to be sure no one is close by to hear him, he whispered into the audio pick up of the screen. “I can tell you this much though, we have a break on knowing what beta project is. Gather your team together, meet me in orbit and I’d fill you in on everything. I already have your orbital security clearance prepared. So come up here ASAP. “

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2018
The screen went off and Marvel, swallowing up his doubts turned to the others, “You heared the man, let’s go. Hardwire, pack the AAS suit along with its customized weapons, we are taking it with us. Cyborg you will be going with me and the Mole. Dr. Guthrie you will unfortunately stay back, you have your personal stuff to take care of. “
“Yes that is correct. “ The doctor replied. “I just got some patent right signed on some of my domestic use inventions. All ready I have thousands of pre-order requests I have to pay attention to. This is the best time for that. “

“Good idea, you make money while we go fight a war. “ Marvel chuckled. “Alright, let’s load up, we are going on the Max Neo, so Hardwire, you get to pilot the mini cruiser on its maiden flight. “
The Max Neo felt bigger inside than it looks outside. Getting into it, Marvel could tell how much more bigger it is from the Max 2. It has four levels, the engines and power area is below. The quarters and rec area takes the middle levels, the top is for the cockpit and a conference room. The weapons control are located in the cockpit. It looks like the arrangement on a mini ship. The pilot seat located directly opposite the transparisteel view port, with the co-pilot by its right side. The left side is the seat for the navigator, facing a tac screen, a space map of the charted parts, floating on a 3D display, spherical and divided into four quadrants.

Further left by the navigator is the weapons control seat, with a tac screen also, scanners and power control buttons. Then by the entrance is the chair made for the captain which Marvel is occupying at the moment. Despite all these, the Max Neo cockpit didn’t feel cluttered, it has a wide open space in the middle. Hardwire was sitting at the pilot seat with the Mole Occupying the co-pilot one. ADA’s holographic image is seen before the navigation seat and the Cyborg was in the weapons control area.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
“You sure you can handle this baby on the first time around? “ Marvel put the question to Hardwire.
“It’s really nothing hard. I’m not the one actually piloting, all controls are being done by ADA, who is a much better pilot than I am, I’d admit. My being here is just for the human input. “
“Alright take us up then, we need to meet with general Leyland in orbit. “

Powering the mini cruiser, then ADA running the preflight diagnosis and system check caused the Max Neo to lift gently from the floor after all systems showed green. The mini cruiser floated several meters above the floor on anti gravity propellers, heading for the tunnel leading out of the space it was packed in. As soon as it got into the tunnel, the huge doors behind it clamped down, was locked air tight. The tunnel led to another door, that looked dense and heavily armored, the door opened as the floating vessel got close and automatically locked it self again as it passed.

This time the Max Neo was in a wide shift that was just a little larger than it. Just then the floor slowly pulled apart and water started pouring in. As the floor widen enough for the craft to pass through, the Max Neo dipped down into the rushing water, coming out of the shift which its opening led through a high part of the bottom of the Imra lake. Piloting the craft under the deep waters of the lake, Hardwire headed for the part of the shore close to the dense forest to evade detection because that area is most of the time devoid of people and normal vehicular activities. Once there, the Max Neo burst out of the waters, its fusion thrusters ignited, it moved heading for space.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:03pm On Jun 22, 2018
In less than five minute , the Max Neo broke through the sky canopy cover over Nuterra, getting to the upper orbit. Space as usual was dark with stars twinkling. The massive size of the gas giant Nuterra orbits dwarfs the moon, and just peeping behind the gas giant glowing like a jewel amidst the blackness of space is the bright light of the Proxima Centauri star with its dark orange color tints.

Few minutes later the massive size of the capital ship which was their destination appeared on their view port. The battleship the general is in is a dreadnought class type. A huge vessel easily more than three kilometers in length. It is one of the biggest class of ship on the fleet of the earth’s space navy, only smaller than the super dreadnought class, which is more than twice the size of the regular dreadnought class.

The dreadnought battle ship here is the MMS-Defiant, it is a capital ship, a control mother ship to coordinate others in a battle field. Its shape is a form of cylindrical ovoid, whose smooth metallic surface was spoilt by the protruding bulging angles of its huge gun ports, conical communications towers and the extremely huge eight fusion thrusters at the back, each the size of an average skyscraper.

Beside the huge battle ship are other smaller vessels , that are battle ships too but of smaller sizes. Marvel could easily tell the difference between the Lancer class ships and the Destroyers, four destroyers and six lancers, all in conical triangular shapes. Marvel still felt cold shivers running down his spine at what he is witnessing. This is a massive major offensive deployment , what could have happened to have justified a move of this scale, the bounty hunter couldn’t help himself not thinking that again.

Or could the earth government have gotten tired of the annoyance of the mega corporations' obstinacy and decided to take direct control of the colonies themselves, like he has always feared? It is a well known fact that, though it may stretch them thin, the earth government and the solar system have the power to take over all the colonies with minimal resistance from the mega corporations. But will general Leyland allow himself to be used in something of such moral disrepute? Not from all that Marvel has known of his erstwhile commanding officer. Then what other explanation exist?

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by nastynic(m): 10:15pm On Jun 23, 2018
Just One Word...

CLASSIC!!!!
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 10:59am On Jun 24, 2018
If u cant invent something new,go on up grade....modify other inventions,that is what my Guy Hardwire did,thank Apollox
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Vulcanheph(m): 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2018
Dear apolloux.....i have been reading your story from book one and so far i Love it , your writing style, the Diversity of your characters(let us not Forget that the Mole is actually a Yoruba man) and your level of imagination, but i have some things to say.
1. If humans have been able to Explore the Galaxies there is a possibility that they might have Encountered intelligent life forms with more advanced technology.
2. You never explained how inter planetry communication is possible between planets that are light years away fron each other.
3. The reason behind Mole's Loyalty to Marvel, since we know he is a wild card.
Moreover i still think it's a good story and i can sense Chemistry between Marvel and Jade....please don't be Offended by my input, i'm just a huge sci-Fi fan, i Recommend some these Favourite movies of mine for u to use as case study incase you ever have writers block.
Star wars, star Trek, Valerian and the city of a thousand planets and the expanse.(Which has a similar storyline with marvel)
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2018
Vulcanheph:
Dear apolloux.....i have been reading your story from book one and so far i Love it , your writing style, the Diversity of your characters(let us not Forget that the Mole is actually a Yoruba man) and your level of imagination, but i have some things to say.
1. If humans have been able to Explore the Galaxies there is a possibility that they might have Encountered intelligent life forms with more advanced technology.
2. You never explained how inter planetry communication is possible between planets that are light years away fron each other.
3. The reason behind Mole's Loyalty to Marvel, since we know he is a wild card.
Moreover i still think it's a good story and i can sense Chemistry between Marvel and Jade....please don't be Offended by my input, i'm just a huge sci-Fi fan, i Recommend some these Favourite movies of mine for u to use as case study incase you ever have writers block.
Star wars, star Trek, Valerian and the city of a thousand planets and the expanse.(Which has a similar storyline with marvel)

I'm quite happy with your inputs,nice meeting a fellow sci fi fan. Now to ur questions... If I can answer them...

For your 1st question,... Let me not let the cat out of the bag yet. (but on a side note if you read through this story very well, you will get subtle hints. Well there is a 3rd part of this story so let's wait and see. But remember space is a big place and humans just started space colonizations in about 4 centuries)

2. Interplanetary communications is basically not a big deal since hyperspace travel is possible. There is the hyper comm links, then there is the sat comm and web net satellites linking colonized star systems with the solar system. They control all electronic communications, news feed, holo vid calls and 3D messages.

3. Well there are a lot of things that are past events that I haven't touched yet( deliberately though) some are, Marvel’s past life as a marine, his problem with colonel James, why he was discharged from the military, then his friendship with the Mole and a whole lot of others. Which I may touch later on or on the 3rd part of the story arc.

As for the suggested movies, I have watched all star wars movies, they are the best as far as sci fi space adventures are concerned. I have read lots of star war novels, at least 20 or more of them. I have watched some star trek movies too and read few of their novels. I have seen Valerian and the city of a thousand planets too. Watched Jupiter rising too and most sci fi movies available. Except Expanse that you mentioned. Will definitely check it out
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Vulcanheph(m): 1:25pm On Jun 26, 2018
Thanks for the Feedback.....patiently waitin for your next update
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2018
Just then Marvel heard the conversation between the dreadnought ship and his own craft. As Hardwire gave the clearance codes given by the general they were allowed to dock their craft on landing bay 12. The true dimension of the dreadnought ship became more obvious when the Max Neo got closer, the massive size swallowed the smaller craft. The Max Neo getting to the landing bay 12 was like a fly approaching an elephant.

The mini cruiser came for a landing and as the door slid apart, Marvel and his group saw themselves flanked by a security detail made up of space marines on their chameleon camouflage uniforms, all armed with standard military issued lazer rifles . They were led by a lieutenant, who saluted Marvel smartly. He introduced him self as lieutenant McCain, led them out of the wide landing bay that had several javelins and attack gun boats being worked on by military mechanics. The landing bay was a maze of activities.

One of the doors leading out of the place had two space navy personnel guarding it, allowing Marvel’s group and their escorts to pass without questions. Taking them to a wide lift that accommodated them all, they got to the desired floor and the door opened. Lieutenant McCain took them through a long corridor that had armed guards on navy uniforms either patrolling or standing at every bend. They stopped at a door which seems to lead to the bridge of the ship. Four armed marines and navy personnel were standing before it but they were allowed in.

The bridge was a big one, almost half the size of the Max Neo. Rows of chairs occupied with naval personnel all facing several display monitors. At the center of it is a giant 3D rendering of a star chart covering the whole areas of space occupied by human colonies. The view port which was definitely made of hardened reinforced transperisteel, has figures and shapes made of lights showing on them.

They were taken to the area the ship’s captain is. Standing by the captain’s chair was general Leyland, in his full combat camouflage uniform. Marvel hadn’t seen him in years except through vid screen. The general still looked strong for one his age. The passage of time had taken its toil on him, as his faced was covered with the lines of sagging skin, still his eyes blazed as fiercely as ever.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:29pm On Jun 26, 2018
“Welcome Marvel good to see you too son. “ The general smiled, he came down from the low pedestal the captain’s chair was on, walking close to the bounty hunter and held Marvel up in a tight embrace. Marvel felt his tightly held emotions cracking up. Despite the façade they both kept, somewhere deep within them there is a strong bond of love both of them shared. Marvel had known general Leyland all his life, as a kid when he usually cone to visit their home. A secret most people now won’t know is that Leyland and Marvel’s father were close friends.

“You are looking good. “ Marvel whispered into his ears.
“Not as good as I’d want to be son. “ Breaking the hug he looked Marvel over on the face before turning away sadly. “Wished we were meeting under a better circumstance though. “
After taking the time to welcoming the rest of Marvel’s team he turned back to him. “Seem Dr. Guthrie isn’t coming with you on this? “

“Yeah, he has other personal stuff to take care of. “ Marvel looked behind the general at the person occupying the ship captain’s chair. “Besides the doctor is not a combat person. “
Seeing Marvel’s look, Leyland led him to the pedestal. “Come let me introduce you. “
“Here is the one who runs this little show, Admiral Tsu Itsuki Makushiba, he heads this special task force. I am just here on an advisory capacity, discreetly of course. “ Leyland said bringing Marvel before the chair. “Oh and I see you noticed the resemblance, that’s not a coincidence either, he is Jade’s maternal uncle. “
Marvel saluted as smartly as he could recall.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2018
“At ease son, you are no longer required to salute me, since you were discharged from the commission. “ the admiral said. He was a man who locks like in his early sixties, with tiny eyes, flat brow with silky silvery hair shot through with black lines and a well shaped silver gray mustache. His dark blue naval uniform was crisp as well as the emblem of rank on his right chest and epaulets.

“I know you weren’t expecting me here in person at this time. Well things have taken a sudden turn which necessitated all these. My movements has to be all hush-hush. Still I doubt if I left earth without leaving a trail. “ Pointing at those that came with Marvel, Leyland continued. “ I want to talk this over with you, but not here. You will have to leave your buddies behind here, only Dr. Bryant will be allowed to accompany you. Then I and the admiral are all that will be involved in the discussion. “

Marvel went with the general and admiral after explaining the situation to the others and the cyborg trailing behind him. They were brought to a small room with nothing but a round metallic table with a holo display in the middle, then five chairs surrounding it. Cyborg’s coming made the room feel a little too claustrophobic. While Leyland sat close to Admiral Makushiba, Marvel sat with the cyborg standing as the chair seems too small for him.

“Son we finally figured out what the beta project on the data you sent to me is. “ Leyland said leaning away from the chair to rest both his hands on the table. “That was why they needed fusion fuel desperately. But they were hampered by the restrictions and controls put on by the earth government for the sales and procurement of fusion fuel. Adequate records had to be kept and strict regulations and rationing of it have to be followed. So the mega corporations couldn’t just come out and buy the actual amount of fusion fuel they need without drawing suspicious attention to them and having earth government pounce on them. But they have succeeded by using other means. They have been able to acquire huge tones of fuel by fronting so many dummy companies, buying through them. And my surprised is their purchases were authorized without thorough investigations made into the background of those companies. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
Pausing for a while, Leyland touched a control button on the table close to the holo display, which showed a sheet with names, having many of them crossed with red lines.

“We got several hits after investigating the list of corrupt officials given to us by Dr. Bryant here. Though I handed over the list to the president, he authorized me to investigate them, though lightly and secretly because lots of people on that list are senators and top government officials with heavy political clout. That was were we discovered that Dalmar have been using these people, without them even knowing to procure fusion fuel for himself. And he was smart enough to hide his involvement. Till now there is no way we can tie him to even a single of those purchases. And we can’t openly investigate these senators or officials because of the political backlash that will come out of it. Also we are sure most of them are not even aware they are been used as puppets in this conspiracy. Son this is really bad. “

“Any idea now what they are hoarding fusion fuel for? “ Marvel asked.
“Yes son. At the moment they have millions in metric tons of fusion fuel. “ Leyland shook his head in disbelief. “That is almost like two percent of the total at the disposal of the earth government. What is available for use for earth and the entire solar system in the hand of one person. The implications are outstanding. “
“But what will they use it for? “
“The obvious thing. They need it for the warships they were building. “

“What? That is impossible. No one or more mega corporations have the resources to do that. Even if they did, there is no way they can do that in secret without the earth government knowing. “ Marvel almost jumped out of the chair.
“My sentiments exactly but the new available facts proved otherwise. “ touching the key again another image replaced the sheet on the holo display. It was of a man in his late forties. “That is Stephanous, one of the people used by Dalmar as a sleeper agent in the staff of a senator that is a prominent member if the senate arms committee. Jade caught him on one of the investigation. It was from him we got to know that some mega corporations on Nuterra are building warships in secret. He couldn’t tell us more as his head exploded after making that initial confession. A cranial implanted bomb that was meant to explode when triggered by some words if uttered by him. We couldn’t get much but at least we got all that. My guess is if you go to Omiron 09, you will be greeted by well armed corporate owned warships. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Vulcanheph(m): 7:33pm On Jun 26, 2018
1.Marvel, 2. Hardwire 3.mole 4.jade

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
Lol nice concept arts.. Accurate too grin
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:54pm On Jun 27, 2018
The gravity of the situation muted Marvel for some seconds. This is unprecedented, no one has ever been able to build warships on their own. This act will change everything. Now, the potential for interstellar war among humans is inevitable. This is what the earth government have been fighting hard to prevent. No wonder this massive quick response.

“There is no how something this big could have gone on for such length of time with out a single slip up. “ Marvel said thinking aloud.
“Quite true, that has lend more credence to the possibility of them having some sympathizers deep within the hierarchy of the earth government. Their tracks were well covered and even in the areas where we might have discovered their works, no real evidence is available that we can hold them on. “

Holding on a while before continuing, Leyland changed the display on the holo screen to a footage that seems to be a holo vid news cast. Several people who appearsed to be protesters, carrying placards with hologram writings, screaming words that were inaudible through the screen. Their numbers are in some thousands before the main gate to the senate building on earth.

“To make matters worse, the mega corporations have been waging the PR campaign against the government on earth. Secretly sponsored protests have sprung up suddenly on earth. Anti-earth government slogans are becoming popular now in the solar system. They are gathering sympathy for themselves in other to tie us down and get us busy so we can’t come after them. “

“We have been having something similar here on Nuterra too since after the attack on Trans Terra tower. “ Marvel added after watching the clips for a while. “Though very few protests and fewer riots attacks at CSC command posts. Though nothing as major as what I’m seeing on earth. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2018
“We are successfully tied down from arresting or investigating Dalmar and his conniver Jeffery until we can get an authorization from the Global Civil Court which will only be given when we present convincing evidence to support such demands. “ Shaking his head sadly, the general concluded. “They have been very smart in making sure that all their tracks are wiped clean so we have nothing solid to hold them with. My move is not an officially sanction one against them. I left earth on the premise of showing this star system that the earth government have the capacity to protect and keep them safe. “

“The good thing about it is we have some amount of flexibility to extend that order from the president. “ the admiral spoke for the first time since the meeting started. “With your latest Intel, we can go after Dalmar directly without an official backing with a bit of technicality. Officially, neither Iris System Securities nor Syntech has any registered facility within the Iron Belt Cluster, so our going there will be on a response to an intelligence tip off. Since that place doesn’t officially belong to the people whose legal injunctions stops us from investigating, we are technically not violating any law. “

“Sounds like a good plan sir. “
“Yes it is and should be, “ Leyland replied instead. “Since that is the only viable plan we have at the moment. But there might be a snag. “
“What will that be sir? “
“We have taken Rabel out of sight. If Dalmar has been watching him as much as I suspected, his sudden disappearance might raise suspicion. My arriving at Nuterra might have been sudden but wouldn’t be unexpected considering all that have been happening. But if I leave Nuterra’s orbit and it was discovered I didn’t return back to earth, they may put things together and form a picture. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2018
“Which means they might be expecting our coming. “ added the admiral.
“Any idea the amounts of warships they have ready or the likely kind of defenses or resistance they can put up? “ Marvel asked.
“No to both questions. “ Leyland replied. “We couldn’t decipher any other thing from the data sent to us by Dr. Bryant. “

“I now have a better understanding of the security set up around Omiron 09.” The cyborg said suddenly. “Though reconstruction of the lost and damaged data haven’t been complete, still some reliable information has been coming up. Omiron 09 has orbital like defense network set up. There are anti-ship mines scattered around the space between the single rock of asteroid that is Omiron 09 and the surrounding dense debris. “

“Simply put, we will need a small craft to navigate safely through the mine field surrounding Omiron 09.”
“Yes Marvel, your craft is definitely small enough for that. But you will need to know the nature of the kind of mines and security network in place around there so you don’t tick them off. Your cruiser can’t stand up to a warship no matter how ill-equipped the warship is. “

“Of course general, that is why cyborg will be going with me and besides my mini cruiser have other resources that are available and will come in handy in completing this job. “
“Why am I not surprised. “ Leyland laughed quietly. “I must admit you've got quite a team, very efficient and effective. “
“Thank you sir, “
“Ok while on this, I would want you to take some of my men and add to your team on the first insertion on Omiron 09.” Leyland told Marvel.
“General my team is closely knit, adding regular marine solders to us will destabilize the strong synergy we have been enjoying so far. “

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 1:04am On Jun 28, 2018
nice design we gat in the house

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (36) (Reply)

Strings And Webs / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.