Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship (14794 Views)

She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Father Saved Her From An Abusive Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by eluquenson(m): 11:04am On May 11, 2017
Quitting is the best to avoid loss of life
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 11:06am On May 11, 2017
R/ship is meant to b enjoyed and not to b endured

To either sex,,,,Abeg,,,Run 4 ur dear life
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Ceede: 11:06am On May 11, 2017
Train a child the way he/ she should go that was then but now train an adult the way of life since she refuse to lean from adversity his/her down well deserve to be punish. Lo
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by JuneOctober(f): 11:06am On May 11, 2017
Why making it targeted at a particular gender? Men also suffer abuse as well cos all I can see there is "women women women"... It should be general, I.e addressed to both male and females.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by olowobaba10: 11:07am On May 11, 2017
HAVEN'T YOU HEARD OF WOMEN WHO ABUSE THEIR HUBBIES PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY AND HAVE EVEN KILLED THEIR HUSBANDS OR WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE ?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by SafeDavid(m): 11:07am On May 11, 2017
I've been in a chat fight and trust me the lady wore me out..Not all men have the strength to even abuse a woman.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by mickeymimi: 11:07am On May 11, 2017
https://www.facebook.com/AdeolaFayehun/videos/1738759509473991/

quitting is the best.......otherwise ajekun iya nio je

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by ednut1(m): 11:08am On May 11, 2017
Must u be inna relationship self
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by babyfaceafrica: 11:08am On May 11, 2017
This op is obviously biased

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by yankison(m): 11:09am On May 11, 2017
I don't support this Abuse but to me i think the Victims of Battery are Mostly the cause of them been Battered

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Boldtrust(m): 11:09am On May 11, 2017
This write up is a total crap. The op is so narrow minded that she believes anything abusive is masculine. Men get more abused than women. Yes I mean it. The likes of you are just too blind to see it.

Unfortunately, this nonesense got moved to the front page.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nofuckgiven: 11:10am On May 11, 2017
You mean dependent men and women? Because I don't see any reason someone who is financially ,psychologically,emotionally and all what not independent of another would stick to an abusive relationship! undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by omooba969(m): 11:12am On May 11, 2017
solasoulmusic:
The best advice I'll give is you were sombody before you meant you will always be somebody even after train up your children to do what's right if they are witnesses teach them otherwise stop the cycle not just the abuse

What men calling nagging can be the Holy Spirit warning you through your spouse unfortunately when it's too late you always say we should have listened

Do you smoke?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 11:13am On May 11, 2017
jhudit:

And I am telling you there is no "feminine aspect". You committed same offence as OP!
All forms of abuse should be kicked against, not making it look like only one gender is guilty.

Don't quote me again...

Just pi..ss off!!
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by beautiful232(f): 11:14am On May 11, 2017
thank GOD I left him..
the trust is,most of us forgive and stay back hoping he will change?
a woman beater doesn't change a cheat can even try to but any man that beat you in every little thing Will kill you one day

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by omooba969(m): 11:16am On May 11, 2017
Boldtrust:
This write up is a total crap. The op is so narrow minded that she believes anything abusive is masculine. Men get more abused than women. Yes I mean it. The likes of you are just too blind to see it.

It takes a lot for a man to cry out, we hardly come out.

We bottle up a lot, tears dripping behind the designer sunglasses. cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by deliveryboy: 11:16am On May 11, 2017
I have seen so many abusive relationships/marriages where the victim is the man, I mean so many. It is usually okay if the man remains inside and dies of heartbreak. Abusive relationship should not be hijacked by a group of people (so called feminists). It weakens the argument when people try to see abuse from the point of view of the woman being the victim. Also it has become a tool for which many bad women win legal arguments, just say the magic word "abuse" and every of her sins are erased, women have used it to blackmail and bring men down when they are no longer into such men emotionally and I think it would soon be over-used and the word 'abuse' itself will be abused by Nigerian women. Already researchers in the US are beginning to understand that Nigerian women specifically provoke their men into hitting them e.g. by bringing their boyfriends to their matrimonial homes so they can have a no-argument case when they want to claim all the man has worked for in the US. The world must know that men can also be victims of domestic abuse, the world must also recognize that certain women use the word as tool to blackmail and destroy their men, lastly, the world must understand that the word abuse would soon be abused and it would not be taken seriously after some time.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by funkycutie(f): 11:18am On May 11, 2017
if u don not want to quit an abusive relationship cos of money.....Na the money go bury u grin
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:23am On May 11, 2017
Opinionated:
It is absolutely unacceptable for a man/woman to batter a woman/man black and blue. It is simply cowardice. Despite the domestic violence, some people will not speak out nor will they quit the relationship. They endure. They report to their religious leaders and family members who usually encourage them to stay. This is wrong. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares reasons why you should never stay in an abusive relationship,

He will kill you one day

There have been many stories were husbands have beaten their wives to the extent that they died. That is extreme. You do not want to be in that situation. Your children need you alive to take care of them. So, if you have made effort and waited for him to change and he refuses, just quit.

You will escape emotional torment

Many women/men are being beaten by their husbands/wives but they cover it with makeup or staying outside for long. They laugh and they smile but the emotional torment they are going through is unbearable. Do not wait until you break down before you run away. In fact, the only time they are happy is when they leave home.

You cannot fix him/her

If you stay thinking he/she is going to change, you are absolutely wrong. He/She is not going to change even if you pray from today till tomorrow. You cannot fix him/her. If it means leaving home to temporarily lodge in a Lagos hotel, you should.

It is good for your sanity and wellbeing

If you are going through domestic violence and you keep quiet. it will definitely affect your mental health and general wellbeing. You will be very worried and scared of your husband. It will become a cat and mouse relationship. Save yourself from that stress.

You will be safe

You and your children will be safe if you leave an abusive relationship. You owe them that responsibility.

Source: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Fixed. Not only women do go through physical/emotional abuse in a marriage.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by deliveryboy: 11:24am On May 11, 2017
solasoulmusic:
The best advice I'll give is you were sombody before you meant you will always be somebody even after train up your children to do what's right if they are witnesses teach them otherwise stop the cycle not just the abuse

What men calling nagging can be the Holy Spirit warning you through your spouse unfortunately when it's too late you always say we should have listened

What women call abuse can be Holy Spirit trying to reset her brain to original settings but they would quickly call it abuse.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:26am On May 11, 2017
deliveryboy:
I have seen so many abusive relationships/marriages where the victim is the man, I mean so many. It is usually okay if the man remains inside and died of heartbreak. Abusive relationship should not be hijacked by a group of people (so called feminists). It weakens the argument when people try to see abuse from the point of view of the woman being the victim. Also it has become a tool for which many bad women win legal arguments, just say the magic word abuse and every of her sins are erased, women have used it to blackmail and bring men down when they are no longer into such men emotionally and I think it would soon be over used and the word abuse itself will be abused by Nigerian women. Already researchers in the US are beginning to understand that Nigerian women specifically provoke their men into hitting them e.g. by bringing their boyfriends to the matrimonial homes so they can have a no argument case when they want to claim all the man has worked for in the US. The world must know that men can also be victims of domestic abuse, the world must also recognize that certain women use the word as tool to blackmail and destroy their men, lastly the world must understand that the word abuse would soon be abused and it would not be taken seriously after some time.
You are right man. I could remember one of my cousin's neighbour back then that do beat her husband. She will even tell him, if you do nonsense, I will beat out of you.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by jwart(m): 11:27am On May 11, 2017
When the husband of the woman you want to snatch batter her

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by omooba969(m): 11:32am On May 11, 2017
beautiful232:
thank GOD I left him..

the trust is,most of us forgive and stay back hoping he will change?

a woman beater doesn't change
a cheat can even try to
but any man that beat you in every little thing
Will kill you one day

I strongly oppose domestic violence but it's a pity that the society is quick to ride on emotions when the woman is being hit. One thing leads to another as it takes two for there to be quarrel /violence.

Bias will not help matters but for both the man & woman to demonstrate maturity, be more responsible & even take responsibility for their actions.

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by ImaIma1(f): 11:33am On May 11, 2017
It is true that we also have abusive women in relationships who are even physically abusive aside from emotionally abusive. And the poster should have acknowledged it in the write up.

But how many men have been reported dead as a result of domestic violence?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by stuffs4me(m): 11:36am On May 11, 2017
Opinionated:
It is absolutely unacceptable for a man to batter a woman black and blue. It is simply cowardice. Despite the domestic violence, some people will not speak out nor will they quit the relationship. They endure. They report to their religious leaders and family members who usually encourage them to stay. This is wrong. They are not the ones who gets rape when he is drunk or who gets beaten every night when he is angry. This is same with your boyfriend. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares reasons why you should never stay in an abusive relationship,

He will kill you one day

There have been many stories were husbands have beaten their wives to the extent that they died. That is extreme. You do not want to be in that situation. Your children need you alive to take care of them. So, if you have made effort and waited for him to change and he refuses, just quit.

You will escape emotional torment

Many women are being beaten by their husbands but they cover it with makeup. They laugh and they smile but the emotional torment they are going through is unbearable. Do not wait until you break down before you run away. In fact, the only time they are happy is when they leave home.

You cannot fix him

If you stay thinking he is going to change, you are absolutely wrong. He is not going to change even if you pray from today till tomorrow. You cannot fix him. If it means leaving home to temporarily lodge in a Lagos hotel, you should.

It is good for your sanity and wellbeing

If you are going through domestic violence and you keep quiet. it will definitely affect your mental health and general wellbeing. You will be very worried and scared of your husband. It will become a cat and mouse relationship. Save yourself from that stress.

You will be safe

You and your children will be safe if you leave an abusive relationship. You owe them that responsibility.

Source: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

This OP is a mumu cow. So all abusive relations are male aggressors.

What can this st00pid OP say about the following real life stories.

1) Lady Stabs Her Boyfriend To Death In Opobo, Rivers State
https://www.nairaland.com/3792216/lady-stabs-boyfriend-death-opobo

2) More than 40% of domestic violence victims are male, report reveals
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2010/sep/05/men-victims-domestic-violence

3) Domestic violence against men soars to record levels as number of cases treble in past decade
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1802863/domestic-violence-against-men-soars-to-record-levels-as-number-of-cases-treble-in-past-decade/

4) Domestic violence against men: Know the signs
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/in-depth/domestic-violence-against-men/art-20045149

5) 11 facts everyone should know about domestic violence against men
https://www.domesticshelters.org/domestic-violence-articles-information/men-can-be-abused-too#.WRRQCTe1tO0

6) Domestic Violence Against Men In Colorado
http://www.dvmen.org/

7) Domestic abuse against men: Know the signs
http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/08/domestic-abuse-against-men-know-the-signs-5931125/

8 ) etc
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by ImaIma1(f): 11:36am On May 11, 2017
Boldtrust:

So much whinning from men.
Men seem to be dominating NL

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 11:39am On May 11, 2017
deliveryboy:

What women call abuse can be Holy Spirit trying to reset her brain to original settings but they would quickly call it abuse.

Na lie na man trying to show ultimate power by the time God match you with Yokozuna you go learn
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 11:40am On May 11, 2017
omooba969:

Do you smoke?

Yes
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by joenor(m): 11:46am On May 11, 2017
To me before going into any relationship, you should know what you really want, and if you finally seen it, then go for it. But if you are in it and you notice what you don't like and you make your partner know you really don't like this and he or she continue in doing it, then know, even if you two both tie the knot you will still have that fight over what you don't like. I won't advice a man to lay his hand on his woman no matter what, walk out of the house, if possible stay out for some day so get your head free. I really don't want to talk much as I'm not a love terrorist.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by seenga(m): 12:02pm On May 11, 2017
lol, this is quite funny
PapiSmith:

Guys are meant to be abused in a relationship? Dude you have a brain in that skull or chicken feathers?

Infact

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by 4C2215131: 12:03pm On May 11, 2017
PapiSmith:
Why are you being sexist?

Only ladies get abused in a relationship Uh?

So you have never seen instances of an abusive lady? Can't you just do your research before typing bullshìt?

This is just a shitty write up...

Someone bring me a lighter undecided

Obviously an advertising gimmicks (Jumia travel) and Mods fell for it...or did they?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

###EUROSONIC DISTRIBUTOR: Home Appliances/Kitchen Utensils @ Wholesale Prices / Fathers Day: Say A Wish To A Father / The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.