Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe (1978 Views)

Joe Igbokwe Raises Alarm over Gully Erosion In His Town(pictures) / 'Nnamdi Kanu, The Playboy Is In Jerusalem Enjoying His Life' - Joe Igbokwe / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by dinana(m): 3:07pm On May 09, 2017
This Joe Igbokwe is a Trouble Maker:

Food for Thought from Joe Igbokwe

"The Yoruba nation I know has been in the opposition even since the inception of Nigeria and yet they are not the worst in Nigeria. After the annulment of the June 12, 1993, presidential elections won by Moshood Abiola, the powers that be tried to console the Yoruba by appointing Ernest Shonekan the head of the interim government. Did Yoruba accept Shonekan? No, they did not. They did not come out on the streets with Gbedu Drums to celebrate Yoruba and Chief Shonekan.

Yoruba proudly told the powers that be that you can only be the Head of State in Nigeria through two methods: either through an election or through a successful coup d’état. In the case of Shonekan, he did not ascend to power through either of the above processes. He was therefore rejected by the Yoruba. Now, if it were the Igbo, would they have reasoned this way? I doubt it. In the struggle for June 12, Abiola was put in detention, and his wife killed. Several Yoruba people were in detention and some hounded abroad. Abiola was eventually killed. But did the Yoruba go to war or resort to self-determination? No, they did not. They fought back using common sense and the power of ideas.

In 1998 when the presidency was zoned to the South-West because the late MKO Abiola has paid the supreme price, the Yoruba preferred Olu Falae but the powers that be forced Obasanjo on Nigeria. Now did the Yoruba accept Obasanjo because he is a Yoruba man? They did not. This unique race rejected Obasanjo for the eight years he was in office, from 1999 to 2007. To date the Yoruba still believe that Obasanjo wasted their eight years. OBJ was rejected even in his own ward, in his local government, and in the whole of the Western Region. That is the Yoruba nation for you. Can the Igbo do this? I doubt it. After the 2003 elections, the PDP stole all the states in the South-West, leaving only Lagos because they were afraid of the trouble Lagosians will give them. The former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, fought back like a wounded lion with his committed associates to reclaim almost all the States in the South-West. He did not stop there; he spread his intimidating political tentacles across Nigeria, forming alliances across building networks and bridges, and the result is what we saw on Saturday, March 28, and April 11, 2015.

Now, can any leader in the South-East achieve this feat? Where is the character? Where is the courage? Where is the wisdom and understanding? Where is the common sense? Where is the discipline? Where is the capacity and capability?"
Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 09, 2017
I pity Igbokwe. He should beg Nnamdi Kanu to rescind the decision banning him from setting foot in Igboland

7 Likes

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by Xway(m): 3:16pm On May 09, 2017
yourexcellency:
I pity Igbokwe. He should beg Nnamdi Kanu to rescind the decision banning him from setting foot in Igboland
The man will be suprise to what he will see whenever he step his foot, in the rising sun.

2 Likes

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by Igboesika: 3:21pm On May 09, 2017
Shameless Joe Igbokwe.
I didn't read this poo from him.

4 Likes

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by ipobarecriminals: 3:22pm On May 09, 2017
JOE IGBOKWE is right,KANU is a FRAUDSTER.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by greenermodels: 3:24pm On May 09, 2017
God bless Biafra,the land of the rising sun.

5 Likes

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by ipobarecriminals: 3:24pm On May 09, 2017
Igboesika:
Shameless KANU.
undecided[ Stop wasting ur time on the renowed FRAUDSTER

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by Gayigaskia(m): 3:25pm On May 09, 2017
Xway:
The man will be suprise to what he will see whenever he step his foot, in the rising sun.
yourexcellency:
When you can't reason you resort to insults and threats

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by greenermodels: 3:29pm On May 09, 2017
dinana:
This Joe Igbokwe is a Trouble Maker:

Food for Thought from Joe Igbokwe

"The Yoruba nation I know has been in the opposition even since the inception of Nigeria and yet they are not the worst in Nigeria. After the annulment of the June 12, 1993, presidential elections won by Moshood Abiola, the powers that be tried to console the Yoruba by appointing Ernest Shonekan the head of the interim government. Did Yoruba accept Shonekan? No, they did not. They did not come out on the streets with Gbedu Drums to celebrate Yoruba and Chief Shonekan.

Yoruba proudly told the powers that be that you can only be the Head of State in Nigeria through two methods: either through an election or through a successful coup d’état. In the case of Shonekan, he did not ascend to power through either of the above processes. He was therefore rejected by the Yoruba. Now, if it were the Igbo, would they have reasoned this way? I doubt it. In the struggle for June 12, Abiola was put in detention, and his wife killed. Several Yoruba people were in detention and some hounded abroad. Abiola was eventually killed. But did the Yoruba go to war or resort to self-determination? No, they did not. They fought back using common sense and the power of ideas.

In 1998 when the presidency was zoned to the South-West because the late MKO Abiola has paid the supreme price, the Yoruba preferred Olu Falae but the powers that be forced Obasanjo on Nigeria. Now did the Yoruba accept Obasanjo because he is a Yoruba man? They did not. This unique race rejected Obasanjo for the eight years he was in office, from 1999 to 2007. To date the Yoruba still believe that Obasanjo wasted their eight years. OBJ was rejected even in his own ward, in his local government, and in the whole of the Western Region. That is the Yoruba nation for you. Can the Igbo do this? I doubt it. After the 2003 elections, the PDP stole all the states in the South-West, leaving only Lagos because they were afraid of the trouble Lagosians will give them. The former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, fought back like a wounded lion with his committed associates to reclaim almost all the States in the South-West. He did not stop there; he spread his intimidating political tentacles across Nigeria, forming alliances across building networks and bridges, and the result is what we saw on Saturday, March 28, and April 11, 2015.

Now, can any leader in the South-East achieve this feat? Where is the character? Where is the courage? Where is the wisdom and understanding? Where is the common sense? Where is the discipline? Where is the capacity and capability?"
am i the only one that doesn't see any visible aim of this write up? the man just ranted without a clear cut objective. ipob should stop responding to this man because he is clearly trying to achieve popularity by ratcheting up to them in the public space.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by Igboesika: 3:37pm On May 09, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
undecided[ Stop sasting ur time on the renowed FRAUDSTER
Are you ok ? Away from my mention if you have nothing reasonable to say. What has Kanu got to do with the topic ? indeed he's your nightmare. I don't even know how you removed that Joe Igbokwe I typed and added Kanu.
Afonjas are mischievous.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by kingzizzy: 3:50pm On May 09, 2017
All this "we have held the presidency before" people.

I wonder if Joe Igbokwe realises that all those who have held the presidency in the past, none are better off than Igbos

2 Likes

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by vedaxcool(m): 4:01pm On May 09, 2017
Cownu is that so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by NaijaMutant(f): 4:05pm On May 09, 2017
Joe Igbokwe Knows that he has been sacrificed as a burnt offering to the gods

The day he steps his feet on Igboland, the gods shall finally be appeased of treachery and betrayal.

4 Likes

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by ipobarecriminals: 4:12pm On May 09, 2017
Xway:
Igbos land is NO MAN's LAND.This is Nig,anyway,I trust BURATAI to release his Snakes
Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by ipobarecriminals: 4:20pm On May 09, 2017
Gayigaskia:

When you can't reason you resort to insults and threats
ofcus,that's their trademarks..hardworking/developing cocaine,kidnapping,killing,fraud,Fake/substandard product etc.
Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by IgbosAreGreat(f): 4:23pm On May 09, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
ofcus,that there trademarks..hardworking/developing cocaine,kidnapping,killing,fraud,Fake/substandard product etc.

U know u guys are rapist, drug lord, skull miners, yahoo yahoo, scamers ,arm robbers

2 Likes

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by IgbosAreGreat(f): 4:24pm On May 09, 2017
Afonjas skull miners we dash u igbokwe

Igbokwe is greater Dan awolowo and all Yoruba's both dead and alive

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by ipobarecriminals: 4:24pm On May 09, 2017
vedaxcool:
Cownu is that so?
He is a TERRORIST.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by IgbosAreGreat(f): 4:26pm On May 09, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
He is a TERRORIST.

Guy go and do ur agbero job or skull mining

Getout

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by ipobarecriminals: 4:28pm On May 09, 2017
IgbosAreGreat:

Guy go and do ur agbero job or skull mining

Getout
IPOBARECRIMINALS........ JOE IGBOKWE and u TERRORIST want to kill him for saying the truth
Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by ipobarecriminals: 4:30pm On May 09, 2017
Cc Ipobexposed

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by IgbosAreGreat(f): 4:31pm On May 09, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
IPOBARECRIMINALS........ JOE IGBOKWE and u TERRORIST want to kill him for saying the truth

Make sure u use all afonja abakuku for ritual

Low life people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by ipobarecriminals: 4:38pm On May 09, 2017
grin wink wink cheesy grin
IgbosAreGreat:

Make sure u use all afonja abakuku for ritual

Low life people
o ye fraudster,remof dat "F'',be honest with urself. grin if anything happen to JOE IGBOKWE,the true son of Igboland,I trust Buratai snakes to do the needful. Slaves
Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 09, 2017
Below is copied. I have not verified. But it tells of Joe Igbokwe's back ground.

When i heard about one Igbokwe writing articles that condemns anything from the Igbo tribe, i quickly made a check up on his background. I was shocked to find out that Joe Igbokwe is the junior brother of Ejiamatu Igbokwe from Nnewi.

Anyone that is well informed during the then Bakassi militia will not forget the name Eddy na nogu, he was a herbalist that worked with criminals, soaked in diabolical welfare and walfare, he was linked to the igbokwes and was on Bakassi most wanted list though Eddy was later captured and rest was history. In those era, the igbokwes led by their elder brother Ejiamatu was in control of large number of arm robbers operating in Nkwo nnewi, rumours about Ejiamatu operation gang then was how they attack houses and rob at will, they also control police men stationed in Nnewi , wonder why the Nnewians accepted bakassi with open arms.

The Igbokwes family ran away from their hometown and though Ejiamatu returned after the end of bakassi movement in 2006 but his brother Joseph became an enemy to anything called igbo.

He married a yorouba wife, took position with Lagos state as General Manager of LASIMRA and was later appointed as the Chairman of Wharf Landing Fee Collecting Authority. All he does now is to write articles that would spike violence against the igbos and other tribe.

The evil his family perpetrated in Nnewi has not been forgotten, we remember and we keep note, a person like him if it was to be in the olden days he would have been banished and term an efulefu or osu.

The wealth, ill gotten from bloodshed is what he used to buy his name into Nigeria politics , money gotten through arm robbery and thuggery. His family is the most hated and irrelevant in Nnewi and wonder why he doesn’t find it hard to condemn anything that looks like or sound igbo.

His brother Ejiamtu was linked to a bomb that exploded in nkwo Nnewi after he was challenged by Nkwo Nnewi officials for construction of illegal properties in Nkwo Market. His brother was also challenged when he wanted to form alpha citizen inorder to use thugs to collect money from traders and parks.

We Nnewians Rejected the Igbokes family because the evil they perpetrated on our land is till glaring on our faces till date and i want to summons every igbo born not to forget that the Igbokwes were once most wanted for robbery and bloodshed in igbo land and to be aware that another sheep with a lions face is now on rampage.

Onye nwere nti ya nuru.

....Copied

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by Lloydfather(m): 5:31pm On May 09, 2017
Some of this foolish people parading them selves as our leaders are empty brain. What is this foolish man saying? Comparing courage with weakness. Joe or what is ur name I now know truly that u prefare been slave than freedom. Elede Igbo (bush pig).
Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by ndcide(m): 5:48pm On May 09, 2017
Obj was never rejected. Unless he's talking about the people from AD. Which is for political reasons.

The PDP leaders in the south west never rejected OBJ.

When people like this twist history to suit their funny objectives, you can't help but laugh.

Why did we not have a yoruba president after OBJ since he was rejected.

So because Osinbajo is VP, yoruba people are no longer in opposition.

Laughable.

2 Likes

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by BossKratos: 6:02pm On May 09, 2017
yourexcellency:

Xway:

Too much noise and too little action!

Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by deedeedee1: 6:13pm On May 09, 2017
What does the writer hope to achieve with this stupid article?
Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by deedeedee1: 6:14pm On May 09, 2017
What does the writer hope to achieve with this stupid article? What benefit will this dumb article bring?
Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by nku5: 7:04pm On May 09, 2017
Joe Igbokwe and common sense cant be called in the same sentence.

So to maintain relevance with Tinubu he has to again display his dishonesty and ignorance.

The yoruba nation did not support Obasanjo in 1999 but despite all his rascality the yoruba politial elite supported him fully in 2003. Heck the daughter of the then yoruba leader Abraham Adesanya even served as minister in his cabinet.

Joe Igbokwe doesnt even have the shame to admit that the yoruba race in a show of support for Obasanjo did not field a candidate to challenge him in 2003. When Arthur Nzeribe tried to get the National Assembly to impeach Obj didnt SW governors declare him persona non grata in Yoruba land.

This Joe Igbokwe is a bigger ass kisser and mumu than I thought
Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by otil1: 7:46pm On May 09, 2017
Joe Igbos we singing for his masters since 200BC.

a slave is a slave bro.

That's the way to his daily bread.

We understand Sir Igbokwe. Belive me, we do
Re: Food For Thought From Joe Igbokwe by otil1: 7:47pm On May 09, 2017
Joe Igbokwe singing for his masters since 200BC.

a slave is a slave bro.

That's the way to his daily bread.

We understand Sir Igbokwe. Belive me, we do

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG / Passionate Appeal To All IPOB Members To Stop The Confrontation / Nnamdi Kanu's Brother Lists Items Allegedly Stolen From His Room After Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.