Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,265 members, 7,954,035 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:13 AM

Be Mindful Of The Words You Use - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Be Mindful Of The Words You Use (39110 Views)

What VPN Do You Use? / Funny-sounding & Interesting Words You Probably Don't Know / What Yardstick Would You Use To Measure Success In Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Originalsly: 3:15pm On May 05, 2017
ayindejimmy:
Those are not the type of case you report to school authority directly. First approach the teacher.
I disagree. Yes... we say firing was harsh.... but I'm sure it was not the first complain the Principal had ... this was just the last straw. Who knows.... the very parent may have spoken to the teacher before with no change.. so on this occasion she took it higher. Yes, teachers are human... some of them are stuck in their ways .... believing they can say whatever they want to say. Her mouth is loose.... she needed to go.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Laveda(f): 3:46pm On May 05, 2017
xrenzy:
GHETTO Child no send u ooo

grin. Abi nah

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Langbasa: 5:04pm On May 05, 2017
Laveda:

But you know there are some schools where you are not allowed to give a child food except what he/she brought to school

This can also cost you much, not advisable
Nah,it's just a joke.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by MarieSucre(f): 5:05pm On May 05, 2017
alignacademy:

Have you considered the consequences of this for the child?

For one, she has clearly seen the power in disobedience and she'll certainly grow more wings.

Yes, the teacher was wrong to lose her temper, but instant sack was a bit too HARSH (unless the proprietress had some unresolved beef with the teacher)

Didn't the parent know that the words were a reaction to the BEHAVIOUR of her child?

It's not like the teacher just walked into the class and said "Hey, you there, I will KILL you!"

Yes, you're right about the power of words, but there's much more to this case.

Children also need to OBEY the right words

She never said anywhere that's it's okay to be disobedient to elders. She only said, be mindful of your words.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 05, 2017
Laveda:
Hiring and firing once you fûck up,she's after her own interest. grin

LOL

I didn't know you speak "French"

Perhaps employees should all enrol for classes in Emotional Intelligence...
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 05, 2017
BrutusOj:
That's one of the challenges of teachers in private schools, the more reason we have over spoilt children everywhere now. Teaching in private school is the most difficult white colar job in Nigeria, you have to keep reporting every wrong doings of the kids to the principal who has got no balls to punish them for real. Some parents will even walk majestically to the classroom to harass you cos you had an issue with their ward. Read through the comments here and see that we have plenty of those arrogant parents who feels their kids are too precious to be tempered with. A time will come when all these people will have to teach their kids at home.
the same home that is plagued with alot of challenges already?, it's gonna be tough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by SirGoldEjike(m): 7:59pm On May 05, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided The teacher deserved what happened to him/her, people should be mindful of what they say, a word is enough for the wise.
i bet to disagree with you, she didnt get what she deserved, she was not given a chance to explain what really happened, the Proprietress should have been considerate, a warning and a change of class or maybe Few weeks suspension would have been Fair
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by SirGoldEjike(m): 8:02pm On May 05, 2017
2dugged:
the same home that is plagued with alot of challenges already?, it's gonna be tough
and then lets see the kind of Individuals there will raise to become!!
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by ayindejimmy(m): 7:38am On May 06, 2017
Originalsly:
I disagree. Yes... we say firing was harsh.... but I'm sure it was not the first complain the Principal had ... this was just the last straw. Who knows.... the very parent may have spoken to the teacher before with no change.. so on this occasion she took it higher. Yes, teachers are human... some of them are stuck in their ways .... believing they can say whatever they want to say. Her mouth is loose.... she needed to go.

All your opinions were based on assumptions but you still concluded she needs to go.
You'll be amazed she's working in another school now.
REMEMBER, I said, "first approach the teacher."
Try being a teacher with about 20 types of your kid that you can't flog or speak harshly to in a classroom for one day. And you still have to teach them.
You can't really speak boldly if you haven't been in her shoes before.
I was a teacher and I'm also a parent. I can assure you that if the parent had approached the teacher friendly on at least two occasions, the teacher would treat the kid differently.
I don't jump at everything my kids says happens in school cause I know kids can be VERY manipulative. I examine the situations and scenarios before taking actions. Approaching the proprietor is the last resort. I don't want my kids to be stereotyped by teachers.

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by rezzy: 9:06am On May 06, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmmm..... the son behaves just like the mother did when she was that age.....that's what I heard! But as a mother if your son bites at home he will bite abroad.... not many cannibals left... and we would be very happy if they all die out. .. but this your son..ehmmm... let me shut up.
Advice... every time your son bites someone... force him to eat bitter kola... or drink castor oil or some such unpleasant tasting stuff.... or... tie him down... get a machete and a hammer or big stick...plus a long pointed knife and let him know you'll have to knock his teeth out because he is misusing them. But preplan with someone to intervene at the last moment to stop you and beg for him. You will see results... he may even become vegetarian after. Bend the tree when it is young.

I can't stop laughing. Will try it out. Thank you
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by mikolo80: 9:20am On May 06, 2017
Epositive:
Most times, it's not that easy to keep calm,,,, some kids(especially boys) are just too troublesome,, smiley
then pick another profession
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Originalsly: 10:19am On May 06, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Try being a teacher with about 20 types of your kid that you can't flog or speak harshly to in a classroom for one day. And you still have to teach them.
You can't really speak boldly if you haven't been in her shoes before.
I was a teacher and I'm also a parent.
Been there done that. From your commemt.....your options of disciplining kids are limited to two.... flog or speak harshly. You cannot manage a class of 20 or be an effective teacher. There are kids who are used to being brutalized and screamed and cursed at home.... your petty flogging and harsh speaking will be non effective on such kids. You are now out of options... they not afraid of the consequences. ..and will continue to disrupt the class .. so where would that leave you ? A teacher that cannot control her class. As someone said earlier.... basically, you have no business teaching young kids without reading up on child psychology. If one does... he/she will know how to instill self discipline in the child and not try to do so by force. Again... that teacher needed to go. Her getting another teaching job is not at all surprising to me. .... nor would I be surprised if she hits the headlines for getting angry and severely beating the crap out of one of her pupils.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by ayindejimmy(m): 12:40pm On May 06, 2017
Originalsly:
Been there done that. From your commemt.....your options of disciplining kids are limited to two.... flog or speak harshly. You cannot manage a class of 20 or be an effective teacher. There are kids who are used to being brutalized and screamed and cursed at home.... your petty flogging and harsh speaking will be non effective on such kids. You are now out of options... they not afraid of the consequences. ..and will continue to disrupt the class .. so where would that leave you ? A teacher that cannot control her class. As someone said earlier.... basically, you have no business teaching young kids without reading up on child psychology. If one does... he/she will know how to instill self discipline in the child and not try to do so by force. Again... that teacher needed to go. Her getting another teaching job is not at all surprising to me. .... nor would I be surprised if if she hits the headlines for getting angry and severely beating the crap out of one of her pupils.

Well, there's a difference between your opinion and what the facts are.

I don't even have to flog my students again, a glance at them... And they all fall 8n place.

I see you've taken the issue personal by address your comments to me personally. I studied child psychology, psychology of learning and Human psychology. But NON of that really prepers you for the real experience until you've had it. So forget all that psychological Montessori gibberish... It's a whole new game when you're actually in a classroom striving to impact learning and also manage your class. Even the books advices teachers to apply the appropriate method that each situation demand.

I was managing a school when I quit teaching for something else.
You can continue to claim you're perfect and all... Well good luck.

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Originalsly: 1:39pm On May 06, 2017
ayindejimmy:

I don't even have to flog my students again, a glance at them... And they all fall 8n place.
That's what I'm talking about!....a teacher in control... no need for flogging and harsh words and ehmmm..... death threats!
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by bkool7(m): 2:10pm On May 06, 2017
Originalsly:
Been there done that. From your commemt.....your options of disciplining kids are limited to two.... flog or speak harshly. You cannot manage a class of 20 or be an effective teacher. There are kids who are used to being brutalized and screamed and cursed at home.... your petty flogging and harsh speaking will be non effective on such kids. You are now out of options... they not afraid of the consequences. ..and will continue to disrupt the class .. so where would that leave you ? A teacher that cannot control her class. As someone said earlier.... basically, you have no business teaching young kids without reading up on child psychology. If one does... he/she will know how to instill self discipline in the child and not try to do so by force. Again... that teacher needed to go. Her getting another teaching job is not at all surprising to me. .... nor would I be surprised if she hits the headlines for getting angry and severely beating the crap out of one of her pupils.

Excuse me. You seem to be taking it personal , are you personally involved ?
All we are basing our opinion on is the info the Op provided . All this you asumptions just doesn't cut it
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Originalsly: 4:08pm On May 06, 2017
bkool7:

Excuse me. You seem to be taking it personal , are you personally involved ?
All we are basing our opinion on is the info the Op provided . All this you asumptions just doesn't cut it
What you quoted is a direct response to a comment and not what was originally posted by the op. Look before you leap.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by bkool7(m): 7:36pm On May 06, 2017
Originalsly:
What you quoted is a direct response to a comment and not what was originally posted by the op. Look before you leap.
I've read all the comments here and I noticed the dude you're personal with is RIGHT .
I see you're one of those nobody has any right to flog or speak hashly to my kids type of people . That's why we have over pampered jelly fish people that can't stand any form of challenges.
well , you all might end up teaching your kids yourselves .
This is nigeria not Europe . We live by the principles of the Holy Books
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Originalsly: 8:17pm On May 06, 2017
bkool7:

I've read all the comments here and I noticed the dude you're personal with is RIGHT .
I see you're one of those nobody has any right to flog or speak hashly to my kids type of people . That's why we have over pampered jelly fish people that can't stand any form of challenges.
well , you all might end up teaching your kids yourselves .
This is nigeria not Europe . We live by the principles of the Holy Books
I'm not one of those persons. From the comment... it implied that there are only two options to discipline a child.... I highlighted them.... flog or speak harshly. You as a parent can choose to use those two only... but as a teacher.... that doesn't cut it. That was my point. Feel free to engage me on that. The person rebutted by saying she doesn't even have to flog or speak harshly... just look...and the child will know how to behave. That's a real teacher. Still want to engage?
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by MrCork: 8:39am On Aug 11, 2017
Laveda:
As we all know, students In nursery, primary and secondary school just resumed for another academic section So I thought I should share this information with us, especially the teachers.

Children are very sensitive, and as such parents and guiders in school should be really careful of the kind of words we use on them. I know some of them can be very stubborn in class even to the extent of annoying you on purpose..

Lemme share this little piece how q teacher lost her job cause of a child.

This teacher asked her little pupil to write, and the child is a really stubborn one. Instead of her to do what she was told she kept doing another thing.. There the teacher said "Because of this your character, I'll kill you"
grin This little girl kept this in her head till she got to the house and reported to the mother, the next day the mum went to the school to meet the proprietress the teacher couldn't give a good explanation for it.. But I'm sure it was all anger and she couldn't control her words

There, the teacher was fired immediately..

The teachers and even everyone should be really mindful of words, Words break and makes a person, we'll be surprised at the level our words can go.

Good Morning!

I think there at people who need this info.

..^^kaiii.. see booooobsi!! cheesy
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Laveda(f): 9:00am On Aug 11, 2017
MrCork:

..^^kaiii.. see booooobsi!! cheesy

lipsrsealed
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by MrCork: 9:06am On Aug 11, 2017
Laveda:

lipsrsealed

.. sweeery can I drink u? cheesy
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Laveda(f): 9:27am On Aug 11, 2017
MrCork:

.. sweeery can I drink u? cheesy

No, please.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by MrCork: 9:29am On Aug 11, 2017
Laveda:

No, please.

angry
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by MrCork: 9:31am On Aug 11, 2017
Laveda:

No, please.

...why thaaaaa heck r u sell fish?.do u realise u talkin to a Londoner? . why can't I drink u? undecided
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Laveda(f): 9:33am On Aug 11, 2017
MrCork:

...why thaaaaa heck r u sell fish?.do u realise u talkin to a Londoner? . why can't I drink u? undecided

grin Córky it's too early please.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by MrCork: 9:35am On Aug 11, 2017
Laveda:

grin Córky it's too early please.

.but I love the booooobsi nah....kaiii...we need to discuss.. serrrrrioussly!! cheesy
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Laveda(f): 9:37am On Aug 11, 2017
MrCork:

.but I love the booooobsi nah....kaiii...we need to discuss.. serrrrrioussly!! cheesy

Have you changed your Range Rover?
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by MrCork: 9:44am On Aug 11, 2017
Laveda:

...I got stopped by the police for drink drivin 2 week ago and will be going to court. I have a feelin I will be banned for 6 month. It's in the garage. Been using public transport angry
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by jaksmillioniar: 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2017
Laveda:

nice boobs it luk sweet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target / Hilarious Chat Between A Boss And His Employee(snapshot) / Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.