Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:04 AM

Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat (23401 Views)

Buhari Flags Off Construction Of Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano Pipeline / Sanwo-Olu Flags Off Construction Of Regional Road In Lekki / Aregbesola Flags Off Construction Of 307.96km Road In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by MikeB3(m): 7:33pm On May 03, 2017
Where the Oba of Lagos to see say Khaki no be leather. Mtcheew!
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by Eshinwaju: 7:51pm On May 03, 2017
7mentrouble:
Abi u no sabi wia Onitsha dey again?

Onitsha people are from Benin and their king derives his authority from Benin, in turn Benin derive their authority from Ile-Ife...therefore Onitsha is a creation of Ile-Ife....and as the king of Onitsha is the king of iboes, iboes are by extension subjects of the Yorubas....facts... cool...maybe that is why they desperately seek our approval for Biafra.... cool

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by Adminisher: 8:31pm On May 03, 2017
Mophasa:
Wike aka Mr project

Your transformation of Rivers state is laudable, please keep up the good work

Ftc dedicated to the peace loving people of Rivers state

I can't see the baale of the lagoon grin
Please stop this.
This is a recession
The man has built more legal research centres, traditional rulers cetres and many useless structures than find employment generating things for Rvers youths
The man is completely empty
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 03, 2017
Eshinwaju:

The throne of Onitsha belongs to the house of Ile Ile...that's why.... cool cool...kabiyesi o....may your reign over us be long and fruit... cool

What is this one saying undecided
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by nengibo: 8:58pm On May 03, 2017
Ekinematics:

Rivers State a subject to Obi?
I have die.
Nothing I no go c 4 nairaland.
The guy is in level ten of ipob brainwashing
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by Eshinwaju: 9:28pm On May 03, 2017
Patheos:

What is this one saying undecided

Onitsha people are from Benin and their king derives his authority from Benin, in turn Benin derive their authority from Ile-Ife...therefore Onitsha is a creation of Ile-Ife....and as the king of Onitsha is the king of iboes, iboes are by extension subjects of the Yorubas....facts... cool...maybe that is why they desperately seek our approval for Biafra.... cool
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 03, 2017
Eshinwaju:

Benin derives nothing from Ife. It is Ife which derives its authority from Benin.
Stop standing history upside down. Ife was under Benin empire at some point, the reverse was never the case.
All this madness has to stop, stop making up Yoruba history, you make every African look unserious.
Whatever you want to claim, provide evidence to back it.
Ife Being under the Benin empire is on pre-colonial maps for all to see.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by Eshinwaju: 9:58pm On May 03, 2017
history2901:

Benin deives nothing from Ife. It is Ife which derives its authority from Benin.
Stop standing history upside down. Ife was under Benin empire at some point, the reverse was never the case.
All this madness has to stop, stop making up Yoruba history, you make every African look unserious.
Whatever you want to claim, provide evidence to back it.
Ife Being under the Benin empire is on pre-colonial maps for all to see.

Benin empire that did not stretch past the borders of Benin.......can you show us this Pre colonial maps...... grin grin...simple question....what is the name of the title of the Benin king....after telling us....pray tell us the meaning..... grin...sugbes just full this place trying to turn known history on its head... grin
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 03, 2017
Eshinwaju:

Benin empire that did not stretch past the borders of Benin.......can you show us this Pre colonial maps...... grin grin...simple question....what is the name of the title of the Benin king....after telling us....pray tell us the meaning..... grin...sugbes just full this place trying to turn known history on its head... grin
Thank you for your questions, now I shall correct you and forgive me if I sound paternalistic, indeed I am a teacher by profession.

1) Benin had a huge empire and its capital was named Benin City, here is proof:
Below is a pre-colonial map drawn in the 17th century.
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b77595185.r=biafra?rk=21459;2

2) The title of the Benin Crown is Omo n'Oba n'Edo, Oba in short. And untill very recently only the Oba of Benin had the title "Oba". The Yoruba chiefs copied it.

3) By the way, it is actually ife which never grew beyond what it is today. So please stop standing history upside down.

4) The thing which I find amazing is how the likes of you keep believing and claiming things without ever seeing proof.
Here is a question for you: Why did Dahomey change its name to Benin republic ? And why are all Yoruba chiefs/monarchs copying the title "Oba" ?
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by Eshinwaju: 11:13pm On May 03, 2017
history2901:
Thank you for your questions, now I shall correct you and forgive me if I sound paternalistic, indeed I am a teacher by profession.

1) Benin had a huge empire and its capital was named Benin City, here is proof:
Below is a pre-colonial map drawn in the 17th century.
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b77595185.r=biafra?rk=21459;2

2) The title of the Benin Crown is Omo n'Oba n'Edo, Oba in short. And untill very recently only the Oba of Benin had the title "Oba". The Yoruba chiefs copied it.

3) By the way, it is actually ife which never grew beyond what it is today. So please stop standing history upside down.

4) The thing which I find amazing is how the likes of you keep believing and claiming things without ever seeing proof.
Here is a question for you: Why did Dahomey change its name to Benin republic ? And why are all Yoruba chiefs/monarchs copying the title "Oba" ?

Your claims of Benin empire is nothing short of a failed attempt at re-writing history....it is a well known fact that the royal family in Benin used to speak Yoruba and the title 'oba' denotes kings of Yoruba land until present. Do you know about the ogiso? Why the change? Do you know that archeological facts prove that the bronze smelting discovered in both ile ife and Benin prove that that of ife predates that of Benin by more than a few hundred years?....google is your friend.... angry.....do you know that omo oba translated into Yoruba means child of the king...get your facts right please...
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 03, 2017
Look, I respect your zeal. But let us keep it logical:
1) Prove to me that the royal familly in Benin "used to speak Yoruba". That claim is ridiculous because one may ask himself why that is not so right now. As an Edo I can tell you that my people consider our language as sacred, especially Edo nobility.

2) I am not going to talk about the Ogiso because there is no historic document about them. And it is even more ridiculous to ask me to explain why they are no more.

3) The ife bronze which you are talking about was dug up, while the Benin Bronze which you are talking about was taken from the Oba's palce by british soldiers. I don't see how comparing their ages is relevent in any way.

4) Since when do Yoruba chiefs hold the title "Oba" ? And please provide proof.

5) The Benin King who fough the british held the title Omo n'Oba n'Edo. And that is proven by the photo of him taken by the british (on it they wrote Omo n'Oba n'Edo Ovonramwen)

6) How am I rewriting history ? I am proving each of my claims and I am very carefull to never claim what I can not prove. You on the other hand you keep making claims without proof and you keep dodging my questions.

7) By admitting that Oba means king in "Yoruba language" you are admitting that the owner of that title (the Oba of Benin) is the King of all those who are calling themselves Yoruba.
Eshinwaju:

Your claims of Benin empire is nothing short of a failed attempt at re-writing history....it is a well known fact that the royal family in Benin used to speak Yoruba and the title 'oba' denotes kings of Yoruba land until present. Do you know about the ogiso? Why the change? Do you know that archeological facts prove that the bronze smelting discovered in both ile ife and Benin prove that that of ife predates that of Benin by more than a few hundred years?....google is your friend.... angry.....do you know that omo oba translated into Yoruba means child of the king...get your facts right please...
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by Nobody: 12:16am On May 04, 2017
Thespacepilot:

Jaja represented the obi...

Haha!
See how brain washed you guys are.

His Majesty, King (Dr.) Dandeson Douglas Jaja, Jeki V, Treaty King, Amanyababo and Natural Ruler of Opobo Kingdom, is the Chairman Rivers State council of Traditional Rulers.
He's there representing all traditional rulers in Rivers State.

I swear this akpu you guys are eating is disturbing your brains.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by Eshinwaju: 1:45am On May 04, 2017
history2901:
Look, I respect your zeal. But let us keep it logical:
1) Prove to me that the royal familly in Benin "used to speak Yoruba". That claim is ridiculous because one may ask himself why that is not so right now. As an Edo I can tell you that my people consider our language as sacred, especially Edo nobility.

2) I am not going to talk about the Ogiso because there is no historic document about them. And it is even more ridiculous to ask me to explain why they are no more.

3) The ife bronze which you are talking about was dug up, while the Benin Bronze which you are talking about was taken from the Oba's palce by british soldiers. I don't see how comparing their ages is relevent in any way.

4) Since when do Yoruba chiefs hold the title "Oba" ? And please provide proof.

5) The Benin King who fough the british held the title Omo n'Oba n'Edo. And that is proven by the photo of him taken by the british (on it they wrote Omo n'Oba n'Edo Ovonramwen)

6) How am I rewriting history ? I am proving each of my claims and I am very carefull to never claim what I can not prove. You on the other hand you keep making claims without proof and you keep doging my questions.

7) By admitting that Oba means king in "Yoruba language" you are admitting that the owner of that title (the Oba of Benin) is the King of all those who are calling themselves Yoruba.

Your level of delusion in manufacturing lies and transferring same to be truth....is just delusional...you've not disputed anything I have pointed out to you but sought to ignore glaring evidence....I suggest you spend time studying the method of radio carbon dating also known as carbon dating... grin...it will tell you which bronze heads are older whether buried or picked up from your omo Obas palace.... grin...ditto same for the history of the ogisos.....you have not been able to prove any point whatsoever but just dug into an already established position in which you are comfortable...your kings are called omo oba edo......which directly translated into our language means the child king of Edo!....where and why were they given this title Till date ....please try and think for a change.... angry
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by Nobody: 2:04am On May 04, 2017
Eshinwaju:

you've not disputed anything I have pointed out to you but sought to ignore glaring evidence
Which evidence ? How can I be said to be ignoring evidence and also be said to not be disputing your claims at the same time ? Is it logical ?

Eshinwaju:

I suggest you spend time studying the method of radio carbon dating also known as carbon dating... grin...it will tell you which bronze heads are older whether buried or picked up from your omo Obas palace

I didn't even enter any debate about age of the bronze, I didn't confirm nor did I deny your claim. I only questionned the relevance of the claim. Besides I pointed out that the Benin bronze was actually decorating the palace of the Oba of Benin when the british soldiers stole them while the ife bronze was actually dug up. Would you compare the age of your furniture with that of anything which is being dug up by archeologists ? Besides I still don't see what the age of the ife bronze actually prove, could it be that ife was under the Benin empire when those bronze were being produced ?

Eshinwaju:

ditto same for the history of the ogisos

I didn't say anything about the Ogisos, because there is no historical document on them and I made that very clear. This makes me wonder if your head is correct.

Eshinwaju:

you are comfortable...your kings are called Omo n'Oba n'edo......which directly translated into our language means the child king of Edo
It doesn't matter if I am comfortable or not, what matters is that that is the title of my King. Besides I don't really care of the alleged "yoruba-translation". I care about the Benin meaning.
1)And also would you just address the fact that all yoruba chiefs copied the title "Oba" from the Oba of Benin ?
2)Would you adress the fact that Dahomey copied the Edo name by renaming itself "Benin republic" ?
3)Would you adress the fact that all precolonial maps show the Benin empire which you guys keep trying to deny ? And that empire comprised the entire territory you are now calling yorubaland. In other words you guys are Benin citizens.
4) Since Oba is a title which belongs to the Oba of Benin and it means King in Yoruba, doesn't that mean that the Oba of Benin is the King of all Yoruba tribes ? This is an other proof which we can add to the pre-colonial maps.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by Nobody: 5:26am On May 04, 2017
history2901:

Benin derives nothing from Ife. It is Ife which derives its authority from Benin.
Akinola, G. Akin. "The Origin of the Eweka Dynasty of Benin: A Study in the Use and Abuse of Oral Traditions." Journal of the Historical Society of Nigeria 8.3 (1976): 21-36.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by Nobody: 5:36am On May 04, 2017
TheCabal:

Akinola, G. Akin. "The Origin of the Eweka Dynasty of Benin: A Study in the Use and Abuse of Oral Traditions." Journal of the Historical Society of Nigeria 8.3 (1976): 21-36.
Could you please make a sentence, I don't know what you are trying to say.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat by KingOvoramwen1(m): 10:17am On May 04, 2017
Eshinwaju:

Be like say you dey MAD!! WHICH STUPID DIRTY STINKY IFE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

ARRANT NONSENSE ....... YORUBA E-RATS RUNNING AROUND NAIRALAND TALKING TRASH

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ayade, Matawalle And Lawmakers Who May Lose Their Seats Over Defection / Bashir Ahmad: Peter Obi Is Complaining That We Didnt Qualify For World Cup / Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.