Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash (36146 Views)

Bimbo Odukoya's Daughter, Tolu 30th Birthday Marked In Grand Style (photos) / Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? / My Pastor 'Saw Pastor Bimbo Odukoya In Hell'! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by queen2(f): 12:57am On Dec 12, 2005
Where shld i begin?
She lived a life full of honest.
Dreams that only she could accomplish.
You were born on 12th of September 1960, and
On December 12th 2005 all her dreams were ripped away.
We don't know why and never will I'm sure.
Nobody knows why dreams are ripped apart, cry
or why God takes anyone away.

This is still unbelievable, God  plzzzzzzzz *cries* Whats happening? cry
God looked down on your body,
From a life that was overwhelming you,
And wanted you back.
So he took away the air you breathe,
And gave you what was best,
A place to be at peace,
A final place to rest. oh nooooooooooo cry

Saying goodbye is never easy
It's the hardest thing to do
But what hurts even more
Is not the chance to say it to you.

God looked around his Garden and found an empty place.
He then looked down upon his earth and saw your loving face.

He put his arms around you and lifted you to rest.
His Garden must be beautiful,
Remember that your
loss is shared
by many who care
and that you're in our
thoughts and hearts.
We love you, but God loves you more
May your soul rest in perfect peace AMEN!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

http://www.singleandmarried.org/
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by lincolnUS(m): 1:32am On Dec 12, 2005
I find if difficult to belive that Pastor Bimbo Odukoya is gone.Is that how people die in our country?yesterday "iya iyabo" today favourite pastor,who knows whose turn it will be tomorrow,may God continue to keep that nation called NIGERIA
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by hotangel2(f): 1:50am On Dec 12, 2005
If this is not true.. I'll kill whoever just made me cry.

She can't die just like that! God why Ohh no, she didn't die. Awww...come on, she can't just go like that. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by pharrod(m): 2:31am On Dec 12, 2005
oh, i read that she was involve in the plane crash .i couldn't believe it,what a painful lost.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by lauryn(f): 2:43am On Dec 12, 2005
May they all rest in peace.  This is so bizarre.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by omogenikky(f): 3:08am On Dec 12, 2005
Don"t mean to break the mourning,,,,,,,,, why is it that so many people died and there is more focus or sympathy on some pastor's wife, what exactly is so special about her life, the rest of the victims are just as humane as she is. If she wasn't married to the founder of some church i don't think anyone would recognize her loss. MAY THEY ALL REST IN PEACE
This is so bizzare.

Lauryn, why couldn't u just take a few minutes to find out about this person everyone is mourning before you decided to shoot your mouth. She touched the lives of uncountable people both of her religion and others. Yes, other people died in the crash and we all feel bad but Pastor Bimbo's death invokes personal grief in several people. Its a normal thing in life.........when a real great man dies, we all mourn.
"The heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes".....Shakespeare (Julius Caesar)

I love Pastor Bimbo for her integrity and the hope she inspired in thousands of young Nigerians. May God bless her family and the families of everyone affected by this ghastly incidence. Amen.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by Bishop4u(m): 3:43am On Dec 12, 2005
I have no doubt, strange things do happen in Nigeria everyday because I remember my friend told me the death of Her Excellency Late Mrs. Stella Baba, I argued with him but later discovered it was true.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by apogee: 5:08am On Dec 12, 2005
nigeria is doomed this year,this is terrible. very disheartenning.who`s going to be next.in the first crash , we watched, listened, read and bewailed the victims...never expecting it to happen again. Alas!!! it has occurred again...among those of us that were troubled in spirit at the fisrt disaster angry sad cry cry cry cry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by Shadiat(f): 6:17am On Dec 12, 2005
I GOT THIS SAD NEWS THIS MORNING..THAT THE LADY WITH THE GOLD HEART..INSPIRATION..GOD FEARING LADY THEY CALL PASTOR ABIMBOLA ODUKOYA DIED...SINCE LAST NIGHT I WAS PRAYING TO HEAR THAT SHE PULL THRU SINCE THEY RUSHED HER TO THE HOSPITAL..UNTIL THIS MORNING..KAII--I WAS SHOOKED--CHILLS RUNNING DOWN MY BODY--I DIDN'T KNOW IF I SHOULD CRY OR WHAT..BUT THEN I THOUGHT WHO AM I TO QUESTION GOD...BUT WHAT HURT ME MOST IS THE WAY SHE AND THE OTHA PASSANGER DIED--WHAT IS SO bleeped UP IS THAT IT HAD TO HAPPEN BEFORE XMAS..BUT GOD KNOWS BEST..PASTOR BIMBO LEFT A LEGACY AND MAY HER LEGACY CONTINUE AND MAY GOD ACCEPT HER AND THE OTHA PASSANGER WITH OPEN ARMS AND COMFORT THE DEPARTED FAMILIES...THO WE ARE GOING GRIEF AND ALL...BUT WE SHOULD REMEMBER TO THANK GOD ON THEIR LIFE AND TALK ABOUT ALL THE GOOD THINGS THEY HAVE DONE....

*MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BE WITH US AS THIS YR IS COMING TO AN END, MAY IT NOT TAKE ANY OF US WITH IT...AND WE ALL NEED TO BE STEADFAST IN PRAYER*...WITH ALL THE SHIT GOING ON IN THIS WORLD..PRAYER IS DEFINITELY NEEDED*

PASTOR BIMBO ODUKOYA--U WILL BE FOREVA MISSED!!! R.I.P
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by laolu: 7:34am On Dec 12, 2005
My eyes are filled with tears as I write this. Although I am thousands of miles from Nigeria, I can never forget Pastor Bimbo. She came to preach at OAU a few years ago, the year I was a Jambite. She blessed my life very much. I listened to her tv shows regularly and swore that should I ever settle down in Lagos, I would attend her church. May her gentle soul rest in peace in God's bosom.

The question is if she can go like this, who can't? Lord have mercy.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by gentleone(f): 7:59am On Dec 12, 2005
it is with a heavy heart that i write this morning......
so many souls are gone again in a plane crash..........
God why? cry cry cry
oh Lord pls have mercy! cry cry cry
my heart goes out to every family that lost someone, i grieve with them cry cry cry
i particularly grieve with the family of pastor bimbor and the entire fountain of life church as well.words are not just enough to say how i feel.
just yesterday, i was watching the christmas carol they had in church where she sang with every member of her family cry cry cry
i know she is resting in your bosom right now Lord,but its sooo painful!
we can't question You Lord, we will miss her cry cry cry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by otokx(m): 8:34am On Dec 12, 2005
first of all i want to condemn the attitude of nigerians that God gives and he takes back. This is a very wicked deception to explain away our gross inefficiency as a people.

Facts have now emerged on what transpired with regards to the ill fated sosoliso flight 01145 to port harcourt.

The plane was old and had experienced difficulty in landing at the Abuja Airport on its immediate previous flight. A passenger on that flight confirmed in a national interview relayed on NTA Newsline, that they had to hover round the entire city of Abuja at Low altitude for a very long time before they were able to land.

There was no bad weather in the airport, neither did lightning strike the aircraft contrary to initial reports. Video footage of the debris reveals that the plane hit the ground while trying to land and broke into two thereafter a fire developed which burned all the passenger except one very sharp naija man who jumped out of the plane as soon as it broke into two. He is the only one with the hope of surviving as he sustained fracture but without burns. The other two in critical condition sustained serious burns and will only survive by the divine intervention of the almighty.

The fire fighters at the airport who arrived the scene almost immediately after the crash had no water. The distance from the airport to the main town is far hence the inability of the fire fighters of such multinationals as Royal dutch shell, Mobil and others to respond immediately to the distress call of the airport. By the time they got to the scene the damage had been done.

I want to suggest that the management of sosoliso be arrested by the EFCC and prosecuted for crimes against humanity for using a bad plane to carry our citizens.

I also will advice anybody coming to nigeria not to enter any of our domestic airplanes until such a time in the future when foreign people establish local airlines as we are in the habit of cutting corners. Please use land transport to your destinations in the day time and utilize our financial institutions like banks to transfer your foreign currencies.

I am so sad that because this whole thing could have been averted by using a good plane, grounding the plane in abuja on realization that it was no longer fit for use or by having water in our fire fighters.

O MY GOD, what a waste of our future, what a tragedy.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by queen2(f): 9:16am On Dec 12, 2005
omogenikky:

Lauryn, why couldn't u just take a few minutes to find out about this person everyone is mourning before you decided to shoot your mouth. She touched the lives of uncountable people both of her religion and others. Yes, other people died in the crash and we all feel bad but Pastor Bimbo's death invokes personal grief in several people. Its a normal thing in life.........when a real great man dies, we all mourn.
"The heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes".....Shakespeare (Julius Caesar)

I love Pastor Bimbo for her integrity and the hope she inspired in
thousands of young Nigerians. May God bless her family and the families
of everyone affected by this ghastly incidence. Amen.

Exactly, she's too good to just die like that, its really painful, I so much love her........ cry cry cry cry cry
May her soul rest in perfect peace. AMEN!!!
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by lioness(f): 10:00am On Dec 12, 2005
Am just speechless. This is beyond any imagination or human comprehension. I have just been quiet in my spirit since saturday. I dont know what to say.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by snazzydawn(f): 10:01am On Dec 12, 2005
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by nicetohave(m): 10:31am On Dec 12, 2005
A beauty in Nigeria is slain upon thy high places;
how are the mighty fallen!
Tell it not abroad, publish it not in the streets;
lest the daughters of the uncircumcised in heart triumph.
Ye mountains of Port Harcourt
Let there be no dew, neither let there be rain,
upon you,
nor fields of offerings:
for there the shield of the mighty is vilely cast away,
the shield of our beloved Bimbo Odukoya,
as though she had not been annointed with oil.
I am distressed for thee, my sister Bimbo:
very pleasant hast thou been unto me:
thy love to me was wonderful,
when i struggled with habits in my body of sin
thy annointed words had helped to soothe me
and helped me find my way
and to know the heart and mind of God in it
How are the mighty fallen,
and the weapons of warfare perished!
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by nicetohave(m): 10:36am On Dec 12, 2005
Rest on gently Bimbo....in the bossom of our Lord, you have traveled the path and ran the race gallantly...now you must join the cloud of witnesses urging us all (including on nairaland) to run the race that is set before us with discipline, perseverance, and the fear of God...rest on gently our sister in the bossom of our Lord, till we meet never to part no more cry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by lioness(f): 10:40am On Dec 12, 2005
This lioness is sooooo sad cry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by layi(m): 10:43am On Dec 12, 2005
Her husband sensed something would happened and tried her line several times to make her call of the trip (but network wahala nor gree).
Now it has happened.
Adieu Pastor Bimbo. I'll never forget your messages. Thank You a million times

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by reality(m): 10:46am On Dec 12, 2005
Yes she was among. What a sad news.

Prayer For Hope

God, we have not lost faith in you.
We suffered a great tragedy
in the Nigeria on Sunday, December 11, 2005,
a crime against all humanity,
and we know that this attack
could never have been
wrought by your loving hand.
And we are saddened that such
hate and anger lives in
the hearts of men.
Now, more than ever,
we depend on your wisdom,
and we hope for peace to rain.
We look to you for guidance
during this difficult time,
and ask that you ease
the suffering of every soul
that was touched
by the tragedy.
Please continue to give
us the strength and tenacity
to get through this distaster
Send your angels to calm
and comfort those
who lost someone they love,
and keep those who perished
safe in your keeping.
Reserve a special place in heaven
for every heroic soul
who lost their life
while trying to save others,
and send your love and healing power
to every person who was wounded.
But most of all, God,
keep the spark of hope
for better days to come
alive in every heart.

Amen.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by mamba(m): 11:04am On Dec 12, 2005
layi:

Her husband sensed something would happened and tried her line several times to make her call of the trip (but network wahala nor gree).
Now it has happened.
Plz, which network was it?
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by nicetohave(m): 11:05am On Dec 12, 2005
To all the families of the ones involved in the recent sosoliso and the past bellview air mishap...i join you in your mourning, my heart is heavy beyond words, yet i would not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are departed, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope...i have no words neither do i know what to do to make your grief better, as the yoruba adage goes "how do you console someone whose mother was eaten up by the tiger? will you say so also was yours eaten up?"...only the Almighty, the all knowing, all able and all comforting God knows and will pour the oil of gladness to soothe your sorrow...but also if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Sleep on peacefully my departed fellow Nigerians.

(I am proud to be a Nigerian...even in the midst of these tragedies...we sought economic refuge outside...indeed...but i miss home oh sooo much  cry )
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by goodguy(m): 11:07am On Dec 12, 2005
The G.O of MFM boarded the same plane to Abuja but sensed something was wrong with the plane (he wasn't so sure).
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by kenflavor(m): 11:21am On Dec 12, 2005
12:00Noon yesterday afternoon when I posted a topic on the plane crash, I saw Pastor Bimbo's name as Odukoya B. immediatelly after then, I started praying, hoping and rejected it in Jesus name that it shouldn't be Pastor Bimbo, unfortunately after calling some few friends in Port I was told she was the one.

Oooooohhh, I got tired and I wept cry cry cry.

Her messages really contributed a lot to my life. Pastor Bimbo, Nigerian Youths will miss you a great deal, u were a rare gem, a woman of substance, a woman that lived all her lives touching other peoples' lives. God u know it all, u giveth and taketh, who am I to question you, please and please let her soul rest in perfect peace, AMEN

Adieu Pastor Bimbo Odukoya cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by lioness(f): 11:35am On Dec 12, 2005
Life is a mistery & this world, an irony cry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by Esooluwa(f): 11:41am On Dec 12, 2005
May the good Lord give the families of the departed the fortitude to bear this irreplaceable loss and grant the departed souls eternal rest.   cry

My people let everybody starts to take stock. He’s coming is like a thief in the night. God bless us
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by hipcaramel(f): 11:46am On Dec 12, 2005
it's really tragic and sad. the Loyola students that died, those that were to make the future of Nigeria better and brighter. Pastor Bimbo Odukoya, a woman of substance that inpacted the lives of many youths and adults alike. her ministry has helped and still helping us make the right decisions in our relationships and marriages. they will all be missed especially Pastor Bimbo. what we all should do now is ensure that her ministry and teachings are not in vain. we all should adhere to her teachings on relationships and marriage.

Pastor Bimbo, even though you've gone to be in a better place devoid of pain and misfortune and all bad and evil things, you will always be missed. We love you.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by rasheedah: 11:49am On Dec 12, 2005
we all are going on about pastor bimbo odukoya.....yes irrespective of my faith i admired her and felt she was a woman of substance...i was personally affected by this crash so i am really sad......we all say the crash might have been averted but it all boils down to one issue death cannot be cheated when God says its your time to go you have to go....i lost my friends to this fatal crash ...brilliant promsing teenagers like myself had to answer the natural call of death though in a gruesome way......if we say we can avoid death wat do you say about a man asleep on his bed and got hit by a stray bullet...i am not in nigeria now but my heart goes out to them...i know i am young and i mean i am barely eighteen but i have become aware of the reality of death...we should all take some time to think......mamy their souls be granted peace...amen.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by nicetohave(m): 11:53am On Dec 12, 2005
rasheedah...i agree with you that death is a mystery, and i also agree that when its your time to go then its your time to go BUT can we say without an iota of doubt that this case is one of such...need to also add that as mysterious as death is it can also be averted, also people die needlessly when even God would want to them to live purely due to human foolishness...it is my gut feeling this incident is one of such case.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2005
i am still weeping may her beautiful soul rest in the bossom of the lord. May the good lord comfort pastor taiwo odukoya
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by hotangel2(f): 2:49pm On Dec 12, 2005
This is soo sad. Like i dunno wat to say. cry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by oju(f): 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2005
Will some one pls confirm if she is dead or not. she needs our prayers if she is critically ill and not spreading untrue news.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Who Smoked Weed In Church Exposes Rev. Obofour, Says He Was Hired To Do It / RCCG Pastor Banishes 'Spirit Of Marlian' From Congregations' Children / Pastor Prophesied That Members Will Receive Bank Alerts And It Happened (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.