Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,225 members, 7,839,188 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Don't Go Into Marriage With A Single Person's Mindset - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Go Into Marriage With A Single Person's Mindset (400 Views)

Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage / 14 Ways To Enjoy Valentine’s Day As A Single Person - Gistvic / My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Go Into Marriage With A Single Person's Mindset by aboveonly(m): 1:17am On May 09, 2017
Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit [through factional motives, or strife], but with [an attitude of] humility [being neither arrogant nor self-righteous], regard others as more important than yourselves. Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. (Philippians 2:3-4 AMP)

In the world generally, what people care about is what is in it for me? A self-centered fellow is dangerous fellow. Relationships end quickly via the platforms of ego, disrespect, selfishness or disloyalty.

For marriage to succeed the oneness factor MUST prevail. For marriage to be meaningful, the singleness mentality must be completely obliterated from the sub-conscious of the couples.

The Bible points out that marriage is the reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. (Ephesian 5:31)

So if you are not ready to let go the single person’s mindset, then you are not yet ripe or matured for marriage (irrespective of your age.)
Quite unfortunate that many go into marriage with a single person’s mindset and a self-centered mentality. Marriage is really about giving up yourself for your spouse.

A self-absorbed person only can see the faults of others. But, they are often colour blind to their own.
Self-centeredness will do more harm than good to your spouse and ultimately to your marriage. Most of the issues that have led many promising marriages to the realm of divorce can be hinged one being selfish and self-centre. Not considering how your actions and inactions affects your spouse.

That is why marriage is liken to the relationship between the Lord Jesus Christ and the church being the bride. The Lord Jesus Christ gave Himself up sacrificially for the church.

Listen dear friends, true love is selfless; it is prepared to sacrifice without being prompted.

As you contemplate marriage, you must ask yourself quite a number of questions, one of them being, “Am i ready to let go of my single-hood mindset?”

Stay blessed and prosperous in Jesus name.

Your friend,
@aboveonly
courtshipguide@gmail.com
Further Bible Reference: Roman 12:10; Mark 12:13; 1Peter3:8; 2Corithians 8:9; Galatians 5:13

www.courtshipthenmarriage..com

1 Like

Re: Don't Go Into Marriage With A Single Person's Mindset by Nogodye(m): 3:56am On May 09, 2017
Yeah.Single person's mindset in marriage kills the marriage faster.That is why you will hear some people saying "if not to have a child, i love the life i was living as a single fellow" that is why you will some after giving birth they will opt out of the marriage to continue that single life...nice writes up Op

1 Like

Re: Don't Go Into Marriage With A Single Person's Mindset by sirusX(m): 4:32am On May 09, 2017
Sacrifice ain't easy for everyone

When you're used to doing things a certain way or used to a particular norm, someone then comes in and everything seems to change

For some people, it's more about them trying to control every situation in the home and how things are run. It's either their way or no way

Couples do have to meet each other half way, recognising their abilities and faults and knowing how best to complement each other

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Still Cheat Eventhough You Have Husband/wife/future Partner? / Ⅱ. Origin Of LIFE / This Quiz Shows If Your Partner Is Cheating On You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.