Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Good News: Governor Ikpeazu To Flag Off Reconstruction Of Portharcourt Road Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Good News: Governor Ikpeazu To Flag Off Reconstruction Of Portharcourt Road Aba (828 Views)

FG Flags-off Reconstruction Of N3.6bn Lagos-badagry Expressway / Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road / Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good News: Governor Ikpeazu To Flag Off Reconstruction Of Portharcourt Road Aba by RolandAkachukwu(m): 9:10pm On May 03, 2017
Ikpeazu set to flag off reconstruction of PH Road Aba

Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, has invited his Ebonyi State counterpart, Engr. Dave Umahi, to join him at the flag off of the reconstruction of Port Harcourt Road Aba, tomorrow, Thursday, 4th May, 2017.

It will be recalled that Governor Ikpeazu recently visited the dilapidated Port Harcourt, which is a Federal Road, and promised to fix it.

"Port Harcourt Road is a federal government road; unfortunately there are no federal citizens. So, we are touched. Initially, you are aware that we have been waiting for ADB (African Development Bank) to give us facility to go into that road and give it the kind of touch we are giving to Faulks road and other areas. But the thing is delaying; we are almost marking our second year anniversary. We think that because of the strategic nature of Port Harcourt road where they manufacture machine tools and fabrication, to bring them to support our battle for the growth of SMEs in our environment, we look into Port Harcourt road at this time. And going there shows that we have developed interest. I have asked some good contractors to look at it. Very soon, we will advertise that road. We will do it." Governor Ikpeazu said.

The road which spans from Asa Nnentu junction of Port Harcourt Enugu Highway to Asa Road in Aba will be reconstructed by Setraco Construction Company and it is expected to be completed within 18 months.

Setraco construction company is currently working on Faulks Road, Aba.

Enyinnaya Appolos
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
03/05/2017

Re: Good News: Governor Ikpeazu To Flag Off Reconstruction Of Portharcourt Road Aba by Godfullsam(m): 9:15pm On May 03, 2017
The working governor.

1 Like

Re: Good News: Governor Ikpeazu To Flag Off Reconstruction Of Portharcourt Road Aba by paramakina202: 9:15pm On May 03, 2017
cool
Re: Good News: Governor Ikpeazu To Flag Off Reconstruction Of Portharcourt Road Aba by Greatigbos(f): 9:24pm On May 03, 2017
My governor

1 Like

Re: Good News: Governor Ikpeazu To Flag Off Reconstruction Of Portharcourt Road Aba by DaniDani(m): 9:30pm On May 03, 2017
Kudos to you Ikpeazu, you are making reasonable efforts to put aba in shape
Re: Good News: Governor Ikpeazu To Flag Off Reconstruction Of Portharcourt Road Aba by hisgrace090: 9:30pm On May 03, 2017
I am still waiting to hear one good news from abia state, how I wish this will materialize.
Re: Good News: Governor Ikpeazu To Flag Off Reconstruction Of Portharcourt Road Aba by SoNature(m): 10:16pm On May 03, 2017
When I moved from Enugu to Aba - like moving from a town with a world-class road network to a town with terribly bad roads - the Port Harcourt Road was by far my worst road to ply in Aba. Anytime I remembered that I'd ply the road, my heart would fly off.

Trucks would always fall, causing terrible traffic jams and it even became worse whenever there was a downpour.

Well, it's a good thing the road is to be fixed...Aba roads are some of the worst in S/East. Gov. Okezie has to up his game.

(1) (Reply)

Fani-kayode And Buhari’s Aide In Twitter War / The Seven-fold Yoke And The Cabal That Own Nigeria / Biafran Boy Builds A Remote-controlled Armoured Vehicle (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.