Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Be Mindful Of The Words You Use - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Be Mindful Of The Words You Use (38887 Views)

What VPN Do You Use? / Funny-sounding & Interesting Words You Probably Don't Know / What Yardstick Would You Use To Measure Success In Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by ychris: 10:40am On May 05, 2017
Wahs the name of the nollywood movie? undecided
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by chloride6: 10:40am On May 05, 2017
Foolish teacher. Pure case of your word against mine.

How could you let a toddler outdo you?

Simple denial would have saved this issue.

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by ironheart(m): 10:40am On May 05, 2017
God just answered her call
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Nobody: 10:40am On May 05, 2017
teachers who teach children from primary school and below are supposed to be have a bit of information about child psychology, that was just too extreme, kill ke?, I would have even prefer flogging on the buttocks in such a scenario, or even some form of punishment

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Waspy(m): 10:40am On May 05, 2017
Which kain jobless parent is that undecided undecided....As if he/she didn't hear worse growing up and this new generations ain't, in any way, the better off.

The parent (i want to believe she's the child's mother) should have handled it better (probably caution and speak with the teacher as she would her relative) or pleaded against the sack.

Now, she just positively reinforced Snitching in her child.

2 Likes

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by bsideboii(m): 10:41am On May 05, 2017
Tho I don't agree with the statement the teacher made but I bet 70% of teachers at one time or the other have used inappropriate words to these kids.Sometimes you might just be having a bad day.Sacking her will only make other teachers more mindful... unfortunately she was d scapegoat.

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by JideAmuGiaka: 10:41am On May 05, 2017
TEACHER: I will kill you.

CHILD: I will tell my Mummy for you.

SCHOOL: Teacher Nwanjoku, you are fired!.

CHILD: Teacher Nwanjoku Ntooooor!.

Case closed.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by holluphemydavid(m): 10:41am On May 05, 2017
such word is tu harsh to use on little children
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Bigsteveg(m): 10:41am On May 05, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided The teacher deserved what happened to him/her, people should be mindful of what they say, a word is enough for the wise.
Have you never at any point gone out of control before? The teacher is also human, cut some slack jare
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by agulion: 10:42am On May 05, 2017
even Iie muhammad is suppose to be fired for constantly lieying for us
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by babyfaceafrica: 10:42am On May 05, 2017
She na today?
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by dnawah(m): 10:43am On May 05, 2017
Laveda:
As we all know, students In nursery, primary and secondary school just resumed for another academic section So I thought I should share this information with us, especially the teachers.

Children are very sensitive, and as such parents and guiders in school should be really careful of the kind of words we use on them. I know some of them can be very stubborn in class even to the extent of annoying you on purpose..

Lemme share this little piece how q teacher lost her job cause of a child.

This teacher asked her little pupil to write, and the child is a really stubborn one. Instead of her to do what she was told she kept doing another thing.. There the teacher said "Because of this your character, I'll kill you"
grin This little girl kept this in her head till she got to the house and reported to the mother, the next day the mum went to the school to meet the proprietress the teacher couldn't give a good explanation for it.. But I'm sure it was all anger and she couldn't control her words

There, the teacher was fired immediately..

The teachers and even everyone should be really mindful of words, Words break and makes a person, we'll be surprised at the level our words can go.

Good Morning!

I think there at people who need this info.
pls if u know d mum,tell her to train d child d way she will grow so that she won't depart 4rm it.one day she will report the mum to police.

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Euckybaby(f): 10:43am On May 05, 2017
Today is my birthday... Wish me well

2 Likes

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by refreshrate: 10:44am On May 05, 2017
vedah:
Using negative words on kids, is likely to affect them in the long run... We know kids can be stubborn but there are always ways to handle such child.

Nice piece laveda... Cc. Lalasticlala.

For real?
Did you grow up in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by tosyne2much(m): 10:45am On May 05, 2017
That's very unethical of the teacher.. Anyway, I hope she doesn't find solace at third mainland bridge sha
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by ayindejimmy(m): 10:45am On May 05, 2017
Ironically, parents say worst to their kids at home.

I once taught an extremely naughty boy. He told his mother I called him "naughty."

His mother came to complain to me that calling him naughty could make him psychologically unstable.
I was modest and calm enough to apologize.

The irony here is that often times , this same mother calls him stubborn, naughty, idiot and other derogatory names in her local language at home as reported by the boys elder sister.
What the school ought to have done is caution the teacher to be cautious of her usage of words.
And parents should know teachers are humans too.
I won't encourage parents to discourage their kids from switching, just discern between which to take serious.

Parents should also establish a close relationship with their children's teacher rather than intimidating them. Such a child will henceforth be stereotyped by all teachers in that school. They'll treat him like a plague.
Those are not the type of case you report to school authority directly. First approach the teacher.
There's great competition amongst private schools now and most schools fire teachers at the slightest complain from parents.

A parent once complained that we should stop marking With red ink, that it gives the children psychologically fright of failure.

THANK GOD I QUIT TEACHING. All that stress for people who don't appreciate got to me

6 Likes

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by SmartyPants(m): 10:46am On May 05, 2017
okay she has been fired. fine and good... i want to hear when the court case is starting...

abi threatening violence to a minor is not a crime in Nigeria?
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by wakes: 10:46am On May 05, 2017
It matters what you tell school children.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by skywalker001(m): 10:49am On May 05, 2017
Laveda:

Lol abi
mother xmas!
U stil dy
Longtime
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by BrutusOj(m): 10:49am On May 05, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided The teacher deserved what happened to him/her, people should be mindful of what they say, a word is enough for the wise.
It's the teacher's turn today, tomorrow might be your turn. sacking her/him outrightly is not fair enough. What happened to suspension if warning is too small for her offence? we are all human bound to going off our ways once in a while. This is the problem of private schools, no public school will sack a teacher for use of a wrong word on a pupil in school.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by phkka1(m): 10:50am On May 05, 2017
Proprietors are not trained teachers. The best thing is to caution the the teacher and plead with the parents to forgive him. Then comes the need to train the teachers the more.

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by mallamabdul25: 10:51am On May 05, 2017
KIDS HEAR MORE VULGAR AND NEGATIVE WORDS FROM THEIR PARENTS EACH DAY THAN THEY HEAR FROM THEIR TEACHERS

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Originalsly: 10:52am On May 05, 2017
That teacher need to be fired.... what will she do the next time a pupil doesn't follow her instruction? ...punch him in the mouth?...bash his head with a chair? Teaching kids is not easy and that is why it is very important for the teachers to be trained in Child Behaviour and Child Psychology. Getting angry should never be an option.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by fuke(m): 10:52am On May 05, 2017
The school owner is not experienced.
I own schools and will not sack a good teacher for that.
The proprietor just sacrificed the teacher to please the parent.
Sometimes you stand up to defend your staff.

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by victorazy(m): 10:54am On May 05, 2017
Epositive:
Most times, it's not that easy to keep calm,,,, some kids(especially boys) are just too troublesome,, smiley

and this one is girl not boy. stubbornness is not respecter of gender.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by BrutusOj(m): 10:54am On May 05, 2017
2dugged:
teachers who teach children from primary school and below are supposed to be have a bit of information about child psychology, that was just too extreme, kill ke?, I would have even prefer flogging on the buttocks in such a scenario, or even some form of punishment
You are right, however you ought to know that most of this private schools don't allow teachers to use cane at all. The teacher allowed anger controlled her. Teaching kids and adults who are just learning basic education is the most difficult aspect of teaching.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Langbasa: 10:58am On May 05, 2017
Laveda:

That's true, but in some cases like this especially in a school environment with kids, we have to try.
Let me give the teachers a piece of advise,if you have a stubborn child or children in your class there is only this simple thing u do to treat their f-up,buy plenty of chin-chin grin,ask them questions according to what you taught them,share the chin-chin to the ones that answered correctly and leave out the stubborn ones,i know the stubborn ones will fail to answer correctly because they were busy doing other things while u were teaching grin,do this often and thank me later gringringrin
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Nobody: 10:59am On May 05, 2017
BrutusOj:
You are right, however you ought to know that most of this private schools don't allow teachers to use cane at all. The teacher allowed anger controlled her. Teaching kids and adults who are just learning basic education is the most difficult aspect of teaching.
No cane?, now I know why the kid was that naughty!, I can also guess the parents don't use cane at home too, imagine the guts for a child to be doing something else, because he/she knows the highest you can do is talk and open your eyes, nothing more, well I guess it's because of people like the teacher who allow emotions to rule then that they banned cane,before you go and over flog, but banning it entirely in my personal opinion, is not the best
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Nobody: 11:01am On May 05, 2017
Why especially boys?
Epositive:
Most times, it's not that easy to keep calm,,,, some kids(especially boys) are just too troublesome,, smiley
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by ShitHead(m): 11:01am On May 05, 2017
The boy don kill the teacher career.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by ayindejimmy(m): 11:04am On May 05, 2017
Langbasa:
Let me give the teachers a piece of advise,if you have a stubborn child or children in your class there is only this simple thing u do to treat their f-up,buy plenty of chin-chin grin,ask them questions according to what you taught them,share the chin-chin to the ones that answered correctly and leave out the stubborn ones,i know the stubborn ones will fail to answer correctly because they were busy doing other things while u were teaching grin,do this often and thank me later gringringrin

You're looking for trouble again. I take it you haven't taught in a private school before. You don't give children edibles, if anything happens, you'reay be culpable. That's just one reason
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by BrutusOj(m): 11:07am On May 05, 2017
2dugged:
No cane?, now I know why the kid was that naughty!, I can also guess the parents don't use cane at home too, imagine the guts for a child to be doing something else, because he/she knows the highest you can do is talk and open your eyes, nothing more, well I guess it's because of people like the teacher who allow emotions to rule then that they banned cane,before you go and over flog, but banning it entirely in my personal opinion, is not the best
That's one of the challenges of teachers in private schools, the more reason we have over spoilt children everywhere now. Teaching in private school is the most difficult white colar job in Nigeria, you have to keep reporting every wrong doings of the kids to the principal who has got no balls to punish them for real. Some parents will even walk majestically to the classroom to harass you cos you had an issue with their ward. Read through the comments here and see that we have plenty of those arrogant parents who feels their kids are too precious to be tempered with. A time will come when all these people will have to teach their kids at home.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos / 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target / Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.