Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,080 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? (2057 Views)

In Which State Was Abuja Before It Was Made The Nation's Capital? / As Anambra Clocks 28 Years Today, See Aerial View Of State Capital, Awka (Photo) / RE: Photos Of President Buhari Receiving His WAEC Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by Basic123: 12:35pm On May 03, 2017
Ibadan a.k.a IB city.
Ibadan,
running splash of rust
and gold-flung and scattered
among seven hills like broken
china in the sun.
J. P. Clark.

Why is she unique?

1.The city and kano city were the only cities in niger
area when the British stepped on niger area soil.

2.The Intellectual capital of the country.

a.Houses the country premier university,the university
of Ibadan
b.Houses the country's premier medical school,Ibadan
medical school.
c.Houses the country foremost teaching hospital.UCH
d.Houses the international headquarters of
International Institute for Tropical Agriculture.
e.Houses the Nigerian Institute Of Social And
Economic
Research (NISER)
f. National Horticultural Research Institute NIHORT
h.J.P Clark,wole soyinka,chinua Achebe developed as
literary giants in the city.

3.The Cradle of Nigerian Modernity.

a.First TV station in Africa.
b.First university in nigeria.
c.First modern stadium in sub-saharan Africa(liberty
stadium)
d.First skyscraper in subsaharan Africa(cocoa house)
e.Largest shopping mall in west Africa.
f.first modern road in nigeria(Ibadan to Oyo).

4.3rd,if not 2nd largest market in Nigeria after lagos
and kano.

5.Largest city in west Africa in term of land mass

6.listed as one of the 5 African cities to watch by
financial times of newyork in 2015.

NOTE:Some malicious people,who will soon show up on the thread, will show you this oldest area of the city shown in the first picture to rubbish the city out of jealousy,tribalism and inferiority complex and give a bad impression of it.The city is one of the first cities to adopt corrugated iron roofing sheet in Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by Basic123: 12:36pm On May 03, 2017
1B2

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by Basic123: 12:38pm On May 03, 2017
IB3

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by DrGoodman: 12:39pm On May 03, 2017
My friend stop feeling inferior!

Ibadan is also the city with the largest collection of rusted rooftops in the world. There are repeated warnings after every 30 minutes on Ibadan radio that zinkiditis (a disease gotten from drinking zink water) is causing an epidemic in Ibadan.

The crime rate of Ibadan is only second to that of sambisa forest, if robbers are not spending a weekend in your house, kidnappers will be picking people from the roads or ritual killers keeping many people in their den.

Show us the pictures of Ibadan human parts market if you want to be fair tongue

10 Likes

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by DrGoodman: 12:40pm On May 03, 2017
Abi?
Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by Basic123: 12:40pm On May 03, 2017
IB4

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by Basic123: 12:42pm On May 03, 2017
IB5

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by Basic123: 12:44pm On May 03, 2017
IB6

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by beberebe: 12:44pm On May 03, 2017
this same Ibadan...lol....keep deceiving urself

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by Basic123: 12:45pm On May 03, 2017
IB7

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by beberebe: 12:46pm On May 03, 2017
this same Ibadan...just keep deceiving urself

8 Likes

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by Basic123: 12:47pm On May 03, 2017
IB8

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by Basic123: 12:48pm On May 03, 2017
beberebe:
this same Ibadan...just keep deceiving urself
lolz..The malicious people don dey show

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by DrGoodman: 12:49pm On May 03, 2017
beberebe:

Is that also Ibadan? grin grin grin grin

I talk am, worst poo hole in Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by decatalyst(m): 12:49pm On May 03, 2017
beberebe:

You obviously have not being to Ibadan.

Its an ancient, large and beautiful city.

I don't understand the problem with 'brown roof'. Do you guys expect an ancient city to have stone quoted roof?

Iyam not understanding ke

4 Likes

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by beberebe: 12:51pm On May 03, 2017
..98% of the houses in Ibadan don't have toilets...
...the people of Ibadan are too local and can't speak English...
...the girls are too ugly .......
....that place is a shithole....

10 Likes

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by DrGoodman: 12:52pm On May 03, 2017
decatalyst:

You obviously have not being to Ibadan.

Its an ancient, large and beautiful city.

I don't understand the problem with 'brown roof'. Do you guys expect an ancient city to have stone quoted roof?

Iyam not understanding ke

While other cities continue to rebuild and replace their houses, Ibadan has been frozen in time. The brown roofs are a testimony to stagnancy or even negative growth.

3 Likes

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by Basic123: 12:54pm On May 03, 2017
beberebe:
..98% of the houses in Ibadan don't have toilets...

...the people of Ibadan are too local and can't speak English...

...the girls are too ugly .......

....that place is a shithole....

...malicious pigs number 2

3 Likes

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by beberebe: 12:55pm On May 03, 2017
Ibadan people are too poor, ugly and too local....
I stayed there for my NYSC....

the girls are too ugly....

A very backward Muslim local shithole....

The girls are dame too ugly....abeg don't tell us that shit.....

The houses don't have sanitary facilities... the poo in gutters and inside the bush...

The natives are too local...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by Basic123: 1:02pm On May 03, 2017
beberebe:
Ibadan people are too poor, ugly and too local....
I stayed there for my NYSC....

the girls are too ugly....

A very backward Muslim local shithole....

The girls are dame too ugly....abeg don't tell us that shit.....

The houses don't have sanitary facilities... the poo in gutters and inside the bush...

The natives are too local...
Malicious pig 5 spotted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by Basic123: 1:07pm On May 03, 2017
IB

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by permsec: 1:08pm On May 03, 2017
Nothing else caught my attention other than that lady on a green top... She's padded.

Btw, shey na ibadan swag be that abi she wan mess with style.

Idongerrit.

1 Like

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by beberebe: 1:12pm On May 03, 2017
stop showing graphic pics of mall and agodi... show us where the common man lives..
where 98% of Ibadan resident lives...I will help you...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by beberebe: 1:15pm On May 03, 2017
any thread on brown roof Republican cities is dead on arrival.... the real ibadan
we can all see the cocoa mall..on the 3&4 pics

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by beberebe: 1:17pm On May 03, 2017
the 2nd pics is opposite cocoa mall

2 Likes

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by beberebe: 1:19pm On May 03, 2017
Ibadan ti take over.....Ibadan I hail oh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by beberebe: 1:22pm On May 03, 2017
I posting the reality on ground.....they are posting imaginary images...Ibadan to take over

3 Likes

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by Basic123: 1:32pm On May 03, 2017
beberebe:
I posting the reality on ground.....they are posting imaginary images...Ibadan to take over
Lolz.imaginary image?...people are not daft like you malicious pigs na..Let me dash you some anambra perhaps you could get cured from your malace and daftness.

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by beberebe: 1:42pm On May 03, 2017
Basic123:
Lolz.imaginary image?...people are not daft like you malicious pigs na..Let me dash you some anambra perhaps you could get cured from your malace and daftness.

you can see how the women are looking fresh and enjoying themselves even in remote village like abatete.....

that nzam building is a farm house..
nzam is a farm settlement..

4 Likes

Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by Basic123: 1:47pm On May 03, 2017
beberebe:

you can see how the women are looking fresh and enjoying themselves even in remote village like abatete.....

that nzam building is a farm house..
nzam is a farm settlement..

....Anyway,you can view it from that angle to make yourself happy and save yourself from hypertension.Even the fulanis you love to hate are the freshest in nigeria.so,what is the point.
Re: Re: PHOTOS: Which State Capital Is This? by decatalyst(m): 1:54pm On May 03, 2017
DrGoodman:

While other cities continue to rebuild and replace their houses, Ibadan has been frozen in time. The brown roofs are a testimony to stagnancy or even negative growth.

...your subjective opinion. Doesn't hold water for all undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti Awaits The Coming Of A Youthful Governor 2018 / Please, "Ignore" News From Plateau State: It Is Only "Criminal" Activities / Now Is Very Clear That Buhari Hate Igbos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.