Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

5 Keys To Staying Celibate After Being Sexually Active - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Keys To Staying Celibate After Being Sexually Active (1249 Views)

How Long Have You Been Celibate And Why? Share Your Experience / My Friend Is Being Sexually Harassed By Married Men At Her Work Place / Two Celibate Lawyers Kiss On Their Wedding Day. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Keys To Staying Celibate After Being Sexually Active by explura: 9:08pm On May 03, 2017
I just knew it.. 'Me, stay away from sex?' - 'Impossible!', I playfully told my friends. It seemed like a joke, but I knew I was serious and I needed help. Help not because I was scared of going to hell.. I didn't want to imagine what I would turn to with that maddening appetite for sex. It was a feat I knew I couldn't dare. Surprisingly, three years and counting, I've had to sit back and wonder how I got to this point. Having done some inward review, I was able to figure this out..

My mind was my starting point

It never took me pains to get aroused. I simply had to take a quick trip to my mind and imagine.. Imagine the feel of raw flesh and what not; and vam! I'm turned on, looking for who to devour.
I had to change the conditioning of my mind..
It was a conscious act. I knew deep down that sex was important to me, and I loved it.. I also knew I had come to the point where I should be in charge of my hormones and not the other way round.. The turn around was when I told myself the hard truth.. The mind talk, you know..

Declutter your psyche of sexual imageries..

When you've been physically intimate with someone, there's a store that saves the entire event.. This is increased by the movies and images we are exposed to. In no time, we begin to subject every person we come across to our fantasy world. Oh, ladies do this too..
Now is the time to clean away those images and refill the store with more worthwhile ideas.. There is so much to live for..

Immerse yourself in a cause greater than you are.
Big grammar? Find a passion. Discover what it is you could die for and give yourself wholly to it. Your sexual energy could be channeled to other productive means that would make life more meaningful to you..
This doesn't necessarily mean getting a job. It entails looking into ourselves and finding ways we could express our individuality. Just start from somewhere and take a step at a time.

Step out and meet people for who they are.
Sex has the capacity of limiting the quality of our relationships with people. In the course of giving the expression of our sexuality a lead over us, we miss out on knowing people for who they really are, and are rather concerned with what they could give us, sexually wise.
I have been able to keep a number of healthy relationships with the opposite sex, without the sex question..Knowing how others see the world and finding ourselves in the process is a beautiful journey, and it's better experienced than told.

Accept and love yourself unconditionally!

This is a must for any interested in being celibate. I wish I could say more on this.. But no.. It's possible if you want. Love you for you. Don't be who you are not or who you don't want to be for anyone, whosoever..

The fact is, you'll always have that part of you that longs for sex.. and the difference is that you are now in control..

1 Like

Re: 5 Keys To Staying Celibate After Being Sexually Active by ramaju: 9:14pm On May 03, 2017
Wonderful rhetoric
Re: 5 Keys To Staying Celibate After Being Sexually Active by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 03, 2017
I can relate. Nice piece.
Re: 5 Keys To Staying Celibate After Being Sexually Active by Young03(m): 9:29pm On May 03, 2017
Story, celibate ko celebrate ni
say i never buy new soap ,enter bathroom go taste am by egbooo ncha

1 Like

Re: 5 Keys To Staying Celibate After Being Sexually Active by mekybabe1: 9:29pm On May 03, 2017
True. .[ quote
Re: 5 Keys To Staying Celibate After Being Sexually Active by Headlesschicken(m): 10:42pm On May 03, 2017
grin Wiv d way ladies do form,i thought we guys wia d only sexually active gender...
Re: 5 Keys To Staying Celibate After Being Sexually Active by Dionnetech: 12:07am On May 04, 2017
Safiaa come and see something here

(1) (Reply)

Why Does An Orgasm Feel So Good? Here Is Why. [doctorsofficeng] / Do Old People Have Grey Hair On Their Private? Nairalanders / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.