Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Woman Brutalized And Robbed By Man She Met On Instagram - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman Brutalized And Robbed By Man She Met On Instagram (634 Views)

Lady Set To Marry Ikoyi ‘Big Boy’ Who She Met Over Her Stolen Jewelry. Photos / Lady Was Disappointed By A Cute Guy She Met At A Bank Who Had Mouth Odour / White Lady Sends iPhone & Apple MacBook To A Nigerian Guy She Met On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Brutalized And Robbed By Man She Met On Instagram by winkmart: 8:54am On May 10, 2017
A 32-year-old woman, India Ali, who was assaulted during a date with a man she met on Instagram last summer has shared her terrifying tale, hoping it will be a lesson to others.

She says she met James Baker through social media and eventually felt comfortable enough to set up a date with him last July.

“He didn’t really look like a creep from his pictures. He looked like he had it going on,” Ali said.

The two decided to go out for a night on the town. Baker posted several videos on Instagram of the two out drinking at a restaurant and enjoying themselves.

Ali said she doesn’t remember leaving the restaurant with Baker or their ride back to the area around Los Angeles International Airport, but Baker posted videos of those events as well.

The two ended up in Baker’s hotel room at the Westin hotel near LAX. When Ali woke up the next morning, something was wrong.

“It was horrible. I woke up. I lifted my head up. I was lying in a puddle of throw up. So I look around and I see blood everywhere and my clothes everywhere,” Ali said.

Ali then saw her reflection in a mirror and could see how badly she had been beaten.

“Oh my God. I can’t believe that happened. What if they come back and kill me?” Ali thought.

She realized her cellphone and car keys were gone, so she used the hotel phone to call 911.
Surveillance video from the Westin also showed Baker leaving the hotel in Ali’s car at about 2 a.m.
Investigators later found Baker had prior out-of-state convictions and was on bail for allegedly using fake credit cards, Berger said.
Ali is hoping her story will remind others to be cautious about who they meet online.

I wouldn’t want anybody to go and meet up with anybody that they don’t know. Please don’t ever do that … You have to value your life,” Ali said.

Baker, who has been found guilty of assaulting Ali, had his sentencing postponed earlier this month.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-t_Hh7w0qjWA/WRLDTxuz86I/AAAAAAADnWE/Fi9_myzqQ5kocF0RrSjUv3XrbnU8VQwgQCLcB/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/05/woman-brutalized-and-robbed-by-man-she.html

lalasticlala
Re: Woman Brutalized And Robbed By Man She Met On Instagram by TrapHedges(m): 8:56am On May 10, 2017
Work
Re: Woman Brutalized And Robbed By Man She Met On Instagram by Nobody: 8:57am On May 10, 2017
And they gonna come here & tell us it all ends in marriage. Haaaaa!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Brutalized And Robbed By Man She Met On Instagram by Smellymouth: 9:03am On May 10, 2017
All these stupid criminals just dey spoil work for us.. I ve been trying to get Titi to pay me a visit for the past two months. She don finally agree. I hope she nor go read this thing then change her mind again..

3 Likes

Re: Woman Brutalized And Robbed By Man She Met On Instagram by demiladegold(f): 9:04am On May 10, 2017
Smellymouth:
All these stupid criminals just dey spoil work for us.. I ve been trying to get Titi to pay me a visit for the past two months. She don finally agree. I hope she nor go read this thing then change her mind again..

:owehdone sa
Re: Woman Brutalized And Robbed By Man She Met On Instagram by Smellymouth: 9:11am On May 10, 2017
demiladegold:

:owehdone sa

Lade of laive!!! Ba WO?
Re: Woman Brutalized And Robbed By Man She Met On Instagram by HumanistMike(m): 9:21am On May 10, 2017
Did you bother to find the backstory?

I did.

She went to the hotel with him to tidy.

They tidied (that's why there are no rape charges).

She told him to pay her $500. He said no! $150? No!

He went on to say her P wasn't worth $100 even.

So he went to sleep.

While he was sleeping, she cracked him in the head with a wine bottle. He woke up and hit her back albeit excessively.

When he saw how bad she was, he called the cops and they both went to the hospital. He had to be stitched too. All the blood samples gotten from the bed were his. That's why the police dismissed all but 1 charge.

Some women just ain't shit!

I have a feeling this back story is similar to what happens in these celeb marriage cases. The woman will come up with a pic of the injuries and tailor the narrative to make her seem faultless. What's worse is that people won't ask questions. They'll just allow the lie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Brutalized And Robbed By Man She Met On Instagram by buzquet(m): 9:32am On May 10, 2017
Many mentally unstable people around. We all need how to sense danger.

Be safe
Re: Woman Brutalized And Robbed By Man She Met On Instagram by Chuknovski(m): 9:49am On May 10, 2017
sorry poor innocent girl

(1) (Reply)

Adorable Couple Ties The Knot On Mount Everest / She Badt Mehn: I Dont Know If I Shuld Call This Epic Or Just Pure Savage / Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.