Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,305 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Be Mindful Of The Words You Use - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Be Mindful Of The Words You Use (38893 Views)

What VPN Do You Use? / Funny-sounding & Interesting Words You Probably Don't Know / What Yardstick Would You Use To Measure Success In Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by eyinjuege: 11:11am On May 05, 2017
The teacher lost her job, not because of the child but because of her inability to control herself.
I don't expect any teacher to ever threaten my child with violence or death.
The child's mother did right to have reported to the proprietor, and they also did well to have punished her.
Teachers are meant to build up children, help them to have confidence in themselves, and not threaten them with death

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by eyinjuege: 11:16am On May 05, 2017
refreshrate:

For real?
Did you grow up in Nigeria?

And that's one of the reasons we're still in the mess we're in.
Most of our problems are caused by poor training in the home. The way most of our politicians were raised reflects in their actions.
The way your average Nigerian is raised reflects in the way most people are dubious, want to cheat others, get paid for what they didn't work for, entitlement mentality you see in most.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by MrBONE2(m): 11:20am On May 05, 2017
Laveda:
As we all know, students In nursery, primary and secondary school just resumed for another academic section So I thought I should share this information with us, especially the teachers.

Children are very sensitive, and as such parents and guiders in school should be really careful of the kind of words we use on them. I know some of them can be very stubborn in class even to the extent of annoying you on purpose..

Lemme share this little piece how q teacher lost her job cause of a child.

This teacher asked her little pupil to write, and the child is a really stubborn one. Instead of her to do what she was told she kept doing another thing.. There the teacher said "Because of this your character, I'll kill you"
grin This little girl kept this in her head till she got to the house and reported to the mother, the next day the mum went to the school to meet the proprietress the teacher couldn't give a good explanation for it.. But I'm sure it was all anger and she couldn't control her words

There, the teacher was fired immediately..

The teachers and even everyone should be really mindful of words, Words break and makes a person, we'll be surprised at the level our words can go.

Good Morning!

I think there at people who need this info.
I Once did that to one of Late Gen Murtala Mohd's Grand Children But was lucky not to be sack cos am a very funny person who can meltdown people's anger. grin
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Nobody: 11:23am On May 05, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided The teacher deserved what happened to him/her, people should be mindful of what they say, a word is enough for the wise.

NO CAPITAL LETTERS
NO GLORIANINJA
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by mickeymimi: 11:23am On May 05, 2017
In order to be a teacher...... you ve got to be a student first......Use of bad language on kids entrusted in your care at School is not acceptable .... there are other ways to punish the kids or put them in time out... The school must have rules..,,,,

Once kids are at school *especially early years of primary school** ....in your class....you become their parent for that period ....and you have to see them as your babies........You need to understand that ........the kid who needs most attention ....ask for it in the most annoying way.........and they all come from different background......

The world sees you as a teacher .......but those kids sees you as a role hero or role model..........and you have inspire them at that young age with a desire to learn........

A lot of parent will take that up with the school , especially if it is a private school......A lot of patient is needed to be a teacher in nursery and primary school.....most parent get worried about their young kids at school .......Survey will tell you that.

2 Likes

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by tobrinskilanski: 11:25am On May 05, 2017
Laveda:
As we all know, students In nursery, primary and secondary school just resumed for another academic section So I thought I should share this information with us, especially the teachers.

Children are very sensitive, and as such parents and guiders in school should be really careful of the kind of words we use on them. I know some of them can be very stubborn in class even to the extent of annoying you on purpose..

This teacher asked her little pupil to write, and the child is a really stubborn one. Instead of her to do what she was told she kept doing another thing.. There the teacher said "Because of this your character, I'll kill you"
grin This little girl kept this in her head till she got to the house and reported to the mother, the next day the mum went to the school to meet the proprietress the teacher couldn't give a good explanation for it.. But I'm sure it was all anger and she couldn't control her words

The teachers and even everyone should be really mindful of words, Words break and makes a person, we'll be surprised at the level our words can go.

Good Morning!

True
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Matthew4sure(m): 11:37am On May 05, 2017
what are we nursing in nairaland let us say the true as for me this woman never say bad word ask he or her student mother whether she never say provocative word to his or her child before this is provocative word she didn't mean it. I bet the parent she started to destroy the future of the child if the child is schooling in abroad you will travel to abroad to fight teacher abi .anyway I am not a teacher I just feel concerns thanks.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by rezzy: 11:45am On May 05, 2017
Originalsly:
That teacher need to be fired.... what will she do the next time a pupil doesn't follow her instruction? ...punch him in the mouth?...bash his head with a chair? Teaching kids is not easy and that is why it is very important for the teachers to be trained in Child Behaviour and Child Psychology. Getting angry should never be an option.

You should know the teacher doesn't mean kill. The kill there means beat her very well. I don't have the patience to teach lower primary.

Humm, I don't think you have met a stubborn child. My son is giving his teacher lots of trouble . He can bite for Africa. At least in a day, he will bite nothing less than 3 pupils. If she beats him, he will rush to beat another pupils. Or even bite the teacher. Climbs up the burglary, scatter the class, use toy to hit his class mate, use pencil to drum on the table. Even me goon, I'm tired of his wahala.

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by glossy6(f): 11:51am On May 05, 2017
Epositive:
Most times, it's not that easy to keep calm,,,, some kids(especially boys) are just too troublesome,, smiley

My boy would even make the Pope loose his meekly nature grin
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by darlenese(f): 11:56am On May 05, 2017
Some proprietress set,

The teacher was careless in her speech tho' but helllooo, what happened to suspension' or other disciplinary actions .
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by tellytopy: 12:02pm On May 05, 2017
Sometimes it's really hard to restrain yourself from shouting, screaming and spanking. What teachers need is the grace of God and patience.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Bahddo(m): 12:11pm On May 05, 2017
A teacher of all people should know that little kids take words quite literally. That's a thoughtless thing to say even to an adult. Getting fired is kinda harsh, but I can't say she doesn't deserve it.

2 Likes

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Austinoiz(m): 12:13pm On May 05, 2017
I see some Hypocrites here bashing the teacher as if they hadn't, at one time or the other, reacted to emotions in manners way too worse than the teacher's toward kids and even fellow adults

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Bahddo(m): 12:14pm On May 05, 2017
darlenese:
Some proprietress set,

The teacher was careless in her speech tho' but helllooo, what happened to suspension' or other disciplinary actions .
times are changing. Gone are the days teachers were tin gods who could do whatever as long as they made the child learn. We are in the age of political-correctness, and thoughtless speech isn't tolerated much anymore. If she had said that to an adult, chances are, it could even become police case.

Other parents would get to know about it and feel their kids aren't safe in the hands of such a teacher. The result is that they would go to another school and the 'proprietress' would be the loser.

Her school is not a charity organization, it's for making profit. So anything that would ruin it has to go.

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by FakoMaybach1: 12:18pm On May 05, 2017
This case is the major reason i hate teaching...Poor salary coupled with lots and lots of stress.

Some children are gifts of God with Devilish casing, wahlahi when i tried teaching one little boy frustrated me so tey i hit my head on the wall.

During our time those Ghanian teachers will call u names like "Basia" "Paaaa" etc and i turned out okay.

Shout out to the teachers in private schools una dey try

2 Likes

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 05, 2017
alignacademy:

Have you considered the consequences of this for the child?

For one, she has clearly seen the power in disobedience and she'll certainly grow more wings.

Yes, the teacher was wrong to lose her temper, but instant sack was a bit too HARSH (unless the proprietress had some unresolved beef with the teacher)

Didn't the parent know that the words were a reaction to the BEHAVIOUR of her child?

It's not like the teacher just walked into the class and said "Hey, you there, I will KILL you!"

Yes, you're right about the power of words, but there's much more to this case.

Children also need to OBEY the right words

Sense talk.

All of those words and more were used on me and I never became 'emotionally' damaged as these SJW predict.

So what were the consequences for the disobeying child? Nothing. That mother has just sown the wind. She'll reap the whirlwind in the coming harvest.

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by vislabraye(m): 12:37pm On May 05, 2017
alignacademy:

For one, she has clearly seen the power in disobedience and she'll certainly grow more wings.

Yes, the teacher was wrong to lose her temper, but instant sack was a bit too HARSH (unless the proprietress had some unresolved beef with the teacher)

Didn't the parent know that the words were a reaction to the BEHAVIOUR of her child?

It's not like the teacher just walked into the class and said "Hey, you there, I will KILL you!"

True !! Children would grow up to become saucy and manipulative. It's so sad thst these days, children are so spoilt. angry
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by nosa73(m): 12:55pm On May 05, 2017
Epositive:
Most times, it's not that easy to keep calm,,,, some kids(especially boys) are just too troublesome,, smiley
my brother thank you
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by nosa73(m): 12:56pm On May 05, 2017
Epositive:
my brother thx u because is not easy to control dem
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by davonny: 1:08pm On May 05, 2017
apart from parents, teachers are next to our children. just as parents have power to bless their children, God has given teacher some authority to bless their students. I know the teacher didn't mean kill as in to kill the pupil, she said that out of frustration but that was not the best way to handle frustration. I think warning and training would have been the best for the the teacher.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by davonny: 1:20pm On May 05, 2017
the mother should have tried and plead with the school authority not to sack the teacher because the mother have just sown a bad seed into the life of her daughter and definitely she will reap it in the future, and if care is not taken, the girl will grow up to be very disobedient , and arrogant ,first towards her parents and then towards the society at large
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by gud4dbest(m): 1:20pm On May 05, 2017
Laveda:

That's true, but in some cases like this especially in a school environment with kids, we have to try.

when asked she should av said 'I meant I will kill the stubborness(you) in him
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by zicoraads: 1:50pm On May 05, 2017
There is more to this.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Laveda(f): 2:11pm On May 05, 2017
alignacademy:

Hmmmm. Well said..

It also depends the kind of person one is working with, hence the level of carefulness that should be applied..

Such boss can fire you for a child's wrong, just to keep the parents.

But you made nice points.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Laveda(f): 2:12pm On May 05, 2017
MrBONE2:
I Once did that to one of Late Gen Murtala Mohd's Grand Children But was lucky not to be sack cos am a very funny person who can meltdown people's anger. grin

grin Lucky you.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Laveda(f): 2:15pm On May 05, 2017
Langbasa:
Let me give the teachers a piece of advise,if you have a stubborn child or children in your class there is only this simple thing u do to treat their f-up,buy plenty of chin-chin grin,ask them questions according to what you taught them,share the chin-chin to the ones that answered correctly and leave out the stubborn ones,i know the stubborn ones will fail to answer correctly because they were busy doing other things while u were teaching grin,do this often and thank me later gringringrin

But you know there are some schools where you are not allowed to give a child food except what he/she brought to school

This can also cost you much, not advisable

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 05, 2017
Laveda:

Hmmmm. Well said..

It also depends the kind of person one is working with, hence the level of carefulness that should be applied..

Such boss can fire you for a child's wrong, just to keep the parents.

But you made nice points.

I agree; it always pays to be careful in the workplace (and anywhere in fact).

Most of us here in this part of world know that the poor teacher's words were spoken in anger.

We also know that the teacher probably wasn't keen on murder (we know how at times we use words we don't mean; just look at some threads here on Nairaland)

So you see that this case is deeper than it looks.

A proprietress who is willing to "sacrifice" a teacher just to keep a parent, isn't that a form of corruption?

Schools are supposed to groom children both in learning and CHARACTER.

By condoning bad character just to keep the cash coming in, is that school really doing her job?

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Originalsly: 2:45pm On May 05, 2017
rezzy:
Humm, I don't think you have met a stubborn child. My son is giving his teacher lots of trouble . He can bite for Africa. At least in a day, he will bite nothing less than 3 pupils. If she beats him, he will rush to beat another pupils. Or even bite the teacher. Climbs up the burglary, scatter the class, use toy to hit his class mate, use pencil to drum on the table. Even me goon, I'm tired of his wahala.
Hmmmm..... the son behaves just like the mother did when she was that age.....that's what I heard! But as a mother if your son bites at home he will bite abroad.... not many cannibals left... and we would be very happy if they all die out. .. but this your son..ehmmm... let me shut up.
Advice... every time your son bites someone... force him to eat bitter kola... or drink castor oil or some such unpleasant tasting stuff.... or... tie him down... get a machete and a hammer or big stick...plus a long pointed knife and let him know you'll have to knock his teeth out because he is misusing them. But preplan with someone to intervene at the last moment to stop you and beg for him. You will see results... he may even become vegetarian after. Bend the tree when it is young.

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by xrenzy(m): 2:46pm On May 05, 2017
Laveda:

Good Morning!

GHETTO Child no send u ooo
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by GetMeRight: 2:47pm On May 05, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided The teacher deserved what happened to him/her, people should be mindful of what they say, a word is enough for the wise.
Did that means he would kill him? I can't get teacher fired because of that statement, just a warning.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by hatchy(f): 2:48pm On May 05, 2017
Teachers are trained. It is not every Tom,Dick and Susan is good to be a teacher,hence the need for constant training to acquire skills on how to handle situations like this one.
Its so unfortunate that you can be a teacher so far you can rule a line on the board,even minders are teachers in some schools.There is no regulations therefore anything goes.

Teachers training institutes are a place where people who wants to be professional are trained.
The teacher could have handled such situation by either cracking a joke, or even petting the pupil into doing whatever is asked of he or she. Using such strong word can have adverse effect on the child in the long run.

Lastly,in my opinion, suspension would have been more appropriate than termination just to please the parents of the child.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Laveda(f): 2:50pm On May 05, 2017
alignacademy:

I agree; it always pays to be careful in the workplace (and anywhere in fact).

Most of us here in this part of world know that the poor teacher's words were spoken in anger.

We also know that the teacher probably wasn't keen on murder (we know how at times we use words we don't mean; just look at some threads here on Nairaland)

So you see that this case is deeper than it looks.

A proprietress who is willing to "sacrifice" a teacher just to keep a parent, isn't that a form of corruption?

Schools are supposed to groom children both in learning and CHARACTER.

By condoning bad character just to keep the cash coming in, is that school really doing her job?

I do get your point..

But like I said before, these children are really sensitive.. The word was a bit extreme to be used in school

Immediate sack isn't the best, but what can we do? That's the theory the proprietress lives by... I think another thing is to understand our bosses and how principled they are

Hiring and firing once you fûck up,she's after her own interest. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos / 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target / Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.