Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Advice Needed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Needed (826 Views)

Advice Needed. How Do I Handle This? / She Came And Offered Me Sex. (advice Needed) / My Relationship Gone Bad, Matured Advice Needed.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed by fran6co(m): 11:16am On May 04, 2017
Help please
I need your advice
My girlfriend of over four years recently enrolled in a Bible school Program which I supported Nd during this period everything between me and her was going on well but shortly after she completed the program her altitude and character tremendously changed to the extent that it has affected the relationship, she doesn't pick her calls no more or call bk, she doesn't even reply messages nor show any form of care, she avoid me getting close to her, she sees our closeness as a heavy distraction.
Several times have called her to talk about her character and acts towards the relationship but at the end of the day she doesn't give any concrete reply to why she is acting up, thou she still constantly maintain that she still value the relationship bt I shd gv her time to concentrate on her religious life.
Am kind of confuse on what to do because a couple of frnds have advice I shd lt her have the time she needs but somhw I feel she wants to subtly call it a quit because the longer the lack of communication the more the love grows cold.
I really need advice on how to go about this situation because it really affecting my ability to concentrate.
Re: Advice Needed by Bism(m): 11:24am On May 04, 2017
call the relationship off and see her reaction. if she shows some concern, then she till love you vice versa. Also, are you a bornagain christian because they are some things she listen to about relationship in her bible school.
Re: Advice Needed by fran6co(m): 11:29am On May 04, 2017
Bism:
call the relationship off and see her reaction. if she shows some concern, then she till love you vice versa. Also, are you a bornagain christian because they are some things she listen to about relationship in her bible school.
I am a Christian but not that deeply rooted
Re: Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:30am On May 04, 2017
Give her the space she needs. The church has put guilt and the fear of god in her. Either way this is the time you should take several steps back and watch. Chances are this could be the end of the relationship or maybe she wants a no sin relationship which means no touching, sweet talking, or romance of any kind. Either way leave her alone and see where it takes you.
Re: Advice Needed by BadlikeRIRI: 11:31am On May 04, 2017
Break up
Re: Advice Needed by fran6co(m): 11:33am On May 04, 2017
Halfpenny:
Give her the space she needs. The church has put guilt and the fear of god in her. Either way this is the time you should take several steps back and watch. Chances are this could be the end of the relationship or maybe she wants a no sin relationship which means no touching, sweet talking, or romance of any kind. Either way leave her alone and see where it takes you.
you ar saying the truth man.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by fran6co(m): 11:33am On May 04, 2017
BadlikeRIRI:
Break up
just like that
Re: Advice Needed by BadlikeRIRI: 11:34am On May 04, 2017
fran6co:
just like that
It's not hard is it?
Re: Advice Needed by darbeelicous(f): 11:34am On May 04, 2017
let her focus on what's more important to her. most times people's standards are what actually defines them and are not meant to be brought down. it's her path! since u truly love her, u should understand.
Re: Advice Needed by fran6co(m): 11:36am On May 04, 2017
BadlikeRIRI:
It's not hard is it?
it is
Re: Advice Needed by fran6co(m): 11:38am On May 04, 2017
darbeelicous:
let her focus on what's more important to her. most times people's standards are what actually defines them and are not meant to be brought down. it's her path! since u truly love her, u should understand.

thanks.
Re: Advice Needed by BadlikeRIRI: 11:39am On May 04, 2017
fran6co:
it is
Says who?
Re: Advice Needed by darbeelicous(f): 11:40am On May 04, 2017
fran6co:
thanks.
ure most welcome.
Re: Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:43am On May 04, 2017
fran6co:
you ar saying the truth man.

Everyone goes through religious turmoil, and the guilt becomes over powering. If what you guys have is a good thing then trust that the relationship is safe. She could come out of this and things might go back to normal. Don't stress her and stop the frequent calls, just check up on her once a week with a message not a call. If after say 3 weeks nothing changes then have a chat with her and tell her how this makes you feel and that you are moving on to date others because you have emotional needs blah blah. If she is not responsive then it will be time to move on.
Re: Advice Needed by fran6co(m): 11:46am On May 04, 2017
Halfpenny:

Everyone goes through religious turmoil, and the guilt becomes over powering. If what you guys have is a good thing then trust that the relationship is safe. She could come out of this and things might go back to normal. Don't stress her and stop the frequent calls, just check up on her once a week with a message not a call. If after say 3 weeks nothing changes then have a chat with her and tell her how this makes you feel and that you are moving on to date others because you have emotional needs blah blah. If she is not responsive then it will be time to move on.
thanks alot. but the truth Is i feel the less time we communicate the more distance that exist between us. don't u think she might capitalize on it
Re: Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:52am On May 04, 2017
fran6co:

thanks alot. but the truth Is i feel the less time we communicate the more distance that exist between us. don't u think she might capitalize on it

Look you can't MAKE her stay with you infact if you don't give her space she will resent you that will give her the reason to leave. Let her miss you and if she doesn't then she isn't worth your love. Just check up on her once a week with a quick and short call or a text. You are too available and that makes you loose value.
Re: Advice Needed by fran6co(m): 11:55am On May 04, 2017
Halfpenny:

Look you can't MAKE her stay with you infact if you don't give her space she will resent you that will give her the reason to leave. Let her miss you and if she doesn't then she isn't worth your love. Just check up on her once a week with a quick and short call or a text. You are too available and that makes you loose value.
thanks alot. I really appreciate
Re: Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:59am On May 04, 2017
fran6co:
thanks alot. I really appreciate

I would go as far as saying that you should start dating other girls (no sex though) this will keep your mind of her and it will make things easier for you emotionally if she decides to leave you. Get your power back by becoming valuable because right now you are too needy.
Re: Advice Needed by fran6co(m): 12:00pm On May 04, 2017
Halfpenny:

I would go as far as saying that you should start dating other girls (no sex though) this will keep your mind of her and it will make things easier for you emotionally if she decides to leave you. Get your power back by becoming valuable because right now you are too needy.
that is it, hv turn down many golden opportunity just to b with her, any hw sha it's all good
Re: Advice Needed by Curvinus(m): 12:38pm On May 04, 2017
Maybe she has been managing you and now she has found a better man who gives her the tingles. All women are like that, cold, calculated and merciless when they want to leave you. It's how nature has programmed them to advance the gene pool. Once they see a weakness in you, they are on to the next one, like monkeys swinging branches. So, stop trying to win back her affection. Rather, you should focus your energy on new adventure. But try to treat new relationships like an investment with it's risks and always have exit plans. And always remember to keep two or more in the kitty so you have options. This will also ensure that you don't come across as needy. While I'm not advocating that you be mean to her or mistreat women, I'd say you should stick to the golden rule. But abeg, if you know say you no fine and you no get money, just leave woman matter.
Re: Advice Needed by fran6co(m): 12:41pm On May 04, 2017
Curvinus:
Maybe she has been managing you and now she has found a better man who gives her the tingles. All women are like that, cold, calculated and merciless when they want to leave you. It's how nature has programmed them to advance the gene pool. Once they see a weakness in you, they are on to the next one, like monkeys swinging branches. So, stop trying to win back her affection. Rather, you should focus your energy on new adventure. But try to treat new relationships like an investment with it's risks and always have exit plans. And always remember to keep two or more in the kitty so you have options. This will also ensure that you don't come across as needy. While I'm not advocating that you be mean to her or mistreat women, I'd say you should stick to the golden rule. But abeg, if you know say you no fine and you no get money, just leave woman matter.
baba u get oil for head
Re: Advice Needed by MrCork: 6:47pm On May 07, 2017
darbeelicous:

angry

(1) (Reply)

Have You Been Out Of Friend Zone Before? Share How You Did It / Man Offers Daughter N1million To Sleep With Her Friend / 3 Tips For Those Who Want To Reduce Their Sex Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.