Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,035 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? (49030 Views)

Please, No Sex Before Marriage Is NEVER A Scam / Sharon Oyakhilome: Phillip Frimpong & I Never Had Sex Before Marriage / "Apostle Suleman Uses His Tongue On Me During Sex Before Preaching" - Otobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by uzolexis(f): 12:15pm On May 07, 2017
villavic:

since you cant say no to this topic, i smell foul play, hide n seek when mumma nit around

Just stating my own opinion, no biggie
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by laplace13: 12:16pm On May 07, 2017
Caricature:
Oga, why did you immediately go to my profile? Was it not to check me out? Abi my profile dey my comment?

Please repent Mr boob finder.

We always check girls out. It's nothing new. We don't pretend about it.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 07, 2017
ayusco85:

The Bible tongue. If u no fit hold body go marry
Bros. Recession no fit make guys reason marriage na. Why buy the cow when the milk is free? tongue

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by RobbStark(m): 12:17pm On May 07, 2017
ITbomb:
As far as I am concern, there is nothing like sex before marriage.
When you have sex, you are in marriage fellowship with that person, like Christ confirmed when he spoke with the woman of Samaritan who already had 5 husband John 4:18.

Also in the case of Isaac Gen 24:67, the Bible explicitly shows that the woman became the wife after he "had brought her into his tent and knew her", not the ceremony.

However, the old testament is particular about having the consent of the parents before the "marriage" act and has outlined various instances where circumstances makes that impossible like a woman captured in war Deut 21:10---.

Outside of that, anybody caught in the act without the consent of neither parents must pay necessary items or be punished Deut 22:28.

In line with scripture , under the dispensation of grace, the sex act, which is the marriage, is only proper when
1. It has the consent of both parents, where the parents are not alive, the elders must perform the affirmation.
2. It is for the purpose of mutual satisfaction and/or procreation.

j
In conclusion, any sex act outside the two conditions above is not right

Pls do not try to deceive the people by quoting jus a verse of the bible.
That passage you quoted Gen 24:67 is the end of the event that took place wen Abrahams servant had.gone to look for a wife for Isaac.
You fail to state that after the servant had followed Rebekah to her parents, there were gifts presented to everyone of her family including her and the eating and drinking took place before they left the next morning.

So tell me, is that not a form of marriage ceremony?

Sex before marriage is not encouraged but if you have then the Grace of God will cover you wen you have come to know Christ Jesus by having a relationship wit him.

Shalom
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by bitcoinvin(m): 12:17pm On May 07, 2017
felixomor:

Yes
It is possible to buy garri and not taste it.

Next

keep decieiving ur self...Na so u go take go marry babe wey don do 10 abortion and she keeps says:Lets waite till we Marry
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Jayuba(m): 12:17pm On May 07, 2017
Will Jesus sleep with a woman before marriage?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Caricature(f): 12:18pm On May 07, 2017
Achillesdam500:

You are really an hypocrite
laplace13:

We always check girls out. It's nothing new. We don't pretend about it.
Make una repent. Ezigbo profile checker
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Wangxiao(m): 12:18pm On May 07, 2017
emmygzy:
my brother you self see those pawpaw.
bros i see em too ooo*i bet Vaseline crew never see her profile pix
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Yuneehk(f): 12:18pm On May 07, 2017
Brio984:
give this man a bottle of origin
I'm a lady smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Nigeriadondie: 12:19pm On May 07, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Here is a clue: many great men of the bible had baby mamas, mistresses and concubines (which they were NOT married to), and they were not viewed as sinners by god (check Abraham, king David, King Solomon etc)...

So it is very simple: so long as the babe is NOT married to another man, it is NOT a sin.
Hahahhaa people wud always want to defend the indefensible. Oloshoism na long bad thing grin
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Didiediamond(f): 12:21pm On May 07, 2017
when u bring up the topic of no sex bfre marriage in dz generation, dey wud want to eat u raw but deep down dey know d truth but want to justify demselves by all means.
God cannot change his standards bcoz of dz generation.

6 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Caricature(f): 12:21pm On May 07, 2017
AHCB:
Aside biblical interference. What's your opinion on sex before marriage?
Not all relationships lead to marriage. Does it make sense to sleep with every girl you date before marriage?

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by dingbang(m): 12:23pm On May 07, 2017
Didiediamond:
when u bring up the topic of no sex bfre marriage in dz generation, dey wud want to eat u raw but deep down dey know d truth but want to justify demselves by all means.
God cannot change his standards bcoz of dz generation.
what is the truth?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by SIRmanjar(m): 12:23pm On May 07, 2017
iceboy4752:
Hmm some Christians and sex xha.
See how they are trying to justify their abominations with 'proofs.'
My man pls ask urself these kwestion
What is marriage?
Who invent marriage, as in how did marriage start?
Was Adam married to eve?
Is marriage Man made or GOD made,as in was it created by God or did it come about true culture?
Who was the first person that got married in the bible,when was marriage first recorded?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Brio984(m): 12:23pm On May 07, 2017
[quote author=Yuneehk post=56289924] I'm a lady smiley[/quote lol Oya give Diz bae Brazilian hair

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by dreezybines: 12:23pm On May 07, 2017
[quote author=nifemi25 post=56244513][/quote]

grin bad guy...
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by talk2bity: 12:24pm On May 07, 2017
There are numerous scriptures that declare sex b4 marriage 2 b sin.Acts 15:20,1corinth5:1,6:13Galatians5:19,Thessalonians4:3,Jude7
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 07, 2017
No sex before marriage.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by mzzhavilah(f): 12:25pm On May 07, 2017
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
Hebrews:13:4

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by bolayei: 12:26pm On May 07, 2017
The only no sex before getting married I know is custom/tradition not religious. Like the yoruba custom the groom brings back the blood stained bed sheet from his just disvirgined bride to her parents as a sign of her being untouched before marriage and this is before Christianity was brought to western Nigeria by the egba man who was Fela kuti's grand father
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 07, 2017
FORNICATION. ITS A SIN, there is nothing complicated here.

see dis ungrateful indomie & supergehetti generations trying to justify bleeping each other b4 a holy union. stop trying to explain or defend something impossible. unless ofcourse you wanna reprint the bible & erased those parts

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 07, 2017
The Bible undeniably condemns adultery and sexual immorality, but is sex before marriage considered sexually immoral?

According to 1 Corinthians 7:2 , “yes” is the clear answer: “But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.” In this verse, Paul states that marriage is the “cure” for sexual immorality.

First Corinthians 7:2 is essentially saying that, because people cannot control themselves and so many are having immoral sex outside of marriage, people should get married. Then they can fulfill their passions in a moral way.

Since 1 Corinthians 7:2 clearly includes sex before marriage in the definition of sexual immorality, all of the Bible verses that condemn sexual immorality as being sinful also condemn sex before marriage as sinful.

Sex before marriage is included in the biblical definition of sexual immorality. There are numerous Scriptures that declare sex before marriage to be a sin (Acts 15:20 ; 1 Corinthians 5:1 ; 6:13 , 18 ; 10:8 ; 2 Corinthians 12:21 ; Galatians 5:19 ;
Ephesians 5:3 ; Colossians 3:5 ; 1 Thessalonians 4:3 ; Jude 7 ). The Bible promotes complete abstinence before marriage.

Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations of which God approves (Hebrews 13:4 ).
Far too often we focus on the “recreation” aspect of sex without recognizing that there is another aspect—procreation. Sex within marriage is pleasurable, and God designed it that way. God wants men and women to enjoy sexual activity within the confines of marriage.

Song of Solomon and several other Bible passages (such as
Proverbs 5:19 ) clearly describe the pleasure of sex. However, the couple must understand that God’s intent for sex includes producing children. Thus, for a couple to engage in sex before marriage is doubly wrong—they are enjoying pleasures not intended for them, and they are taking a chance of creating a human life outside of the family structure God intended for every child.

While practicality does not determine right from wrong, if the Bible's message on sex before marriage were obeyed, there would be far fewer sexually transmitted diseases, far fewer abortions, far fewer unwed mothers and unwanted pregnancies, and far fewer children growing up without both parents in their lives. Abstinence is God’s only policy when it comes to sex before marriage. Abstinence saves lives, protects babies, gives sexual relations the proper value, and, most importantly, honors God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Shortyy(f): 12:30pm On May 07, 2017
villavic:

can you stand by your word than you are not guilty, infact you dont need to ans me, i know its a guilty world
OK judge Joe Brown
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Wangxiao(m): 12:30pm On May 07, 2017
NotOfThis:
No sex before marriage.
for where, evenif you won buy kulikuli for market testing self join oo!!!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Achillesdam500(m): 12:32pm On May 07, 2017
Caricature:
Make una repent. Ezigbo profile checker
Like you didn't 'saw' what I 'seed' shocked shocked tongue grin
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by TechPanda(m): 12:33pm On May 07, 2017
Yuneehk:

So I'm thinking you also taste beans in the market before you buy it

God bless you jareh, you get mouth.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Adasun(m): 12:33pm On May 07, 2017
elbukaze:
God emphasized in his commandment that though should not commit adultery, Sex before marriage is quite different from Adultery, the Bible said and I quote Deutoronomy 22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; 22:29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days. But if they are not found Brother the Bible is not against it
wharr a quoatundecided

so da bible says damsel abi
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Caricature(f): 12:33pm On May 07, 2017
Achillesdam500:

Like you didn't 'saw' what I 'seed' shocked shocked tongue grin
Ok oh. Oga looker tongue
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by davicool: 12:33pm On May 07, 2017
serious issue that require total attention! the religion may frown at it but it is better both of them are aware of their potentialities when it come to sex b4 saying yes I do to avoid future crack or crash. As to me o, man, make sure u taste ur soup to kno u have adequate maggi and salt inside or else.........be warn!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by forandy(m): 12:35pm On May 07, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Here is a clue: many great men of the bible had baby mamas, mistresses and concubines (which they were NOT married to), and they were not viewed as sinners by god (check Abraham, king David, King Solomon etc)...

So it is very simple: so long as the babe is NOT married to another man, it is NOT a sin.

By this analogy, it's safe perhaps to say FORNICATION doesn't have a meaning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship / Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith / Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.